#41 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

sakura without her ahoge (her previous bangs) looks more and more like rin :happy:

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#42 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

sakura without her ahoge (her previous bangs) looks more and more like rin :happy:

Her bangs are back on her forehead this chapter.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#43 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, any sport other than tennis... Reading, Writing, Percy Jackson, Naruto, NaruSaku, Video Games, Physics and Engineering.

Wow, got a lot of likes. It must be my day. Thanks. :happy:

Yeah, it has hit him, I just want to wait because I feel like I got tricked many times. Remember, the last time it connected, it felt like they got him down good, only to be negated. That being said I do think it hit him big time, but is it enough for him to put down? That I don't know yet and I would wait. Yes, this is the right time for Madara to step in and get his dream, but again, let's just wait. If Obito is not down, I could imagine this could be bad not because he will go all out since he's weakened, but because Naruto might get tired. So yes, this attack is crucial and it must be a winning strike. 5th chapter is next and I don't know how Kishi would stretch this long. Now, it could be bad if Obito is reminded Rin once more because that is his driving force. So again, I feel like I should not celebrate on his defeat or "defeat" because again, we got tricked before, will it happen again. I would say if anything, it really filled 100% on friends' department on Obito. Now we have to see what's next.

Ofcourse, we definitely don't know what will happen in the future and what won't. We for sure know that this attack did it's damage however because when the  person who is wielding a sword in a fight drops it, it's a sign that the fight is coming to an end. I'm just guessing what in my mind would happen next and what would make the most sense. Hopefully I'm right though, because I somewhat want to see Obito dying for something worth fighting for.

#44 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

I think the reason why Kishi wrote the way for friends to help Naruto to push Rasengan is because this aspect covers and in my opinion completing the talk of friendship to Obito because many has covered and now the filling in the empty space is finally addressed. Is it ridiculous? Perhaps, but again, it was one way to come across it. You know, I get the feeling that the reason why Obito saw the vision is probably because the fact he clashed with Naruto's power, which seems to be the case with clashes. Remember how Naruto and Sasuke clashed and they're in another world altogether. Perhaps Naruto's will power was getting to Obito and that's why he lost the clash because of seeing where he would have been.

#45 mone_

mone_

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

Did anyone notice?

Yeah, that was my first thought - what is that huge DNA doing there? :D

Anyway, I LOVED this chapter. Naruto emotional stuff really seems to get me everytime.

I just wonder, was Obito imagining all those panels with him being a Hokage or is it already Infinite Tsukuyomi working?...

#46 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

Hinata is totally friendzoned with this.

I don't really liked this chapter and i don't know why. Maybe it's because the wait was so long and i find the combo with everyone a little awkward.

I like the fact that Naruto lend something to do to his friends, and some of his power, but all of this feel too much like Power Rangers combining their powers.

I think that's why...

I'm a little disappointed.

I'm happy Sakura isn't a minion thought...

Edited by Otaru, 16 October 2013 - 07:49 AM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#47 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

Ofcourse, we definitely don't know what will happen in the future and what won't. We for sure know that this attack did it's damage however because when the  person who is wielding a sword in a fight drops it, it's a sign that the fight is coming to an end. I'm just guessing what in my mind would happen next and what would make the most sense. Hopefully I'm right though, because I somewhat want to see Obito dying for something worth fighting for.

I'll be honest, the only problem I'm having is that Naruto killing a man seems unreal. Lol. We're not dealing with AoT, we're dealing with a moral guidance. But I do think Obito is heavily damaged. I just don't know if his will will carry on further. Anything can happen from this forward. Plus, the tree could be destroyed if he's destroyed. Again, Madara said that he will just switch with him and take over. It's like if an eternal dragon shows up and you're the one to summon, that doesn't mean that I can't make a wish. So, I don't think Obito is on his death bed, but down is a possibility.

Yeah, that was my first thought - what is that huge DNA doing there? :D

Anyway, I LOVED this chapter. Naruto emotional stuff really seems to get me everytime.

I just wonder, was Obito imagining all those panels with him being a Hokage or is it already Infinite Tsukuyomi working?...

He's imagining it. Not sure why but he is.

#48 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, any sport other than tennis... Reading, Writing, Percy Jackson, Naruto, NaruSaku, Video Games, Physics and Engineering.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

I'll be honest, the only problem I'm having is that Naruto killing a man seems unreal. Lol. We're not dealing with AoT, we're dealing with a moral guidance. But I do think Obito is heavily damaged. I just don't know if his will will carry on further. Anything can happen from this forward. Plus, the tree could be destroyed if he's destroyed. Again, Madara said that he will just switch with him and take over. It's like if an eternal dragon shows up and you're the one to summon, that doesn't mean that I can't make a wish. So, I don't think Obito is on his death bed, but down is a possibility.

He's imagining it. Not sure why but he is.

I for sure know that Obito isn't dead... he just seems to have lost motivation at this point... he is slowly breaking and this might be the answer that he was looking for in Naruto.. with the friends being by his side like they are at Naruto's side. It's sad to think about but I can only imagine Obito being either extremely angry in this chapter causing him to go all out, or the one which I think would be most likely, which is him finally breaking down and being vulnerable to TNJ.

#49 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

I think the reason why Kishi wrote the way for friends to help Naruto to push Rasengan is because this aspect covers and in my opinion completing the talk of friendship to Obito because many has covered and now the filling in the empty space is finally addressed. Is it ridiculous? Perhaps, but again, it was one way to come across it. You know, I get the feeling that the reason why Obito saw the vision is probably because the fact he clashed with Naruto's power, which seems to be the case with clashes. Remember how Naruto and Sasuke clashed and they're in another world altogether. Perhaps Naruto's will power was getting to Obito and that's why he lost the clash because of seeing where he would have been.

yeah ever since rin died obito turned bad he wanted nothing to do with konoha or his friends thats why this chapter showed k11 attacking him together

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#50 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

Naruto doesn't perceive them as being tools or assets to be exploited in a fight. We know that he's capable of projecting Kurama's chakra out of his body to attack enemies with numerous Rasengan. He demonstrated this feat when he and Killer Bee encountered a group of White Zetsu. The only reason for this tactic not being replicated is because of Kishi's need to emphasise (once again) the "significance" of friendship triumphing over nihilism.

When you look at the situation from a strategic point of view it doesn't serve any benefit for all of them to get involved when Naruto can just as easily direct the Rasengans without endangering anyone or removing much needed manpower from the attack against the tree monster. And why is it coincidentally just the Rookies who receive this mental plea for assistance? What about everyone else who are also using Kurama's chakra? Did Naruto decide to selectively give out the command to just the Rookies? Why not have Joe the shinobi from Iwagakure come along as well? Everyone on that battlefield has been influenced by Naruto. If he was intending to portray a moral example then why not give more people the opportunity to help?

This probably sounds like nitpicking to you though. Either way I don't expect this collective effort to last for much longer unless the fight isn't over and Naruto continues to make a Rasengan for each of them to use as they manually swing Kurama's tails around. 

The thing is, Kishi is focused more on larger themes than battle based logic.  Obito will ultimately be defeated, not because of the power of the attack, but because of the support Naruto has --the support he could have had.  And, it doesn't matter that Naruto doesn't think of them as tools (I agree, he doesn't) but again Kishi focuses on certain themes the Konoha 11 aside from Sakura (and Neji because he's dead, unless he's resurrected) + Sai will be Naruto's biggest disciples, his biggest agents, his most devoted followers.  Among those 9, Shikamaru will be top dog because he's also taking the adviser/brother role that Tobirama had.  Thematically, Sakura is separated from the others.  Kishi gave her the spousal role when she gave the speech in which she spoke for Naruto, so now Kishi is working to separate her from the crowd.

And if you recall, last chapter we saw everyone participating in the attack against the tree --Sakura included, but the other 9 excluded.  Think of who the 9 of them were, Kurama's nine tails (or Naruto's own 9 tails) perhaps?

I don't think you're nitpicking, I get your perspective and often I wish Kishi was more detail oriented than he is, but Kishi tends to focus on the themes he wants to convey, he wants to share and close certain themes and because of that I don't think he's as detail oriented as you and quite a few others are.

#51 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

I for sure know that Obito isn't dead... he just seems to have lost motivation at this point... he is slowly breaking and this might be the answer that he was looking for in Naruto.. with the friends being by his side like they are at Naruto's side. It's sad to think about but I can only imagine Obito being either extremely angry in this chapter causing him to go all out, or the one which I think would be most likely, which is him finally breaking down and being vulnerable to TNJ.

Well, that's a good question to think over on your last sentence. We don't know what's Obito's thoughts after all this. We know now he's really close to being defeated physically and mentally. I know the talking isn't done because we just have him going all out and left off thinking why am I imagining this. We don't know what's his next thoughts are. We just know that it's working though. So it's up to him, whether he has finally submitted to this or not. My worries is that this could lead him thinking of Rin as in should he really give up Rin and let her death to be the way it is or will his love for her will be powerful enough to make him not giving up? This what scares me because everytime he thinks of her, his willpower goes tenfold. That's why he beat Minato and Madara in struggles. So yeah, this could get interesting.

#52 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

I'm happy Sakura isn't a minion thought...

They aren't minions. That is not what Kishi was going for. He was showing you why Naruto is stronger than Obito. And the K11 played a huge part in that because he draws strength from his friends. They all draw strength from each other. Call it cheesy, but nothing beats the power of friendship in this manga. That is what Obito will learn. As we saw in the dream, he could of had those bonds like Naruto.

Just because Sakura wasn't part of the attack, doesn't mean Sakura fans should put it down by calling the K11 minions. Yes, Sakura haters will probably bash her for not being there. But she was still shown as helping the Alliance and drawn in a panel with the others. So she was participating in a way and part of what the others were doing.

Edited by Deej, 16 October 2013 - 08:08 AM.

#53 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

I'm disappointed a little bit because Sakura was just standing with Tsunade. I know she's doing something but still... She'll do something bigger. Just wait and see.

The most surprising part was the rookies having their Rasengan.  :jawdrop:

Edited by sakutonaru, 16 October 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#54 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

Dear God, the part with the minions was a joke. Can't people handle a joke nowadays?

#55 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

They aren't minions. That is not what Kishi was going for. He was showing you why Naruto is stronger than Obito. And the K11 played a huge part in that because he draws strength from his friends. Call it cheesy, but nothing beats the power of friendship in this manga.

Just because Sakura wasn't part of the attack, doesn't mean Sakura fans should put it down by calling the K11 minions. Yes, Sakura haters will probably bash her for not being there. But she was still shown as helping the Alliance and drawn in a panel with the others. So she was participating in a way and part of what the others were doing.

They came off as minions as drawn, I thought it was funny and decided to joke about it, but it's not putting it down thematically at all.  The point is, Sakura can't be among the crowd, even amongst Naruto's inner-circle (and the 9 of them will be amongst his inner circle) Sakura will stand apart.  They will be his minions, his tools (by choice, because remember, ninja are tools), amongst Naruto's greatest supporters, his greatest friends but Sakura, Shikamaru (as pointed out two chapters ago) and eventually Sasuke will stand apart, they won't be an extension of Naruto's will, they won't symbolize Naruto's own 9 tails.

Edited by morgaine4, 16 October 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#56 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

I know what people are saying and I agree. Well, minions part was a joke, but I already said my take on the chapter. The reason why they're apart of this is to address the friendship aspect on Obito. That's why you see him what if Rin dies and he moves on with his friends. It's not like he found a Hyuuga to love (sorry, one joke from me). So yeah, if you really want to twist it around, it really made everyone in that inner circle friendzoned. Ironic.

#57 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

I was thinking... if Obito was put in Naruto's shoes, more or less, does that mean that somehow, Naruto will be put on Obito's ones? The clear connection here is Rin/Sakura.

#58 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

@chatte

yes, that's why i think sakura dying is coming close, either stab by madara or obito. 

thus trigger the parallel.

#59 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

I was thinking... if Obito was put in Naruto's shoes, more or less, does that mean that somehow, Naruto will be put on Obito's ones? The clear connection here is Rin/Sakura.

You know, that's a nice thought. I mean I still wonder why Obito imagined that. It was random yet something must have happened. That said did Naruto got to see Obito's position if Naruto was the one. This is beginning to remind me of last arc, where Naruto claimed that if he was in Sasuke's shoe, he would have been the one that fallen to darkness. That is...interesting...

#60 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

@chatte

yes, that's why i think sakura dying is coming close, either stab by madara or obito. 

thus trigger the parallel.

You know, that's a nice thought. I mean I still wonder why Obito imagined that. It was random yet something must have happened. That said did Naruto got to see Obito's position if Naruto was the one. This is beginning to remind me of last arc, where Naruto claimed that if he was in Sasuke's shoe, he would have been the one that fallen to darkness. That is...interesting...

The parallel is already set to stone, now Kishi's building the ground.

The point in this chapter was Obito going through life without Rin. She was somewhat the highlight.
So this means only one thing. That if Obito saw what it would be like to have your friends close, like Naruto, Naruto will soon feel what Obito felt not having Rin to his side…

Edited by Chatte, 16 October 2013 - 08:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users