• Please log in to reply
31585 replies to this topic

#25861 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:11 AM

You know I have just gotten done watching all ther flims from both the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings and there is something that Frodo says that is so true.

"How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back?"

"There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep… that have taken hold."

Did you watch regular or extended cuts? Good quote.  

Wait, I just had a brain blast.
Gaara was able to achieve so much more than Naruto in the shorter amount of time because Gaara wasn't chasing after a "best friend/ambiguously homosexual love partner" and didn't focus any attention on a stalker girl. Think about this. People ask what Naruto would have been if Sasuke, Hinata and Sakura weren't in his life. You'd get Gaara. Gaara is Naruto without the stupid plot dramas and insipid overdramatic bull of an ambiguously gay duo.
Because he was not muddled by the drama...he achived everything much faster.
Gaara even has a mother who sacrificed for him and loved him more than anything and he achieved being a Kage long before Naruto because he wasn't looking just for "validation," but to actually change the system.
Gaara is a far more successful character.

Mind blown so in short sasuke did ruin naruto how sad is that.

The revelation hit me so hard like a ton of bricks falling on me. But I'd prefer if Naruto NEVER met Sasuke and Hinata and he knew Sakura. He would have hooked up with her who knows, maybe when they became genins.

Same cause really team 7 was never a team with sasuke there. Hell any power rangers team, the avengers from the mcu and the justice League from 2017 were better teams than naruto's. I blame alot of that on Kakashi who taught them nothing, they needed a rj and a cruger as a mentor.

#25862 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:27 AM

Wait, I just had a brain blast.

Gaara was able to achieve so much more than Naruto in the shorter amount of time because Gaara wasn't chasing after a "best friend/ambiguously homosexual love partner" and didn't focus any attention on a stalker girl. Think about this. People ask what Naruto would have been if Sasuke, Hinata and Sakura weren't in his life. You'd get Gaara. Gaara is Naruto without the stupid plot dramas and insipid overdramatic bull of an ambiguously gay duo.

Because he was not muddled by the drama...he achived everything much faster.

Gaara even has a mother who sacrificed for him and loved him more than anything and he achieved being a Kage long before Naruto because he wasn't looking just for "validation," but to actually change the system.

Gaara is a far more successful character.

VERY TRUE.... :yes:

The revelation hit me so hard like a ton of bricks falling on me. But I'd prefer if Naruto NEVER met Sasuke and Hinata and he knew Sakura. He would have hooked up with her who knows, maybe when they became genins. 

Indeed but that would also require Sakura to have not be a Sasuke fan girl at at first either. Maybe then fans would not be so damn relentless on hating and bashing her. I am QUITE SURE that if Sakura was an actual friend of Naruto from the start and had a secret crush on him, many more fans would be treating her like they do Hinata now. Well, that is if Sakura was a type B tsundere at the start instead of type A, and only towards Naruto instead of having a double standard  behaviour towards him and acting lovey dovey towards Sasuke. But again, if she was not his fan girl in the first place it wouldnt even be a problem.

I've said this a million times already, but I can always say it again. My pet theory on why there is so much hatred of Sakura is that she was not  in love with Naruto from the beginning, and she was not even a friend. Plus the reason they WON'T let go of their hatred of Sakura is because she had a fan girl, sqeaky, love struck attitude towards Sasuke, wich fans find revolting since they Feel Naruto is owed one girl that would like him as is, since he has a pretty heartbreaking past. That ended up being Hinata. Ergo, Here we are now :mellow:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 July 2018 - 07:14 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#25863 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:31 PM

I've said this a million times already, but I can always say it again. My pet theory on why there is so much hatred of Sakura is that she was not  in love with Naruto from the beginning, and she was not even a friend. Plus the reason they WON'T let go of her hatred of Sakura is because she had a fan girl, sqeaky, love struck attitude towards Sasuke, wich fans find revolting since they Feel Naruto is owed  one girl that would like him as is, since he has a pretty heartbreaking past. That ended up being Hinata. Ergo, Here we are now :mellow:  

Yeah, and the fact too that the fans are just super pathetic to be like that, considering yeah, Sakura was like that initially, but that shows she was only human and she was growing into her feelings and character, which is why I feel that she was given a short stick just because fans lacked patience.

#25864 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

I found a leaked image of the new Boruto movie. What do you guys thinks?
4hy0kh.png

I think Boneri looks kind of limp to be a villain.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#25865 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

He looks more clinically depressed than a villain :zaru:

#25866 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:10 PM

He looks more clinically depressed than a villain :zaru:

It's because he doesn't want to be in the movie lol. He prefers to kill himself than to do such a kitten movie. :zaru:

Edited by Gravenimage, 21 January 2018 - 11:10 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#25867 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:54 PM

I found a leaked image of the new Boruto movie. What do you guys thinks?4hy0kh.png
I think Boneri looks kind of limp to be a villain.

Wait what the kitten it that, looks like hinata 2.0 head is photoshoped on that body.

#25868 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:43 AM

Wait what the kitten it that, looks like hinata 2.0 head is photoshoped on that body.

Lol Vanitas that's because it IS photoshoped. James was just trolling. :fu:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#25869 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:56 AM

And boy was it a good one :D

#25870 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:57 AM

Though so bolt and the other guy looked photoshoped. He got us good. Though that wouldn't surprise me if sp did that kitten again.

#25871 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:54 AM

Never thought I'd actually have the guts to write this, but I feel a lot of people were misreading Naruto from the beginning. 

People looked at Naruto and saw him as a victim, the underdog who is going to fight his way to #1. They connected to him because of his sob story and believed the story would end with everyone seeing how great he actually is. This is why Hinata's love is seen as so pure even though it started way before his character development as an adult. People even played up his victim status, leading to fanon like a civilian council making Naruto's life a living hell and him chased by mobs of villagers with the intent to cause bodily harm in retaliation for the Kyuubi attack years prior.

But that's not what the story tries to say, isn't it? It doesn't indulge in Naruto's victim status, with Kakashi saying during the Wave arc that Naruto never cried about being alone. Naruto's situation created a darkness within him, one that allowed him to relate with villains he saw as evil versions of him, and a big deal is made at the end that Naruto could have easily joined them. But he didn't, he didn't allow the hate to consume him. Instead, he learned to work towards the good of the village. To serve it, and when his son is dealing with his own loneliness Naruto tells him to suck it up.

You see, this is the thing: For all the messed up stuff we see Konoha do, in the end it's all about contributing for this community. The Hyuuga create a slave class of their members? Doesn't change, and Neji chooses to die protecting main member Hinata like he was supposed to as a branch member. Naruto ends up yelling at his son at the end of the manga for the same prank he himself pulled when we first met him. The Leaf ostracized the Uchiha clan and when the plan to brainwash them into being loyal didn't work out, instead they have Itachi massacre his entire family for the good of the Leaf. And then after learning the truth about this, Sasuke wants it to remain hidden while performing jobs Konoha can't officially be tied to as a form of trying to make up for what he did. Sarada comes to idolize Naruto and follow in his example, while Boruto wants to serve the Leaf like Sasuke.

Naruto was not about fighting the system. It never was. For as messed up as it is, the characters still want to protect it with Kiwaki being set up as the bad guy for wanting to end it. It's about joining the system, not rebelling against it. If you get wronged by society, it's on you to just suck it up while still contributing to it.

Which, really, makes sense considering how bullying is handled in Japan. In Nippon, teachers will tell students suffering from bullying to try and fit in better with their classmates. The kids doing the bullying justify their actions by saying because the victim doesn't fit in, they are rejecting the rest of the group. There's even cases where kindergarten teachers encourage this behavior, telling the other kids to laugh.

https://thisjapanese...-ijime-bullies/

And then people wonder why Japan has high suicide rates among students, along with students who refuse to go to school. And consider who Naruto was targeted at. He's not the escapist character people make him out to be, his story is him getting in line with the rest of society. That's what not giving into hate and absolving people for their crimes comes down to, it's about letting go of your personal feelings and supporting the group that victimized you. Because they're not at fault here, you are if you lash out in response. And it's why when Naruto became a ninja and contributed to Konoha, protecting it, that people other than Hinata began to approve of him.

It's a very Japanese moral that doesn't translate well to Western culture, which values the individual more. We were raised on the scrappy underdog coming out on top with everyone recognizing how great they actually are. Naruto is the anti-Rocky. Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated. And in a sense, it makes you wonder how compatible Naruto really was with Western sensibilities.

Consider that the tradition view in Japan is group harmony (what I've been talking about here), male leadership (Tsunade being a woman being used as a reason why she's weak) and submissive women (Hinata). Naruto is a distinctly Japanese series, but because of the escapist nature of anime few Westerners actually picked up on this.

Japanese society is built on "Getting along." you don't make waves, you don't stand out, you're to be homogeneous, not individualistic and follow the program essentially. You work till you drop more or less.  Of course you always have a counter culture movement, but for the most part its about conformity. Naruto as a kid and young adult was counter culture and somewhere along the way he got beaten down to following the pattern.

Digusting really. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#25872 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

Though so bolt and the other guy looked photoshoped. He got us good. Though that wouldn't surprise me if sp did that kitten again.

Boruto The Last. Oh God it will be a nightmare. :arg:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#25873 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:51 AM

At most it'd be a rehash of the first the last movie going beat for beat.

#25874 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

There, there *pats back* look on the bright side. It might actually be FUN to watch how the fandom splinters even more through that movie!!! :kukuku: Just watch the rage fest and  kick back, relax, plus enjoy some popcorn and drinks :wink:

#25875 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:28 PM

Japanese society is built on "Getting along." you don't make waves, you don't stand out, you're to be homogeneous, not individualistic and follow the program essentially. You work till you drop more or less.  Of course you always have a counter culture movement, but for the most part its about conformity. Naruto as a kid and young adult was counter culture and somewhere along the way he got beaten down to following the pattern.

Digusting really. 

Just like The Simpsons, though that was more Western culture shifting during the Clinton administration.

Edited by RulesofNature, 22 January 2018 - 06:29 PM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#25876 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:58 PM

@ Vanitas Yes I did watch the extended cuts still love them.

#25877 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

@ Vanitas Yes I did watch the extended cuts still love them.

The extended cuts are better cause it fills in scene that seemed out of place, plus showed bormior was a good guy in the two Towers extended cut and his brother was cool. The battle of the five armies extended cuts was good and loved the funeral scene for thorin and his nephews.

#25878 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:48 AM

Just like The Simpsons, though that was more Western culture shifting during the Clinton administration.

The Simpsons have really changed and not in a particularly good way. Sad really. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#25879 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:16 AM

I know this also could fit into the NaruSaku section, guys, but anyone realize that iruka wasn't in The Last? It tells you a lot of why he and Sasuke were omitted a lot and why Sakura was made to try to shove Naruto and Hinata together... because NaruHina couldn't have happened if any of those three were around or if Naruto's genuine feelings for Sakura remained intact.

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 24 January 2018 - 01:16 AM.

#25880 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:20 AM

I know this also could fit into the NaruSaku section, guys, but anyone realize that iruka wasn't in The Last? It tells you a lot of why he and Sasuke were omitted a lot and why Sakura was made to try to shove Naruto and Hinata together... because NaruHina couldn't have happened if any of those three were around or if Naruto's genuine feelings for Sakura remained intact.

He was in that flashback to the academy part where he asked everyone, if they world were to end who would you spend you last day with. Beyond that again only hinata has a true connection to Naruto and is the only one allowed to have any sort of bond with him. Friends, mentors, role models, former love interest, soul brothers, and even his loving mother must all be erased for the goddess Hinata.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)