331 replies to this topic

#61 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

there will be a new comic detailing aang's life after the war coming out in 2015, and hopefully it gets animated. i can't wait to get my hands on it ^_^

Edited by luffyq1, 19 December 2014 - 04:14 PM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#62 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

I hope they mean "comics" as a continuation of Korra... I heard somewhere that they might make an animated movie for Korra, let's hope that is true.

@To everyone in here: Which season do you guys think is the best?

I honestly think it is season 4 b/c Korra as matured so much. Kuvira is also one heck of a villain.

Ooh that's gonna be tough, well I know season 2 is at the bottom, and season 1 right on top of it. 

Between Season 3 and 4 is where things get kinda tricky. I think they are both equally good, but if I had to pick then I'd say that Season 4 for me as well because you get to see how much Korra has matured compared to how she was at the beginning of the series. Though I kind Season 3 also because it was that season where the series was taking a dark turn. Which of course ties with season 4. So overall 

this is what it would look like:

1. Book 4: Balance

2. Book 3: Change

3. Book 1: Air

4. Book 2: Spirits 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#63 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:28 PM

Ooh that's gonna be tough, well I know season 2 is at the bottom, and season 1 right on top of it. 

Between Season 3 and 4 is where things get kinda tricky. I think they are both equally good, but if I had to pick then I'd say that Season 4 for me as well because you get to see how much Korra has matured compared to how she was at the beginning of the series. Though I kind Season 3 also because it was that season where the series was taking a dark turn. Which of course ties with season 4. So overall 

this is what it would look like:

1. Book 4: Balance

2. Book 3: Change

3. Book 1: Air

4. Book 2: Spirits 

same ranking for me ^_^

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#64 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:41 PM

I do know for a fact that the search for Zuko's mother comic story arc was originally intended to be a 90 minute TV movie, but it was scrapped for more seasons to Korra. I doubt it's going to happen now, but I would like to see them go for it again and do the same thing with The Promise story arc too. 

Have you guys read both story lines by any chance?

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#65 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:16 PM

I do know for a fact that the search for Zuko's mother comic story arc was originally intended to be a 90 minute TV movie, but it was scrapped for more seasons to Korra. I doubt it's going to happen now, but I would like to see them go for it again and do the same thing with The Promise story arc too. 

Have you guys read both story lines by any chance?

I didn't, but I should. I know what happened to Zuko's mom though.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#66 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:16 PM

I don't really agree with you guys, I absolutely hated the ending. Just like with Naruto, the end pairing left a bad taste in my mouth. It's like that all over again, the practically least developed pairing won when the one that was heavily hinted since Book 1 ep 2 sunk and was left completely unresolved? Cannot believe it. Bryke seemed to have done it just to cater to the Korrasami shippers because even one of the people involved said that they changed the ending and he was very surprised to see that. I mean, they must have changed their minds because why else did they hint at Makorra even in interviews and defended it from angry fans. I just refuse to believe they are the biggest trolls on the face of the planet. And I thought they were better than Kishi,,,

While I agree that it is a huge thing for the LGBT community to have a cartoon end like this because it's almost unheard of, it should have been done very differently and developed more. My gay friends are actually pretty mad at the ending, they call it a wishy washy representation with absolutely no depth. Funny thing is, my have headcanon ever was that Korra really was bisexual and I actually would've liked if we were shown her being attracted to girls or anyone else besides Mako for that matter, but we never even saw that except for those last few seconds. Sorry if I sound mad or if I offended any of the shippers, but I just feel betrayed yet again.

As for the rest of the finale, it was meh. The whole Book is just not as good as the other ones were, and even though the finale had good aspects, it just didn't make up for the slow-paced Book. They thing I dislike the most is what Korra actually became. I loooved that headstrong and bashful girl and they mellowed her out so much that she's almost unrecognizable. I get you have to have some development, but they changed her too much in my opinion. Even Aang didn't have to sacrifice so much of his personality.

#67 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

I don't really agree with you guys, I absolutely hated the ending. Just like with Naruto, the end pairing left a bad taste in my mouth. It's like that all over again, the practically least developed pairing won when the one that was heavily hinted since Book 1 ep 2 sunk and was left completely unresolved? Cannot believe it. Bryke seemed to have done it just to cater to the Korrasami shippers because even one of the people involved said that they changed the ending and he was very surprised to see that. I mean, they must have changed their minds because why else did they hint at Makorra even in interviews and defended it from angry fans. I just refuse to believe they are the biggest trolls on the face of the planet. And I thought they were better than Kishi,,,

While I agree that it is a huge thing for the LGBT community to have a cartoon end like this because it's almost unheard of, it should have been done very differently and developed more. My gay friends are actually pretty mad at the ending, they call it a wishy washy representation with absolutely no depth. Funny thing is, my have headcanon ever was that Korra really was bisexual and I actually would've liked if we were shown her being attracted to girls or anyone else besides Mako for that matter, but we never even saw that except for those last few seconds. Sorry if I sound mad or if I offended any of the shippers, but I just feel betrayed yet again.

As for the rest of the finale, it was meh. The whole Book is just not as good as the other ones were, and even though the finale had good aspects, it just didn't make up for the slow-paced Book. They thing I dislike the most is what Korra actually became. I loooved that headstrong and bashful girl and they mellowed her out so much that she's almost unrecognizable. I get you have to have some development, but they changed her too much in my opinion. Even Aang didn't have to sacrifice so much of his personality.

I honestly do not view Korrasami cannon... It was a platonic moment in my eyes, but nevertheless a beautiful moment.

It's understandable to be upset with the ending and the entire season. While I watched the season 4, I did come to think that while I liked it, some others might really be bored and unsatisfied with the slower pace, the absence of Team Avatar, and the final villain. To me, while Korra might have distanced herself from her usual cheerful and headstrong self, Bryke did a realistic character development after those 3 yrs. We never got to see Aang change after all (although he must still have some of that playful side in him b/c of this picture:)

tumblr_nd8h6h07se1ruu897o2_500.png

Anyways, Bryke might really have decided to put in that Korrasami moment in the last minute. Go to this link which is fairly new:
http://korranation.t...a-and-seychelle

Edited by trang95, 19 December 2014 - 06:15 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#68 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:23 PM

Anyways, Bryke might really have decided to put in that Korrasami moment in the last minute. Go to this link which is fairly new:

http://korranation.t...a-and-seychelle

Yeah, I saw that. And if that doesn't prove it, this is a dead giveaway:

They didn’t hold hands in the early animatic that I saw. OR look at each other like that. So I had thought the ending was more up in the air romance-wise for Korra. 

It just took me off guard was all. 

This is a quote from Will Ruzicka, an awesome person that is involved in the making of Korra and yeah, even though it proves Makorra wasn't supposed to be given unambiguous canon status at the very end, neither was Korrasami. 

#69 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:25 PM

Yeah, I saw that. And if that doesn't prove it, this is a dead giveaway:

This is a quote from Will Ruzicka, an awesome person that is involved in the making of Korra and yeah, even though it proves Makorra wasn't supposed to be given unambiguous canon status at the very end, neither was Korrasami. 

O_O can you give me the link to this comment? I'd like to reblog it if it's on tumblr.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#70 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:32 PM

I like how they ended it in that way. You can take it one way or another.

#71 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

I don't think it's on his tumblr page because it just seems he answered an ask so this is what I've got: http://ikkinthekitsu...ge/105589147128

http://korrapuffs.tu...st/105588166211

http://prisoncellmak...-the-ending-o-o The last two appeared on his tumblr it seems but they were removed, although not fast enough. 

Edited by Nami, 19 December 2014 - 06:40 PM.

#72 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:36 PM

I like how they ended it in that way. You can take it one way or another.

You haven't watched the show yet, right?

Lol, tumblr spoilered the ending for you already.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#73 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:36 PM

I don't think it's on his tumblr page because it just seems he answered an ask so this is what I've got: http://ikkinthekitsu...ge/105589147128

Thx a lot! I will post it later ^_^!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#74 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:39 PM

You haven't watched the show yet, right?
Lol, tumblr spoilered the ending for you already.

Not yet. I do recall the bond with Asami begins in S3. S4 was more like the return since I do believe something major happened to Korra at the end of S3. So the end, well, I see both ways and it's up to you to decide strong friendship or romantic. Either way, I'm fine with it. Funny because it only makes you think 698 should have been the ending. It's open but no assassination require.

#75 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:40 PM

Thx a lot! I will post it later ^_^!

Got some more links for you, see the edited post.

#76 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:46 PM

Well I must say this was a far better ending than Naruto was, that is for sure I mean just seeing the last fight was epic and the ending well I feel it was more or less left out in the open so people can think about it remmeber this is a kids show show they can't show all that much.

#77 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:46 PM

I will post them. I believe the MaKorra fans on tumblr deserve to see these articles.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#78 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

Wtf is wrong with the MaKorra tag on tumblr?! All the KorrAsami fans are crosstagging like hell. This is just as bad as the NaruSaku tag when the ending came out.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#79 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:39 PM

Wtf is wrong with the MaKorra tag on tumblr?! All the KorrAsami fans are crosstagging like hell. This is just as bad as the NaruSaku tag when the ending came out.

i kinda feel bad for makorra now. :sweat:

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#80 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:47 PM

I don't think it meant anything, just something to tease the fans. If theres a new season it will most likely show Korra with Mako. But yeah, the first series still remains on top and has the better ending in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users