1002 replies to this topic

#981 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:30 PM

Do you think Korra and mostly Mako will be able to keep their hands (or lips) off eachother?

Especially Mako can't live a day without sucking on a girl's lips. And I think they are still in love, they just realized a relationship wouldn't work. I wonder if their friendship bond is deep enough to function without being awkward, like "ohmygod there's my ex, what do I say?"

ナルサク

#982 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

Do you think Korra and mostly Mako will be able to keep their hands (or lips) off eachother?

Especially Mako can't live a day without sucking on a girl's lips. And I think they are still in love, they just realized a relationship wouldn't work. I wonder if their friendship bond is deep enough to function without being awkward, like "ohmygod there's my ex, what do I say?"

No idea all I know is that Mako is awful when it comes to relationships with girls.

#983 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

At least Korra was matured about it, though Korra felt hurt after one last kiss. This could be for creators to establish a romance ending because this is the real series season 1 and we are embargo for season 3, so who knows. Funny how these two ends the seasons so far. That said I think this is possible way for creators to redo stuff. For whatever reason, a relationship that's made already throughout the series is no fun. Again, I can be wrong but I have a feeling it's not over. If I'm right, better fix this up then because now Korra is matured.

#984 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

At least Korra was matured about it, though Korra felt hurt after one last kiss. This could be for creators to establish a romance ending because this is the real series season 1 and we are embargo for season 3, so who knows. Funny how these two ends the seasons so far. That said I think this is possible way for creators to redo stuff. For whatever reason, a relationship that's made already throughout the series is no fun. Again, I can be wrong but I have a feeling it's not over. If I'm right, better fix this up then because now Korra is matured.

as batman said in tdkr start fresh lol

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#985 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

and yeah i knew she would be fully matured by the end of this season now will see where she goes in book 3 and 4

#986 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

as batman said in tdkr start fresh lol

Lol

and yeah i knew she would be fully matured by the end of this season now will see where she goes in book 3 and 4

Same but now I feel like she's good to go. Well, we'll see how things goes through.

#987 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

First of all, I overall enjoyed it. Janet Varney, Korra's voice actor is officially my favourite. And I love Korra with her hair down.

Bumi, Sokka and Bolin

Lin and Varrick

Asami, and the romance

It all ended too fast though. The final battle reminded me of Ozai vs. Aang, and Giant Korra got me back to Aang's sea-spirit-monster in season one. The fight should've been a bit shorter and left more conclusion to the characters. It left me clueless of some parts, but I suppose that will draw me to book 3. Clever, Bryke. Korraspirit.tumblr.com/watch has all the episodes. I'll stick with her now that avatarchapters.tv is shut down.

The stake..

About Bumi - wasn't he a commander(?) in the navy or something? To gain a position like that he would have to be more than just 'lucky', in my opinion.

#988 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

Best moment overall was bumi rescuing everyone, he thought his flute plan would work just for all the spirits to attack him and leave a situation where he ruins the camp with the mecha tank.

I liked tenzins confrontation with aang. Raava was already out of korra by then so this means that other avatar spirits can appear in the spirit world, even ordinary people like iroh.

If the avatar cycle needs to be remade by korra as the first, it's a new cycle well wan was a fire bender to start the cycle. Korra is a waterbending avatar.

Something tells me the writers won't outright abandon the likes of aang to appear, I mean think of it like this, raava cannot be killed nor can vaatu. Something tells me in the future seasons korra will rekindle those connections in some way, i mean the avatar spirit still exists without raava directly, even korra was able to use the avatar spirit to go all Godzilla without raava. So it leads an issue of just how could that even work if raava is the avatar spirit? Some stuff doesn't add up.

As I said before, the avatar writers are too obvious in some stuff, from zukos eventual turn to good, even delayed at the end of book 2, to aang getting with katara, some stuff is just too plan in sight with the series.

In this case, the issue with the avatar spirit and the romance deal with mako, well either they reveal a lost method to resorte the connection to the past lives or it's really just korra now, and issue for this is well are they really going to forsake aang, I mean he still has meaning in the show despite being dead, we can still learn a lot about the 70 year gap. I mean even with the spirit world open, I don't think the writers are going to have them go there so often unless it's critical. Even then aang can still appear but I don't think they would insert plot divice relating to aang needing an answer about the past from him. I mean the only other old cast characters who can appear are katara, zuko (he is still alive) and iroh but again they are not going to use the spirit world all that much. Aang should be around but not as directly unless the writers reconnect the past lives in some unseen way. As for the romance, well as said before, it's too obvious, like the first season when they got together, it's only halfway and with 2 more seasons of lots of growth to go, either it comes back later when they are mature or mako has his focus with asumi. Yet see how this is too obvious? A convinent secondary pairing? I mean it's actually set up like nh but unlike nh it has development and asumi is used a good amount. But that's my point, either more maturity between mako and korra since they have 2 seasons left or it's just convinently mako and asumi. Korra has some other future then. This is not counting any new characters introduced. I mean new characters will come, they can possibly be new love interests for either one but still at this point, it's too obvious just in their setup, at one point they wouldn't just end things in one way with a lot more character development on both mako and korra, 2 seasons left is a lot more character development for everyone. On the other, it would be too convinently seen if it ended. In essence the writers just left 2 obvious paths for a pairing including mako based in if makorra is done or not (not counting any new character influence) either makorra comes back when both are more mature or mako convinently goes with asumi. Same principals apply with hiccups in the relation of mako and Asami, more maturity for them to get together too.

Seriously avatars writers are not good at covering up the obvious.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#989 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

About Bumi - wasn't he a commander(?) in the navy or something? To gain a position like that he would have to be more than just 'lucky', in my opinion.

I know, I was waiting for that throughout all the episodes. It's just that in the opportunity to show off his skills, I was not impressed. :confused:

I admit that his plan to attack from above was good, but the way he defeated the entire camp was not intentional. He did have some skills with knives, but did not live up to the reputation, commander like you said.

Edited by sushi., 17 November 2013 - 12:53 AM.

ナルサク

#990 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

Best moment overall was bumi rescuing everyone, he thought his flute plan would work just for all the spirits to attack him and leave a situation where he ruins the camp with the mecha tank.

I liked tenzins confrontation with aang. Raava was already out of korra by then so this means that other avatar spirits can appear in the spirit world, even ordinary people like iroh.

If the avatar cycle needs to be remade by korra as the first, it's a new cycle well wan was a fire bender to start the cycle. Korra is a waterbending avatar.

Something tells me the writers won't outright abandon the likes of aang to appear, I mean think of it like this, raava cannot be killed nor can vaatu. Something tells me in the future seasons korra will rekindle those connections in some way, i mean the avatar spirit still exists without raava directly, even korra was able to use the avatar spirit to go all Godzilla without raava. So it leads an issue of just how could that even work if raava is the avatar spirit? Some stuff doesn't add up.

As I said before, the avatar writers are too obvious in some stuff, from zukos eventual turn to good, even delayed at the end of book 2, to aang getting with katara, some stuff is just too plan in sight with the series.

In this case, the issue with the avatar spirit and the romance deal with mako, well either they reveal a lost method to resorte the connection to the past lives or it's really just korra now, and issue for this is well are they really going to forsake aang, I mean he still has meaning in the show despite being dead, we can still learn a lot about the 70 year gap. I mean even with the spirit world open, I don't think the writers are going to have them go there so often unless it's critical. Even then aang can still appear but I don't think they would insert plot divice relating to aang needing an answer about the past from him. I mean the only other old cast characters who can appear are katara, zuko (he is still alive) and iroh but again they are not going to use the spirit world all that much. Aang should be around but not as directly unless the writers reconnect the past lives in some unseen way. As for the romance, well as said before, it's too obvious, like the first season when they got together, it's only halfway and with 2 more seasons of lots of growth to go, either it comes back later when they are mature or mako has his focus with asumi. Yet see how this is too obvious? A convinent secondary pairing? I mean it's actually set up like nh but unlike nh it has development and asumi is used a good amount. But that's my point, either more maturity between mako and korra since they have 2 seasons left or it's just convinently mako and asumi. Korra has some other future then. This is not counting any new characters introduced. I mean new characters will come, they can possibly be new love interests for either one but still at this point, it's too obvious just in their setup, at one point they wouldn't just end things in one way with a lot more character development on both mako and korra, 2 seasons left is a lot more character development for everyone. On the other, it would be too convinently seen if it ended. In essence the writers just left 2 obvious paths for a pairing including mako based in if makorra is done or not (not counting any new character influence) either makorra comes back when both are more mature or mako convinently goes with asumi. Same principals apply with hiccups in the relation of mako and Asami, more maturity for them to get together too.

Seriously avatars writers are not good at covering up the obvious.

Well that is why it's called the 'obvious'. :ermm: Just because something is obvious doesn't make it bad, like Zuko's turn for example, he had to go through a lot a development to get to that point, but I imagine there where not many people who didn't expect it to happen at some point.

#991 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

Some stuff is easily revealed others are not. But hey like how we said in naruto, Kushina being like sakura, that was an obvious one and 632 came around yet look at the chaos that became.

For zuko going good, look at the setup, rival to the hero who has to capture hero to get his birthright back, father gives no kittens about the son, hero has to restore balance to the world, we see zukos conflict. Obviously his fate lied with aang but in positive reasons to be good in the end. That was see able from the start once the episode the storm came in.

#992 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

Some stuff is easily revealed others are not. But hey like how we said in naruto, Kushina being like sakura, that was an obvious one and 632 came around yet look at the chaos that became.

For zuko going good, look at the setup, rival to the hero who has to capture hero to get his birthright back, father gives no kittens about the son, hero has to restore balance to the world, we see zukos conflict. Obviously his fate lied with aang but in positive reasons to be good in the end. That was see able from the start once the episode the storm came in.

Zuko's journey was always about finding himself, that was clear from his introduction, and though I loathe to actually make the comparison, he has a lot in common with Sasuke in that regard. Personally, though, I find Zuko to be a more consistent and sympathetic character, which is where Sasuke falls short, in my opinion.

#993 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

another funny thing on pairings is, for those who thought zutara would occur, even SS had more possiblity due to the fact sasuke and sakura at least started on the same side. Zutara had an entire first season of antagonism and the second season they never really interacted till the end and that quickly turned negative. Zuko and Katara only had real interaction in the final 10 episodes and people somehow expected that short run to overturn everything seen between Aang and Katara.

This is again why i feel SS and NH fans need to take Zutara as a warning, just cause its wildly popular or concepted as the original pairing doesn't mean it will come true. The story just didn't allow it past book 2. SS fans need to realize Sasuke cannot and will not just love Sakura just as NH fans need to realize all the past stuff with Naruto and Sakura cannot be overturned in the short interaction that can still occur between naruto and hinata. This goes double for NH when the fact Hinata has no corrlation with Sasuke, a main factor of the whole story, she never even once spoke with the guy so obviously her importance is really not well founded.

Thats all I mean, some character development stuff is too obvious, I mean Sakura couldn't remain the same the entire time hating naruto now could she? She warmed up to him. Just as many pairing fans said NS died in 469, well look at the big chunk of time after that with nothing showing it as ended and then 631 comes in. While others say its just kishi messing with us, its just a hint of where he may take the end pairing.

#994 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=tlW-WYUwSTw

Favorite Legend of Korra moment and will prob always be my favorite. 

43iduct.jpg

#995 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

another funny thing on pairings is, for those who thought zutara would occur, even SS had more possiblity due to the fact sasuke and sakura at least started on the same side. Zutara had an entire first season of antagonism and the second season they never really interacted till the end and that quickly turned negative. Zuko and Katara only had real interaction in the final 10 episodes and people somehow expected that short run to overturn everything seen between Aang and Katara.

This is again why i feel SS and NH fans need to take Zutara as a warning, just cause its wildly popular or concepted as the original pairing doesn't mean it will come true. The story just didn't allow it past book 2. SS fans need to realize Sasuke cannot and will not just love Sakura just as NH fans need to realize all the past stuff with Naruto and Sakura cannot be overturned in the short interaction that can still occur between naruto and hinata. This goes double for NH when the fact Hinata has no corrlation with Sasuke, a main factor of the whole story, she never even once spoke with the guy so obviously her importance is really not well founded.

Thats all I mean, some character development stuff is too obvious, I mean Sakura couldn't remain the same the entire time hating naruto now could she? She warmed up to him. Just as many pairing fans said NS died in 469, well look at the big chunk of time after that with nothing showing it as ended and then 631 comes in. While others say its just kishi messing with us, its just a hint of where he may take the end pairing.

Honestly Naruto has more development with Shikamaru than Hinata. She is not even in the top 3 of those he has spent time with and bonded with. NH is not really a big deal, I actually think this story is more about NS vs SS.

ナルサク

#996 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:55 AM

If anything sakura has a role in just maturity and in a nutshell for her, it could easily be summed up as what she was looking for was with her the whole time, it just took a long time for her to realize it. Hell kushinas design even reinforces this.

Edited by Inferno180, 17 November 2013 - 02:55 AM.

#997 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:04 AM

Lol

Same but now I feel like she's good to go. Well, we'll see how things goes through.

hopefully the korra hate is gone now cuz she really proved herself this season she began headstrong and showed some maturity in season 1 but this season made her fully mature oh and sushi sawyer7mage was the one who compared iroh with itachi

#998 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:49 AM

Lol

also i looked up a comment on youtube and the youtuber is correct about the message this season was trying to convey and that is to not follow in your predecessors footsteps but to be your own person because shes not aang or roku kyoushi or wan shes korra and no one else this is her story thats why they had her lose her memory thats also why her past connections were lost in the end now shes a true avatar i know most nostalgic fans hate that she lost her past connections but it was needed

#999 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

Take a look at this http://uk.ign.com/ar...-title-revealed

#1000 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

I've been thinking, I'm not sure if I like it.

There are five aspects of being the Avatar; the four elements + the spiritual side.

Adding more will ruin that dynamic in my opinion. I was wondering what they would come up with, and I don't think the title is spesific enough either. I didn't understand what kind of change until one of the creators explained it. - The changes after the defeat of Unulaq, what the new era will be like."

I was hoping it would be about the seven chakras, and reconnecting with her past lives. :/ But I like that book 3 is loosely connected to the prequel. I also wonder if opening the portals was really a good thing. Like, what stops the face stealer from taking faces? The spirits will be all over the world, she can't be everywhere. It'll be interesting to see.

Btw, Azula's voice actor will be voicing a bad earthbender girl! : D Lin will also be more focused on, and her extended family. And the story will have an earth element. Makes sense. First book was air, 2nd was centered around water, this will be earth and I bet the 4th will be about the fire nation. Please.introduce.the.firelady + Zuko. <3

Edited by sushi., 21 November 2013 - 10:50 PM.

ナルサク

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users