Close
Photo

If a Second Timeskip occurred after The Pain Arc? How would Events Play out?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Riverkid

Riverkid

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

ds

You mentioned the Dark Knight, which is character driven. Your explanation shows you don't understand the difference between plot and character driven. It is Batman's existence, the very essence of who his character is, that makes the plot possible. Thus, it is -character- driven, and you see both external and internal struggles with the character for this reason. The plot fails if you change aspects of batman, his morality, his upbringing .It falls apart. Joker only comes into play, because of the Dark Knight. 

You are correct that Sasuke is not Plot Driven, the story he is a part of is, or rather, to say things correctly. If I change Sasuke with another generic friend of Naruto that went rogue, largely, things would be similiar for his subplots...because all we get to drive it is "Here's a mission". I gave an example of how it matches the plot driven definition. Sasuke does act as part of the plot for Naruto's view as a target to acquire, but in Sasuke's own subplots? They're not character driven. Your definition also makes no sense because characters aren't plot or character driven, it's the story itself that has the form or not. The plot is largely driving things. 

And here's the shocking thing: Yes, Sasuke not going with Orochimaru would change things, but this is still all external, the opportunity itself formed by plot, -not- character. Saying if Batman didn't help gotham against Joker things would stay the same largely misses the point: and misrepresents the situation Joker was doing these things because of batman anyway, because of -his- character. 

You have yet to disprove that the story here is not plot driven, nor match up your definition to the accepted forms of plot and character driven, as you keep tying it to a character, which is probably why you are missing the actual form. This is why to me it seems you are complaining about it being plot driven, because it makes no sense to say that a character is supposed to be plot or character driven. 

" It is Batman's existence, the very essence of who his character is, that makes the plot possible"
 The plot fails if you change aspects of batman, his morality, his upbringing .It falls apart"

Do you even read your own stuff? You talk about his Characterdesign. What do you think are the themes of a Marvel/DC story ? Its the (Anti-)Hero vs the Villain. Good vs Evil. Batman needs to be Batman to fit in the theme. However the theme doesn't determine the drive of the Plot.

In "Batman Begings" he is the driving force of the Plot, because the Plot is decided around his actions. He decides to dissapear from the society, finding a place to start his training. He decides to go back to Gotham to start his new life as 'Batman', fighting the criminals inside of the city. Its more a Story about Bruce Wayne becoming the Batman, thos self-explained is Characterdrive.

Thats not the case in "The Dark Knight". He already is Batman, He already is trying to keep the Order in Gotham. Thats what the current state of Gotham is until Joker appears to drive the Plot in a different direction, where Batman fails to keep the order and gotham falls into Chaos. Thats because of the Joker, and Batman is reacting towards Jokers moves/decisions, trying to stop him.

"Sasuke does act as part of the plot"

He acts to service the Plot.. thats how he is part of the 'Plot'. He does questionable decisions without good or any reasoning, and all his decisions provide the perfect act for Kishimoto to support his intention of the following flow. Thats what i call "acts to service the plot". 

Kishimoto: "I need a something, so Naruto (Konoha) and Sasuke will head towards a conflicht against each other"
-> "Well, let Sasuke join Akatsuki so he continues his dark-path"

Kishimoto "I need something for Naruto and Sasuke to compete at the end, to give the fight a profound meaning"
-> "Well, let Sasuke also attend for the titel as Hokage, or maybe even for the soul of the world"

Kishimoto "I need something to force a Kage-summit, to build up the Moon-plan with the following War"
-> "Well, let Sasuke attack Killer-Bee so the Raikage can summon an Kage-summit"

Kishimoto "I need to show that Sasuke is 'evil' and sticked to his path"
-> "Sasuke randomly attacks his former teammates after seeing them for the first time after 3 years, putting his goal 'rebuilding his clan' at risk with such a move"

Its more than obvious how Sasuke is used as a puppet to drive the flow of the Plot.

------------------------------------

This will be my last reply to this topic. You are propably the biggest Kishimoto-Fan i ever met. Tryharding so much to defend his writing, ridiculous.

"Your explanation shows you don't understand the difference between plot and character driven."

I mean, you use the 'Characterdesign' of Batman as a standpoint to why the Plot is Characterdriven.. kek

You fail to execute your 'knowledge' about writing, but atleast you call yourself a 'writer' infront of others :-)

dont bother your time writing an reply where you will just continue exposing yourself as someone who can't add things properly, despite all the arguments, facts and comparisons. I wont read your reply anyways, have a nice day.

Edited by Riverkid, 22 August 2017 - 04:25 PM.

#22 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:27 PM

Why does Sasuke stays away from Konoha after killing Orochimaru ? He only left the village for Orochimaru. He would not only get help from Konoha hunting down Itachi (because Itachi was a wanted enemy for Konoha too).. no he would also have the basis again to rebuild his own clan. He only killed Orochimaru at that time, so he wouldn't even face some aftermath (because Orochimaru was also a wanted enemy for Konoha). 

As of the end of part one, he comes to the conclusion that both his team and Konoha are making him weak. He is of the belief that they are burdens in his quest to kill Itachi. So he casts them aside. So I can understand him not going back to Konoha. The problem is that he grabs some teammates anyway, thus defeating the entire purpose of leaving Konoha in the first place. Hebi/Taka/whatever should have never existed. 

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#23 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

As of the end of part one, he comes to the conclusion that both his team and Konoha are making him weak. He is of the belief that they are burdens in his quest to kill Itachi. So he casts them aside. So I can understand him not going back to Konoha. The problem is that he grabs some teammates anyway, thus defeating the entire purpose of leaving Konoha in the first place. Hebi/Taka/whatever should have never existed. 

Well this was Kishi after all.

I mean you look at game of thrones and the growth that everyone in that has had I mean if you have watched season 7 with Jamie then you all know what I am talking about.

that is the problem with both SS fans and pro enders they live in their own bubble world.

As for a 2nd time skip I think it would have worked, Sasuke still would have needed to die in the end.

#24 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:58 AM

i think sasuke should have died with itachi.

get rid of the dumb tobi is the real leader bs and have him die with the deidara explosion

have team 8 fight and kill zetsu by the skin of their teeth.

have naruto's team try to fight kisame in his shark form

have hinata and kakashi die during the pein arc and DON'T revive anyone.

skip the danzo stuff because that didn't lead ANYWHERE and was gotten rid of super quickly anyway.

have a arc dedicated to naruto becoming hokage and learning what it means to be a leader.

have him learn about his uzumaki roots. as much as i hate the reaper mask retcon, have naruto do a good deed by releasing them from their prison. maybe take konohamaru and tsunade with him to say their final goodbyes. naruto could learn some wisdom from them too.

#25 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:40 PM

actually you probably could keep him to face naruto off in a political debate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users