• Please log in to reply
1003 replies to this topic

#961 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Playoffs are GO!, or THANKYOUMARTELLUSBENNETTZOMG

So, forecasting two playoff games? I might be able to do that. (Leatherbacks, Derp Chargers on bye)

#3 seed Tokyo Raiders (roninmedia, 8-5) vs. #6 seed Team Not Seven (Nate River, 6-7)

Tokyo Raiders favored by 5.26

Dood. I would love to have Prinny Bowl IV be in the Finals (Much like Alabama/LSU last year, the second game is the one that counts PAWWL), but oh God those matchups. Brees can't possibly have a worse game than he did last week, but NE vs. Houston isn't one that Nate wants to see. Welker will get his, but I don't know if Ridley will break 10 points. Meanwhile, both of Tokyo Raiders' starting WRs have tasty matchups (V. Jackson vs. PHI, Megatron vs. GB) and Peyton has those Fantasy star-makers, Oakland.

-Pick: Tokyo Raiders

#4 seed Sparky McRandomsons (Jwolf0, 7-6) vs. #5 seed Ellicott Thundercats (True, 6-7)

Ellicott Thundercats favored by 7.87

Oh, and I don't like my chances against True either. Aaron Rodgers vs. a DET secondary Andrew Luck put up 4 TDs against? No one on my side projected to score higher than 19? I'd need some huge games out of Marshawn Lynch, Doug Martin, and Jay Cutler. I'm not sure it'll happen.

-Pick: Ellicott Thundercats
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#962 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Dec 5 2012, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Playoffs are GO!, or THANKYOUMARTELLUSBENNETTZOMG

So, forecasting two playoff games? I might be able to do that. (Leatherbacks, Derp Chargers on bye)

#3 seed Tokyo Raiders (roninmedia, 8-5) vs. #6 seed Team Not Seven (Nate River, 6-7)

Tokyo Raiders favored by 5.26

Dood. I would love to have Prinny Bowl IV be in the Finals (Much like Alabama/LSU last year, the second game is the one that counts PAWWL), but oh God those matchups. Brees can't possibly have a worse game than he did last week, but NE vs. Houston isn't one that Nate wants to see. Welker will get his, but I don't know if Ridley will break 10 points. Meanwhile, both of Tokyo Raiders' starting WRs have tasty matchups (V. Jackson vs. PHI, Megatron vs. GB) and Peyton has those Fantasy star-makers, Oakland.

-Pick: Tokyo Raiders

#4 seed Sparky McRandomsons (Jwolf0, 7-6) vs. #5 seed Ellicott Thundercats (True, 6-7)

Ellicott Thundercats favored by 7.87

Oh, and I don't like my chances against True either. Aaron Rodgers vs. a DET secondary Andrew Luck put up 4 TDs against? No one on my side projected to score higher than 19? I'd need some huge games out of Marshawn Lynch, Doug Martin, and Jay Cutler. I'm not sure it'll happen.

-Pick: Ellicott Thundercats

Yeah, what I need is Brees to throw for 4 or 5 TD's and all of them be to Jimmy Graham.

#963 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Dec 4 2012, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You also had the most points by far. And timing is everything. The week I played True , I would have defeated everyone else in the league, except the guy I played.

That's what I mean by flukey. There's a bit of luck in it and I've had more than my share. I should be about 9-4.

#964 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

WOO SEAHAWKS.

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#965 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Dec 10 2012, 06:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOO SEAHAWKS.

Well.

I left Danario Alexnder and 20 points on the bench in exchange for Fred Jackson's 0. I left the bane of my existance, Jeremy Maclin and his 16 on the bench (it's like it's one last giant F-you to my team...being doing this to me all years) and the Minnesota D and their 20 on the bench. So, if Ridley and Welker combine for about 30 points then....I flushed a winnable game down the toliet.

#966 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

I would have started SF's Defense too. Fred Jackson over Maclin is tough because STL's D is much tougher than most think, but I might have defaulted to the RB because "oh hey RB."

Um, so I guess we hope that Ridley/Welker don't hit 30?

#967 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Dec 10 2012, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would have started SF's Defense too. Fred Jackson over Maclin is tough because STL's D is much tougher than most think, but I might have defaulted to the RB because "oh hey RB."

Um, so I guess we hope that Ridley/Welker don't hit 30?

I think Maclin's defensible because he's been so bad this year. Phili scored 33 points against the Cowboys and he got 33 yards or so. The last time I started him he got zero points.

I should have stated Alexander over Jackson (which is what I did until the end of the week). I didn't like him against Pitt and Jackson had a good week last time. The other would have been Maclin over Johnson, which looks good in hindsight, but not something I think most people would have done all things considered. That's a difference of nearly 30 points by itself.

EDIT: I have Welker in my keeper league, so I wants some points from him. I don't care if Ridley doesn't do too much.

#968 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Week 14 Playoff Recaps

Tokyo Raiders (roninmedia) advances over Team Not Seven (Nate River) 115.50-85.90

I thought this game would be closer, but Drew Brees chose a horrible time to be mortal. This also brought down Jimmy Graham's numbers, and combined with Fred Jackson getting hurt (again) and Welker not getting his customary 6+ catches for 90-something yards and a TD, that did in Nate. roninmedia's team had a lot of good performances this week. Nothing outrageous, but a lot of consistently good scores across the board.

Sparky McRandomsons (jwolf0) upsets Ellicott Thundercats (True) 119-91.85

So BEAST MODE gets the quietest 128 rushing yards and 3 TDs you'll ever see. That's what happens when Seattle demolishes Arizona 58-0 behind eight turnovers and 2 D/ST TDs. (Have you seen the Peterson muffed Punt return for a TD? Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.) Fortunately for me, fantasy only cares about the numbers and not the volume. Marshawn Lynch, Knowshon Moreno, and Doug Martin combined for over 70 points, putting True up against the wall going into the Sunday Night game. Unfortunately for him, the weather conspired to make it a horrid passing day for Aaron Rodgers and that left a Houston D facing Tom Brady as his last hope.

SPOILERS: Nope.

That gives us 1/4 and 2/3-seed matchups for this weekend while True and Nate fight it out for 5th place.

#969 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

I may have out-thought myself into giving up a dozen points (hopefully, not more). I benched the Bengals defense in favor of the Cardinals, despite the horrid game that they played last week. I'm figuring that, despite playing Megatron and the Lions, the Cardinals are going to show some pride and get some sacks and turnovers for about a 20 point game. Except that Cincinnati scored 32. If I'd thought about how a short week tends towards sloppy play, I might have played them instead. Or maybe not since Cincinnati is just as likely to be sloppy as Philly.

ETA: Maybe I should've just stayed quiet and looked like a genius.

#970 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

Its going to be Nick vs Roninmedia for the championship. Nick has the chance to be the first two time, and back to back champion.
\

#971 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Haha yeah, our match looked close until the late games started. Le sigh. And roninmedia with the kneeldown Defense!

Best of luck to both competitors!

#972 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Congratulations, roninmedia!

#973 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Thanks Nick.

I had good luck to finally have you on the one game where AP is merely human and somehow have Jacksonville stymie Tom Brady as well.

#974 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

Any chance we are going another year?

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#975 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

I'm up for it. I was in three last year and won every one except this one. I need to rectify that problem.

I owe Jwolf for one of those since he encouraged me to pick Doug Martin in my keeper league. 

#976 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:23 AM

I'm always up for watching my Qb underperform, ive sent the invites!!  Them we'll disc dates and times

\

#977 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

I here Carson Palmer is available. He says he wants to be your first rounder....

#978 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

I here Carson Palmer is available. He says he wants to be your first rounder....

Hey nate can you reply to my personal message its kinda urgent.

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#979 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

Just joined the league for the fifth year running (jesus christ). Here's to a good year! Has there been any discussion about when the draft will be?

#980 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

This is my Year 11 of playing Fantasy Football. My first season was 2002.

:wot:

I'm OLD. :argh:

Edited by roninmedia, 26 July 2013 - 11:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users