About recent events on Heaven & Earth.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
151 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

I'm sure that everyone here is aware of recent controversy involving the latest chapter of the Naruto manga and the fallout it has triggered.

We admins and moderators have seen some of you lash out against other pairings and their fandoms, and we feel very concerned about that. As you know, we have rules against bashing, and they are for good reasons. Many of you also took a vow for all of Heaven & Earth.

We did all that because we want to make Heaven & Earth feel welcoming, not hostile to new people. We wanted to create a place where everyone can relax and feel free to discuss anything about the Naruto universe. happy.gif

While Heaven & Earth is a Naruto/Sakura pairing website, that does not mean we exclude fans of other pairings. Many of us also like multiple pairings! Remember that other pairing fandoms are just like ours; they chose their pairings because they like the idea of them together. smile.gif There is nothing wrong with that, and there is nothing wrong with polite and healthy debate. It is always interesting to see things from different viewpoints!

We do understand that some of you just became very emotional and posted without thinking. It's never nice to have others make fun of your favourite pairing, whether it be NaruSaku, SasuSaku, NaruHina, or other. But it's also not nice to bash others simply because they chose a different pairing. So please think before you post, and let everyone enjoy their favourites.

So, with everyone's help, we would like to keep Heaven & Earth an open and welcoming place for everyone! If you have any concerns, suggestions, or see any posts that break the rules of conduct, please send us a PM or report!

The admins and mods of Heaven & Earth will always be fair-minded and listen to everyone here, no matter what pairing(s) they like.

Thank you for reading. smile.gif

#2 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

I'm sure that everyone here is aware of recent controversy involving the late
Yes it is, i have problems against NH and SS fans here, did you not read the H&E debate thread?
A girl comes and say that she ships SS because she likes it and recognize that SS is abusive and etc, so why she wants to debate about SS on a Naruto fansite.
I'm not again debates about Harry potter pairings, or whatever.

But seriously is it your desire for this place become another Naruto general forum?
Because i see like it, i'm not going to sound like a fantard or super biased but what's the purpose of debating NH/SS/NS here? on a Narusaku fanclub, i'm not going on a NH fanclub to say "NS is the best gg", i had heachaches friday, of debating here i never had headchaches, i had to go lurk another forums and re-read the chapter and seek other NS fans to talk about the chapter because for the first time it didnt seemed like a fanclub to me, because in the middle of all the NS post there were a lot of trolls posting "NH is canon"(x30).

It does not make any sense.
Some people even created new accs just to say "NH is canon" and leave.

This is a fanclub, if NH and SS are welcome to start stupid debates so change the name to Naruto Forums, because seriously just look at the debate thread that was ridiculous, there was a SS fan passing shame contradicting himself(30X),insulting, doing fallacies and generalizations, he even used ad hominem on me, and still didnt give up and change subject(dozen of times) etc...
No one here is going to force another person to accept your pairing.

There are even boards that is made just to discuss pairing unrelated to Narusaku and even a gaming board.
There are so many places to debate with SS/NH i just feel that this is not the place for it, i dont want to change this place because it's not mine but i didnt like what happened not about the manga but about what happened here.
The worse is there's no option to hide threads or user's posts and you guys wont implement it.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 30 December 2012 - 11:14 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#3 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 30 2012, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure that everyone here is aware of recent controversy involving the late
Yes it is, i have problems against NH and SS fans here, did you not read the H&E debate thread?
A girl comes and say that she ships SS because she likes it and recognize that SS is abusive and etc, so why she wants to debate about SS on a Naruto fansite.
I'm not again debates about Harry potter pairings, or whatever.

But seriously is it your desire for this place become another Naruto general forum?
Because i see like it, i'm not going to sound like a fantard or super biased but what's the purpose of debating NH/SS/NS here? on a Narusaku fanclub, i'm not going on a NH fanclub to say "NS is the best gg", i had heachaches friday, of debating here i never had headchaches, i had to go lurk another forums and re-read the chapter and seek other NS fans to talk about the chapter because for the first time it didnt seemes like a fanclub to me, because in the middle of all the NS post there were a lot of trolls posting "NH is canon"(x30).

It does not make any sense.
Some people even created new accs just to say "NH is canon" and leave.

This is a fanclub, if NH and SS are welcome to start stupid debates so change the name to Naruto Forums, because seriously just look at the debate thread that was ridiculous, there was a SS fan passing shame contradicting himself(30X),insulting, doing fallacies and generalizations, he even used ad hominem on me, and still didnt give up and change subject(dozen of times) etc...
No one here is going to force another person to accept your pairing.

There are even boards that is made just to discuss pairing unrelated to Narusaku and even a gaming board.
There are so many places to debate with SS/NH i just feel that this is not the place for it, i dont want to change this place because it's not mine but i didnt like what happened not about the manga but about what happened here.

Then you let the mods and admins take care of it.

Are you suggesting that they just ban people for stating they like SS/NH/NaruSasu? Because if that were the case, I would have left a loooooooooooong time ago. For the most part this place is pretty respectful towards each others, and I love it for that reason. I've been here for about two years now, and the policies in place work.

This isn't some elitist convention where you get to look down on other people for having a different opinion.

I appreciate what the admins have built here.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#4 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Dec 30 2012, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then you let the mods and admins take care of it.

Are you suggesting that they just ban people for stating they like SS/NH/NaruSasu? Because if that were the case, I would have left a loooooooooooong time ago. For the most part this place is pretty respectful towards each others, and I love it for that reason. I've been here for about two years now, and the policies in place work.

This isn't some elitist convention where you get to look down on other people for having a different opinion.

I appreciate what the admins have built here.

Did i said i look down about the SS and NH people, i think you misunderstood i never said "you're a SS shipper therefore your argument is invalid".
But the inverse happened on the debate thread, he/she did it.

Second i didnt feel respected when a lot of NH fans come here and posted "NH is canon" and other quotes.

I asked for a option to hide people's posts or even hide post's of users and this will never happen or if NH/SS/NS debates happen here at least make an special place for it on the fun coffe.
It's a matter of ethics and education.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 30 December 2012 - 11:25 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#5 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 30 2012, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I asked for a option to hide people post or if NH/SS/NS debates happen here at least make an special place for it on the fun coffe.

It is? How?

No it's not. It's a matter of ignoring trolls and people who are here to cause trouble. It's THAT simple.

#6 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

I was waiting for this thread to be created to have things go back to normal and I'm glad it has been made at time.
Hope everything will be fine now.

#7 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Dec 30 2012, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is? How?

No it's not. It's a matter of ignoring trolls and people who are here to cause trouble. It's THAT simple.

Tell me how to ignore without a button no matter how you see it "ignore" does not exist on this forum you will see the post anyway.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#8 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 30 2012, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tell me how to ignore without a button no matter how you see it "ignore" does not exist on this forum you will see the post anyway.

Then you don't respond.

#9 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Dec 30 2012, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then you don't respond.

Dont respond does not mean ignore, ignore is when you dont see that post.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#10 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 30 2012, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont respond does not mean ignore, ignore is when you dont see that post.

Yes it does.

The definition of ignore is

1) refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.

Not responding is ignoring.

#11 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Dec 30 2012, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes it does.

The definition of ignore is

1) refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.

Not responding is ignoring.

How do you refuse to take notice : "you say i dont want to hear what you have to say"
"dont talk", etc...
we are on internet, the ignore is a option that hides a post.
WHen you hide a post you're saying "i dont want to hear this".

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 30 December 2012 - 11:48 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#12 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 30 2012, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you refuse to take notice : "you say i dont want to hear what you have to say"
"dont talk", etc...
we are on internet, the ignore is a option that hides a post.
WHen you hide a post you're saying "i dont want to hear this".

Or you don't acknowledge said person's opinion. You don't reply to them. And ignoring someone on the internet is no different than ignoring someone in real life. I can't force someone to shut up, but I can tune them out among other things. You don't need a hide button here, you can simply scroll past the post. It's pretty simple. You're making it to be much harder than it really is.

#13 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Dec 30 2012, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or you don't acknowledge said person's opinion. You don't reply to them. And ignoring someone on the internet is no different than ignoring someone in real life. I can't force someone to shut up, but I can tune them out among other things. You don't need a hide button here, you can simply scroll past the post. It's pretty simple. You're making it to be much harder than it really is.

I'm not forcing someome to shut up, i just dont see reason because while you're scrolling you will still see the post, not responding on the internet shows indifference not ignore because you will take acknowledgemt of the post, and it wont prevent the person of posting.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 30 December 2012 - 11:56 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#14 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 31 2012, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I asked for a option to hide people's posts or even hide post's of users and this will never happen or if NH/SS/NS debates happen here at least make an special place for it on the fun coffe.

I would accept this, although the topic is very big, it might be messy. But it can be like the debate thread of course. th_tongue.gif
I just don't think it will be used, NH/SS fans tend to come and leave after some days.

--
Aside from that..it would be difficult for NH/SS fans to be here, not only because their opinion is so different from ours. But mostly because they'll be attacked from all angles. Because everyone but that person disagrees, unless it's a non-pairing topic.

Edited by sushi., 31 December 2012 - 12:03 AM.

ナルサク

#15 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

I don't see why people would be such big meanies. I wish they could be more nice like me.

#16 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Dec 30 2012, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see why people would be such big meanies. I wish they could be more nice like me.

laugh.gif
SK-303_image007.jpg

#17 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

I've been on this forum for 9 years, and this is the worst I have seen it. I really don't think anyone should be rude to anyone one here. Don't get me wrong, it is fairly frustrating when other fandoms seek this forum out to brag and to troll, I think it's much easier and much more respected to report and get them kicked off. I think a lot of us are taking the recent turn of events very personally, and it's a lot easier to lash out in this state.

I do know I want my fandom to be respected, because I would never consider going on a NH or SS forum and blatantly bragging. It's just rude and distasteful, we're already on edge after this.

I think we all just need to take a breath, ask "would I want this said to me?" and send a more mature reply in debate and chapter threads. If anyone is being rude, report it. No need to get yourself anymore worked up.

Much Love, Destiny

Love is everything.

#18 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

There is a "Manage Ignored Users" option under "My Controls", "Options" toward the bottom.

It probably wouldn't hurt to sticky it.

Edited by Dreamer, 31 December 2012 - 05:45 AM.

#19 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 30 2012, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not forcing someome to shut up, i just dont see reason because while you're scrolling you will still see the post, not responding on the internet shows indifference not ignore because you will take acknowledgemt of the post, and it wont prevent the person of posting.

I thought this might be appropriate.

PS I tried so hard to resist doing this in this thread, but seeing the post I had to do it.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 31 December 2012 - 09:50 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#20 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 31 2012, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought this might be appropriate.

Would make sense if i were banned but not.
SK-303_image007.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users