316 replies to this topic

#261 shisui

shisui

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

She has the same ability as Kushina, let's not forget that. I do believe she can easily beat Hinata.

That's a pretty inaccurate statement considering she both took out that giant wood statue in one attack and survived an attack that killed Neji without any problems whatsoever.

She has both scary offense and a pain in the ass regeneration.

Last time I pointed this out many of you complained, but I'm going to say it again.

First, Karin didn't do much against the statue. She had to be saved by Jugo and Suigetsu and Orochimaru, otherwise she would have died and achieved nothing. Plus, all that she showed is inferior to Tsunade, who's Sakura's real benchmark.

Second, Sakura worked three years for her strenght while Karin pulled hers out of her ass. Karin could asspull being as strong as Tsunade for all I care, I can't take either Karin or her powers seriously. She had no build up for her powers and she was thrown around at the kage summit as if she was an academy student.

To compare that to Sakura, who took down an Akatsuki member along with the best the Sand had to offer, is insulting. I don't want them fighting.

She didn't take out the statue, she damaged it. Plus, she got one-paneled. Karin may have shown an impressive feat, but she just doesn't have an offensive arsenal to last more than 7 pages. Even with this asspull, I still think Karin is better suited as being a support ninja for her sensory skills.

I can't stress enough that Sakura is being foreshadowed to surpassing Tsunade, who's stronger than the Raikage(Madara states) and able to tank Susanoo sword through the gut and regenerate instantly without having to bite her arm. Those are just one of the many feats I'm listing. Sakura is gonna be one dangerous b*tch because someone who is versatile and strategic in battle were to get this power up it'd be game over.

All I'm saying is that if Sakura will eventually surpass Tsunade, don't you think it would be better to face someone who isn't a one-trick pony in the offensive stats?

Yes.

#262 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:36 PM

so is the raw out yet?

eh10ut.jpg

#263 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

We could come up with hypothetical about what Karin could or could not do in a fight all day, but I think what's important is that she did something impressive that even got Suigetsu to start praising her, and considering how Suigetsu doesn't usually have a high opinion of Karin that's saying something.

In regards to Hinata, I did not "come up" with what she could or could not do. It is all based on actual panels that existed. As long as there is an actual panel existing in regards to what Karin can do, I'm willing to accept it as proof.

Whether we like it or not Karin got herself an impressive upgrade that could make her a reasonable threat in a fight against normal level ninjas. That's worth acknowledging if nothing else.

Yes, it's impressive compared to what she could do before. A sensor, non-battle type Ninja was suddenly able to crumble a stone/wooden statue. It's impressive because she could never do this before. It's impressive because the sudden growth from her previous capabilities is huge. However, this does not mean that the feat itself is impressive enough that it will be on the same level as other strong ninjas. As I said above, the feat is no more impressive than what other shinobi such as Kiba and Choji has accomplished three years ago, when they were only a genin.

Having a big upgrade does not equate to being a threat when the starting point is near zero. From the view of the shinobi alliance, Moegi having a power up and suddenly using a Rasengan, and Naruto having a power up and suddenly using a Youton Rasen Shuriken have a completely different threat level. Level 1000 turning into Level 1001 is far more a bigger threat than Level 1 turning into Level 100.

To compare that to Sakura, who took down an Akatsuki member along with the best the Sand had to offer, is insulting. I don't want them fighting.

There are five times I felt offended in regards to this topic.
1) Hinata fans saying that her lion fists gave Pein a run for his money.

2) A Konohamaru fan saying that Konohamaru could beat Naruto, one out of five matches because he was more talented.

3) Hinata fans saying that she could have beaten Sasori if it were her battle.

4) Hinata fans saying that she is the most powerful female character in Naruto.

5) People saying that Karin is a good match for Sakura.

Other sites are really offending because some users talk as if all the female characters are on a same level, and thus have to fight each other because they are both females. Moegi/Hinata/Kin/Karin being a female does not automatically make them on par with Tsunade/Konan/Terumi Mei. Matching a stronger female character to a much weaker female character just because of gender is sexist imo.

Pfft, as if I want to see a fight between Moegi and Konan just because they are female characters and thus parallel each other~ Konan vs Tobi is just fine :)

(I am very very tempted to write a long biased, emotional rant in regards to parallels.)

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 19 April 2014 - 06:46 PM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#264 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

In regards to Hinata, I did not "come up" with what she could or could not do. It is all based on actual panels that existed. As long as there is an actual panel existing in regards to what Karin can do, I'm willing to accept it as proof.

Weren't you referring to Neji panels?

Yes, it's impressive compared to what she could do before. A sensor, non-battle type Ninja was suddenly able to crumble a stone/wooden statue. It's impressive because she could never do this before. It's impressive because the sudden growth from her previous capabilities is huge. However, this does not mean that the feat itself is impressive enough that it will be on the same level as other strong ninjas. As I said above, the feat is no more impressive than what other shinobi such as Kiba and Choji has accomplished three years ago, when they were only a genin.

Opinion, opinion, opinion.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Having a big upgrade does not equate to being a threat when the starting point is near zero. From the view of the shinobi alliance, Moegi having a power up and suddenly using a Rasengan, and Naruto having a power up and suddenly using a Youton Rasen Shuriken have a completely different threat level. Level 1000 turning into Level 1001 is far more a bigger threat than Level 1 turning into Level 100.

Bolded: Unfair and ridiculous exaggeration.

Your comparison of Naruto and Moegi doesn't really have a point. Karin is not going to fight Madara (a near God), that's ridiculous.

--------------------------------------------------

I'm not arguing whether Karin can beat Sakura, I'm sure Sakura could beat her. But you're seriously trying to undermine Karin in every possible way just because some people thought she could fight on par with Sakura.

Karin is not some crazy high tier elite ninja, but she's not some low level runt either.

Edited by redragon88, 19 April 2014 - 07:20 PM.

#265 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

ramenanitsu Karin crushed bits of the giant buddha statue, that is impressive in itself, please you must admit that. Not just in comparison to her growth. :ermm:

ナルサク

#266 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

ramenanitsu Karin crushed bits of the giant buddha statue, that is impressive in itself, please you must admit that. Not just in comparison to her growth. :ermm:

That's marginally impressive. This is the technique that put down Kuruma. And yes, everyone struggled that statue for a while. So yeah, give credit where it's due.

So, no more preview? Boo!!!

#267 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

That's marginally impressive. This is the technique that put down Kuruma. And yes, everyone struggled that statue for a while. So yeah, give credit where it's due.

So, no more preview? Boo!!!

Hmm makes me wonder if the jutsu's strength depends a lot on the strength of the user. hmmt.png

Edited by sushi., 19 April 2014 - 07:36 PM.

ナルサク

#268 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

Maybe. I forgot. It's been a while. Going 14 years. Man, time really flies.

#269 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

Weren't you referring to Neji panels

In regards to a tactic he used with juuken, yes. And even though it's not on par with Neji, Hinata can use juuken to close tenketsu couldn't she? (Chapter 633 I think)

Opinion, opinion, opinion.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, my opinion is no more an opinion than your previous post. Your previous post was also an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. At least I provided my reasons to why I think differently instead of brushing off opposing views as "opinion" that is nothing more, nothing less.

Oh and by the way, all the posts in here are opinions no matter how stupid or intelligent they are.

Bolded: Unfair and ridiculous exaggeration.

Your comparison of Naruto and Moegi doesn't really have a point. Karin is not going to fight Madara (a near God), that's ridiculous.

Please tell me what kind of battle experience does Karin have? I have seen zero panels of her fighting in a battle until now.

I do have a point. The examples were meant to be over exaggerated to make it easier to understand a point. You clearly did not understand me if you think what I meant was that Karin is in the same level as Moegi. My point: Upgrade itself doesn't make the shinobi a threat. It's the feats itself that determines how threatening a shinobi is.

--------------------------------------------------

I'm not arguing whether Karin can beat Sakura, I'm sure Sakura could beat her.

My previous post was not arguing about that either. Where did Sakura come from? Where in my post to you, have I mentioned Sakura?

But you're seriously trying to undermine Karin in every possible way just because some people thought she could fight on par with Sakura.

That's your speculation. My speculation in regards to you is that you are jumping on every post that doesn't say something positive about Karin and accuse them of being biased.

Karin is not some crazy high tier elite ninja, but she's not some low level runt either.

This I agree.

You know, maybe my post is not being clear. I am saying that Karin's feats is not "impressive enough to fight a STRONG SHINOBI". People talk as if I didn't accept that Karin crumbled the statue.... :(

Also, are you forcing me to view the character the same way as you? Despite Sasuke being my favorite character, I didn't think his chidori was impressive. Part one Sasuke can cut through this statue. Now are you going to tell me that I have to 'admit' his chidori is impressive?

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 19 April 2014 - 08:33 PM.

#270 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

He did admit that it's impressive, I'll give him that.

In regards to a tactic he used with juuken, yes. And even though it's not on par with Neji, Hinata can use juuken to close tenketsu couldn't she? (Chapter 633 I think)

Hinata can use juuken, I know, but you talked about her flowing chakra into chains. Where's the panel for that?

Even then Kidomaru and Karin are not the same, they would act differently so there are too many variables. I won't take away your possibility, as long as you acknowledge it's just hypothetical.

Me saying that Karin could beat Hinata is also hypothetical. I can admit that much.

Yes, my opinion is no more an opinion than your previous post. Your previous post was also an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. At least I provided my reasons to why I think differently instead of brushing off opposing views as "opinion" that is nothing more, nothing less.

Oh and by the way, all the posts in here are opinions no matter how stupid or intelligent they are.

You didn't. You only proved that other people can destroy rocks and wood. So if I go into battle with an axe am I a threat to Spiral Zetzu? But hey, as long as you recognize is just a point of view and not something established as canon, then discuss way to your hearts content.

Please tell me what kind of battle experience does Karin have? I have seen zero panels of her fighting in a battle until now.

I do have a point. The examples were meant to be over exaggerated to make it easier to understand a point. You clearly did not understand me if you think what I meant was that Karin is in the same level as Moegi. My point: Upgrade itself doesn't make the shinobi a threat. It's the feats itself that determines how threatening a shinobi is.

That's the point, there aren't panels showing Karin fight solo, so we have no damn clue who good she could be, so saying one way or the other is just hypothesis. Sasuke did trust her enough to have his back during the battle against Killer Bee, so there must be some merit to her.

Bolded: And you clearly misunderstood me if you thought that's what I concluded. But hey, if we go with what you said Karin did an impressive feat, therefore she's a threat.

My previous post was not arguing about that either. Where did Sakura come from? Where in my post to you, have I mentioned Sakura?

Seriously? Just go to the page behind. I'm not gonna look for posts for you.

That's your speculation. My speculation in regards to you is that you are jumping on every post that doesn't say something positive about Karin and accuse them of being biased.

Speculation that is proven right in the page before. I, on the other hand, am just talking to you, despite several other posts in the page behind also bringing up Karin, so your speculation is wrong, not to mention temper based.

#271 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

You know, maybe my post is not being clear. I am saying that Karin's feats is not "impressive enough to fight a STRONG SHINOBI". People talk as if I didn't accept that Karin crumbled the statue.... :(

Also, are you forcing me to view the character the same way as you? Despite Sasuke being my favorite character, I didn't think his chidori was impressive. Part one Sasuke can cut through this statue. Now are you going to tell me that I have to 'admit' his chidori is impressive?

I'm sorry, my post was in no way meant to sound demanding. I didn't mean to force you to admit anything.

My post was mainly in response to this. To me it did sound like you didn't accept that she crumbled the statue, because you said it wasn't more impressive than what Kiba and Choji did three years ago? As genins? Which of their moments rivals what Karin did???

ナルサク

#272 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

You didn't. You only proved that other people can destroy rocks and wood. So if I go into battle with an axe am I a threat to Spiral Zetzu? But hey, as long as you recognize is just a point of view and not something established as canon, then discuss way to your hearts content.

I'm gonna jump into this.

He said that what matters is the feats that said character accomplished.
If you go with an axe to fight Spiral Zetsu, depends on what kind of things you did with the axe before, it's like the kid with the Hiramekai, he used first that big sword against Susano'o, it inflicted 0 damage to it, and later could not beat spiral zetsu because he used that moment as a distraction to lay down and follow Madara's plan.

That's the point, there aren't panels showing Karin fight solo, so we have no damn clue who good she could be, so saying one way or the other is just hypothesis. Sasuke did trust her enough to have his back during the battle against Killer Bee, so there must be some merit to her.

As support not as a fighter, she's a sensor type and was important on that fight because the jinchuuriki could escape.
And healing.
And which is why the reason why Sakura cant beat Suigetsu and Juugo or Suigetsu alone, she lacks long ranged attack and only has her raw strenght.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 19 April 2014 - 09:47 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#273 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

Hinata can use juuken, I know, but you talked about her flowing chakra into chains. Where's the panel for that?

Even then Kidomaru and Karin are not the same, they would act differently so there are too many variables. I won't take away your possibility, as long as you acknowledge it's just hypothetical.

Me saying that Karin could beat Hinata is also hypothetical. I can admit that much.

In regards to flowing chakra, I admit you're right. But my opinion still stands due to the other points I stated.

Didn't you say that you can come up with what Karin can do or cannot do hypothetically? That's what I thought you meant. That's why I said in regards to Hinata's attacks and feats I am taking them from manga panels. What I meant to say is that I did not create them.

Huh? That doesn't make sense. My explanation of how other genin could easily accomplish the same feat as Karin does not influence my opinion of how I think of Karin's feat in comparison?

And also I have no idea what you're trying to say with Zetsu and the axe. Obviously, you're not a threat. However, if it's Hashirama using the axe, then it will be. (This is what I said in my previous post). He's a Kage, you're a civilian.

Yes, she does have a merit of healing and sensing chakra. She's useful in her own way. I don't know what does this have to do with battle feats though. Well there are no panels to prove Hinata has the Kaiten, there are no panels to prove Sakura has the Slug Sage Mode, there are no panels to prove that Naruto uses the Hiraishin, there are no panels to prove that Naruto replied to Hinata's confession. Unless proven otherwise, these things don't exist right now. If you're going to say, "I have no proof yet" why did you even bother to quote me in the first place?

Bolded: And you clearly misunderstood me if you thought that's what I concluded. But hey, if we go with what you said Karin did an impressive feat, therefore she's a threat.

I think you either misread it or I wasn't being clear. Please read where I wrote "main point: The upgrade itself isn't a threat. It's the feats that determine how threatening one is." My opinion in the previous post was that her feats are not enough. So, I am wondering where you got that idea from....

Seriously? Just go to the page behind. I'm not gonna look for posts for you.

Please read again. I wrote "Where in my posts to YOU did I mention about Sakura?"

Speculation that is proven right in the page before. I, on the other hand, am just talking to you,

My speculation is based on your posts not limited to this chapter.

other posts in the page behind also bringing up Karin, so your speculation is wrong, not to mention temper based.

You know we can point out to each other who "you're wrong! I'm right!" to each other all night long. But I do not want to waste time so please get to the point. What do you want me to do? Have the same opinions as you? I don't understand what you want at all. I was talking with Google, then you pointed me out so I expressed my opinions to you with no sarcasm, no ill feelings. Then, you started to brush it off saying, "opinions opinions opinions! nothing more, nothing less". To be honest, I thought that was rude because here I was making an effort to explain myself as easily as possible, and here you are trying to dismiss it by trying to ridicule it. Then here you are again constantly using, "but hey~/sarcasm", "I'm right, you're wrong". I only used speculation on you when you used on me(which I felt you were accusing my person instead of the argument itself.) and the other posts I didn't use any sarcasm or say, "I'm right, you're wrong". And now you're trying to attack my person again by saying I'm temper based when I have done nothing of the above. So I don't understand. I cannot make any sense of your actions today. I'm stupid when it comes to reading or understanding real life persons emotions so could you please tell me what do you want from me? I'll hear it and see if there is anything I can do. Right now my honest feeling is confusion.

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 19 April 2014 - 10:01 PM.

#274 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

urgh... the air in the forum in these days are too negative, too much :/

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#275 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

If Naruto has the Sage's Senjutsu, then I hope that means that he can use all basic elements, all kekkei genkai elements and all kekkei tota elements as well. Maybe Shukaku's Sand abilities are a result of the mixture of Earth and Wind. Maybe the Steam-based abilities of Kokuo are just a certain style of Boil Release like how Saiken's bubbles were just a fancy method of Water Release. 

I hope that Sakura might be able to do some hyperbolic time chamber training. Or if there is going to be a couple more arcs, have Obito tell her were she can find such a place that She, Naruto and her allies could use to train for the conflicts to come if Sasuke decides to continue the war to further his own goals. Or maybe that voice speaking with Madara was the voice of Hagoromo's brother who saved Madara's life in exchange for his servitude.

#276 Drica-chan

Drica-chan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

Some users need to calm down and relax

#277 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

on a more peaceful note any chance of getting those spoilers from the chinese site as early as before?

#278 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

i don't think since friday has been already passed. I think that we will have it monday, if we will be lucky...

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#279 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

It's rather funny on how I see the exact same users. Not their faults, but I think the idea is that the conversation happened and I only see that. So it's like two or maybe three are discussing and others are not in forum. I mean I haven't seen other names this whole day. So yeah, can't fault them today, just have to have more crowd in here or even in debate.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 19 April 2014 - 10:44 PM.

#280 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

So... Anyone find the raw? I haven't seen it yet.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users