#21 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

in my opinion --Click here to view--
I think Naruto would end up like Obito if Sasuke/Sakura died.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#22 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

I'm a little disappointed that everything Tobi did is all for Rin. At least I know that hearing his story and his feelings for Rin will give Naruto time to analyze about his own feelings for Sakura. But I have a feeling there's more to Tobi's reasons than just blaming Kakashi for letting Rin died.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#23 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Sep 5 2012, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
some people... --Click here to view--
here and there have been criticizing Obito's motification but almost everything in the world has only one of two motivators...sex or greed...

all in all I would like to see how Obito managed to survive but overall I am quite pleased with this chapter.

I wonder if any of the Kage's survived though

I liked the chapter when I first read it and liked it even more when I read it again...

i highly doubt that the kages are dead so mafara either flead or injuired them to some point,
it was great and now i'm even more excited to see the next chapter

#24 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (Nefertieh @ Sep 5 2012, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a question: --Click here to view--
I mentioned in the chapter 599 thread that the unrevealed coffin could have been Rin, but everyone said that was Madara. What chapter was Madara's coffin revealed? Was it ever confirmed that Madara came out of the unidentified coffin?

Naruto 490, starting on this page. Note how Kabuto even jokingly addresses Obito as Madara, with Obito calling him a "wise guy". Remember that Obito had hoped to use Nagato's power to resurrect Madara himself, but that opportunity was lost when Nagato chose to resurrect the people he killed during his invasion of Konoha.

#25 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (Nefertieh @ Sep 5 2012, 04:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe she isn't --Click here to view--
...dead. We have only had second hand information about her death, and nothing else. She was never revived by Edo Tensei, Kakashi never saw her when he died, so there is a chance that she is alive. It would simply be more interesting if she was alive.

Did you read page 12?
If Rin isn't dead then Obito has no motivation, plus don't you think that if she was still alive Kakashi would have said something I mean anything like maybe "But Obito Rin is still alive shes back at the village", and then Obito would team up with Naruto, Kurama, Kakashi, Guy, B and Gyuki to fight Madara.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#26 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

I agree that it is sad to see that Obito's reasons are all for Rin, it makes it seem as though everything is Kakashi's fault. But I suspect we're only being told half truths and Madara will have a lot to do with Obito's descent into villainy.

Madara showing up was unexpected, I was hoping that the kages would find a way to defeat him, it was their battle and for all the theme of the manga being that the new generation will surpass the old we haven't really seen a lot of it, I don't think that they're dead I doubt Kishi would kill off Tsunade and Gaara off panel

#27 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (neoshadow @ Sep 5 2012, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree that it is sad to see that Obito's reasons are all for Rin, it makes it seem as though everything is Kakashi's fault. But I suspect we're only being told half truths and Madara will have a lot to do with Obito's descent into villainy.

Madara showing up was unexpected, I was hoping that the kages would find a way to defeat him, it was their battle and for all the theme of the manga being that the new generation will surpass the old we haven't really seen a lot of it, I don't think that they're dead I doubt Kishi would kill off Tsunade and Gaara off panel

welll...what about his clan,finding out the truth that his entire clan was killed would effect him tooo right especially if he knew the truth
first he says that he'll crush the idea of ta shinobi since kakashi was okay to leave his comrade and friend for the sake of the missiom ,and then he dies and then rin dies ( he said this) after he intrusted her with kakashi,and then the clan,dont forget about that ,if he found out that the elders were the reason i mean if he found out the acual truth from madara perhaps. that's enough for his hate,and maybe madara brain washed him world pieace

#28 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Sep 5 2012, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto 490, starting on this page. Note how Kabuto even jokingly addresses Obito as Madara, with Obito calling him a "wise guy". Remember that Obito had hoped to use Nagato's power to resurrect Madara himself, but that opportunity was lost when Nagato chose to resurrect the people he killed during his invasion of Konoha.

Sorry, I have terrible memory. XD

Why is it that Tobi chose not to --Click here to view--
resurrect Rin instead?

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 5 2012, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you read page 12?
If Rin isn't dead then Obito has no motivation, plus don't you think that if she was still alive Kakashi would have said something I mean anything like maybe "But Obito Rin is still alive shes back at the village", and then Obito would team up with Naruto, Kurama, Kakashi, Guy, B and Gyuki to fight Madara.

Obviously he thinks --Click here to view--
Rin died, but considering we haven't seen her actual death, her ghost, or an Edo Tensei, how are we sure?

Edited by Nefertieh, 05 September 2012 - 10:01 AM.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#29 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

does anyone really care if we all stop posting in spoilers? I mean seriously, I dont think anyone in there right mind would click something labled Naruto 600 without expecting spoilers... on the first page it makes sense but at this point I think we should all stop posting in spoilers...

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#30 Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Dattebayo!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Art (Photoshop, Drawing, Painting etc.), Manga, Anime, Hardware &amp; Software genius, Tennis, Music... :)

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 5 2012, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So Obito is trying to bring about the end of the world all because Rin died. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me th_twitchsmile.gif .

But I would really like an explanation on how Madara just showed up like that, I mean what happened to the Kages?

At least know two things now
  1. Rin is dead (I am tired of all those fanfics where she is Sakura's mother and between this and Sakura's parents appearing in Road to Ninja there will finally be an end to it).
  2. There will be no cutting away to the Kages vs. Madara fight anymore (unless it through flashback).

@Kuraudo: You forgot Killer B

Yeah! Damn... How could I forget him?! biggrin.gif

Anyway, the reason about Rin's death and Obito goes all way crazy is stupid. Then Sasuke for him is a do-gooder. biggrin.gif

#31 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (candycane-chan @ Sep 5 2012, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
welll...what about his clan,finding out the truth that his entire clan was killed would effect him tooo right especially if he knew the truth
first he says that he'll crush the idea of ta shinobi since kakashi was okay to leave his comrade and friend for the sake of the missiom ,and then he dies and then rin dies ( he said this) after he intrusted her with kakashi,and then the clan,dont forget about that ,if he found out that the elders were the reason i mean if he found out the acual truth from madara perhaps. that's enough for his hate,and maybe madara brain washed him world pieace

but wasnt tobi all for killing the Uchiha, my memories not to good around that part but wasn't his presence a big part of Itachi's decision

Obito will probably be like Nagato, the pain of losing someone close to them warped their initial ideas of a way to achieve peace and they resorted to methods that create a false peace. Peace through fear and pain for Nagato and peace through absolute control for Obito.
I do find it interesting that such a big emphasis is put on the line wheter "I" survived or not is not important, it sorta sounds like hes saying that Obito didn't survive whether he means in body or in character though is up for debate

#32 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Sep 5 2012, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto 490, starting on this page. Note how Kabuto even jokingly addresses Obito as Madara, with Obito calling him a "wise guy".

And here too.

As for the chapter, I think more will be revealed about Obito's motivations in the next few chapters. Rin's death is just the surface. My guess is, Madara may also help fill in some of the blanks.

I also get the feeling though, that somehow Madara and Obito will retreat temporarily. I wonder if what Naruto said at this page here is hinting that there will be some downtime in the story and that will open an opportunity for Naruto to hear Obito & Kakashi's story from the Jounins.

On another note, the art truly delivered in this chapter (minus the flashbacks), just like the one before. Kishi excellently conveyed the central characters' feelings through their expression.

These 2 pages clinched it for me:

The panel with Rin smiling, a precious memory of Obito's. Then it switches to the present. Showing Obito's anger.
The next page shows everything Kakashi's going through now (even if he's wearing a mask. Kishi when are you going to unmask him?? rolleyes.gif). It's easy to see what kind of emotions Kakashi's going through now: Shock, Horror, Guilt, Shame, and Denial.

All in all, excellent. It's as if you can truly feel what they're feeling. I really hope the anime doesn't disappoint with this scene.

And also, Kakashi saying "aren't you going to blame me?" sounds like he's definitely leaning into being suicidal. It will be interesting if Kishi's going to have enough balls to delve into Kakashi's psychological condition.

Edited by Codus N, 05 September 2012 - 10:24 AM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#33 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (Branden @ Sep 5 2012, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
does anyone really care if we all stop posting in spoilers? I mean seriously, I dont think anyone in there right mind would click something labled Naruto 600 without expecting spoilers... on the first page it makes sense but at this point I think we should all stop posting in spoilers...

The rule only applies to the first page. Not sure why the rest are posting in spoiler tags on this page.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#34 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:26 AM

I don't think Obito blames Kakashi for Rin's death, I think he blames the entire shinobi world. Rin's death was most likely an awakening to him. I don't think he feels hatred anymore. I don't think he has any emotion left in him. I believe Obito has only one goal, peace at any cost.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#35 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

I'm sorry but this is pathetic! So because he couldn't get the girl and Kakashi failed in protecting her, he decided to take over the world. Pitiful. One of the worst villains ever. Kishi just made Sasuke a brilliant villain, even though he is just a kid who refuses to grow up. I've always consider Kishi a good writer, until now.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#36 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (Nostradamus @ Sep 5 2012, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry but this is pathetic! So because he couldn't get the girl and Kakashi failed in protecting her, he decided to take over the world. Pitiful. One of the worst villains ever. Kishi just made Sasuke a brilliant villain, even though he is just a kid who refuses to grow up. I've always consider Kishi a good writer, until now.

How is Obito different to Sasuke? Both hate something (the world, Konoha) for causing the death of their loved ones. It has nothing to do with the fact that Obito "couldn't get the girl."
Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#37 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (Branden @ Sep 5 2012, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Obito blames Kakashi for Rin's death, I think he blames the entire shinobi world. Rin's death was most likely an awakening to him. I don't think he feels hatred anymore. I don't think he has any emotion left in him. I believe Obito has only one goal, peace at any cost.

In that we both agree.

Obito isn't angry at Kakashi, I don't even think he holds a grudge against the shinobi world. I think that Obito came to the realization that the way life flows in the current shinobi system eventually only brings pain to anyone involved.

Obito seems to be one a mad quest of world peace for the sake of sparing the future generations of the pain he had to go through caused by the current shinobi world. Also, he doesn't care who he has to kill in the process because he know believes in the "end justify the means" mentality. The death of a few people is meaningless since in the long run the world can achieve eternal bliss thanks to the infinite tsukuyomi. Obito probably thinks that all the people he killed will eventually be grateful to him for making the world a better place from then on.

Obito doesn't want revenge or anything like that. In his own twisted way he believes he can bring about happiness to the entire world with his illusions. And he wants to do it to spare everyone from the prospect of experiencing terrible pain like he had when he lost Rin.

#38 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Sep 5 2012, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In that we both agree.

Obito isn't angry at Kakashi, I don't even think he holds a grudge against the shinobi world. I think that Obito came to the realization that the way life flows in the current shinobi system eventually only brings pain to anyone involved.

Obito seems to be one a mad quest of world peace for the sake of sparing the future generations of the pain he had to go through caused by the current shinobi world. Also, he doesn't care who he has to kill in the process because he know believes in the "end justify the means" mentality. The death of a few people is meaningless since in the long run the world can achieve eternal bliss thanks to the infinite tsukuyomi. Obito probably thinks that all the people he killed will eventually be grateful to him for making the world a better place from then on.

Obito doesn't want revenge or anything like that. In his own twisted way he believes he can bring about happiness to the entire world with his illusions. And he wants to do it to spare everyone from the prospect of experiencing terrible pain like he had when he lost Rin.

QFT. It is likely Madara had been feeding his ideology to Obito during the span of that 1-2 years before Naruto's birth. Madara was able to manipulate him but Rin's death was crucial to push him over the edge. Basically, Rin was the last push to finally make him fall into what he is now. Quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he brought up Sakura to Naruto.

If Sakura is by his side at that moment, it'll make for some tense drama between them. Naruto & Sakura would be speechless because they wouldn't know what to say to Obito & each other. I wouldn't even be surprised if he started attacking her verbally and ripping her about Sasuke & Naruto.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#39 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

i dont think obito motivation is shallow, it breaks everything he believe, if you look at past pages, rin was the one that motivates obito to go foward and the main reason why he wanted to surpass kakashi, the same applies with naruto, i do not see a guy that is seeking revenge on kakashi, i see a guy that had his beliefs broken by her death, he really loved rin.
Now he wants to destroy the world and build a new one my bet is he already said he wants to change this world destroying the idea of a shinobi so no one can suffer the pain he suffered.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#40 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hey guys, I thought you were telling me not to complain because Kishi will explain everything this chapter. Where's my explanation?! Obito is going what he did because of Rin dying? Well....that's pathetic. The only good pages in this chapter were the last 2. Obito mixing his Fire Jutsu and Kamui and MADARA MOTHERFLIPPING UCHIHA showing up.

Dear Team Naruto, you're officially screwed now. Better hope Sasuke brings back Prime Hiruzen or something. xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users