134 replies to this topic

#81 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:13 PM

I was actually thinking that Boruto would be an actual physically and emotionally abusive husband behind closed doors because he just has that narcissism that makes it so he can't stand having his over-inflated, egotistical opinion of himself be questioned and for someone like Salad, who would clearly do so (something she got from Karin clearly - screw what the "canon" says here, she's Karin's), it would be a constant questioning of his skill, his manhood, and so on, and since he wouldn't be able to come up with any actual reasoning, the best he could do at first would be to bully her into agreeing with his views, and since she obviously would not be pushed around like that, it would cause Boruto to escalate against her.

Sasuke could have earned at least a few points with me if, after he narrowed his eyes when he saw Boruto doing the cheated-Rasengan, he called Boruto out on it right there and just knocked him down a few pegs with his usually brutally honest self, and especially comparing him to how Naruto (initially) trained hard and achieved the Rasengan in just a week with nothing more than determination and hard work, and thus Boruto isn't worthy to be his disciple, and then just walks away, leaving Boruto frozen in place with a wide-eyed stunned look on his face and such.

2e5.gif

#82 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:47 AM

I was actually thinking that Boruto would be an actual physically and emotionally abusive husband behind closed doors because he just has that narcissism that makes it so he can't stand having his over-inflated, egotistical opinion of himself be questioned and for someone like Salad, who would clearly do so (something she got from Karin clearly - screw what the "canon" says here, she's Karin's), it would be a constant questioning of his skill, his manhood, and so on, and since he wouldn't be able to come up with any actual reasoning, the best he could do at first would be to bully her into agreeing with his views, and since she obviously would not be pushed around like that, it would cause Boruto to escalate against her.

Sasuke could have earned at least a few points with me if, after he narrowed his eyes when he saw Boruto doing the cheated-Rasengan, he called Boruto out on it right there and just knocked him down a few pegs with his usually brutally honest self, and especially comparing him to how Naruto (initially) trained hard and achieved the Rasengan in just a week with nothing more than determination and hard work, and thus Boruto isn't worthy to be his disciple, and then just walks away, leaving Boruto frozen in place with a wide-eyed stunned look on his face and such.

I think Sasuke know he was cheating with that full size rasengan, he let it be because he resemble him. He remembers , that he'll do anything to obtain power even going to Orochimaru and dark path, same with Boruto, he'll do anything to win or get stronger, even use device and cheat.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#83 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:23 AM

I think Sasuke know he was cheating with that full size rasengan, he let it be because he resemble him. He remembers , that he'll do anything to obtain power even going to Orochimaru and dark path, same with Boruto, he'll do anything to win or get stronger, even use device and cheat.

Do you think he can even see with that haircut? :wink:

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#84 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:30 AM

Do you think he can even see with that haircut? :wink:

I'll look aback at that chapter again.

He sees it in page 31. Then next page he has the vision of Naruto. Then ask how he improved in just one day. Bolt brags that his talent level is on a completely different level compared to his old man. Sasuke pauses in thought, then says that Bolt is different from Naruto, and he was hoping that wasn't the case. So he's probably taking Bolt as a disciple in order to straighten that boy up.

When Sasuke thinks he is morally better then you, and I actually agree with him for once. You know that character has a problem.

Once again before he was hoping that Bolt was a more talented version of his father with his determination and desire to for recognition. I just started skimming by that point when I first read through and didn't notice that even Sasuke realized this wasn't the case.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 June 2016 - 10:07 AM.

#85 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:19 AM

I didn't see Boruto the Movie.

But the reason I asked is because Naruto using a shadow clone for his daughters birthday is terrible. The point seemed to be to validate Boruto's feelings and at least sympathize with him even is he is a jerk. Naruto first act was to vandalize a monument and his fairly bratty himself. But the series was quick to explain and people sympathized with his behavior. Good or bad, attention was attention. It's clear we were supposed to at least sympathize with Naruto. I thought the same of Boruto in chapter 1, but then we get this?

I can't find a single likable quality about him. He's a first class jackass throughout the chapter.

Well he cares about his mom and sister. That's at least one redeeming quality

#86 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:11 AM

Well he cares about his mom and sister. That's at least one redeeming quality

He is still demanding and abusive toward them. Ordering his sister not to bring her stuff toy in the hokage chapter and yelling at his mother in the first chapter.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 June 2016 - 06:18 AM.

#87 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:18 PM

He is still demanding and abusive toward them. Ordering his sister not to bring her stuff toy in the hokage chapter and yelling at his mother in the first chapter.

To which you have Hinata being the doormat she always is (and still talking like she "understands" Naruto when she really still has no clue) and Himawari turning into a yandere psycho like Hinata secretly was before.

2e5.gif

#88 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:08 PM

To which you have Hinata being the doormat she always is (and still talking like she "understands" Naruto when she really still has no clue) and Himawari turning into a yandere psycho like Hinata secretly was before.

But remember man that is why Beta males love her she is a doormat that will not qustion them, and beta males love that kitten, we all know many pro enders don't care about good story telling, its sad but true but there is good news I told my mum about this and she says it makes her sick and she is like in her 60's now.

#89 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

Well all I can to this kitten is one thing as Bardock once said in teamfourstar

"And now I welcome the sweet embrace of death."

Right there with ya Bardock.

#90 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:19 PM

Seven pages of Sasuke fighting? Seriously? No talking - just swoosh marks and repetitive panels. I wonder if that section was expanded to pad the page count in the chapter. It's so painfully undramatic and pointless. Why add all those panels unless you're trying to fill up pages?

And Sasuke with the Rinnegan — you know, it still ticks me off. That had nothing to do with Sasuke. It was Nagato's skill, and since he had such a connection to Naruto (through Jiraiya as their teacher, and then as Naruto being a younger version of him), it just seems so out of place that his primary skill went to Sasuke, whom Nagato had no connection with at all. I'm not saying the Naruto should have had the rinnegan...just that if it was meant to go to Sasuke in the end, then the legacy should have been there. There is a legacy from Jiraiya to Nagato to Naruto...but Nagato's prized skill and immense power-up goes to Sasuke. (It rubs me the wrong way in the same way that Sasuke gets to visit the Uzumaki compound while Naruto does not.)

Sarada is totally over-sexualized in this manga. From the pseudo-provocative poses (modeling in the tree), to the up-skirt running panel, to the chat with Sakura about her sex life.... it's awful. She's a plot device/romantic interest. And as the only strong/pwerful female role in this manga (aside from the villain), it's not a good sign for things to come. At least in the old Naruto there were powerful women (even though it went nowhere in the end). No so in Boruto.

Last - such amazingly bad artwork.... Flat, stale and cartoonish. HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure Kishimoto drew the Bee/8 tails/Kaguya segment. It's detailed, the perspective is dynamic and the poses and anatomy are correct. So it makes the Boruto drawing style even worse by having half in the amateur style and half by Kishimoto's hand. 

I wouldn't hate Boruto just to hate it. I mean, if it were done well, I'd respect that aspect of it (even if I didn't like Boruto the character, or the way Naruto's story has gone). But as it is now, the story is a dud, the characters are not at all created to be weird/awesome/memorable the way the were in Naruto, and the art is just terrible. It's like the don't even care enough to make a quality work. That's the part I hate the most.

#91 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:12 PM

Seven pages of Sasuke fighting? Seriously? No talking - just swoosh marks and repetitive panels. I wonder if that section was expanded to pad the page count in the chapter. It's so painfully undramatic and pointless. Why add all those panels unless you're trying to fill up pages?

And Sasuke with the Rinnegan — you know, it still ticks me off. That had nothing to do with Sasuke. It was Nagato's skill, and since he had such a connection to Naruto (through Jiraiya as their teacher, and then as Naruto being a younger version of him), it just seems so out of place that his primary skill went to Sasuke, whom Nagato had no connection with at all. I'm not saying the Naruto should have had the rinnegan...just that if it was meant to go to Sasuke in the end, then the legacy should have been there. There is a legacy from Jiraiya to Nagato to Naruto...but Nagato's prized skill and immense power-up goes to Sasuke. (It rubs me the wrong way in the same way that Sasuke gets to visit the Uzumaki compound while Naruto does not.)

Sarada is totally over-sexualized in this manga. From the pseudo-provocative poses (modeling in the tree), to the up-skirt running panel, to the chat with Sakura about her sex life.... it's awful. She's a plot device/romantic interest. And as the only strong/pwerful female role in this manga (aside from the villain), it's not a good sign for things to come. At least in the old Naruto there were powerful women (even though it went nowhere in the end). No so in Boruto.

Last - such amazingly bad artwork.... Flat, stale and cartoonish. HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure Kishimoto drew the Bee/8 tails/Kaguya segment. It's detailed, the perspective is dynamic and the poses and anatomy are correct. So it makes the Boruto drawing style even worse by having half in the amateur style and half by Kishimoto's hand. 

I wouldn't hate Boruto just to hate it. I mean, if it were done well, I'd respect that aspect of it (even if I didn't like Boruto the character, or the way Naruto's story has gone). But as it is now, the story is a dud, the characters are not at all created to be weird/awesome/memorable the way the were in Naruto, and the art is just terrible. It's like the don't even care enough to make a quality work. That's the part I hate the most.

Ah, so you think kishi had to do the action scenes in this chapter. *looks* I think the pedophile did do his own version of it. But apparently it was bad so kishi step in and did the art instead for those pages. Most of the art does look more like kishi's except for that one image of Naruto. It has that eye problem the artist has. That is not a good thing when you have to get your editor to do the artist's work. It already bad enough that they are just copy pasting kishi movie plot already.

47.png

The rinngan is kind of waste on Sasuke. Its main skill is that anything that has those eye are all connected. Like cameras to a monitoring station. Sasuke really doesn't have a use for that but Naruto could used that with his shadow clones. And Sasuke didn't really get any other skills from that eye. But the point of it is the same thing with all those sharingan power up. It was just something to give to Sasuke to justify him being able to go toe to toe with Naruto. Naruto should have gotten the rinngan when he gain all the charkra of the nine tailed beast since the eyes are really from the ten tail not the super special uchiha gene.

You know i hope no-one is sticking around to see what they do with Salad. Cause it kind of obvious they aren't going to be doing much with her other then sexualizing her. The only original plot they have give. Is that eventually Bolt will face off against his Sasuke who we haven't met yet. 

#92 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:16 PM

Even Madara at least had to get Hashirama's DNA and then nearly die before finally awakening the Rinnegan himself, on top of simply being so powerful as he was. Sasuke was literally handed it by Hagoromo, despite Sasuke being shown in the flashback to clearly be following the typical Indra-style path to which you'd think Hagaromo would then say, "No power for you!", and give it all to Naruto instead. What's even more stupid is that Sasuke only gets it in one eye while keeping his Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan in the other. There is literally no reason to do that except for the fact that they completely overwanked the Uchiha and the Sharingan and its abilities hard while hardly doing anything with the Rinnegan after Nagato's use of it (with Madara, all we really got was the meteor and the "perfected" Susano'o) so they had to keep the overall-more-broken doujutsu in Sasuke. And even then, we still didn't get anything new shown with it, just the Chibaku Tensei on the Biju really.

With Nagato, there's also the fact that he was revealed to also be an Uzumaki member, which practically makes him almost a blood-relation to Naruto.

Sarada, yeah, it's so easy to tell. Also with the way they just BARELY keep her skirt down. At least when it came to more provocatively dressed kunoichi in part one (like Anko), it was known to be purposely done for the art of seduction and distracting males in combat in order to throw off their balance and such given females tend to have a disadvantage in hand-to-hand combat against males due to muscle mass, body size, etc. unless they know Tsunade's chakra-enhanced strength abilities, while also being a tool to assist in more covert assassinations. Here, in this supposedly "peaceful" time, there should be no reason for it. Even Ino's outfit now looks a lot more conservative in nature compared to her outfits in parts one and two.

2e5.gif

#93 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:31 PM

Sasuke was literally handed it by Hagoromo,

Not quite right there, he was almost dead when Madara stab him with his own Kusanagi Sword, and then was healed by Kabuto by giving him some of his DNA , THAT is how he can get Rinnesharingan from Hagoromo, without Kabuto help he won't get that, because the only people that compatible with rinnengan is Uzumaki, that's why Madara order obito to be friend with Nagato so that he can revive him latter.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#94 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:34 PM

Wonder why Kishi couldn't allow us to feel sorry for a villain who is just a villain. It's like he has to make them good to make us feel sympathy.

#95 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:50 PM

@nateriver
Rinnegan is the final stage of sharingan. That power is implanted on nagato. Naruto doesn't need rinnegan.

@touken
Villain redemption and talk no jutsu.
He tried to emulate hxh villain.

#96 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:58 PM

Yeah, but he keeps shoving in that it feels forced.

#97 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:39 PM

Yeah, but he keeps shoving in that it feels forced.

Well, that's when talent and effort come into play.

#98 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:34 PM

naruto's clones having rinnegan eyes is pointless. once they go poof, their experience goes straight back to the original.

#99 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:34 PM

What's funny is that if they really wanted to, they could have given the rinnegan to Naruto. Because as far as we know they have connected multiple clans back to Kaguya, Hamura, Hagoromo and his children. They have made it so convoluted you could say the Uchiha, the Hyuga, the Senju and the Uzumaki all have a portion of the same blood that came from the same family that all doujutsu originated from. Meaning that you really don't need a mixture of DNA's to produce certain doujutsus since they all originated from one family that spawned the various clans.

It just goes to show you how rushed and poorly executed everything became in the end. They really didn't think this through when they came up with the Ootsutski clan.

#100 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:20 AM

naruto's clones having rinnegan eyes is pointless. once they go poof, their experience goes straight back to the original.

Well, the Rinnegan would offer real time info streaming for Naruto through the Kage Bunshin as the Kage Bunshin have to actually be "killed" before the info actually goes back to Naruto's mind, so there would always be varying lengths of delay before Naruto would know what's going on in other places and even if it's a short delay, that will usually be more than enough for a smart opponent to alter what they're doing and make anything Naruto and co. plan for what they only then know pointless.

Of course, there's also the fact that the Rinnegan allows chakra affinity for every element, though you'd never be able to tell with how it was used by everyone that's had it (even Hagaromo) and even the abilities we saw Nagato use through the Six Paths didn't seem to see much use after his use of them.

What's funny is that if they really wanted to, they could have given the rinnegan to Naruto. Because as far as we know they have connected multiple clans back to Kaguya, Hamura, Hagoromo and his children. They have made it so convoluted you could say the Uchiha, the Hyuga, the Senju and the Uzumaki all have a portion of the same blood that came from the same family that all doujutsu originated from. Meaning that you really don't need a mixture of DNA's to produce certain doujutsus since they all originated from one family that spawned the various clans.

It just goes to show you how rushed and poorly executed everything became in the end. They really didn't think this through when they came up with the Ootsutski clan.

The only excuse they could possibly use is that enough generations have passed to cause the blood to become diluted or something.

2e5.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users