• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Lloyd_Aurion

Lloyd_Aurion

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Fanfiction, Anime/Manga, Video Games, almost all mathematics and science, and swords.

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:31 PM

After re-reading Inamorato by firefly last night, I got to wondering what I really considered to be the funniest fics I've ever read were. I also got rather curious about what fics others find really funny, and since I couldn't find a topic concerning this all ready in place I figured I'd make one. So here's mine(these aren't in any particular order):

A Small World-Mourning Ophelia-Gundam Wing
Kratos' New Sword-Holyknightsteve-Tales of Symphonia
Methods of Persuasion, Inamorato, One of the Cool Kids, Carry On Dancing, Just a Piercing- -firefly-Naruto
Confessions of an Avenger, Confessions of an Insomniac, Brain Freeze-sharingank-Naruto
Rules of the Game-sna-Naruto
Point Blank-Ravyn-Rurouni Kenshin

I know that there are more, but these are all I can think of at the moment.

#2 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:51 PM

"But he's just a ramen chef!" by Viperflamer (Naruto)
"Fetish? What's a Fetish?" by X Serac

Those two are great reads... Naru-daddy cracks me up!

#3 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:44 PM

Um...

The Great Landscaping Crisis by Mog the Gnome

With the Heart and Underwear of Fire by Diamond Avatar

The Imprint by Mog the Gnome

#4 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:34 AM

I liked "The Great Landscaping Crisis" and "The Imprint" by Mog The Gnome listed by sqleon, along with "Fetish, What's a Fetish" by X Serac and "But he's just a ramen chef!" by Viperflamer listed by Vyse.

Then theres also:

All of Legendary Legacy's Mockfics.

From Ramen With Love by Ryushi-the-DutchEroSennin.

The Book of Naruto by HitokiriOTD.

Mating Season by X Serac.

Sakura's Harem by Shadow Crystal Mage.

And others that i cant remember at the moment, if i remember ill list them later.

#5 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:41 AM

I remember reading Mating Season, but never really paid any close attention to everything that happened... which resulted in my not understanding that bloody ending. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm too afraid to read it again in fear of not getting the ending this time either, I probably would! X Serac is a great writer!

#6 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:31 AM

Hmmm...

You know, I don't know. I generally don't read straight humor fics, as they typically seem to just be the rantings of some 14 year-old on a sugar high and not the least bit amusing.

I know I've read some really funny stories, and I know I've read some long and serious stories with some incredibly hilarious segments in them. In fact, I think these are the best. Comic relief is so much better than just straight up comedy because of the contrast that makes it stand out so much.

All that being said, I still don't think I can name anything in particular.

#7 Recompense

Recompense

Shameful Member of the YEAR!!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:50 AM

I Never got the ending of the Mating season

Although it was hilarious when Sakura tried to smex Naruto up,and Naruto gave a speach about how it would cheapen their love.
Ah, found it

{“...And I won’t let anything ever cheapen what we could have together, especially not this.”

Kakashi nodded in approval. It may mean that the teen was failing at life, but at least he was doing so in a dignified and cool manner. }

and then...

{“One last thing...You still don’t do that whole ‘finish the whole meal in a couple of bites’ thing, do you?” Jiraiya was slowly closing the door, now.

“You still don’t do that whole ‘finish the whole night in a couple of seconds’ thing, do you?” Naruto retorted, waiting to see what Jiraiya would say. All he got was a gaping mouth and wide eyes as the door quietly clicked shut, “I’ll take that as a yes,” Naruto concluded.

“1,072, 1,073, 1,074...What did that mean, Naruto?” Lee asked, not slowing his youthful pushup speed.

“I don’t know,” The blonde admitted, slapping his hands together in anticipation for the glorious smelling food, “Kakashi-sensei told me say that when the perverted hermit got on my nerves.}

Best Humor moment ever.

Mating season FTW
I'm just sitting here. Wondering what it'd be like To be with you.

#8 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:01 AM

Just realized that I read more humor fic than I expected. Heh, I guess you can't always be angsty and serious.

A Different Perspective by Book of Changes
It's not purely humor, but this story is very funny. At least I think thinks like the I-95 restaurant are hilarious! It's also a good Kakashi-centric fic.

Calendar by Link and Luigi
Oh and Link and Luigi are pretty funny regardless. But I think Calendar is the best (and the longest, lol)

Green Spandex Match Making by Mymonkeyspjs
Kakashi and Gai really have run out of ideas lol...

Idiotic Reasons by G1Park
This is hilarious! Seriously, hilarious! It's a NaruIno in case that bothers you.

Itcha Itcha Naruto by redjunko
Crack! But funny crack, and strangely the random plot makes sense.

Shikamaru Plus Glasses Equals by the real esther
Hehe, for Shikamaru fans really. But it's still funny.

Bad Dog, No Biscuit by Lotos-Eater
Oh Kiba...

Cordial Correspondence by ckret2
LOL! I love this story. Involves Lee and Gaara's letters to each other (Well, Gaara was kind of forced into replying...)

Who Died and Made you Lolita? by Quillslinger
A rare comedy that includes Itachi, Sasuke and Shisui (!).

A Cupcake Tops Sasuke by desolate butterfly.
Come on, it's Cupcake x Sasuke! Oh and Sasuke x Kleenex and a lot of inanimate objects lol. A bit disturbing but funny regardless. Oh and this is a pretty raunchy fic, btw.

Weaponry by desolate butterfly.
*dies laughing*
WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#9 JaredDrake

JaredDrake

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:44 PM

Hmmm...funniest fics. I seem to remember this fic on ff.net that had a child!naruto playing poker with all the clan heads...and winning. Anko and Kurenai become his "slaves"...damn....cant remember what it was called. Will edit this post when I find it.

#10 CrashLanded

CrashLanded

One Cat To Rule Them All And In The Darkness Bind Them.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Location:The land of the Monsoon and the Tiger and the Elephant.

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:21 PM

Well thats The Night The House of Cards Was Built

I'd say it a damn hilarious fic.
QUOTE (The Dream Cat @ "A Dream Of A Thousand Cats")
"Many, many seasons ago, cats truly ruled the world.
We were larger then, and the whole world was created for our pleasure. We roamed as we would, taking what we wanted.
In those times, humans were tiny creatures, no larger than we are now.
And humans would groom us and feed us and pet us.
"

#11 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:44 PM

LOL! THat was funny! Man, how come I never came across this one ? XD
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#12 drag-eart

drag-eart

WILSON...HitsuMatsu!..haha

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:28 PM

Same here, I can't believe I missed this thanks for link crash
Drag-eart's FF.net Profile:Drag-eart
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

#13 Amii

Amii

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Drawwwwwwing.

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:07 AM

If you like TOBI, I STRONGLY reccomend you read this. It is LOL funny.

One of the Cool Kids

"Before Tobi can be recruited into the Akatsuki, he must face the monumental task of passing an initiation test administered by each of the other members."

It is one of THE BEST crackfics EVER made.

#14 CrashLanded

CrashLanded

One Cat To Rule Them All And In The Darkness Bind Them.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Location:The land of the Monsoon and the Tiger and the Elephant.

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:33 AM

Yeah I read that, too much randomness!!!! I almost choked on my soda when I read it.
QUOTE (The Dream Cat @ "A Dream Of A Thousand Cats")
"Many, many seasons ago, cats truly ruled the world.
We were larger then, and the whole world was created for our pleasure. We roamed as we would, taking what we wanted.
In those times, humans were tiny creatures, no larger than we are now.
And humans would groom us and feed us and pet us.
"

#15 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:04 PM

Idiotic Reasons has a small one-sided NaruSaku thing in it.

Single Ninja on the Town is NaruSaku and is funny, not in a ROFLMAO way, but still funny.

#16 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:41 PM

I rarely read straight humor either for the reason that Illjwamh mentioned, though there are some I liked.

Single Ninja was great. If nothing else, it possessed one of my favorite comedic lines: "Property of Haruno Sakura!?"

Cyberwolf's humor fics are great. I personally loved Nicknames and Ultimate Taijutsu Technique

#17 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:16 AM

I love my humour, but I suppose some of the best comedy fics I've read aren't set in the Naruto-verse.

Any of DB Sommer's Azumanga Daioh fics, and Black Dragon's Guardian and its sequel, Millenium, which are (more or less) Ranma fics. (Though I have an weakness in tolerance to OCs, Black Dragon seems able to create OC universes that I'm really, really fond of...)

"And so it is the FINAL decision of this court," Snake shouted imperiously from the podium at the head of the room, "that Naruto, given his constant and frequent attention to the female gender, his hideous fashion sense, as well as being surprisingly pudgy given his career as a fighter, is clearly, obviously, and completely straight."
-Millenium, by Black Dragon.

And Fire's Red Moon is literary genius! It can get a little wordy, but I would whole heartedly recommend it to everyone, even if you don't like Sailormoon! Quotes will just spoil this fic!

Red Moon by Firefly
The enemies are the same, the Sailors are the same (mostly). So why is Luna so afraid that they will not bring back the Moon Kingdom?
Sailor Moon - Fiction Rated: T - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 10,175 - Reviews: 14 - Updated: 10-19-01 - Published: 10-19-01

Oh, and Shriner!
I knew the guy that happened to! Everyone that knew his girlfriend agreed she was always hopped up on red cordial or something! laugh.gif

#18 princess_dexter

princess_dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:55 AM

I checked my favourites list but it seems I have a tendency to read dramatic/angsty fics, becuase I could only find a few good humour ones. Here they are:

I know Link and Luigi were already mentioned earlier, but Naruto Primer by Link and Luigi is brilliant.
Summary: Ever read Chicken Soup for the Soul? Well, this isn't really like it. But it has the same format filled with all sorts of short stories. You're BOUND to find something for the whole family!

Dear Foolish Little Brother by Solderini - Naruto.
Summary: Like all good boys, Itachi writes home occasionally.

Puberty by Sadieko - Naruto.
No summary given, but Kakashi realises his team has grown up.

then

Rodriguez by Agent Orange - Samurai Champloo.
Summary: There is no greater love than that between a man and his sumo wrestling beetle.

And Bleach lends itself well to crack, apparently, judging by these random stories I've loved in no particular order: OMGWTFBBQ by Autophanous, Figured You Out by hardlyfatal, Lord I'm Sorry by memlu, and Cue the Heroic Rescue by Incandescens.

I'm sure I have more, but I'll have to comb my fic recs and see what I can come up with! biggrin.gif

#19 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Leney @ Nov 2 2007, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Weaponry by desolate butterfly.
*dies laughing*

ROFL, I agree.

#20 whoamii

whoamii

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Nov 1 2007, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"But he's just a ramen chef!" by Viperflamer (Naruto)
"Fetish? What's a Fetish?" by X Serac

Those two are great reads... Naru-daddy cracks me up!

Viperflamer's fic made me ROFL, not just LOL! :thumbs:
Is it still going?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users