LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:57 PM

I'm feeling the exact same way my friend especially when it comes to Asta x Noelle personally it's not as big as Deku x Ochako, but it's close. I'd say they are right behind them  which IzuOcha themselves are right behind TouKen for me. The underdog story is really what also fascinates me in some cases, and leaves me a little curious as to how Asta will achieve his goal. Also what I really enjoy about this series is Asta and Yuno's relationship. They genuinely feel like friends unlike another series that did this.  Are you planning on collecting the Volumes?  I've bought up to Volume 5 from what I remember (checking through collection) actually yes it was Volume 5 for me.

Also did you see the trailer for the anime coming out in October?

I'm extremely cautious about it since Perriot is the one behind it.  

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#342 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:57 AM

I'm feeling the exact same way my friend especially when it comes to Asta x Noelle personally it's not as big as Deku x Ochako, but it's close. I'd say they are right behind them  which IzuOcha themselves are right behind TouKen for me. The underdog story is really what also fascinates me in some cases, and leaves me a little curious as to how Asta will achieve his goal. Also what I really enjoy about this series is Asta and Yuno's relationship. They genuinely feel like friends unlike another series that did this.  Are you planning on collecting the Volumes?  I've bought up to Volume 5 from what I remember (checking through collection) actually yes it was Volume 5 for me.

I've said this before but it feels like this series is an apology from Yuuki Tabata. who also enjoyed and was obviously influenced by Naruto and felt as cheated as the rest of the fandom do about how it ended.  For me, Black Clover is not only the true spiritual successor of Naruto unlike Boruto, it's Naruto done right.  As for Asta x Noelle,  I'm with you on that 100%.  And thankfully, there are no Hinata nor Sasuke equivalents involved to create a love square (and we all know that Asta isn't getting with the Sister from his church since she clearly doesn't reciprocate his feelings and is practically his mom).  

Edited by Kagomaru, 21 July 2017 - 02:14 AM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#343 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:45 AM

I've said this before but it feels like this series is an apology from Yuuki Tabata. who also enjoyed and was obviously influenced by Naruto and felt as cheated as the rest of the fandom do about how it ended.  For me, Black Clover is not only the true spiritual successor of Naruto unlike Boruto, it's Naruto done right.  As for Asta x Noelle,  I'm with you on that 100%.  And thankfully, there are no Hinata nor Sasuke equivalents involved to create a love square (and we all know that Asta isn't getting with the Sister from his church since she clearly doesn't reciprocate his feelings and is practically his mom).  

There is no major god damn love triangle and the rival is actually trying to achieve the same goal as the main character.

#344 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:59 AM

There is no major god damn love triangle and the rival is actually trying to achieve the same goal as the main character.

Yup, and the only love interest the rival/Yuno has is Charmy (though whether it will become something serious or remain a one-sided affair on her end remains to be seen)

Edited by Kagomaru, 21 July 2017 - 05:48 AM.

#345 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

He has a harem in a way but it's not head inducing yet, so I'm fine with it.

As for the trailer, it looks like they're doing what they did with Boruto: first episode with strong presentation but unknown for the following. Basically, I'm not free from fear that SP will butcher the anime.

#346 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

I JUST MIGHT :smile:  and yeah the only turn off for me is that the Pedo Clown studio is animating this series. :mad:  :dry: But I'll give it a shot because I love the series so far and I'm pretty sure my mom will enjoy it too, because she really likes series that use magic in it :D

Well on a side note, While I ship Asta and Noelle hard there is the slight problem that only the sister from the first 2 chapters (Lily was it?) is on Asta's mind although it's mostly played for laughs, but I hope he switches to Noelle soon :happy: It's not a bad thing to switch (romantic) loves, what matters is if you know that person below the surface and are not being superficial or shallow in your love *cough cough* Naruto! *cough cough* But I'm happy that Mimosa is not treated too seriously and is more of a fan girl than love interest material. Although She IS paired up with Asta in the newest arc :mellow: Well it doesn't matter I would like some interactions with her and Noelle too and that is all I ask as they seem to be closer to each other than anyone else in their snooty, elitist family. Speaking of Noelle, I hope she kicks solid's kittening butt :fu: then kisses Asta in the future

Edited by Phantom_999, 02 March 2018 - 12:33 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#347 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:25 AM

Well anyway the point is I'm %&$@ing pissed as hell at SP for what they did, but I'll watch Black clover, it's not like I'm giving them money anyway :hehehe:  And again I want to watch this with my mom. I hope she likes it :happy:

#348 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:46 AM

hmm I'm a bit conflicted. Should I buy the Black Clover manga in tankobon/ Physical book form or digitally from Viz manga? anyone care to share an opinion?

#349 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:44 AM

Me no like digital. Kills the collection feel.

But I'm not a guy to be asked. Lol.

#350 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:16 AM

Yeah I think so too :D I just don't want another Naruto/ Bleach incident where I spend years collecting the manga and come to regret it at the end :mellow:

#351 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:59 PM

Volume 12's cover came out: 

bclover012-thumb-400x635-3854.jpg

I won't say it's my favorite cover, but it's cool on it's own. Though I do feel it is a little weak that might just be me though.

#352 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:43 PM

not bad not bad, And I like how much of a dork Charlotte is in front Yami XD

#353 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:27 AM

I agree

#354 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:33 PM

Well Okay I've decided I'll buy the Black Clover manga tankobons :yes:

#355 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:24 PM

Nice most likely I'm gonna pick up the latest 3 or 4 volumes (so either up to Volume 7 or Volume 8 (the latest one) ).. I haven't exactly decided how I'm gonna get the remaining 4 I found the first four at Half price books for like $5 bucks. 

#356 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:49 PM

I'll buy them full price, since I actually enjoy this series VERY MUCH. Side note I'm finally making another big decision. No one is taking the Naruto volumes I have. So I'm dumping them into the recycling -_-

#357 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:40 AM

Same here man,   and that was my intial idea when it came to the Naruto Volumes, but I figured it's a good way to make some cash off it. 

You know regarding Asta x Noelle I may have asked this question before, but do you think it's like the modern day NaruSaku in terms of this generation's ongoing manga series? Cause I can certainly see that. 

How do you also see things playing out in the series more so the current arc? 

#358 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:17 AM

Yeah I've tried I'v honestly tried to have someone take those volumes off my hands But I see now that it most likely isn't happening and I really want to take out the garbage so yeah

And I TOTALLY see Asta X Noelle to be like Naruto X Sakura. Only this one is infinitely better with no dramatic or emotionally unhealthy love triangle to speak off!!! :kukuku: And as for how the current arc is playing out well I am just enjoying seeing side character getting some development like Mimosa :yes: I want to to see Asta X Noelle in the future and by that I mean more blatant than Chapter 103 :chuckle:  :hehehe: on that note while I WOULD HAVE LOVED to see Asta and Noelle team up as usual and get more ship tease, it makes sense to give them more character development by interacting with other characters :smile: That is something I like to see with characters, bonding and forming relationships with others and not just their designated group of friends/acquaintances or designated love interest

Like again, I think Mimosa is Hinata DONE RIGHT. That is a side character whose defining feature is her crush on the MC, But Mimosa learned an attack based plant magic spell (But Noelle's Naga cannon is still more awesome though lol) and actually took the initiative to both lead and backup Asta during their team match so that is some AMAZING character development for her :thumb:

*Side note* I bought volumes 1-3 today!!!! :boogie:  :dance:

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 July 2019 - 03:54 PM.

#359 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

Yeah I've tried I'v honestly tried to have someone take those volumes off my hands But I see now that it most likely isn't happening and I really want to take out the garbage so yeah

And I TOTALLY see Asta X Noel to be like Naruto X Sakura. Only this one is infinitely better with no dramatic or emotionally unhealthy love triangle to speak off!!! :kukuku: And as for how the current arc is playing out well I am just enjoying seeing side character getting some development like Mimosa :yes: I want to to see Asta X Noelle in the future and by that I mean more blatant than Chapter 103 :chuckle:  :hehehe: on that note while I WOULD HAVE LOVED to see Asta and Noelle team up as usual and get more ship tease, it makes sense to give them more character development by interacting with other characters :smile: That is something I like to see with characters, bonding and forming relationships with others and not just their designated group of friends/acquaintances or designated love interest

Like again, I think Mimosa is Hinata DONE RIGHT. That is a side character whose defining feature is her crush on the MC, But Mimosa learned and an attack based plant magic spell (But Noelle's Naga cannon is still more awesome though lol) and actually took the initiative to both lead and backup Asta during their team match so that is some AMAZING character development for her :thumb:

*Side note* I bought volumes 1-3 today!!!! :boogie:  :dance:

Another aspect that I enjoy about this manga is how it sometimes subverts standard shonen tropes.  For Instance, when Asta discovers the Anti-Magic Demon God inhabiting his swords and it makes a play to take over his body, you'd think that we'd get a typical situation where the main character goes completely berserk as a result of the evil power within him encroaching and attacks everyone, right?  

Wrong.   

Asta uses the strength of his determination and will to forcibly channel a portion of the demon's power into his body, creating a new battle form for himself.  

Edited by Kagomaru, 30 July 2017 - 04:01 PM.

#360 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

Exactly. :smile:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users