507 replies to this topic

#461 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 11:55 PM

There are many ways to ship something. Canonically, fanonically, righteously..

I think people just like the saigenos chemistry, and many people believe Saitama's quote was the author's way to deligimitize the ship. Which is just, kitten of him..

Let people have fun guys

ナルサク

#462 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:19 AM

@sushi
Have you watch/read mob psycho 100?

The main character motivation is he want to impress the girl he like.
Doesn't stop fujoshi to pair mob and his guy mentor. It make by the same author of opm.

#463 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:30 AM

Haven't read it.

Naruto is written similarly. MC wants to impress the girl but because he of his chemistry with his friend he gets shipped with him too.

ofc people ship both NS and SNS, in that series does no one ship MC with the girl?

ナルサク

#464 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:42 AM

Haven't read it.

Naruto is written similarly. MC wants to impress the girl but because he of his chemistry with his friend he gets shipped with him too.

ofc people ship both NS and SNS, in that series does no one ship MC with the girl?

You should read or watch it. I recommend it to you.

There's no love triangle and the romance is not the focus of story. It is a coming of age story if I'm not wrong.

I don't think it's common to ship both NS and sns. You either ship one or no one.
Everyone ship them.

#465 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

You should read or watch it. I recommend it to you.

There's no love triangle and the romance is not the focus of story. It is a coming of age story if I'm not wrong.

I don't think it's common to ship both NS and sns. You either ship one or no one.
Everyone ship them.

That's not what I meant. I said that both NS and SNS are popular ships, and asked if no one shipped the male lead with his canon love interest in mob psycho 100.

ナルサク

#466 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:24 PM

That's not what I meant. I said that both NS and SNS are popular ships, and asked if no one shipped the male lead with his canon love interest in mob psycho 100.

As far as I know, no shipper ship the male lead with anyone.

In the manga everyone support the lead character.

#467 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:49 PM

Here is a sad reality:
1. Saitama and Genos:
Saitama: "Unlucky for him, I am not into dudes."

My notes: I always wonder how people can ship two characters in a homosexual relationship when both characters clearly say they are not gay. I am also puzzled by the fact that these same people who ship these kinds of things are get made when you make a homosexual relationship into a heterosexual one. 

2. Saitama and fubuki
This one actually makes the most sense....if any pairing is to make sense at all in this series.

My notes: This is actually my favorite ship in this series and I love both characters. There is especially some panels where Fubuki gives that "look" at Saitama, but maybe I am over guessing.

3. Saitama and Tornado
"What's with this sassy lost child?"

My note: I just don't see it. Especially since the events in the web comic where they had an utter brawl and Saitama didn't take ot her too much. She is not much of a Tsundere either because she doesn't exhibit the traits.

1. Bromance aside, I believe Yaoi fans LOVE to take any interaction between two guys and make it a "they are into each other context". Don't ask me why, your guess is as good as mine. Now the idea in itself is not a bad thing but it is when such fans are RABID in insisting said characters are gay and hetero of any kind is disgusting, insane and impossible. And trust me, I've seen my fair share of those when the target of their fantasies blatantly state otherwise in the story. 

2. I actually enjoy this ship too because though I don't thoroughly read it I know that I was Saitama that actually called out on Fubuki's issues and weaknesses at first and that was what she needed the most to start flourishing in her powers. So he actually cared enough to do that for her, and she does put up the tsundere act in front of him.

3. Not too sure why on this one. I mean I saw a fan made image (at least I think it's fan made) of Saitama flying Tatsumaki out of somewhere "like he was rescuing her" so that pic made me interested in the pairing admittedly, but story wise it wouldn't make much sense as I didn't reach the parts where they officially interacted anyway, so for this I can't even say what the appeal is. But from what I hear nothing indicates that there is Something between them Tatsumaki treats Saitama as she always had from what I know and As you said Saitama doesn't like her attitude very much

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 October 2020 - 12:18 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#468 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:49 PM

The third one actually happened but for a different reason.

#469 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:26 AM

So, basiclly whole arc was filler... Nice! It was worth because of good action! (Actually not)

#470 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:34 AM

@james

1. Fujoshi that's why.
I think it's our nature to pair someone with someone. I mean even in real life people pair guy and girl because for them because it's fun.

2. Personally I think in opm there would be no pairing. I don't think even fubuki develop a romantic arrow despite she's artist favorited.

3. Like I said, it just people love to pair something. I think she's a tsundere, it just not in love department. Aka baka baka aikitteneru.

And you wonder what is wrong with people today and why the writing has gone down the toilet. People rather ship than make a good story.

1. No, more like it is the new trend of the 21st century where apparently being homosexual is the new hotness.

2. Probably not and it should be kept that way, but if a couple did happen...this one would make the most sense at the moment. Especially if people read volume 9.

3. Which makes no sense still because she is a kitten to everyone in the show. Does that mean she is in love with every character in the show? Somewhere the reasoning of shippers has gone down the toilet. She is not a tsundere. She is just a Tsun- character because she has shown no "affection" to anyone yet save for maybe Blast.

There are many ways to ship something. Canonically, fanonically, righteously..

I think people just like the saigenos chemistry, and many people believe Saitama's quote was the author's way to deligimitize the ship. Which is just, kitten of him..

Let people have fun guys

Which is all wrong and no, we can't have fun anymore. Not since Naruto basically showed how shipping goes from being "fun" to being this...life or death situation where people are threatening and bullying people just because they want a ship that can't happen be forced to happen.

It's not fun when do you the kind of kitten Kishimoto did in Naruto in sacrificing stories and characters for the sake of pairing happening. That is not fun.

You can have fun all you want, but come on....when you start to take it too seriously AND making kitten up to apply how your "shipping" is valid. Then it is not fun anymore, so much as it becomes obsessions.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 10 June 2017 - 12:39 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#471 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:32 AM

So... yep, plot went back to original story.

#472 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:14 PM

1. Bromance aside, I believe Yaoi fans LOVE to take any interaction between two guys and make it a "they are into each other context". Don't ask me why, your guess is as good as mine. now the idea in itself is not a bad thing but it  is when  such fans are RABID in insisting said characters are gay and hetero of any kind is disgusting, insane and impossible. And trust me, I've seen my fair share of those when the target of their fantasies blatantly state otherwise in the story.

I don't ship the Saigenos, but I do think Genos's admiration of Saitama is sweet. I really don't mind yaoi and yuri shipping at all in manga b/c to me those are fictional characters. As long as people stay realistic and don't get disappointed with most of these to not become cannon (Naruto and Sasuke, really, REALLY?), ship all you want man. I have my own yuri ships. Just don't push your ships into other peoples' faces. But that applies to all types of shippers out there.

Shipping in KPop

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#473 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

Oh definitely, I'm not looking down on anyone's shipping preferences really. I just don't actually enjoy rabidly attacking anyone else's preference and blinding thinking your ship is the "correct one" if there are not canonical facts to support it, as in actual moments that are not subject to interpretation

#474 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:40 AM

I finally watched this show. Gotta say... I hate myself for not watching sooner.

#475 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:35 AM

Better late than never.

#476 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:37 AM

SEASON 2 ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!! APRIL 2019!!!!!!!!! :dance:  :boogie:

#477 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:57 PM

The anime is very good i got really hooked on it , really inspiring. A nobody can be a hero with just simple work out and eating healthy food , i mean for now i don't read the manga so i don't think there's any secret behind Saitama's power which is very good compare to some destiny or turn out to be son of legendary hero B.S.

But when i try to read the manga because my curiosity build up , i was like ..... MAAAANNN the feels is so different , almost like Shingeki no Kyoujin. The manga looks boring and bland compare to the anime. This is where it pains me more than anything , the last chapter i read is BARELY have Saitama in it .... it's like the manga have become something else , it's like Saitama is no longer the main character. I see these bunch of character i never seen before doing a lot of things , and when it get back to Saitama hes eating a hot pot in someone else house with a lot of people. I drop the manga after i read that chapter , i hate it when the main hero got backseat for like 10 chapter ....

In my opinion a lot of manga do this , especially shonen manga. Start with a huge bang .... a young figure so strong fighting this demon that could end humanity .... or something like that and then 10 episode or 20 chapter latter the story kind of become bland ... , i'm no expert of analyzing manga. Hope someone understand what i mean.

Hope season 2 is good ... i really need inspiration , something that i can look up to , to keep me going in my hard kitten kittened up life.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#478 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:37 PM

The anime is very good i got really hooked on it , really inspiring. A nobody can be a hero with just simple work out and eating healthy food , i mean for now i don't read the manga so i don't think there's any secret behind Saitama's power which is very good compare to some destiny or turn out to be son of legendary hero B.S.

But when i try to read the manga because my curiosity build up , i was like ..... MAAAANNN the feels is so different , almost like Shingeki no Kyoujin. The manga looks boring and bland compare to the anime. This is where it pains me more than anything , the last chapter i read is BARELY have Saitama in it .... it's like the manga have become something else , it's like Saitama is no longer the main character. I see these bunch of character i never seen before doing a lot of things , and when it get back to Saitama hes eating a hot pot in someone else house with a lot of people. I drop the manga after i read that chapter , i hate it when the main hero got backseat for like 10 chapter ....

In my opinion a lot of manga do this , especially shonen manga. Start with a huge bang .... a young figure so strong fighting this demon that could end humanity .... or something like that and then 10 episode or 20 chapter latter the story kind of become bland ... , i'm no expert of analyzing manga. Hope someone understand what i mean.

Hope season 2 is good ... i really need inspiration , something that i can look up to , to keep me going in my hard kitten kittened up life.

My advice, Yyubie, give it time, Saitama's likely to show up again soon. After all, he's gonna need to be around when we see Garou return, and you know those two will go at it. :)

#479 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:10 PM

Trailer for Season 2 dropped and I have to say it looks REALLY good. It is no madhouse, but damn near close. I am excited.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 26 December 2018 - 10:10 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#480 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:02 AM

I DO prefer the Madhouse art-style for King though, admittedly :P But no worries Everyone else looks as amazing as before in my opinion :yes:

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 December 2018 - 06:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users