• This topic is locked This topic is locked
328 replies to this topic

#41 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:53 PM

The ring of fire seems to be lighting up, first Chile, then Christ church in New Zealand and now a couple in Japan.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#42 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:39 PM

Just called teh parents. They're fine.

A sigh of relief.

#43 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:00 AM

Some of the footage is like something out of a movie...so scary D:

My prayers are with them..

#44 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:06 AM

Hope there alll ok. Wishing for them.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#45 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:15 AM

My prayers are with the people of Japan. Helicoptor news footage of the devastation reminded me of the helplessness that I felt on 911. Since I don't really know anyone from that part of the world, my thoughts went to the safety of my favorite magakas and their families. Their works have had a profound and lasting impact on my life. In a way, I feel that know them through their characters, and I hope hope that they are all well tonight. I did some digging to see if anyone had checked in after the disaster. Here is what I found, though I don't know if the sources are reliable.

Masashi Kishimoto
http://japan.person-....moto&role=seek

Tite Kubo + others
http://www.animenews...-in-after-quake

As for the manga, it can wait until the people of Japan recover and put their lives and their country back together.

If anyone else has any news, please share. unsure.gif

#46 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:24 AM

AH! I'm in Oregon! D;

#47 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:34 AM

No any country but Japan!
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#48 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (JG111580 @ Mar 11 2011, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My prayers are with the people of Japan. Helicoptor news footage of the devastation reminded me of the helplessness that I felt on 911. Since I don't really know anyone from that part of the world, my thoughts went to the safety of my favorite magakas and their families. Their works have had a profound and lasting impact on my life. In a way, I feel that know them through their characters, and I hope hope that they are all well tonight. I did some digging to see if anyone had checked in after the disaster. Here is what I found, though I don't know if the sources are reliable.

Masashi Kishimoto
http://japan.person-....moto&role=seek

Yoko Ono had the same link on Twitter to search for friends in Japan as you got for Kishimoto so I'd say that link is good. (The direct link to Kishimoto's page that you provided didn't go through when I tried but I went to the opening page that Yoko gave the link to did and I typed in his name and the maintainer of the search site has received information Kishimoto is alive .

Tokyo got shook up pretty bad, but it sounds like very few deaths there, it's Sendai where they are afraid the death count could be as high as 1000 people. In a city of just over 1 million in a semi urban/rural area that's a large number. Apparently the tsunami struck less Sendai than 15 minutes after the quake and and it's feared the hundreds of missing there didn't have time to flee from it, on roads with lots of earthquake debris too.

Yoko Ono posted a message on her website to the people of Japan affected by the earthquake, she also posted helpful links to sources to find people and send donations.

http://imaginepeace.com/archives/14081

Edited by ciardha, 12 March 2011 - 04:05 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#49 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:06 AM

Knowing the strength of the Japanese economy, and the reaction across the globe, the country will be able to recover quickly.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#50 Kag19

Kag19

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:I have a degree in Film and TV and am working on obtaining a masters degree in screen writing. I spend most of my time reviewing scripts at work and at home. Yup, I'm the lucky person who gets to sort through all the submitted screenplays and ends up reading them and providing script coverage to the producers. I enjoy working in development but I hope one day to branch out and work in other areas of production. For example, post production, I love to edit films and I wouldn't mind working on set either. My ultimate goal is to one day become a producer/writer.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:15 AM

I'm relieved to hear Kishimoto is alive and well. Does anyone know or has anyone heard if the following manga artists are safe and well: Yuu Watase, Hiromu Arakawa, Rumiko takahashi? I can't find any info on them. My prayers go out to Japan. I have college friends who live there. I hope everyone is safe and sound.
Naruto Live action is here

#51 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:44 AM

One nuclear power plant in serious jeopardy. Let's hope they can contain the situation or restore power.

http://www.reuters.c...E72B04C20110312

#52 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (Kag19 @ Mar 11 2011, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm relieved to hear Kishimoto is alive and well. Does anyone know or has anyone heard if the following manga artists are safe and well: Yuu Watase, Hiromu Arakawa, Rumiko takahashi? I can't find any info on them. My prayers go out to Japan. I have college friends who live there. I hope everyone is safe and sound.

Site Yoko Ono posted on Twitter to search for people in Japan:

http://japan.person-...er.appspot.com/

People are still asking about Takahashi's status on the people finder site
People are still asking about Hiromu Arakawa's status on the people finder site
Naoko Takeuchi (Sailor Moon) is reported missing on the people finder site sad.gif
No info on her husband Yoshihiro Togashi (HunterxHunter) status

No one has posted a search request for Yuu Watase, Machiko Satonaka, Riyoko Ikeda, Nobuhiro Watsuki, Yoko Kamio yet

Edited by ciardha, 12 March 2011 - 05:09 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#53 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Mar 11 2011, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Knowing the strength of the Japanese economy, and the reaction across the globe, the country will be able to recover quickly.

Actually that's not true. Japan's economy has been pretty crippled just like the rest of the world from the recent recession. Japan has also been dealing with a lot of deflation since the early 90's. look at my economic classes working

But I will says that Japan is pretty resilient. I mean they get bombed twice, a few dozen earthquakes and they're still a huge power house in the production industry.

This will just be a minor set back.
Tsu.gif

#54 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:37 AM

Japan's economy has been in limbo for nearly 2 decades and they have a Debt twice as large as GDP.

They'll definately recover, but it's going to take awhile, but for America's ability, the US navy is in full steam on the way.

Edited by Insurrection, 12 March 2011 - 05:37 AM.

#55 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:41 AM

My thoughts are with all those people.
The images are just damn scary. Bu it shows once again how strong Japan is in terms of Tsunami and earthquake alerts. Had this been in any other country, the deaths toll would have been x thousands, if not hundreds of thousands.

#56 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:51 AM

Kia Asamiya (Silent Mobius, Nadesico) is okay, but he reports on Twitter he has been unable to contact his parents and is worried.

#57 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:13 AM

http://www.animenews...-in-after-quake

—Anyone who wants to know the Manga Artist/Anime people who updated saying they're okay—

I don't know if Akira is okay... D: Oh no! Tetsuya Nomura is missing!

UPDATE: Tetsuya is fine everyone! ^^

Edited by ShippudenGirl, 12 March 2011 - 06:21 AM.

#58 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:16 AM

Nomura go missing? He'd call upon the help of Sephiroth to save himself. XD

#59 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:33 AM

OH CRAP

Edited by Kodachi Claws, 12 March 2011 - 07:34 AM.

#60 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:40 AM

OH SH...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users