Close
Photo

I am not wasting my time waiting for the translations. Chapter 14.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:23 AM

Cover is the evil fat Butler with Green Hair ...(now have to think up a new nickname for him)staring at Bolt like he going to eat him.

From last...month. Bolt had just come in to save Richie Rich. The Molding Cannibal taunts or something while Bolt cuts Richie binds. The art is still poor. Bolt makes some comeback. Molding Cannibal gestures at one of his minions for a cigar. Sends goons to fight Bolt. They are all beaten. Molding chuckles. Richie hides in a corner. Bolt is drawn to make us think he is cool. More banter. Molding probably say he going to eat both their brains.They fight. He tries to eat Bolt's brain, but Bolt headbutts him in the mouth. 

Let me check something....It is just the fight between Bolt and Molding. Sigh.

OK; speeding this up. Bolt charges his stars with lighting chakra. Molding grabs bolt and is about to kill him then Richie stabs him in the back letting bolt finish off with a rasengan. Chapter ends with Bolt saying something trying to look cool.

Resolution to this arc next month.

There no point in waiting for a translation for figure out what they are saying. If you have watch or read anything in your life you can guess.

This was not worth a month's wait by any standards. They should cancel this manga.

Compared to the Nue he faced when he was 8 years old a week after he started the academy, and the god he defeated in the movie a few days ago in story time. Mister Molding Cannibal is very quaint, banal, and unimpressive. This story should've happened before the chunin exams.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 July 2017 - 03:47 AM.

#2 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:52 AM

Late translations again ?? It's already Friday here .... that's i think way to late for a monthly manga compare to Naruto back in it's day it's always come out in wednesday or tuesday.

Now wait a minute ... Boruto have lightning affinity ?? or he still using the cheating device ??

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:40 AM

Late translations again ?? It's already Friday here .... that's i think way to late for a monthly manga compare to Naruto back in it's day it's always come out in Wednesday or Tuesday.

Now wait a minute ... Boruto have lightning affinity ?? or he still using the cheating device ??

He has natural lighting affinity. It's one of the "reasons" Sasuke took him as an apprentice from what I recall. Hinata also has lighting affinity, which is probably where he got it from.

There is not a lot happening in this chapter enough to excuse it slow translation if it's a "popular" manga. Even if it is monthly, again there's barely anything happening in this chapter.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 July 2017 - 05:42 AM.

#4 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:47 AM

They might go like db super route , drop the manga and go on with the anime.

#5 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:10 AM

They might go like db super route , drop the manga and go on with the anime.

The manga still ongoing but they are separate stories. Toriyama give them both an outline and lets them tell they story how they want to do it.

Boruto the manga is post-movie. The anime is pre-movie that starts in the academy. The anime will eventually catch up the the manga and start adapting it. With the speed the manga is going. If the anime does not spend 5 years before the chunin exams they will catch up very shortly.

Look at this arc. It is what 4 chapters right now? I can see them stretching this out into two episodes maybe three. That's including the fifth chapter that going to happen next month.

Let see:

Bolt introduces card game and is assigned to Richie Rich.

Bolt and Richie RIch hang out.

Richie Rich is kidnapped.

Bolt save Richie Rich.

Fallout of the kidnapping..

That's Five Months of this manga. Twenty-one chapters have come out for all its contemporaries in Shounen Jump all ready, not count the 4 chapter that will be produces by them this month. Some have finished up and started arcs that span months faster then this guy can retread Konohamaru's introduction with Richie Rich.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 July 2017 - 06:14 AM.

#6 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:34 AM

@bail
Shouldn't kakashi is the one who need to train him if he has lighting affinity?
And why sasuke doesn't train his daughter?
And how can sasuke teach someone when kishi said he's the worst teach?

They use goten and trunk genius approach.

I know that naruto and sasuke will probably teach him some new jutsu or perhaps it's true that burito is naruto and sasuke child.

#7 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts
  • Interests:Sequel of Final Mission Status!

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:38 AM

@bail

I know that naruto and sasuke will probably teach him some new jutsu or perhaps it's true that burito is naruto and sasuke child.

Kishi might use his talk no jutsu.

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#8 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:18 AM

Kishi might use his talk no jutsu.

Sasuke sharingan is so strong that it copied naruto tnj.

That's kishi interview that sasuke is unsuitable for teaching other.

#9 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

He has natural lighting affinity. It's one of the "reasons" Sasuke took him as an apprentice from what I recall. Hinata also has lighting affinity, which is probably where he got it from.

There is not a lot happening in this chapter enough to excuse it slow translation if it's a "popular" manga. Even if it is monthly, again there's barely anything happening in this chapter.

I don't remember in any chapter explained that Hinata has lightning affinity ... :confused:  not that i care. Why are these kids already start as genius and powerful at the early episode , and they are still in the academy , not even gennin yet. Reading your review/summary of each episode , i didn't see much struggle or hard training , no progress (or maybe it's just me). It's like they rushing , and the kids just got serve luxurious food on a silver plate without working for it. Unless they try to expand it even further to Dragon Ball style , to other planet , godlike enemies ... then yeah ...

Edited by Yyubie, 07 July 2017 - 11:42 AM.

#10 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

I don't remember in any chapter explained that Hinata has lightning affinity ... :confused:  not that i care. Why are these kids already start as genius and powerful at the early episode , and they are still in the academy , not even gennin yet. Reading your review/summary of each episode , i didn't see much struggle or hard training , no progress (or maybe it's just me). It's like they rushing , and the kids just got serve luxurious food on a silver plate without working for it. Unless they try to expand it even further to Dragon Ball style , to other planet , godlike enemies ... then yeah ...

Bail know it from the latest databook and that's also where we know sakura elemental affinity, water and earth. Why don't just make her a senju and make her capable to do wood release.

That's actually shonen next gen syndrome. Almost all next gen character seem to be much more powerful than their previous generation like gohan, goten, & trunks from db, the mc kid from shaman king, kenshin son from samurai x, and ichigo son to name few example.

Kishi should show how they can learn it in the first place because this is that kind of manga.

#11 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:36 PM

The author still need to show it because this is that kind of manga who has a training arc in order to gain new power or some sort of flashback.

In gaiden, sakura is surprise that salad could perform super punch. It show that sakura doesn't teach her.

#12 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:11 PM

It's like these characters got their power-up from a bargain store.

#13 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:55 PM

It's like these characters got their power-up from a bargain store.

which is why i can't watch it if it's anything i can't take it's more bs

#14 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:13 PM

@bail

Kishimoto wanted Sasuke to be Bolt's "Piccolo." That's why Bolt has lighting affinity. 

Sasuke can barely bother himself to remember he has a child most of the time. Why would he train her?

It the Kishimoto, "a character that didn't like something before will change to liking it if the plot requires it." Sasuke was the worst possible teach out of Team 7 now he the best teacher in the world because the plot says so.

Genius approach?

Bolt is Naturally going to make a lighting rasengan, is probably going to get some of  Kurama's chakra, and is going to get a byakugan in one of his eyes at the least.

In the Databook like rocci said also the SH person mentions it every once and awhile. ...You need to be clearer about if you talking about the manga or the anime. In the anime they just started the academy about a week ago. In the Manga they probably been genin for a few month, and may even be chunin now for all I know.

As for the training. The anime, the manga, one shots, the movie, and even kishimoto himself has describe Bolt as a lazy person that cuts corners, but is a gifted genius. In the manga he got Konohamaru to teach him the rasengan -Sasuke made it a prerequisite to him teach him- which he master in under a day. The only problem with it was Sasuke considered it too small. Then he saw Bolt throw it and realized that bolt had natural change the rasengan turning it into the disappearing rasengan.

In the anime Naruto notes that Bolt rarely trains and normally slacks off. Despite that, he is overall the best in his class.

Once the first enemy you make a 12 year old face is an other dimensional god, everything else feels like a step backwards.

Bail know it from the latest databook and that's also where we know sakura elemental affinity, water and earth. Why don't just make her a senju and make her capable to do wood release.

That's actually shonen next gen syndrome. Almost all next gen character seem to be much more powerful than their previous generation like gohan, goten, & trunks from db, the mc kid from shaman king, kenshin son from samurai x, and ichigo son to name few example.

Kishi should show how they can learn it in the first place because this is that kind of manga.

Yes, and that sounds like that was the plan for Sakura was to do when the first appeared but after she was dropped as the heroine she was dropped.

Yes, but most children of shounen heroes are normally just epilogue fluff. They are not suppose to get a sequel. Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Pan at least had some justification for their abilities. it implied in the Dragonball universe when people with high power levels have kids they those kids have naturally high power levels. For Bolt and Salad. Bolt Uzumaki's blood should give him a large amount of chakra, and a large amount of stamina -was there a healing factor in there as well?- with the hyuuga he could have the byakugan. The thing is the movie which is the first thing about him that came out shows Naruto shocked when Bolt uses the shadow clone to the point he suspected him of cheating. Then he asked his wife if he taught him the gentle fist which she says she hadn't, and was surprise he was using it. The movie is when he learned the rasengan, and the anime Naruto states Bolt never went through the training to use the byakugan. He uses both the gentle fist and the shadow clones when he fights before he was even enters the academy. Salad should have the sharingan from Sasuke, decent chakra control from Sakura, and a decent amount of chakra from both. She should not have tsunade's strength when it is heavly implied in the gaiden Sakura didn't teach her that at that point.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 August 2018 - 01:25 PM.

#15 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

The Manga just started a year ago, one issue per month. I assume answers will come with time. I'm assuming each kid was trained by their parents before academy pretty extensively.

This a monthly series. Other monthly series have already sold their premise by this point and are deep into their story. Boruto has barely even started. I am not counting rehashing the movie as a story. That was a time filler so they could use those month to actually figure out what they would write, and they gave there fans this so far.

Naruto in anime to his father in law says that Bolt is gifted but lazy who hardly trains and likes to cut corners. In the movie Naruto is shock Bolt could use Shadow clone which in the anime he been using since he was eight. That's not a mistake that's a retcon. Bolt at the very least is just so naturally gifted that without ever training he is overall the top of his class.

I'll agree, explaining how these things work, where each character gets their abilities is a good idea for Primary Characters. This is done for Bolt's Rasengan, for example, and the summoning technique in the anime, and Boruto's use of the gentle-fist as well in the anime. I'm sure even more will come with time, so its not a point I'm worried about.

It's not required for secondary characters, it'd take too much time. We can infer where they get their abilities from (Taught by their parents). We don't need this seen. Not for Secondaries.

Basically these powers aren't always coming out of nowhere, though on the occasions when they do, having a built in "how/when/where" is a better, more immersive move if you can fit it in without ruining/dulling the moment by exposition. The Latter happens -so- often, especially in Anime I find that targets itself towards a younger audience.

In the movie Hinata says she never taught him how to use the gentle fist(,again probably retconned now). The only reason that Bolt doesn't have the rasengan in the anime by this point is that the story in the movie requires him not to have it yet.

The problem is that every ability they are using is implied at one point or another -besides their eye powers which just came at the will of the plot- that their parents never taught how to use that ability. So they just have these abilities so they can get into cool fights with no reason for how they got them.

It's not bs, though. There is infer-able information, and its bad writing to exposition on -everything's background, how it operates, where it came from, when, as it's too much dry, non-moving exposition. (Though in the 1800s, this was the go-to-way of writing).

If anything there isn't more "bs" than there was in Naruto.

So your assuming. That's not analyzing. At the moment a lot of the abilities Boruto is using is "inferred" that Naruto nor Hinata taught him the most of the abilities he is using. It has also been stated he cuts corner, is lazy, and hardly trains all because he is so naturally gifted. He has them because SP wants him to have them.

Naruto at least had to work for those abilities, and we see him gain those abilities. Bolt just gets them because the anime wants him to have them. At least I know he got training for his lighting chakra from training with Sasuke, and the Shadow clones were retconned into having them all along the manga, and the anime. Everything else he got it because they wanted the audience to think he cool so they would like him.

#16 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

Basically, Bolt is a gary stu with "flaws" that are just there for show and nothing more. Just like his mom.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 08 July 2017 - 12:33 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#17 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:04 AM

@bail
Most shonen battle manga that have kid as their next generation usually more powerful than their parent. The level of believability vary from series to series. That's what I said genius aproach.

#18 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:02 AM

@bail
Most shonen battle manga that have kid as their next generation usually more powerful than their parent. The level of believably vary from series to series. That's what I said genius approach.

Like I said most kids of shounen characters are epilogue fluff. They exist to just show who ended up with who, and make people think they are adorable. We're generally not going to get a sequel about them. The only one I know of that continued onward after having kids and the one which they are using it's success to justify Boruto is Dragonball Z. The thing is those kids while had high power level had problems as well. They didn't train enough as much as their fathers, and were also less experience in battle among other problem. Here; Bolt has no problem other then "daddy issues" which he has in theory gotten over in the manga.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 July 2017 - 03:23 AM.

#19 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

I finally understand what is up with this god damn slow pacing. It's a light novel. The person who is writing it is treating it like it is some light novel they can put up a chapter once a month on their site and have their contributors donate them a dollar or so a month to support them. Instead of a monthly manga in a weekly magazine that people are paying to read each issue; where better more interesting stories are happening at a much quicker pace then this slog. 

Look at how this is an arc that will at least take five month which basically boils down to "Boruto inspires a rich lonely boy, to show his ability to inspire people -the boy being clearly the first of many-." Naruto did that in a week in both chapter two and episode two. Hell Bolt already did this in episode one of his anime.

So both the anime and the manga that are a sequel to one of the most internationally successful manga ever, are nothing more then light novel adaptations.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 July 2017 - 08:07 AM.

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

The anime current arc is based of a light novel ask 4life. They also are basing the gaiden arc off a light novel version of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users