Close
Photo

The NEW NaruSaku Debate Thread

• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#51341 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:27 PM

I think pulling Kaguya so early in the end was its downfall. She should have been a long movie villain that the Uzumaki family had to defeat. Imagine Naruto, Sakura, Shinachiku, and Hanami joining as a family to defeat Kaguya. Maybe even have Sasuke's family join in too. You can even have Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke have a moment of "Stand back, kids. Let us show you that your parents are not to be trifled with."

Kaguya and Toneri should have been the big bosses with maybe the kids taking on Toneri and Team 7 taking on Kaguya. This way you can show both the parents and kids being badasses. I don't know. Pulling basically the "God of Shinobi" right at the end of the manga was such a waste of potential. Kaguya should have been the big bad in the movie with Toneri trying to revive her and Madara the big bad of the manga.

It would have been perfect. No romance drama BS with Toneri falling for Hinata out of nowhere. Actually make Toneri a REAL villain.

You could also do like side stories for the side characters like Rock Lee, Ten-Ten, and such and taken it anywhere.

So many possibilities, and infinite world he could have made, and like Toriyama, Kishimoto just blows his entire load in a single moment.

All because "He didn't know how Madara should be defeated"

I know that in the long run, at least Toriyama figured out a way to have Kid Buu defeated when he proved too powerful in a lot of ways for Goku and Vegeta. Even Super Buu was getting knocked around after Goku and Vegeta had fused into Vegito to fight him, plus he had trouble with Gohan when he attained his Mystic state, only winning when he absorbed Gohan into him.

#51342 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 25 January 2020 - 03:42 AM

I know that in the long run, at least Toriyama figured out a way to have Kid Buu defeated when he proved too powerful in a lot of ways for Goku and Vegeta. Even Super Buu was getting knocked around after Goku and Vegeta had fused into Vegito to fight him, plus he had trouble with Gohan when he attained his Mystic state, only winning when he absorbed Gohan into him.

Your a kitten writer of you can't figure out how to finish off your villains. At least Nomura had a way to beat xehanort.

#51343 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:33 AM

Your a kitten writer of you can't figure out how to finish off your villains. At least Nomura had a way to beat xehanort.

Exactly! As I said, even Akira Toriyama had a way to defeat Kid Buu, and I'm sure if things were different, he'd have had a way for Goku and Vegeta to beat Super Buu. Even in comic books, big bads get a way to be defeated, even if it isn't easy. It's just how Kishimoto pushed himself too far, and his editors didn't do a damn thing to help there too!

#51344 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:12 PM

I think pulling Kaguya so early in the end was its downfall. She should have been a long movie villain that the Uzumaki family had to defeat. Imagine Naruto, Sakura, Shinachiku, and Hanami joining as a family to defeat Kaguya. Maybe even have Sasuke's family join in too. You can even have Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke have a moment of "Stand back, kids. Let us show you that your parents are not to be trifled with."

Kaguya and Toneri should have been the big bosses with maybe the kids taking on Toneri and Team 7 taking on Kaguya. This way you can show both the parents and kids being badasses. I don't know. Pulling basically the "God of Shinobi" right at the end of the manga was such a waste of potential. Kaguya should have been the big bad in the movie with Toneri trying to revive her and Madara the big bad of the manga.

It would have been perfect. No romance drama BS with Toneri falling for Hinata out of nowhere. Actually make Toneri a REAL villain.

You could also do like side stories for the side characters like Rock Lee, Ten-Ten, and such and taken it anywhere.

So many possibilities, and infinite world he could have made, and like Toriyama, Kishimoto just blows his entire load in a single moment.

All because "He didn't know how Madara should be defeated"

Yeah that would have been an interesting thought. :yes:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51345 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:52 PM

Yeah that would have been an interesting thought. :yes:

It really is!

#51346 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:24 AM

Exactly! As I said, even Akira Toriyama had a way to defeat Kid Buu, and I'm sure if things were different, he'd have had a way for Goku and Vegeta to beat Super Buu. Even in comic books, big bads get a way to be defeated, even if it isn't easy. It's just how Kishimoto pushed himself too far, and his editors didn't do a damn thing to help there too!

True hell Darkseid has been beat and that's not easy to do same with doctor doom, galactus, venom, apocalypse, mangeto. Or the anti montior from crisis on infinite earths.
Kubo and I think hiro are guilty of not knowing how to defeat there villains.
Think in the pain save it should have been iruka instead of hinata to step in, I mean iruka had an established connection to that was more believable. Plus it's not like iruka would be unwilling to sacrifice himself for Naruto cause he did that in the first chapter.

#51347 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:53 PM

Naruto needs to be kitten slapped by Vito Corleone.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#51348 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:58 PM

I just found out Kobe Bryant died.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#51349 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:00 PM

Think in the pain save it should have been iruka instead of hinata to step in, I mean iruka had an established connection to that was more believable. Plus it's not like iruka would be unwilling to sacrifice himself for Naruto cause he did that in the first chapter.

A random villager who treated Naruto badly as a kid, but had since learned his lesson and wanted to atone would have been a better and more meaningful option than Hinatatas.

2e5.gif

#51350 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:13 PM

Naruto needs to be kitten slapped by Vito Corleone.

Any slap will do.
Dude remind is amazing and Kairi is so fun to play.

#51351 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:15 PM

A random villager who treated Naruto badly as a kid, but had since learned his lesson and wanted to atone would have been a better and more meaningful option than Hinatatas.

Agreed plus we saw Naruto and iruka bond in the first chapter and it meant more than his nonexistent bond with hinata plus iruka would be in character and not selfish like hinata would be.

#51352 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:13 PM

Same. Blows my mind. Absolute last person I expected to hear about dying.

#51353 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:03 AM

Him and one of his daughters too.

#51354 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:18 AM

Agreed plus we saw Naruto and iruka bond in the first chapter and it meant more than his nonexistent bond with hinata plus iruka would be in character and not selfish like hinata would be.

Exactly why I am thinking during Nagato's attack on the Leaf Village for revenge AND to try to claim Naruto and Kurama that Iruka would be the one to cause Naruto to go super berserk, even if his bonds with Kurama would be very different at this point in The Demon Within than in canon.

#51355 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:31 AM

Exactly why I am thinking during Nagato's attack on the Leaf Village for revenge AND to try to claim Naruto and Kurama that Iruka would be the one to cause Naruto to go super berserk, even if his bonds with Kurama would be very different at this point in The Demon Within than in canon.

Iruka has more impact in the story than hinata.

#51356 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:27 PM

Iruka has more impact in the story than hinata.

Yep, and I even mention too that in TDW, since Naruto isn't traveling with Jiraiya to train to fight the Akatsuki, but while Jiraiya is in the village when he isn't gathering intel or also feeling guilty (since we know his running is because of the guilt he feels obviously for thinking he failed Minato, Hiruzen, and by proxy Naruto by turning his back on his godson), that Naruto gets help in other ways, like from Iruka, on stuff like better controlling his chakra. I just wanna remind people of how Iruka is a father figure for Naruto after he accepted him, considering when Naruto learned he was a Jinchuriki for Kurama, he assumed Iruka hated him because of that, and that's why he kept failing him even as hard as he tried to pass the graduation exams.

And we know even with his intentions at times as a teacher, Iruka did fail in some areas with Naruto (like that flashback of Sasuke and Naruto in the academy where he only really admonished Naruto when Sasuke deserved it too because of how he was acting over their sparring match debacle), but accepting him even if he was a Jinchuriki, and even if Kurama killed his parents (unwillingly mind you), that is something he NEVER failed in. And comparable to Kakashi and Jiraiya, but up with Fukasaku, Iruka believed in Naruto the most, even when it wasn't always shown.

That is just something I wanted The Demon Within to remind us of, besides just to tell a different story than the canon told us and to "fix" the mistakes in a sense too.

#51357 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 28 January 2020 - 12:35 AM

Ramen guy had done
More for Naruto than Hinata at the point that Pain attacked.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#51358 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:26 AM

Ramen guy had done
More for Naruto than Hinata at the point that Pain attacked.

omg yes!  :lol:

#51359 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:42 AM

I, in fact don't recall anything Hinata has done of worth for Naruto despite being his "intended love interest from the beginning". Even when she "inspires" him to win against Neji was pushing it because Naruto was not really only driven to defend Hinata's honor but to call Neji out on his thinking that failures remaining failures for the rest of their lives and everything you are is determined by fate and how you were born since he (Naruto) is someone that directly opposes that mentality. Nothing Hinata has ever done for Naruto has impacted him in any meaningful manner.

What was that? Her confession and getting nearly killed by pain SAVED HIM? More like was going "get everyone killed" if it wasn't for Minato's "fail safe". Not to mention that is just the typical Shonen MC mentality of cherishing friends/family above all else and seeing said friends/family hurt or killed pisses them off more than anything. It didn't even HAVE TO BE Hinata and we would get the same result. Seeing  Iruka, or Sakura getting stabbed would probably have made him despair even more being his two most precious ones in the vicinity ATM.

And confession? CONFESSION? Wasn't it established in their "tying the knot and baby-making movie" That Naruto NARDO "gave no effs" about Hinata's confession? He was surrounded by girls throwing them selves at him and Sakura (but who cares about her am I right?) :zaru:  *sarcasm* but Hinata is left by her lonesome. Sakura asks Nardo to walk Hinata home and his response, "Why should I do that?". So Hinata straight up poured her heart out to him and tells him the "L" word and it still flies over his head. So what was that about Naruto "realizing his feelings for Hinata" when she confessed?

So again. WHAT has Hinata done to motivate or Inspire Naruto AT ALL? AT ANY TIME?

*cricket*

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 February 2020 - 01:39 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51360 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:44 AM

I, in fact don't recall anything Hinata has done of worth for Naruto despite being his "intended love interest from the beginning". Even when she "inspires" him to win against Neji was pushing it because Naruto was not really only driven to defend Hinata's honor but to call Neji out on failures remaining failures for the rest of their lives and everything you are is determined by fate and how you were born since he (Naruto) is someone that directly opposes that mentality. Nothing Hinata has ever done for Naruto has impacted him in any meaningful manner.

What was that? Her confession and getting nearly killed by pain SAVED HIM? More like was going "get everyone killed" if it wasn't for Minato's "fail safe". Not to mention that is just the typical Shonen MC mentality of cherishing friends/family and seeing said friends/family hurt or killed pisses them off more than anything. It didn't even HAVE TO BE Hinata and we could get the same result. Seeing  Iruka, or Sakura would probably have made him despair even more being his two most precious ones in the vicinity ATM.

And Confession? Wasn't it established in their "tying the knot and baby-making" movie That Naruto NARDO "gave no effs" about Hinata's confession? He was surrounded by girls throwing them selves and Sakura (but who cares about her am I right?) :zaru:  *sarcasm* but Hinata is left by her lonesome. Sakura asks Nardo to walk  Hinata home and his response, "Why?". So Hinata straight up poured her heart out to him and tells him the "L" word and it still flies over his head. So what was that about Naruto "realizing his feelings for Hinata when she confessed?

So again. WHAT has Hinata done to motivate or Inspire Naruto AT ALL? AT ANY TIME?

*cricket*

Well said on everything you said cause it's true. Plus if naruto gave a kitten about the confession he wouldn't have waited two years or needed that dumb genjustu to see her memory, sorry I will not let that kittening genjustu dream go.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users