54175 replies to this topic

#51301 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:45 PM

You know, I don't get why people even bother trying to minimize/justify/explain the fact that Sakura the comedy tsundere treated Naruto badly to start with. Who cares if she treated him badly? Sasuke also treated him badly. Redemption is a heavy-handed (or dare I say even ham-handed) theme of the manga, so, it just MAYBE might have been okay if he made her happy anyway? Even if she had been ten times the kitten to him that she was? Food for thought.

#51302 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:52 PM

What you must really laugh at is that even more over the top tsunderes than Sakura exist and those ones get a pass for their behaviour by these very same "comedy killers" that cry out Sakura is "abusive". Also, technically speaking, Sasuke didn't treat Naruto horribly, he treated Naruto with indifference. But apparently, to these fans that is a different animal, and is justified with Sasuke being *gasp* "a male tsundere" :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 02 February 2020 - 07:41 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51303 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:31 AM

What you must really laugh at is that even more over the top tsunderes than Sakura exist and those ones get a pass for their behaviour by these very same "comedy killers" that cry out Sakura is "abusive". Also, technically speaking, Sasuke didn't treat Naruto horribly, he treated Naruto with indifference but apparently to these fans that is a different animal and is justified with Sasuke being *gasp* "a male tsundere" :zaru:

Yes and I'm not saying that isn't an idiotic view but that's exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about dude. Let's say that it wasn't an expression of an anime trope and she really did just treat him like crap. But Naruto still loves her and wants to be with her as opposed to "punishing her" by spending his life with a girl who never offended him because she's incapable of offending ANYONE. Isn't that just even more poignant? Doesn't it suit the themes of the story even better? So who gives a kitten about how Part 1 Sakura is being characterized? They're wrong even with THEIR interpretation.

(Okay Hinata did offend Neji, but she did that just by breathing)

Edited by DrK, 15 January 2020 - 12:34 AM.

#51304 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:17 AM

Yes and I'm not saying that isn't an idiotic view but that's exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about dude. Let's say that it wasn't an expression of an anime trope and she really did just treat him like crap. But Naruto still loves her and wants to be with her as opposed to "punishing her" by spending his life with a girl who never offended him because she's incapable of offending ANYONE. Isn't that just even more poignant? Doesn't it suit the themes of the story even better? So who gives a kitten about how Part 1 Sakura is being characterized? They're wrong even with THEIR interpretation.

And even Sakura realized how wrong she was about Naruto and often how she treated him with how Sasuke had treated her, even if she got irritated by him because she wasn't very honest with herself early on in the series, considering too how she was in Shippuden when she learned of Naruto being a Jinchuriki and also fearing for him when learning a Jinchuriki dies when their Biju is removed from them.

#51305 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:15 AM

And even Sakura realized how wrong she was about Naruto and often how she treated him with how Sasuke had treated her, even if she got irritated by him because she wasn't very honest with herself early on in the series, considering too how she was in Shippuden when she learned of Naruto being a Jinchuriki and also fearing for him when learning a Jinchuriki dies when their Biju is removed from them.

"You don't have to cry, Sakura-chan, because I'll definitely save Gaara for you!"

"I could care less about Gaara you IDIOT. I care about YOU... But you're too DUMB to notice... As are some of the people reading this, since I just did that and yet they insist on viewing this as a crack ship, as in they find the idea that I could ever love you to be so ABSURD that they would LAUGH at it. But I digress."

That was one of my favorite scenes too.

Edited by DrK, 15 January 2020 - 05:25 AM.

#51306 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:14 AM

Exactly. :yes:

#51307 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:40 AM

And due to Hiashi's own hubris too with how he'd been raised to act superior to the Branch House of the Hyuga clan, including his OWN FREAKING BROTHER AND IN FRONT OF HIS SON. That on top of what happened to Hizashi and how Hinata seemed to have it "easy" is enough for Neji to have hated her initially, as well as the whole Main House, simply because of its hubris and arrogance about "protecting" the Byakugan. But Hinata didn't even try to make things better herself, so she isn't a saint in that end either.

#51308 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:58 AM

And due to Hiashi's own hubris too with how he'd been raised to act superior to the Branch House of the Hyuga clan, including his OWN FREAKING BROTHER AND IN FRONT OF HIS SON. That on top of what happened to Hizashi and how Hinata seemed to have it "easy" is enough for Neji to have hated her initially, as well as the whole Main House, simply because of its hubris and arrogance about "protecting" the Byakugan. But Hinata didn't even try to make things better herself, so she isn't a saint in that end either.

That's why it's so heartwarming that Neji died to protect those people/that institution!

Oh wait... It's not.

#51309 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:37 PM

You know, I don't get why people even bother trying to minimize/justify/explain the fact that Sakura the comedy tsundere treated Naruto badly to start with. Who cares if she treated him badly? Sasuke also treated him badly. Redemption is a heavy-handed (or dare I say even ham-handed) theme of the manga, so, it just MAYBE might have been okay if he made her happy anyway? Even if she had been ten times the kitten to him that she was? Food for thought.

Everyone treated Naruto like the outcast....that was the whole point. That is what made him the underdog. Not like Naruto didn't deserve some of it because he did act like an asshat for attention seeking.

Although, this is the argument they have for Hinata in that everyone, BUT her treated Naruto like crap. Even though she didn't openly support him.

This "fulfilling someone's loneliness" argument has both NH and SS in the rut when in reality it was Sasuke and Naruto who both agreed it was each other that truly fulfilling their loneliness.

What you must really laugh at is that even more over the top tsunderes than Sakura exist and those ones get a pass for their behaviour by these very same "comedy killers" that cry out Sakura is "abusive". Also, technically speaking, Sasuke didn't treat Naruto horribly, he treated Naruto with indifference but apparently to these fans that is a different animal, and is justified with Sasuke being *gasp* "a male tsundere" :zaru:

In the lukcychi7 video we did about the Naruto Part 1 and 2 in review, a commentor who is obviously a NH supporter said that the "hate" that Hinata got for being overly shy and such was because the anime itself exemplified her shyness, but completely disregarded that the anime also exemplified Sakura's tsundere tendencies and told ME that I had to look towards the manga instead of the anime....EVEN THOUGH...we spent more time discussing the actual manga and not the anime. Hell, in the video, we talk about how we can do a whole video on the fillers by themselves.

You can see me rip them a new on in the comments.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#51310 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:18 PM

Everyone treated Naruto like the outcast....that was the whole point. That is what made him the underdog. Not like Naruto didn't deserve some of it because he did act like an asshat for attention seeking.
Although, this is the argument they have for Hinata in that everyone, BUT her treated Naruto like crap. Even though she didn't openly support him.
This "fulfilling someone's loneliness" argument has both NH and SS in the rut when in reality it was Sasuke and Naruto who both agreed it was each other that truly fulfilling their loneliness.

In the lukcychi7 video we did about the Naruto Part 1 and 2 in review, a commentor who is obviously a NH supporter said that the "hate" that Hinata got for being overly shy and such was because the anime itself exemplified her shyness, but completely disregarded that the anime also exemplified Sakura's tsundere tendencies and told ME that I had to look towards the manga instead of the anime....EVEN THOUGH...we spent more time discussing the actual manga and not the anime. Hell, in the video, we talk about how we can do a whole video on the fillers by themselves.

You did I watched the whole almost 4 hrs you guys talked.
Funny NH supporters always use the anime as their defense and not the magna cause the magna has less hinata in it.
Also Naruto can't really be an underdog if hinata already believes in him and hinata doing defeats the purpose it's why captain America and rocky work as underdog stories cause no one believed in them til they showed they were worth believing in, and rocky and adrain and Steve and peggy in the mcu are better than any Naruto couple especially rocky and aidran. They had 5 movies to develop well 1 at first 2-5 they were married

Edited by VanitasDS76491, 16 January 2020 - 11:06 PM.

#51311 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:43 PM

I did too. And I may do it again in the future.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#51312 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:02 PM

I did too. And I may do it again in the future.

What the whole podcast?
It was a good one with good points especially James mention of me twice on two points.

#51313 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:49 PM

What the whole podcast?
It was a good one with good points especially James mention of me twice on two points.

Yep. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#51314 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:57 AM

Yep.

I'm hoping to join the next podcast.

#51315 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:46 AM

I'm hoping to join the next podcast.

I would like to join sometime.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#51316 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 06:57 AM

I would like to join sometime.

I would too if I can figure out how my current tower can work with my mic.

#51317 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:30 AM

I would too if I can figure out how my current tower can work with my mic.

Same I need a mic and know what they use to record the stuff and find time to do this.

#51318 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:15 AM

Sakura punching Naruto for BREATHING- Anime.

Hinata can't look Naruto in the eyes and fainted seeing him TWICE- Manga.

Who's overselling the character's hatred due to the anime adaptation now? :th_yeah:  :zaru:

Besides, even I can recall that Hinata's shyness wasn't exaggerated to the point of even being called Naruto- avoidance syndrome in the anime. She COULD interact with him just fine more often than not, so what is this EDUCATED FAN talking about? :lmao:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 March 2020 - 12:54 AM.

#51319 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:34 AM

Who's overselling the character's hatred due to the anime adaptation now? :th_yeah:  :zaru:

Besides, even I can recall that Hinata's shyness wasn't exaggerated to the point of even being called Naruto- avoidance syndrom in the anime. Even she interacted regularly with him more often than not so what is this EDUCATED FAN talking about? :lmao:  

Guys I don't think I can watch you do this anymore. I mean, I find it so disgraceful carrying on like this after you've already won- Wait, what? You lost? But that doesn't make any.... Ugh, never mind.

#51320 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:49 PM

Besides, even I can recall that Hinata's shyness wasn't exaggerated to the point of even being called Naruto- avoidance syndrom in the anime. Even she interacted regularly with him more often than not so what is this EDUCATED FAN talking about? :lmao:  

Tell me about it, dude, it's kinda pitiful!

Guys I don't think I can watch you do this anymore. I mean, I find it so disgraceful carrying on like this after you've already won- Wait, what? You lost? But that doesn't make any.... Ugh, never mind.

And with that, the NH fandom shows it's super petty as usual. XD

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users