Close
Photo

When it's done, would you want a new series about Naruto's kids?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Poll: When it's done, would you want a new series about Naruto's kids? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

When it's done, would you want a new series about Naruto's kids?

1. Yes (12 votes [27.91%])

Percentage of vote: 27.91%

2. No (31 votes [72.09%])

Percentage of vote: 72.09%

Vote

#21 Amy-chan

Amy-chan

Blonde Gamer

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Animals

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:07 AM

I really dont want another series.

#22 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Jan 3 2012, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It wouldn't be so bad if there was an epilogue volume, perhaps. No more than 20 chapters or so, just to show how the shinobi world has changed, if nothing else.

A full series with the children would be somewhat pointless. I mean, if Kishi thinks he can pull off a Dragonball -> Dragonball Z, great. But if anything we may just count it as another timeskip.

If you want to get technical, we already ARE in DBZ territory. The original Naruto volumes were Dragonball, and now Naruto Shippuuden is DBZ.

But then you got to think... Oda says he just hit the halfway point with One Piece, and Kubo says he can go another ten years with Bleach before ending it. I wouldn't be surprised if we had another 10 years of Naruto.

Very well said, I complete agree with you. I honestly don't think Kishi made a universe where more story can be successfully created for Naruto's kids. Toriyama had an alien as a main character so his story was limitless, at least when it came to how strong Goku could get. Dragon ball was a master piece and I personally loved seeing Goku's family grow. Oda on the other hand has made such a creative and interesting world that I would love for One piece to go on forever. He's taken so much time on developing his characters and after 15 years his barely at the middle of their adventure. I'm not sure if Naruto will continue with his kids, but perhaps another time skip could happen.

QUOTE (Amy-chan @ Jan 3 2012, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't worry I dont see it happening.

Edited by Konohakitten, 04 January 2012 - 06:24 AM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#23 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (Amy-chan @ Jan 4 2012, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let's just not give Kishi any ideas and all will be fine.

#24 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

I would be interested in a short arc about the future generations. Not super long, but hey, I'd read it.

However, I would definitely read another manga about Kushina/Minato/previous generation shinobi. In fact, I'm almost expecting it. There has been so much background info on the whole world leading up to Naruto's generation that it seems likely.

The introduction of new character or the background has mostly centered around older characters, not younger. So it's not like the reader will be coming out of reading Naruto wondering about this whole new cast of younger characters that the Konoha 11 have met from the other countries. There are a few, but outside of Gaara and those few, everyone is older.

Which is surprising, when you think about it. Because the other countries should also have their young guns as well. But to introduce same-age competition/talent would dilute the storyline, blur it's focus. Naruto might have other rivals, Sakura might have other love interests, etc. Anyway, for a manga that focuses on surpassing generations, it sure is bogged down with the last generation of characters! laugh.gif

#25 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

No.

I don't care about the next generation. I tend to get attached to specific characters, so I tend not to care about the next generation. It's not always true, but as general rule that is the case.

I always hate using DBZ for comparions considering what motiviated it's creation and Toriyama attempt to kill it off. He even tried to shift the story to the next generation by killing Goku and starting off the Buu Saga with Gohan only to watch the fans revolt. He ultimately revived Goku and the final battle was all him and Vegeta.

It was a continuation of the series, but it never could transition to the next generation. Gohan (and Goten and Trunks) were just additions to the supporting cast. The story was still about Goku and his adventures and when Toriyama tried to move on fans clamored for his return.

Besides, Naruto appears to be heading to a definitive end. If Naruto succeeds in what he wants to do and ends the cycle, what would be their story? With everyone declaring to move past it in the Madara fight, what is there left for that generation to do? The stories I see aviable would seem to be reguritations of this story with new people.

If he does spin off it will be better to do it with Minato and Kushina's generation (you can add Uchiha and the like as well).

#26 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

I'd go only as far as seeing an epilogue, but after that...that's what fanfiction is for, eh?

#27 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jan 4 2012, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Besides, Naruto appears to be heading to a definitive end. If Naruto succeeds in what he wants to do and ends the cycle, what would be their story? With everyone declaring to move past it in the Madara fight, what is there left for that generation to do? The stories I see aviable would seem to be reguritations of this story with new people.

Oh, there's always a possibility for the writer to think of something if he really wants to. But would it be any good or not is another story.

#28 Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Dattebayo!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Art (Photoshop, Drawing, Painting etc.), Manga, Anime, Hardware &amp; Software genius, Tennis, Music... :)

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (peanutbutter126 @ Jan 3 2012, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, I don't really want that. There's always a point where a series should stop, interesting as the idea is. The current generation is good enough for me XD

I agree with that.

Edited by Kuraudo, 05 January 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#29 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

I actually want the opposite. I want a small series about Minato and Kushina leading up to the series Naruto.

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jan 4 2012, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As long as good exist, there will always be evil, and as long as there is evil, good will always be there to vanquish it. It's a balance to the universe.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 05 January 2012 - 02:36 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#30 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

Depends...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#31 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:59 AM

Hell why not?XD

#32 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

The fact is that after working on Naruto for so long, continuing it from a new generation will just become stale instantly. there's nothing new to explore on in the next series, plot devices or any of that will be repetitive and seem forced which is not interesting at all.At most it's just gonna be continuously about new villains with insane plots for absolute domination or something like that. So again, at most I just see some future aspect of Naruto as a father, husband, and Hokage, with it showing his daily activities with work and his family but not a series based on his kids, cause it just wont be good at this point. (You can only do so much with a series honestly)

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#33 Thomas

Thomas

Chakra Water Walker

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

would be better if we get 1000years later

#34 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jan 6 2012, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The fact is that after working on Naruto for so long, continuing it from a new generation will just become stale instantly. there's nothing new to explore on in the next series, plot devices or any of that will be repetitive and seem forced which is not interesting at all.At most it's just gonna be continuously about new villains with insane plots for absolute domination or something like that. So again, at most I just see some future aspect of Naruto as a father, husband, and Hokage, with it showing his daily activities with work and his family but not a series based on his kids, cause it just wont be good at this point. (You can only do so much with a series honestly)

Yeah, and continuing the series plotwise defeats the purpose of Naruto's whole hero's journey. His job is to bring peace to countries and end the ninja cycle of hatred. Continuing the plot would mean he had failed at that.

And realistically, to further the plot toward the newer generations, Kishimoto would need to being laying the groundwork for the next battles, the next allies and the next foes. Basically planting the seeds for the future plot. And he's not.

We never see any of the younger generations of Konoha shinobi (outside from some infrequent brushes with Konohamaru). We never see any younger generations of the other countries (again, except for a few).

The focus used to be tackling the ninja world, doing missions, etc. But now the focus is wholly on mopping up the last generation's problems. To the point that the only new characters Kishimoto is introducing are either Naruto's parents age, Tsunade's age or long dead. Yup. That's right. Kishimoto is introducing new characters who are dead.

And there are some pretty specific rules in plot development: never introduce new characters when your building up to the dramatic climax. But Kishimoto's whipping out new ones all the time. Or filling in background on others, raising them in importance.

What this says to me is that Kishimoto is planting the seeds of development for a Minato/Kushina centric manga. He may or may not do it (depending on contracts, money and personal feelings). But he's laying the groundwork for it if he chooses to continue writing in the Naruto universe.

Perhaps he writes another manga as if Naruto's telling his children bedtime stories. Then Kishimoto could intersperse tales of Minato/Kushina with stories of Jiraiya/Tsunade/young Kakashi/etc. almost in a drabble form. Small arcs, neatly resolved, and he wouldn't have to worry about providing overarching plot details because the reader would already have familiarity with the dark forces at work behind the scenes. They could be a series of stories, all interconnected and all moving toward the eventual Kyuubi attack. It could be love (Minato/Kushina) and drama(how did Shikamaru's dad get those scars?) and loss(Tsunade's loss/Kakashi's loss). And breaking up the flashbacks could be a few small story arcs of Naruto's adventures and troubles as Hokage. Light-hearted stories of his foibles at home, his faux pas representing Konoha to other nations, and his struggles with lingering rebels of all nations.

Yeah. I'd read that. biggrin.gif

#35 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jan 6 2012, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps he writes another manga as if Naruto's telling his children bedtime stories. Then Kishimoto could intersperse tales of Minato/Kushina with stories of Jiraiya/Tsunade/young Kakashi/etc. almost in a drabble form. Small arcs, neatly resolved, and he wouldn't have to worry about providing overarching plot details because the reader would already have familiarity with the dark forces at work behind the scenes. They could be a series of stories, all interconnected and all moving toward the eventual Kyuubi attack. It could be love (Minato/Kushina) and drama(how did Shikamaru's dad get those scars?) and loss(Tsunade's loss/Kakashi's loss). And breaking up the flashbacks could be a few small story arcs of Naruto's adventures and troubles as Hokage. Light-hearted stories of his foibles at home, his faux pas representing Konoha to other nations, and his struggles with lingering rebels of all nations.

Yeah. I'd read that. biggrin.gif

This sounds perfect wow.png

#36 Thomas

Thomas

Chakra Water Walker

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

nah, it's is the same a lot of things are already explained and why more kushina/minato its the sae as milking they had their time and played their roles, or he writes something like 400yr in the future or make another manga with other characters / another story

#37 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

He should write another story

#38 Kyrie

Kyrie

NaruSaku <3

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:~reading and writing stories, watching television. listening to music, playing PC games, game boy and other game consoles and day dreaming!~<br /><br />Anime Addict!<br /><br />NejiTen, NaruSaku, ShikaIno, SasuTen, SasuHina shipper^^ <br /><br />Kakashi-sensei is mine! Nyahahahaha =P

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

No. I don't think so. The current Naruto is fine for me, there are times that I feel like quitting following the series (like nowadays) but there are also times that I get interested on whats going on with the manga (like what I wish to happen in the future, I've kinda lost my interest at Naruto @__@), but still I'm ok with Naruto as it is. biggrin.gif

utter cuteness! --Click here to view--

I love God. <3

#39 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

I guess I agree with everone. Something short. like a small arc or an OVA. A timeskip and Naruto letting the fans know how his life is going. How he finally married the girl of his dreams, had kids and became Hokage. A couple shots of his kids at the academy. Then it ending with Naruto on top of the Hokage building looking at his father and saying something like I hope I made you both proud. Cheezy ending I guess or maybe something more comedic like him in his Kage office and Sakura busts in his office because he did something stupid. Kinda like things didn't change that much.

I wouldn't want it to continue. I have a hard enough time keeping track of this series.

#40 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

No. I think it would feel like if the plot was being artificially lengthened beyond the point where it should have stopped. Many fine series are cautionary instances of jumping the shark because the creator did not know where and when stopping.

And honestly I think the story has dragged out too much like it is.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users