35 replies to this topic

#21 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

Aside from what's already been mentioned. This one really hit my gut. Shikamaru is griefing..

Edited by sushi., 10 August 2012 - 02:24 PM.

ナルサク

#22 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

Most tragic for me: Yahiko, Konan, Nagato
- their storyline and Yahiko's ultimate death for Konan
- the thought of Konan having to partner with the corpse of her beloved for all those years
- and then Konan being the last one standing, mourning alone, preparing alone, fighting alone and dying alone, with nothing of real value resulting from her death

It was a really tragic storyline, made only more tragic by their sweet parallels to a early Team 7 (a kinder version).

Minato/Kushina was sad too, but not as tragic for me because it wasn't such a surprise as their backstory was unfolding. You kind of knew they were going to sacrifice themselve for their son. So it was building up to that.

But with Yahiko, you are moving along with the story, seeing Hanzo with Konan and wondering just how Yahiko and Nagatao are going to overcome this...and then BAM, Yahiko has impaled himself. Without a word. Just an instant decision to trade his life for theirs. It's astonishing love and loyalty, and the readers' reaction mirrors the Konan and Nagatos. Because the reader also knows that Yahiko is so very much like the hero, Naruto. So it hurts on two levels, as the straightforward backstory, then as a foreshadowing.

We don't want Naruto to die for a cause he doesn't have to, or be killed by his best friend to protect his only love, or to leave everything a mess behind him, having everything the fought for come undone anyway.

The Yahiko/Konan/Nagato storyline is tragic by itself, but it doubles in intensity when you think that this could happen to the main three heros of the story as well. (Naruto dies to save Sakura. Sasuke's life becomes driven by guilt and rage after killing his best friend. And Sakura life becomes a shell of her former self, carrying on the dreams of her dead lover.) Tragic.

#23 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

For me it was in recent chapters where Rikudo spoke with the baby Bijuu

Kurama as a Kit was adorable ><

Edited by Strangelove, 10 August 2012 - 08:56 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#24 GlucoseGlutton

GlucoseGlutton

Professional Trash

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:SakuHina tbh

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

For me the whole POAL moment just pulled on my heart strings sad.gif. My whole view on Naruto as a character changed when he swore to get Sasuke back for Sakura. I mean who does that? He loves her yet he's willing to go out there and get the guy she loves back even if it means he won't get a chance with her. Just so she can be happy. That's true selfless love right there folks shamefulcry0js.gif.

Edited by Bubbleyum, 11 August 2012 - 06:10 AM.

tumblr_mvi3cfp7Sy1rb7h2eo3_500.jpg

#25 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

Hmm... well, I do remember a few...

-I recall many emotions during the Haku/Zabuza arc: I smiled when Haku spoke about being truly strong when we have someone we cherish and who we want to protect; I laughed at Naruto's reaction when he found out Haku was a boy; and I felt sad about many things, including Naruto's feelings for Sakura, Haku's feelings about becoming useless, Naruto pleading to Zabuza about Haku, and finally, the tear made of snow in the end.

-Another touching moment for me was Rock Lee's determination in his fight against Gaara. Seeing his backstory and the result of that battle left a strong impact on me. Heck, even Might Guy stopped being his comical self because of his favorite student.

-And one which made me smile is composed of two parts: When Naruto remembers Haku's words about being truly strong when protecting someone (to which he fights Gaara and defeats him), and Sakura's reaction while meditating about the fact that it was Naruto who actually saved her from Gaara.

Well, I'm sure there are more, but those are just a few.

#26 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

Number 1 is the fight between Orochimaru and Hiruzen. God knows how many times I watched that fight.
When Hiruzen dies, he closes his eyes and what he sees is not the evil Orochimaru, but the very young talented student he loved as a teacher. And the last word when he sees Orochimaru was filled with love, "My discipline, let us meet again". I honestly cried reading it.

Number two is the fight between Choji and Jirobo.
The last scene when Choji says, "I can't forgive you for calling me fat! But even more than that... Not just for stealing the last chip... or calling me fat... most importantly I won't forgive anyone who insults my best friend!" and punches Jirobo which nearly made me cry at their strong friendship. If I read it now it makes me emotional for a different reason, because that is how I wished Naruto and Sasuke to be, which won't be happening....

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 11 August 2012 - 01:35 PM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#27 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Aug 10 2012, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Yahiko/Konan/Nagato storyline is tragic by itself, but it doubles in intensity when you think that this could happen to the main three heros of the story as well. (Naruto dies to save Sakura. Sasuke's life becomes driven by guilt and rage after killing his best friend. And Sakura life becomes a shell of her former self, carrying on the dreams of her dead lover.) Tragic.

Noooo, don't put that idea in my head! arg.gif

#28 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

I'm surprised I haven't seen it mentioned yet but a really emotional chapter that sticks out to me is when Kakashi technically died during the Pain invasion of Konoha. He says something about sorry to obito and rin and then meets his father again and talks with him. I thought that was it, the end of Kakashi, a favorite character of mine.

but of course, he got resurrected or whatever when Nagato changed his mind.

#29 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

This is a hard one to reply for me, mainly because I'm more of a fan of the anime than the manga. Nothing against the manga, it still a great manga, I just personally think the anime provides more depth to the material. The anime provides music to create a mood, and voice actors add emotions to the characters that will be hard to translate on page. I don't know you about most of you, but Sakura's confession to Naruto seemed a lot more 'honest' in the anime than it was in the manga, mainly because voice actress gave off emotions of honesty when she was delivering her lines as Sakura. Even my favorite parts of the manga, like Naruto's meeting with Kushina, I always thought was done better in the anime. In fact, the only reason why I read the manga is because of the anime.

But the recent chapter, Ch. 599, is probably one of my favorites in the series, and is one of the few that actually made me emotional, especially by the chapter's tragic (yet very predictable) last page. Other chapters that hit emotionally was Sakura's confession to Sasuke. You can tell she was very desperate, and confession itself was really depressing and, sadly, selfish. What go to me though was that, even though I'm not a girl, I was quite surprise how accurate it was showing a normal, lonely girl. Yet again, soon after, when Sakura begs Naruto to bring Sasuke back, that also hit me emotionally. I always loved the Promise of a Lifetime (and I hate the summit arc for getting rid of it, well, at least I think it), but now reading the original promise he made to Sakura, which was that he promised that Sasuke won't abandon the village cause he's stronger than that (which I THINK was not in the original anime, until the recent flashback episodes, which I have not yet watch (Like I said, I THINK)), added more depth and reasoning of why he made that promise. I remember when I first saw him making that promise, and implying he is in love with Sakura, I loved......and I was kind of put off by it. There wasn't really any good reason for Naruto to be in love with Sakura at that point (though there have been some points here and there), thus his promise (thus his almost love confession) seemed almost random. But add in their 'date' (which was just Sakura talking to Naruto about Sasuke on a bench(symbolism?)), which reminds viewers about Naruto's crush on Sakura (which, compared to Sakura's and Hinata's crushes, wasn't as well emphasized), and the promise he originally made to her, then you have yourself a Promise of a Lifetime with real character depth and better reasons.

I often question why the anime team originally thought that they didn't need to add that part during Part 1 of the anime. Also I question myself of why they then thought it was necessary to add that scene during those recap episodes of Part 1, when they didn't need have it in the first place. But whatever, like I was saying, I probably like Sakura's confession and the Promise of a Lifetime more in the manga than in the anime.

#30 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

There re quite a few scenes that made me emotional, but I can think of a few single panels that I found really emotional,

There is this one panel in the Manga when Gaara is defeated by Naruto and he is dragging himself quite literally using his chin and we see Naruto telling Gaara how he understands his pain, and even though they were enemies Naruto had tears in his eyes for the hardships Gaara had gone through.

The dying scene for Jiaraya and the last panel, a completely empty page with just the words, 'The Tale of Uzumaki Naruto...perfect.

Ofcourse The page where Minato and Kushina are scabbed by Karuma's claw as they protect their new born son, and last the hug from Kushina as she is dissapearing into the ether.

iAnby7W.gif

#31 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

Kakashi's "death".

Now that I look back on it I kind of want to b*tch slap Kishi for trolling me like that with his "death".

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#32 Arachnia

Arachnia

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Well i gess mine was the Ninetails attack and Minato & Kushina role in it pretty sad moment.

Edited by Arachnia, 11 September 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#33 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

obito's death shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif put me in tears sad.gif the good things he could have done if he libed
kakashi's death
promise of a lifetime

#34 Arachnia

Arachnia

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (candycane-chan @ Sep 11 2012, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
obito's death shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif put me in tears sad.gif the good things he could have done if he libed
kakashi's death
promise of a lifetime

So true with Obito not only that but the part where he says (and i never could tell Rin that i love her) OMG if that happens too naruto with sakura really

Edited by Arachnia, 11 September 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#35 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

I have four

The one where Sakura runs at 4 tailed Naruto in tears...saying she will save Sasuke for him.

The death of Jiraiya

The death of Nagato

When Rikudo told the Bijuu's that he won't be alive much longer....>_< and Kurama wept.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users