128 replies to this topic

#21 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:18 AM

ya know you gotta admit it to some naruhina fans.....their pairing is pretty hopeless and yet they still hang on.

yet us narusaku fans take one or two slaps to the face and we lose hope??

come on people wheres our determination??! rawr.gif

no pairing can become canon without struggle!!! and this is our greatest struggle! after this we are home free!!

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#22 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 6 2012, 03:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya know you gotta admit it to some naruhina fans.....their pairing is pretty hopeless and yet they still hang on.

yet us narusaku fans take one or two slaps to the face and we lose hope??

come on people wheres our determination??! rawr.gif

no pairing can become canon without struggle!!! and this is our greatest struggle! after this we are home free!!

th_goodjob.gif So True.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#23 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

I once heard that Kishimoto based the character of Naruto from himself. Then another time I heard that on Kishimoto's wedding someone made a comment on how his bride looked like Sakura. We can pretty much take from that which type of girl Kishimoto really likes and considering the fact that he might express his desires through Naruto then we can pretty much guess who he wants him to end up with.

Kishimoto is so fond of Sakura that he once admitted that he felt embarrassed to draw her in a swimsuit for some artwork so he made the outfit as reserved as possible, she ended up wearing shorts instead of the standard bottom piece. Just from that you can understand that Kishimoto wants the best for this character he created.

If there's a chance that Naruto and Sakura's development is based on his and his wife's own experience then maybe the reason it takes so much trouble for Naruto to win Sakura's heart is because Kishimoto had a similar experience. If Kishimoto persevered against all odds in winning the affection of his wife then maybe that's what he wants for Naruto as well.

#24 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Apr 6 2012, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura has no idea what she feels for Naruto. Not a clue.

Err, that's not what is in manga canon. Sakura is completely sure that she is in love with Naruto. Reread chapter 469-70.

She just feels ashamed and sickened that she failed in what she believed she had suceeded in doing- eliminating any feelings whatsoever for Sasuke. She is repulsed at herself for retaining any feelings for Sasuke. That's what the scene with the love letter nin was about. The guy was expressing a hopeless one sided affection for her out of a false glamorized image he had of her. An exact reflection of her one sided crush on Sasuke.

But that has no connection to her romantic feelings for Naruto. She knows that is mutual and now Naruto knows it's mutual. Thus the intimacy vibe between them when Naruto rescued Sakura from Sasuke. Note as well Sakura has never so much as smiled at Sasuke in part 2, much less flirted with him. She is so far removed from that, that she didn't even think of the obvious thing when she attempted to fool Sasuke that she was joining him, and act like her old fangirl self. She announces herself to Sasuke in flat, pretty much emotionless way.

Compare this to Sakura in part 2 with Naruto- lots of smiles and flirtation and passion- temper, absolute trust and fierce belief in, and passionate in her deep emotional romantic bond to him. She even outright flirts with Naruto the first time she sees him in part 2- inviting Naruto to look at her body as "womanly" (meaning she wants him to look at her in a sexual way. She's outright inviting him to flirt back with her.)
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#25 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 6 2012, 06:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Err, that's not what is in manga canon. Sakura is completely sure that she is in love with Naruto. Reread chapter 469-70.

She just feels ashamed and sickened that she failed in what she believed she had suceeded in doing- eliminating any feelings whatsoever for Sasuke. She is repulsed at herself for retaining any feelings for Sasuke. That's what the scene with the love letter nin was about. The guy was expressing a hopeless one sided affection for her out of a false glamorized image he had of her. An exact reflection of her one sided crush on Sasuke.

But that has no connection to her romantic feelings for Naruto. She knows that is mutual and now Naruto knows it's mutual. Thus the intimacy vibe between them when Naruto rescued Sakura from Sasuke. Note as well Sakura has never so much as smiled at Sasuke in part 2, much less flirted with him. She is so far removed from that, that she didn't even think of the obvious thing when she attempted to fool Sasuke that she was joining him, and act like her old fangirl self. She announces herself to Sasuke in flat, pretty much emotionless way.

Compare this to Sakura in part 2 with Naruto- lots of smiles and flirtation and passion- temper, absolute trust and fierce belief in, and passionate in her deep emotional romantic bond to him. She even outright flirts with Naruto the first time she sees him in part 2- inviting Naruto to look at her body as "womanly" (meaning she wants him to look at her in a sexual way. She's outright inviting him to flirt back with her.)

I just read 469-470 thoroughly. And unless you think that Sakura is honest to a fault, unless you think that she's thoroughly incapable of lying, bending or stretching the truth, then there is nothing there to prove that she is "completely sure she is in love with Naruto."

She never once stated that she had any intention to eliminate her feelings for Sasuke, nor that she had ever abandoned hope for his return.

Neither of them know it is mutual. If Naruto knew it was mutual, he wouldn't have turned her down or called it a joke. Even the tone of her confession was completely flat and uninspired. To me, it sounded like, "What's the point of chasing someone who only breaks my heart? So I've decided to settle for you, since you're close and actually care." If this was a real confession without an ulterior motive, she wouldn't even bring Sasuke's name into it.

You're begging the question an awful lot here. Too many conclusions based on assumptions and wishful thinking.

Edited by PachucoDesigns, 06 April 2012 - 06:57 AM.

On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#26 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 6 2012, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"What's the point of chasing someone who only breaks my heart? So I've decided to settle for you, since you're close and actually care." If this was a real confession without an ulterior motive, she wouldn't even bring Sasuke's name into it.

This is exact sentiments when I read that chapter. Sakura's confession gave that vibe and is not really sincere. "I just switched from Sasuke to you". Yup, doesn't sound sincere to me. Everything was going well till she mentioned about Sasuke breaking her heart and then saying Naruto has always been there for her. She needs to redo the confession without mentioning Sasuke and then declaring her feelings for Naruto, not saying how Naruto has always been there for her. We need to know what she feels because we all know Naruto likes Sakura from the start. She did not explain why she likes Naruto as a person at all. She mentioned he became Konoha's hero so she's appreciative. The timing was wrong, it was very forced. She had the whole war away from Naruto to contemplate things and now I can see she's more resolved when she's heading to Naruto and Tobi's location. I'm eagerly waiting her arrival. I'm leaving it up to Kishi to make an epic love confession.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 06 April 2012 - 07:17 AM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#27 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

If your losing hope in NaruSaku think of this. What's the point in having the main hero fall in love with the main heroine if they weren't just made to be in the first place? Plus, the name Uzumaki Naruto came from the food named "Uzumaki Naruto" which has pink in the center of it:
Uzumaki Naruto food in Naruto show --Click here to view--

Uzumaki Naruto food in real life --Click here to view--

So why did Kishimoto make Sakura pink. I mean, Sakura could of been black, blue, purple.. anything but pink (and maybe red)?

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#28 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 6 2012, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exact sentiments when I read that chapter. Sakura's confession gave that vibe and is not really sincere. "I just switched from Sasuke to you". Yup, doesn't sound sincere to me. Everything was going well till she mentioned about Sasuke breaking her heart and then saying Naruto has always been there for her. She needs to redo the confession without mentioning Sasuke and then declaring her feelings for Naruto, not saying how Naruto has always been there for her. We need to know what she feels because we all know Naruto likes Sakura from the start. She did not explain why she likes Naruto as a person at all. She mentioned he became Konoha's hero so she's appreciative. The timing was wrong, it was very forced. She had the whole war away from Naruto to contemplate things and now I can see she's more resolved when she's heading to Naruto and Tobi's location. I'm eagerly waiting her arrival. I'm leaving it up to Kishi to make an epic love confession.

Basically, to me, it didn't sound like she was in love. It sounded rehearsed. Or, at the very most, as though she were settling. She could choose to be with Naruto any time she wanted, and she knew it. That's how it came off. Not to declare her feelings for Naruto, but to declare him worthy of being with her. We have all seen that she is fully capable of great displays of emotion, what with her many tears over Sasuke, her tears over Naruto's pain, her screaming for Naruto in desperation just before he appeared to fight Pain. These were real, from the heart. This wasn't. This was contrived and forced. And if it wasn't, she would never have to explain her reasoning, let alone mention Sasuke, because there would be no reasoning to explain. It would just be. The only reason this is ever accepted as an honest confession is because people desperate for this pairing are grasping at straws and unwilling to await the real, irrefutable confession.

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 6 2012, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If your losing hope in NaruSaku think of this. What's the point in having the main hero fall in love with the main heroine if they weren't just made to be in the first place? Plus, the name Uzumaki Naruto came from the food named "Uzumaki Naruto" which has pink in the center of it:
Uzumaki Naruto food in Naruto show --Click here to view--
Uzumaki Naruto food in real life --Click here to view--
So why did Kishimoto make Sakura pink. I mean, Sakura could of been black, blue, purple.. anything but pink (and maybe red)?

I'm sorry, but that is just silly. I know Kishimoto is a great artist, but you are giving him way too much credit for his insight into symbolism. You're making him out to be Andy Warhol, and he isn't. You're treating his work like the DaVinci Code.

Edited by PachucoDesigns, 06 April 2012 - 07:38 AM.

On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#29 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

well NS will be best suited for manga and is also the most sensible and my favourite pairing but after the fake confession i have hardly any hopes left for the pairing.But then sasuke tried to kill her and naruto saved her i was like okay their is still some hope but when that chapter 540 came I became pretty sure even though sakura looked sad it clearly told us she have no romantic feelings for naruto but only sasuke. If she did had some feelings she would have atleast thought of naruto but no only sasuke!!

I will pretty much hate sakura if in the end also she choses sasuke i mean who will like to end up with person who tried to kill her!

for me Naruhina is pretty much dead and if that ever happen i will be kishi u were really a sh*tty writer in romantic path whereas narusaku currently lies in between SS and NH. I mean for me SS is having highest chances because sasuke will definitely turn good(whole plot was to bring him back and peace) and their is these probelms

NH will never happen because naruto have highest chances of dying, naruto never showed any romantic feelings towards hinata
NS have fine chances of happening but not very high because of chapter 540, fake confession(i mean that confession definitely was fake by the looks of it and if it was real that way of confssion was sh*tty), moreover sakura doesn't seem to love naruto but only sasuke.moreover is this pairing happen i think sasuke will always be a problem in this pairing
SS have highest chances of happening because sasuke is currently bad and filled with hatred but when he turns good he might accept sakura(even though it wil be bad but since many mangas have done this it will not be a big surprise) and i don't really think sakura will come to naruto after sasuke turniing good. She never trully loved naruto when sasuke was away so how will kishi make her fall in love with naruto when sasuke returns. The only bad point of this pairing as far as i can see is sasuke never showed any feelings towards sakura so it will be really bad writing if SS happens! But i still think this pairing have chances of happening because sasuke also never showed that he has any plans of becomming good so it will not be any surprise if he also acknowledges sakura's love!!

Don't get me wrong people i am really narusaku but i have really started to think NS have little lower chances then SS! Don't yell at me saying i am NH or SS. i was always NS and will remain until it becomes canon(if it ever becomes)!!

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#30 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (lord287 @ Apr 6 2012, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well NS will be best suited for manga and is also the most sensible and my favourite pairing but after the fake confession i have hardly any hopes left for the pairing.But then sasuke tried to kill her and naruto saved her i was like okay their is still some hope but when that chapter 540 came I became pretty sure even though sakura looked sad it clearly told us she have no romantic feelings for naruto but only sasuke. If she did had some feelings she would have atleast thought of naruto but no only sasuke!!

I will pretty much hate sakura if in the end also she choses sasuke i mean who will like to end up with person who tried to kill her!

for me Naruhina is pretty much dead and if that ever happen i will be kishi u were really a sh*tty writer in romantic path whereas narusaku currently lies in between SS and NH. I mean for me SS is having highest chances because sasuke will definitely turn good(whole plot was to bring him back and peace) and their is these probelms

NH will never happen because naruto have highest chances of dying, naruto never showed any romantic feelings towards hinata
NS have fine chances of happening but not very high because of chapter 540, fake confession(i mean that confession definitely was fake by the looks of it and if it was real that way of confssion was sh*tty), moreover sakura doesn't seem to love naruto but only sasuke.moreover is this pairing happen i think sasuke will always be a problem in this pairing
SS have highest chances of happening because sasuke is currently bad and filled with hatred but when he turns good he might accept sakura(even though it wil be bad but since many mangas have done this it will not be a big surprise) and i don't really think sakura will come to naruto after sasuke turniing good. She never trully loved naruto when sasuke was away so how will kishi make her fall in love with naruto when sasuke returns. The only bad point of this pairing as far as i can see is sasuke never showed any feelings towards sakura so it will be really bad writing if SS happens! But i still think this pairing have chances of happening because sasuke also never showed that he has any plans of becomming good so it will not be any surprise if he also acknowledges sakura's love!!

Don't get me wrong people i am really narusaku but i have really started to think NS have little lower chances then SS! Don't yell at me saying i am NH or SS. i was always NS and will remain until it becomes canon(if it ever becomes)!!

If they bring Sasuke back to the Leaf as a "good guy," I'm going to be furious. That is the most cliche crap I've ever heard. After everything he has been through, if he goes back just because he's chastised by his older brother, then he is the most mentally shallow character in the entire series.

#31 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 6 2012, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ciardha, I know you are older and have watched more animes and read more manga, but I strongly disagree with this. Sakura's confession was forced to an extent. She wasn't being completely honest at all. I have reread chapters 469-470, but my opinion remains the same, even enforcing it. Sakura still wasn't sure if she loved Naruto during the confession which is why the confession seemed forced and planned when mentioning Sasuke, but seemed to have geninue expressions when she hugged Naruto and explained why she fell for him. Sakura was and currently still is judging by Chapter 540, unsure and positive that she loved Naruto. She just decided to confess to fit the situation when she herself was still confused, which is probably why Naruto called her out on it. Sakura at this point in time, still has romantic feelings for Sasuke and I refuse to believe its just a teammate bond. It isn't and it never has been. You are right. Sakura is ashamed but not because she still cares for him. She's ashamed because she still has an romantic attachment to Sasuke. I believe she will move on soon, but you can't deny that Sakura still loves Sasuke. It couldn't be more obvious. I know Sakura loves Naruto but like I said, she hasn't figured it out yet.

Wrong. Naruto still thinks she loves only Sasuke. I have yet to see something that convinces me otherwise. And don't bring up the mental image either. That just meant that he accepted that Team 7 won't be the way it was. It was focused on Sakura than he'd picture fangirl Sakura of Part 1 and that image would shatter. Hell, even Naruto Shippuden episode 235, which is only stating canon fact, Naruto claimed that Sakura loves Sasuke and his love was one-sided. Naruto still thinks she loves Sasuke and she does but both Naruto and Sakura have failed to see that Sakura does love him, just without knowing it. There is an intimacy vibe between them but the situation still stands. Both are in the way of them getting together. Sakura with her unresolved feelings and Naruto with his wall of 'Sakura doesn't love me, only Sasuke'. Why would Sakura smile at Sasuke when he's in the darkness and isn't the Sasuke she once knew? If she did, it would be terribly out of place. Sasuke does nothing but bring her pain, despair, disappointment, guilt, and sadness. All negative for she is distraught that the Sasuke she "loves" is seemingly gone. Again, why would Sakura flirt with Sasuke under such terrible circumstances, not mentioning the fact that he betrayed Konoha? Like I said, out of place and if she did flirt or smile, I would seriously question her sanity. The Sakura fangirl died off at the beginning of Shippuden and will never come back, even when Sasuke turns good. While still "loving" him, she is afraid of and distrusts Sasuke which comes as no surpise. It will take years for her to every fully trust him again. Noted, Sakura's love towards Sasuke has greatly diminished over the course of Part 2 as her feelings for Naruto grow stronger, but there still there. Sakura won't love Sasuke for long but she needs to realize her love for Naruto in order to do so.

I agree that there are obvious hints Sakura loves Naruto and I personally believe she does, but its in her subconsious and she unconsciously loves Naruto. If she truly knows she loves Naruto, then when Sakura turned down the Love -Letter nin and said "I'm sorry. there is someone else I..", she would have been thinking of Naruto, but she didn't. Then he said "I figured. But whoever that person is, he must be a really great guy for you to love him." Then Sakura thought of Sasuke with a pained, ashamed expression. If it was truly Naruto she was thinking about she would have smiled and Naruto would flash through her mind. She would then think something along the lines of "Yeah. He really is.." Sakura loves both Naruto and Sasuke, but Sasuke is the only one she acknowledged while with Naruto she isn't sure. Sakura does love Naruto and loves him more than Sasuke. That I'm sure of. But she hasn't realized it yet and will get an epiphany sometime soon.

Trust me, I despise the fact that Sakura still loves Sasuke but I'm not going to be in a denial about it either. I just have to accept it. I can understand why Kishimoto is doing this which is for Sakura's character development and to milk the pairing wars. If Kishimoto already confirmed that Sakura loves Naruto without ambiguity then he would lose NaruHina fans who only read the manga for pairings and that in turn would cause money loss. He's saving that little treat for us for later. smile.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#32 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

Ciardha, I know you are older and have watched more animes and read more manga, but I strongly disagree with this.

I don't really know how that automatically affords someone respect, let alone constitutes wisdom. How does that make someone an authority on anything?

Edited by PachucoDesigns, 06 April 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#33 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 6 2012, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really know how that automatically affords someone respect, let alone constitutes wisdom. How does that make someone a authority figure?

Well sometimes older people are smarter than younger ones but in Ciardha's case, I disagree with her wishful thinking and idealitic view on NaruSaku like I said in my post.

#34 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Apr 6 2012, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well sometimes older people are smarter than younger ones but in Ciardha's case, I disagree with her wishful thinking and idealitic view on NaruSaku like I said in my post.

Sometimes. Key word. Age isn't a factor. It's intellect and experience. And neither of those will do any good until you take an objective and logical stance. I respect the elders of my family, but I do not automatically respect anyone, let alone give them the benefit of the doubt as an authority figure, just because they are older than me. Especially when they will hear no dispute or reason.

Edited by PachucoDesigns, 06 April 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#35 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 6 2012, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sometimes. Key word. Age isn't a factor. It's intellect and experience. And neither of those will do any good until you take an objective and logical stance. I respect the elders of my family, but I do not automatically respect anyone, let alone give them the benefit of the doubt as an authority figure, just because they are older than me. Especially when they will hear no dispute or reason.

True. I believe my opinion was logical and I have been waiting a long time to shoot down her posts that say things like that when they obviously aren't looking at the big picture and overanalyzing
things like she does.

#36 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Apr 6 2012, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True. I believe my opinion was logical and I have been waiting a long time to shoot down her posts that say things like that when they obviously aren't looking at the big picture and overanalyzing
things like she does.

It was logical. Well done. And I have no problem shooting down BS where I see it. I don't care who said it. I'm not concerned with what anybody thinks they know. I'm interested in how they know, and how they can prove it. And if they're trying to justify something, I'm not interested in their reasoning unless they have an understanding of logic.

#37 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 6 2012, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was logical. Well done. And I have no problem shooting down BS where I see it. I don't care who said it. I'm not concerned with what anybody thinks they know. I'm interested in how they know, and how they can prove it. And if they're trying to justify something, I'm not interested in their reasoning unless they have an understanding of logic.

Exactly. You need proof to support your theory which I used and she tecnically didn't. I really don't like that Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke but not going to be in denial about it, especially when I see where Kishi is going with this. Its annoying to me but I deal. I'm not going to sugarcoat anything and say Sakura only thinks of Sasuke as a teammate when evidence says otherwise. Even as a NaruSaku fan, I've accepted it. I don't want to be like some SasuSaku and NaruHina fans who are in denial. And thank you.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 06 April 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#38 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Apr 6 2012, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly. You need proof to support your theory which I used and she tecnically didn't. I really don't like that Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke but not going to be in denial about it, especially when I see where Kishi is going with this. Its annoying to me but I deal. I'm not going to sugarcoat anything and say Sakura only thinks of Sasuke as a teammate when evidence says otherwise. Even as a NaruSaku fan, I've accepted it. i don't want to be like some SasuSaku and NaruHina fans who are in denial. And thank you.

Well, it's like I said from the very beginning. I don't exactly like the NaruSaku pairing, but it is the one that makes sense, and the only one that can possibly happen without completely ruining the flow of the story so far. It's the only one that has built up sufficient justification. Hell, her whole crush on Sasuke was nothing but a device to reinforce why she should be with Naruto, because her initial crush on him had no substantial justification in and of itself. I like Hinata, I think she's cute. Sasuke is one of my favorite characters for many reasons. I've had my issues with Sakura, but over all, I like her, too. I have no particular bias for any one of them or any pairing.

People seem to forget that there are two arguments here, not just one. 1) Will NaruSaku happen? 2) Should NaruSaku happen? Before anyone opens their mouths to try and defend their pairing, they should decide which of these they are trying to answer, first. The first is obvious, and needs little defense. Anyone who has any idea at all how the art of storytelling works will know this. The second one should be the main focus, because that is where the pairing bias is rooted. The pairing wars happen not because people think the pairing will happen, but because they want it to.

#39 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Apr 6 2012, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it's like I said from the very beginning. I don't exactly like the NaruSaku pairing, but it is the one that makes sense, and the only one that can possibly happen without completely ruining the flow of the story so far. It's the only one that has built up sufficient justification. Hell, her whole crush on Sasuke was nothing but a device to reinforce why she should be with Naruto, because her initial crush on him had no substantial justification in and of itself. I like Hinata, I think she's cute. Sasuke is one of my favorite characters for many reasons. I've had my issues with Sakura, but over all, I like her, too. I have no particular bias for any one of them or any pairing.

People seem to forget that there are two arguments here, not just one. 1) Will NaruSaku happen? 2) Should NaruSaku happen? Before anyone opens their mouths to try and defend their pairing, they should decide which of these they are trying to answer, first. The first is obvious, and needs little defense. Anyone who has any idea at all how the art of storytelling works will know this. The second one should be the main focus, because that is where the pairing bias is rooted. The pairing wars happen not because people think the pairing will happen, but because they want it to.

Well when you say "Should this pairing happen?" that's an opinion and all depends on pairing bias. Will is like you said, obvious. What you say is true. I feel that some NaruHina fans and SasuSaku fans do should with no real proof that it will. Even NaruSaku fans do it though. NaruSaku really is the only pairing that makes sense to me. I admit that I love their intereactions but I usually end up shipping couples that seem likely to happen and if I like how they behave towards each other, I ship it. You are probably the best type of NaruSaku supporter since you are free from bias and see everything in a logical point of view. I have tried to be like that, especially when debating against opposing pairings but I'm biased after all. Surpisingly, I hate none of these characters. I love Sasuke to an extent despite his corruption and he is really interesting to me. Naruto is my favorite character out of everyone and Sakura is second to him. Hinata I don't really like or hate. Sometimes I like her, sometimes she's annoying to me.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 06 April 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#40 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Apr 6 2012, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well when you say "Should this pairing happen?" that's an opinion and all depends on pairing bias. Will is like you said, obvious. What you say is true. I feel that some NaruHina fans and SasuSaku fans do should with no real proof that it will. Even NaruSaku fans do it though. NaruSaku really is the only pairing that makes sense to me. I admit that I love their intereactions but I usually end up shipping couples that seem likely to happen and if I like how they behave towards each other, I ship it. You are probably the best type of NaruSaku supporter since you are free from bias and see everything in a logical point of view. I have tried to be like that, especially when debating against opposing pairings but I'm biased after all. Surpisingly, I hate none of these characters. I love Sasuke to an extent despite his corruption and he is really interesting to me. Naruto is my favorite character out of everyone and Sakura is second to him. Hinata I don't really like or hate. Sometimes I like her, sometimes she's annoying to me.

In storytelling, there's something known as a Deus ex Machina. It is one of the stupidest things any writer can do, and the one most infamous for it is M. Night Shyamalan, of late. It's often confused for a twist, but it isn't. A twist is an unexpected ending that makes you think back on what you just saw, reinterpret everything, and realize that it makes sense in hindsight even though you couldn't see it coming. An excellent device, really hard to pull off. A Deus ex Machina is an ending that the author just pulled out of his ***, with absolutely no foreshadowing or allusions, no hint at all that it was going to happen. "And then, it turns out they were on the moon!" "And then the aliens were allergic to water!" "And then, turns out it was present day, not the past!" It is the stupidest thing EVER.

Any other pairing other than NaruSaku at this point would be a Deus ex Machina, pure and simple. Because even though the fans like the idea of it happening, even though they want the characters to be together because of some vicarious desire/envy, it has absolutely no justification and would derail the entire reasoning behind the story. It would be a chaotic mess leaving everybody staring in disbelief and shouting "WTF?!?!" Bad. Bad storytelling.

Only NaruSaku makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users