• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:29 AM

This is proably a weird question to ask but does your parents watched or read Naruto or know what it's about then do they support NS? And even if they don't like it, do they see NS is the most logical pairing?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#2 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:18 AM

Let me just throw this out. Once, my mom who has never watched Naruto before (well not past the first episode at least) just happened to watch the part of the Bonds movie were Naruto was holding unconscious Sakura and for her to wake up and just ,get embarrassed and slay him. She asked me "does that girl Like Naruto?" If that is any indication 

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 February 2016 - 11:18 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:01 PM

my parents: "why are you watching those cartoons"

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#4 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

bruh...

#5 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:11 AM

I've been watching anime since 1999 and my dad still mispronounces it as "Ani-me." So you can probably take a guess.

#6 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:05 AM

"How do you understand what they are saying?"

T-Thanks mom and dad

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 13 February 2016 - 03:05 AM.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:29 AM

Okay so from what I get this isn't turning into a discussion of how obvious NS is to neutrals but to complain that your parents don't get/don't support your interests? :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 August 2017 - 07:07 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#8 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

My mom and dad watch some Naruto with me back when I was in middle/ during high school. Their views:

Dad: I don't know why this boy continue to love this pink kitten; I would drop her ass and go for the hot one. (My dad doesn't like how Sakura punches Naruto, doesn't understand tsundere, and the hot one is Ino).

Mom: I have a feeling that he would get over her one day and move on to someone who treats him better. I will not continue to love a girl who beats me and is still in love with the guy who murder her. The team is toxic, and I hope he sees his happiness is with Hinata. I can tell that he might have feelings for her after his reaction. (The whole Hinata/Pain deal).

So no. In fact, every person I know (family, friends, coworkers, and some club kids I hang out with) who has ever watch or heard of Naruto hates, or have heard people who hated, Sakura. I tried explaining the tsundere, but they called kitten excuse (they also don't like Toradora or Love Hina). They are also anti SS, but they are ultimately anti T7. My parents hope that Naruto would stop chasing a boy "who never gave interest" and drop the girl "who is still caught up in the bad boy and has no remorse in beating him for the littlest things". My dad supports NaruIno though, and my mom says she's willing to support NaruHina as long as she doesn't wind up another Sakura. But that was a couple years ago. When I told them the ending, my dad slowly shakes his head for Sakura and knew it would happen and my mom laugh saying "that this girl would be a single mother, just watch!" 

You can't find no support here. Everyone I meet only told me that they're glad Sakura got her ending and Naruto moved on. A lot compares NS to SS. 

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#9 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:45 PM

TORADORA is THE BEST ROMANCE STORY EVER TOLD.

#10 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:52 PM

I've never grown out of anime.... so yeah, I think there are parents who like it and kids who like it. And I don't think there's as big divide in interests like there used to be. Like with the Pixar movies, HTTYD, ATLA, Harry Potter, Twilight (and even 50 Shades of Grey coming from a twilight fanfic) and especially Star Wars, there are lots of movies that aim at both markets - kids and adults. And both enjoy them together. Animes aren't just kids cartoons, just like sic-fi action movies are just Power Rangers. 

Case in point, the Pokemon commercial during the superbowl. That was mega buck for that ad, and it was aimed at adults who loved it as children, and now their children or the next generation.

As for Naruto, I thought it would turn out like Avatar The Last Airbender or Harry Potter...meaning it's a great story from beginning to end, one you would recommend to others and watch/read again yourself But I was wrong.

So I think Naruto doesn't fit in as a series that appeals to a wider age range. Which is unfortunate on their part - it's about a boy growing up, with an audience that has grown with him. But unlike ATLA or the Harry Potter Series, Naruto's age came to a standstill about the time the series started to go down the tubes (after the Pain arc). That's when all forward momentum of the story stopped. So for readers of any age, young or old, the story isn't worth rereading or recommending. (Or read it and stop at the Pain Arc.)

I still like the core of Naruto, but it's no ATLA or HP with their big fanbase of parents and kids. Naruto could have had that...but they lost it. So it doesn't surprise me when people don't like it. After the Pain arc, there's not much story left to like.

#11 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:17 PM

Not going to lie, the only reason I clicked on the thread was the title bugged me, it should be 'Do your parents support NS'

To answer the topic I'd say probably no, as they are old fashioned but at the same time they probably wouldn't like NH either as they aren't that old fashioned.

iAnby7W.gif

#12 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:09 PM

Yes My mum loved NS but does not like Hinata at all.

#13 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:28 PM

My Dad , watched until the Pain Arc , and his response when I told him that Naruto ended up with Hinata:

"Who was she again?, I thought he would end up with his crush"

He's started watching again tho. LOL and i cringe everytime I see naruto on the TV.

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#14 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:39 AM

No, I can`t say my folks supported NS since they didn`t even read/watch the series in the first place.

I imagine if Parents don`t watch anime regularly and aren`t aware of the differences in romance between the west and Japan(such as Tsundere)  they aren`t going to care

#15 Sunora

Sunora

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:32 AM

My mom watched some of it here & there she thought that SS was ok in the beginning, but changed her mind in Shippuden she called Sasuke an A-hole & thought NS together was a wonderful thing & said that they fit together really well. She also did not care about Hinata at all she thought Hinata was boring.

#16 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:16 AM

My parents know nothing about Naruto unfortunately. I'd say they are even a bit old-fashioned, but I'm sure Hinata's behavior would make them thrown. I mean, why would they not like Sakura (before character destruction etc)? She's a strong feisty girl and a medical genius.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#17 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:49 AM

Naruto is this really odd series. i say in how it is handles it popularity it's opposite of ginatama. Ginatama for a long time was/is the fourth biggest active manga in Shounen Jump, yet it and it's fans seems unaware of the popularity. While Naruto knows it SJ biggest seller internationally and was for the longest time second to only one piece in Japan. Everyone knows this but you'll lucky to find anyone who actually likes Naruto.

I think the reason for both it hatred and popularity is toonami. When toonami was on Saturdays so kids to watch it was the best anime on Toonami. So if people wanted to watch a good dub anime Naruto was it. Which suppressed any major criticism about it. Once toonami was cancelled distance either makes "the heart grow fonder or you question why you ever liked it in the first place." Naruto fall into the later category for most. Which is one of the reason why that filler isn't stopping until they are ready for the Bolt anime. Cause if they stop it they will lose the one surviving solid fanbase they have left Japan.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 15 February 2016 - 02:51 AM.

#18 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:53 PM

My mother knows nothing about anything to do with manga or anime, and it's not something I bring up. (And if I did, Naruto would be the last one I'd mention). So the answer would be a resounding 'No'.

#19 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:10 PM

I doubt they know what it is, but they're a lot like them. Dad makes dad jokes, mom 'pretends' to be angry but is not, they are still smooching af in their late 50's (help me :argh: :sick:). Dad is also more easygoing and calms mom down when stressed etc.

I think it's because NS is very much like a real couple. Very realistic and believable imo. :yes:

ナルサク

#20 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:14 PM

my parents: "why are you watching those cartoons"

Same here.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users