#21 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:36 PM

So another trailer came out today:

Honestly I don't know if I became a movie snob after watching so many movies, but this trailer just doesn't do it for me.

I mean it's ok, but really not excited for it.

Maybe it's the song they chosen. I don't know.

Edited by Nostradamus, 03 November 2016 - 10:41 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#22 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:56 PM

Amazing.

Battlefield 1 DLC looks great. Lol. Ok,I saw that in a comment that got me laughing.

#23 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:29 AM

Wow! I thought the trailer was great! Can't wait to see it.

Also, if you liked the comic (or comic books in general), there is an interesting article about Wonder Woman's origins in Smithsonian magazine from a few years back. 

#24 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:31 AM

OH  I am SO hyped for this movie!!!!! Gal Godot does an awesome performance!!!!!! I don't know why people complain about her :shrug:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#25 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:00 PM

OH  I am SO hyped for this movie!!!!! Gal Godot does an awesome performance!!!!!! I don't know why people complain about her :shrug:

Maybe because she doesn't really look and feel like wonder woman at all.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#26 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:52 AM

She and Ben Affleck made Batman v Superman watchable.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#27 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:26 PM

This movie should have been taken place in 2017. I know it's about War, but it won't be that different from that year.

#28 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:04 PM

Maybe because she doesn't really look and feel like wonder woman at all.

You could argue that every live adaptation of a comic book is like that. The only one that fits perfectly in line with the comics is Chrispopher Reeve as Superman. IF fans want to go there. Besides I think she is an amazing actor. :smile:

#29 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:05 PM

You could argue that every live adaptation of a comic book is like that. The only one that fits perfectly in line with the comics is Chrispopher Reeve as Superman. IF fans want to go there. Besides I think she is an amazing actor. :smile:

I think Henry makes a pretty descent Superman, at least look wise. I'm not judging Gal Gadot acting, but her looks are, to me at least, way off from the envision of what wonder woman should look like.

I mean, is this the look of someone that spend their entire lifetime training to be a hardened warrior that can take anything?

I just don't see it, sorry.

Edited by alexander, 15 November 2016 - 07:05 PM.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#30 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:18 AM

I actually don't disagree, it just doesn't bother me when I watch it because her costume is amazing, making it watchable. But it's a problem because it's not a coincidence. I believe they didnt want an actress with WW bodytype, so they got a model for the role. Pretty ironic since ms Gadot has dismissed any critique of her being WW as bodyshaming. It's the same issue of a recent kdrama based on a real life female athlete with type Rhousey body, yet a petite pretty model got to play her role. So it's not a one time incident js.

ナルサク

#31 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:12 PM

I think Henry makes a pretty descent Superman, at least look wise. I'm not judging Gal Gadot acting, but her looks are, to me at least, way off from the envision of what wonder woman should look like.

I mean, is this the look of someone that spend their entire lifetime training to be a hardened warrior that can take anything?

I just don't see it, sorry.

Perhaps, but what you should also ask yourself is, Does Wonder woman look like a hardened warrior with a lifetimes (or many lifetimes) worth of training in the comics? She as a very slender figure in the comics too, and that is justified because she has super strength that has nothing to do with physical physique. Same principle here.

#32 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:53 PM

Perhaps, but what you should also ask yourself is, Does Wonder woman look like a hardened warrior with a lifetimes (or many lifetimes) worth of training in the comics? She as a very slender figure in the comics too, and that is justified because she has super strength that has nothing to do with physical physique. Same principle here.

Really? Comic WW looks pretty ripped to me.

ナルサク

#33 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:47 AM

Eh it varies depending on the artist, But my point is her super strength has nothing to do with her physique. She could be a total stick figure and she's be as strong as Superman or in the same league as him at least, Besides I personally see nothing wrong with her acting skills, which is what I'm most concerned about. If no one is complaining about Henry Cavill as Superman or Ben Affleck as Batman I see nothing against Gal Godot as Wonder woman. Appearance-wise I also find nothing wrong, so I think specification of what you're looking for in a live adaptation of Wonder woman would help.  

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 March 2017 - 03:27 AM.

#34 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:51 AM

Yep:

CZSn9hA.jpg

#35 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:32 AM

Yep:

I don't think it's worse than the other movies in the same franchise

anyhow 3 more months to go! :thumb:

Edited by sushi., 12 March 2017 - 03:32 AM.

ナルサク

#36 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:55 AM

I hope this movie deliver.

#37 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

Well I presume you know that Hollywood before releasing their movies, they have special screenings and the people there are the ones that decide if the movie is a go or if the studio has to change something.

And the thing is people are not happy with Wonder Woman. And they say to change something. I don't know what that something is, but the problem is they didn't like it.

So... yeah.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#38 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

Me too, I love this portrayal of Wonder Woman :smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users