54173 replies to this topic

#51681 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:41 AM

And let's not forget Naruto Nardo did not even work that hard to Hokage. Kakashi handed him the position because he got bored of it/didn't like the position anymore. Naruto's life goal was an cheating, freebie hand-me-down. and like I said, "the hard work to become hokage" part came from the mouth of "Naruto" who was one of if not THE biggest academic slacker of his generation. Reallly when you go back on it a lot of the so called themes and messages lose their charm and meaning .

and on the romance aspect, BECAUSE first loves and because someone is "hot and sexy" is TRUE LOVE!!!!! BELIEVE IT!!!!!! :lmao:    :zaru: Sasuke is "hot and sexy". Hinata is "hot and sexy" (to her fanatics only). And also Sakura always loved Sasuke and Hinata always loved Naruto :th_yeah: :laughcry:

Promotion for the Last. Remember, they wanted asses in the seat in Japan and Kakashi is the most popular character over there. Him as hokage for the last movie? Is a gangbuster idea right there.

The problem is the last made it seem that Naruto wasn't working towards becoming Hokage after the war ended, with the novel and the anime adapting those novels not helping. Since, the only thing he does in those is set up nH.

Kakashi was the seat-warmer.

It makes me wonder why, if for any reason at all, we loved the series in the first place. Naruto came out at the most opportune time when any anime in the states gained popularity, even the bad ones, but now times have changed and well the standards have become different.

Yet people still hold onto the idea that Naruto is a "good" story. Not because it actually is, but because of that nostalgia factor. The fact that most "fans" can't remember any of it just proves this. This is also why Boruto is failing because THAT series is in an era where the original fans grew up and are now watching better anime and the newest generations really don't give any kittens. Seriously, I conversed with kids of the latest generation and they are nowhere NEAR the fandoms are now. Barely anyone I know younger than me is into anime or games. It is a generation dark ages. (Yet, they think Rap music is the only "culture" that exists)

Now we have anime that actually have plot, characters, development, and love relationships that actually have meaning and purpose other than "this goes here. squirt."

Naruto is just....bad. It really is a bad story that had some good ideas and was blown apart by a fandom that care very little for anything else.

I think I said this one. Naruto is the marijuana of anime. Its a gateway anime that introduces you to the genre. If you only watch it, it the greatest thing ever. If you watch other anime; its OK.

#51682 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:53 AM

I think the false marketing phrase the "epic conclusion to team 7's bonds" (or something along those lines) would have done that already don't you think? That was the fake selling point wasn't it? :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 March 2020 - 07:00 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51683 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 27 March 2020 - 04:25 PM

I think the false marketing phrase the "epic conclusion to team 7's bonds" (or something along those lines) would have done that already don't you think. That was the fake selling point wasn't it? :zaru:

That whole movie was fake marketing

#51684 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 04:39 PM

That whole movie was fake marketing

Its why Studio Pierrot had theaters refuse to give refunds when people realized they got conned by the so-called plot of the movie... XP

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 27 March 2020 - 04:39 PM.

#51685 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:59 PM

Exactly. So that's why "The Last" actually had a good opening night apparently, but after that it completely bombed and nose dived :yes: and again we have those here that attest to that, but evidence has been deleted and covered up. Trust me though, we are not making any of this up.

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 April 2020 - 11:07 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51686 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:44 PM

Last night I was watching a twitch streamer and I don't know how, but the conversation in the chat somehow ended up about Naruto and Burrito and The Last Retcon and for the first time in while I actually was pleased with what I saw outside of this forum, granted to be honest I don't venture outside this forum to find Naruto related things, but still.

Every single person thought that Burrito is a waste of time and it shouldn't exist. The Last Retcon is idiotic and it makes no sense whatsoever how they forced that romance and guess what it was coming from people who liked Hinata. While Naruto lost it when ninjas started to cause massive explosions with the capacity to destroy mountains.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#51687 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:19 PM

Last night I was watching a twitch streamer and I don't know how, but the conversation in the chat somehow ended up about Naruto and Burrito and The Last Retcon and for the first time in while I actually was pleased with what I saw outside of this forum, granted to be honest I don't venture outside this forum to find Naruto related things, but still.

Every single person thought that Burrito is a waste of time and it shouldn't exist. The Last Retcon is idiotic and it makes no sense whatsoever how they forced that romance and guess what it was coming from people who liked Hinata. While Naruto lost it when ninjas started to cause massive explosions with the capacity to destroy mountains.

Big attacks I could get sometimes, but Naruto as a series took it too far in some cases for sure as things escalated, even with the idea of what chakra could allow one to do, such as stuff like when Kakashi and Zabuza used a massive amount of water from a river to be able to clash in the early part of the Land of Waves arc... but when they went Dragon Ball style, that took it too far in a lot of ways!

#51688 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:50 PM

Big attacks I could get sometimes, but Naruto as a series took it too far in some cases for sure as things escalated, even with the idea of what chakra could allow one to do, such as stuff like when Kakashi and Zabuza used a massive amount of water from a river to be able to clash in the early part of the Land of Waves arc... but when they went Dragon Ball style, that took it too far in a lot of ways!

Yeah the thing is you can excuse a lot of things if they somewhat make some sense because you can justify it. For example even though it doesn't make sense how the sharingan an eye ability can give someone the ability to create the susanoo, that can be excused because well the Naruto vs Sasuke fight had to happen at one point and Naruto had the Kyuubi so Sasuke had to get something to make the fight watchable and make sense. So you excuse that, you know it's stupid, but go along with it.

However other things are just so stupid that you look at them and wonder what they were smoking when they made this crap.

They tried to raise the stakes, but it just made things dumber and dumber with each new thing introduced.

At first there was the one single demon fox, then there was another monster that maybe had a connection to the fox, then there were 9 of them, ok so far so good.

Then there was another one that ruled them all. One ring to rule them all, oh wait wrong story. XD

This new one was actually all 9 of the monster combined and it was sealed in a giant rock created by the first shinobi, that giant rock become the moon. So there was no moon before? What effects does this giant rock now have on the Earth? Oh wait logic bad Nostradamus, real bad, must not use.

What am I reading here? Are we sure this is the story about a lonely ninja boy who wants acknowledgement?

Then this new monster was revealed to have been created from a magical giant tree that apparently came from space, then a princess came along and ate the magical forbidden fruit that the tree made and she magically got super powers and she somehow gave birth to 2 kids which doesn't look like there was a father, and those kids shared some of that power and she became evil and the tree somehow became the monster and wanted its fruit back and aliens. WTF?

And then reincarnations of the two grand kids of the princess's kids. And eye replacements by touching someone's head. And coming back from the dead to possess your friends body so they can create a magical chakra made monster to help defeat the princess that came back from something.

I mean there's only so much bs one can accept until they had enough.

Edited by Nostradamus, 28 March 2020 - 02:05 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#51689 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 09:36 PM

I think the false marketing phrase the "epic conclusion to team 7's bonds" (or something along those lines) would have done that already don't you think? That was the fake selling point wasn't it? :zaru:

Byron: Its why Studio Pierrot had theaters refuse to give refunds when people realized they got conned by the so-called plot of the movie... XP

Phantom:Exactly. So that's why "The Last" actually had a good opening night apparently, but after that it completely bombed and nose dived :yes: and again we have those here that attest to that, but evidence has been deleted and covered up, but trust me we are not making any of this up.

The last was sold as the final mission of team seven and with sakura petals whenever the romance was talked about. So, most of the japanese fanbase assumed that it was the last hurrah of team 7 with Kakashi as hokage, and Naruto and Sakura getting together to make it as big as possible. So, people pre-order tickets with that expectation. Then the ending happened. Some people wanted a refund but didn't get it. While other went and saw it. I recall a person on tumbler who said they were a NS fan in Japan that her husband & his friends who were nH fans saw it, and when he came home he was against the pairing do to how awful the movie was. It did well the first weekend due to pre-orders and the fact that Monday was a holiday after that it dropped every week. Still did better there than anywhere else.

What stream?

Naruto hasn't really been popular to talk about publicly since about 2012 in the states. Since, then it was mainly just used to reference anime or as a reference to a popular anime. Not helped by the ending, the decline in quality, being taken off the air, and a sequel. Also, other anime supplanting it: MHA, One Punch Man, Dead Man wonderland, Kill La Kill, Attack of Titans, Fariy Tail, and dragonball super. Not help by the Boruto anime mostly filler with the main highlight being when they turned the Boruto movie into episodes, and the Boruto manga slow pacing. Boruto doesn't have the protection Naruto once had as the biggest anime, nor its popularity, and honestly isn't often talked about anyways.

For me, when team four star's lani and grant talking about it was the first time I saw anyone on the internet talk about it that wasn't doing a video on it. and all they were doing is saying the got bored of the anime due to the filler and feeling the character weren't earning their powers.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 28 March 2020 - 01:44 AM.

#51690 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:05 AM

@Bail o' Lies

I was watching Dartigan. If you ever seen or got recommended on YouTube the Everything wrong with x game videos, he's the one that does them.

Edited by Nostradamus, 28 March 2020 - 12:06 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#51691 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:18 PM

I just wanna wish a happy birthday to Sakura Uzumaki and Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#51692 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:53 PM

Its why Studio Pierrot had theaters refuse to give refunds when people realized they got conned by the so-called plot of the movie... XP

I know I've asked James about that

#51693 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:56 PM

@Bail o' Lies
I was watching Dartigan. If you ever seen or got recommended on YouTube the Everything wrong with x game videos, he's the one that does them.

he is good at sins wish someone would do a the last sins video

I just wanna wish a happy birthday to Sakura Uzumaki and Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

I've been so busy I forgot it was there birthday  

The last was sold as the final mission of team seven and with sakura petals whenever the romance was talked about. So, most of the japanese fanbase assumed that it was the last hurrah of team 7 with Kakashi as hokage, and Naruto and Sakura getting together to make it as big as possible. So, people pre-order tickets with that expectation. Then the ending happened. Some people wanted a refund but didn't get it. While other went and saw it. I recall a person on tumbler who said they were a NS fan in Japan that her husband & his friends who were nH fans saw it, and when he came home he was against the pairing do to how awful the movie was. It did well the first weekend due to pre-orders and the fact that Monday was a holiday after that it dropped every week. Still did better there than anywhere else.

What stream?

Naruto hasn't really been popular to talk about publicly since about 2012 in the states. Since, then it was mainly just used to reference anime or as a reference to a popular anime. Not helped by the ending, the decline in quality, being taken off the air, and a sequel. Also, other anime supplanting it: MHA, One Punch Man, Dead Man wonderland, Kill La Kill, Attack of Titans, Fariy Tail, and dragonball super. Not help by the Boruto anime mostly filler with the main highlight being when they turned the Boruto movie into episodes, and the Boruto manga slow pacing. Boruto doesn't have the protection Naruto once had as the biggest anime, nor its popularity, and honestly isn't often talked about anyways.

For me, when team four star's lani and grant talking about it was the first time I saw anyone on the internet talk about it that wasn't doing a video on it. and all they were doing is saying the got bored of the anime due to the filler and feeling the character weren't earning their powers.

When did lani and grant talk about that?

#51694 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:40 PM

he is good at sins wish someone would do a the last sins video

I've been so busy I forgot it was there birthday   When did lani and grant talk about that?

Some dragon ball (not z because they were in white's tower) lets play I talk about about in the Boruto anime thread. About a year or two ago... TFS play dragonball advance adventure part four.

#51695 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:03 AM

Some dragon ball (not z because they were in white's tower) lets play I talk about about in the Boruto anime thread. About a year or two ago... TFS play dragonball advance adventure part four.

Wait I remember that they were talking about chocho.

#51696 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:46 AM

Wait I remember that they were talking about chocho.

And overall, Chocho was the straw that broke the camels back for them both.

#51697 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:36 AM

And overall, Chocho was the straw that broke the camels back for them both.

Then I heard it

#51698 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:05 PM

Has anyone been in contact with firstevil100 lately I'm worried he hasn't gotten back to me in a bit.

#51699 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:16 PM

Has anyone been in contact with firstevil100 lately I'm worried he hasn't gotten back to me in a bit.

I dunno. I hope everyone is OK while all of this stuff is going on in the world with the pandemic and all...

#51700 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:25 PM

I dunno. I hope everyone is OK while all of this stuff is going on in the world with the pandemic and all...

Well he answered me and said he's got a cold.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users