#26901 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 07:07 PM

You just reminded me of Linkara.

He's not wrong. That's pretty much the argument I use too. It's weird how much that series stuck to Aquaman like glue while others got off scott free. Wonder Woman didn't exactly get a great showing either, frequently captured, brainwashed or under threat of marryin' by Darkseid. Black Manta was useless. What did Scarecrow and Riddler even do except screw up?

bd5.jpg

#26902 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 07:48 PM

I attribute that to Kishi ALWAYS self-contradicting himself just for the sake of drama. Naruto had to come from a special clan because he had to be Sasukes equal and the Hashirama/Madara compirisons has to be literal. The Uchiha must be really reviled and disgraced for a source of drama but Sasuke is Kishis creators pet angel baby, so then they wind up as sociopaths, but passionate sociopaths that love too much! And so on. I think that the creator of this manga himself wants both ways and is disillusioned by his characters more than any fan will ever be, truth be told.

And the hypocrisy / double standards also shows itself there too. Pro-enders are totally on board with the literal parallels and overlapping of Hashirama / Madara to Naruto / Sasuke, but continue to insist and support the idea that the also-blatant overlapping of Jiraiya / Tsunade and Minato / Kushina to Naruto / Sakura is "just a red herring".

He's not wrong. That's pretty much the argument I use too. It's weird how much that series stuck to Aquaman like glue while others got off scott free. Wonder Woman didn't exactly get a great showing either, frequently captured, brainwashed or under threat of marryin' by Darkseid. Black Manta was useless. What did Scarecrow and Riddler even do except screw up?

And let's not forget the Adam West-style Batman and Robin.

2e5.gif

#26903 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:41 PM

Boruto's really got the Dragonball GT problem. It doesn't come off as particularly legitimate because the original author is barely involved. Boruto's arguably got it even worse, since a ton of people didn't like the ending of its parent series. Some people like the Buu saga and some people don't, but I don't recall people outright trashing it. At most, I saw people who thought it was okay, but should have ended at Cell or Frieza.

I'm not going to lie though, if they got desperate and jutsu'd Naruto to be younger and hang out with his descendant I'd actually kind of love it in a "so bad it's good" way.

It actually worst since GT was pretty much the after the end of the story, and because it was that -with Toriyama approval- they were allowed to do whatever they wanted which allowed them to come up with some interesting concepts; that weren't well executed: Hey what if the nameless namkeian created a set of dragonballs before he split himself that are stronger the the original dragonball but come at terrible price, hey what if since Goku is the strongest being in the universe we reduce him to a kid so some fights may actually be challenging to him, hey what if Goku and friends had to travel around the galaxy to hunt for dragonballs this time since the hunt for the dragonball is now-a-days just a half and hour of work for them, hey what if the truffels -the race the sayjin exterminated- came back for revenge but since they are all gone their legacy is this dangerous android, hey what if we created a new Super Sajyin form by adding the power of the great ape, and hey what if the gang was force to fight evil dragon because of the gangs overuses of the dragonball to solve all their problems.

Even Super has some freedom because it is equal to the manga as they are both given a plot outline from Toriyama, and then allowed to make up the story as they wish.

The Boruto anime doesn't have the freedom of either Super or GT. They are bound to the Boruto manga. And so, they have to make filler till they can finally adapt what the manga has spent the last fifteen months writing. Naruto will die in order to add more drama to Bolt's story; that is his fate.

So, Boruto's popularity is an illusion for the most part. This explains so much.

Well people are watching it because they are hoping that it will eventually be as good as Naruto. Which is unlikely due to the fact that Boruto had already peaked at the chunin exam. It was the last Kishimoto story they had. So all they have left is the anime staff writing that even at its best will always come of as filler, and the two clowns are so slow it does matter what quality the writing has.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 January 2019 - 02:07 PM.

#26904 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:11 AM

Naruto will die in order to add more drama to Bolt's story; that is his fate.

I'm not super sad about that on a certain level for a couple reasons. Part of it's because dude doesn't even seem like Naruto anymore. But more because I just kind of accept that as the Heroes Journey. Usually there's a mentor or important figure in their life who fails or falls, leaving it to the next generation. Even Naruto itself did it. It sucks he might die to go that direction - I don't think it's necessary for them to die, but plenty of fiction goes in that direction - but it's just how stories work and the only reason we care here rather than some fresh story with no preceding one is because we know who Naruto is and at the very least had an attachment to him at some point.

As annoyed as I am about what he became and how his life turned out, I'm finding an odd fascination with Naruto in regards to his Boruto portrayal. The idea has been running through my head the past day or so about how an interesting short fic could be made about how crushingly real his situation seems. Like, not related to NaruSaku or pairings or anything, just generally. He's been caught under the weight of the responsibility that came with a dream he never really understood or grasped the weight of. His absence and unwillingness to do more than send a clone for important family functions, his treatment of his son, all of it suggests a man stuck with a family he's realized he didn't want and uses work to escape. His son hates him. It rolls through my head that Naruto might have ended up the kind of person who, in his most private moments, wonders where the hell he went wrong in his life, which choices he made he regretted, and maybe even looks back fondly to days long past, and how maybe something could be written about a man trapped in a life he can't escape anymore. Extra points if he does die in canon, where even more could be made out of the lead up to that.

hey what if we created a new Super Sajyin form by adding the power of the great ape

Ugh. SSJ4. I thought it looked stupid the very moment I saw it for the first time. What an awful, ugly design.

and hey what if the gang was force to fight evil dragon because of the gangs overuses of the dragonball to solve all their problems.

Of all the ideas that GT had, this was the one I thought actually had merit, because it plays heavily into something that has been there since the start and actually works it so there are grave consequences for overuse no one knew about it.

It was just stuck in a show that was not great.

bd5.jpg

#26905 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:31 AM

Well people are watching it because they are hoping that it will eventually be as good as Naruto. Which is unlikely due to the fact that Boruto had already peaked at the chunin exam. It was the last Kishimoto story they had. So all they have left is the anime staff writing that even at its best will always come of as filler, and the two clowns are so slow it does matter what quality the writing has.

Right, but the fact that people are "waiting for it to get good" is a sign that it is not good. People actually don't like the Boruto series as a whole and are waiting for it to pick up. Like I said, "its popularity is an illusion" the numbers only say how many people are watching...not how many people like it.

I mean, The Transformers movies make some big bucks, but people dis a lot on Michael Bay for them being crappy movies.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26906 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:39 AM

I mean, The Transformers movies make some big bucks, but people dis a lot on Michael Bay for them being crappy movies.

Michael Bay's so damn weird. He hates his audience and that hatred comes through in every movie he makes. But people go see them. I suspect, with Transformers, it's just general audiences that drove those. I've yet to meet a Transformers fan who liked them. Hell, I tapped out after the second one. No amount of nostalgia was getting me to watch any more past that.

bd5.jpg

#26907 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:45 PM

I thought it was pretty obvious that Boruto's popularity was more or less an illusion. They keep having to change show times in Japan for the anime and the manga keeps shoving it in people's faces that the Boruto anime is SUPER POPULAR #1 in every chapter. It's like they're trying to convince themselves. I think they all know they messed up big time with the ending and are just trying to desperately change people's minds. But it's not working. 

I can really only hope one day Kishimoto will come out later and be like "Yeah, that wasn't the ending I was going for." Alas, that's just a dream for now.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#26908 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:45 PM

I thought it was pretty obvious that Boruto's popularity was more or less an illusion. They keep having to change show times in Japan for the anime and the manga keeps shoving it in people's faces that the Boruto anime is SUPER POPULAR #1 in every chapter. It's like they're trying to convince themselves. I think they all know they messed up big time with the ending and are just trying to desperately change people's minds. But it's not working.

Not to mention over here in the US, Toonami not only acquired Boruto earlier while Shippuden is not even done with its dubbed airing (its currently on the Sea Filler towards the Turtle Island). Plus, they keep changing time slots very early to get ratings for proof of popularity.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#26909 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:51 AM

Right, but the fact that people are "waiting for it to get good" is a sign that it is not good. People actually don't like the Boruto series as a whole and are waiting for it to pick up. Like I said, "its popularity is an illusion" the numbers only say how many people are watching...not how many people like it.

The fact it's still not good after almost two years is the most damning thing of all. How many shows have started and finished within that time, only having a dozen or two episodes to tell their entire story?

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#26910 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:32 PM

The fact it's still not good after almost two years is the most damning thing of all. How many shows have started and finished within that time, only having a dozen or two episodes to tell their entire story?

Much better shows that tell a much better story and character development at that.

As I brought up before, look at the anime, New Game!. Two seasons of 12 episodes and you got a character, Hifumi Takimoto, who starts off arguably WORSE than Hinatatas in the shy department (unable to vocally communicate with others; does so via the company's instant messenger instead) who goes from that to, while not turning a 180 into an extrovert, is not only vocally speaking to others without any problem, but is even seen as good enough to lead a team for new video game projects by the managers and such. And all this takes place over maybe a little over a couple years or so.

Even now, as an "adult", I still can't see how anyone could possibly trust Hinatatas to lead anything much less entrust their lives to her. Heck, the way the spawn walk all over her shows that she couldn't even be an Academy teacher leading children.

2e5.gif

#26911 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:35 PM

Much better shows that tell a much better story and character development at that.

As I brought up before, look at the anime, New Game!. Two seasons of 12 episodes and you got a character, Hifumi Takimoto, who starts off arguably WORSE than Hinatatas in the shy department (unable to vocally communicate with others; does so via the company's instant messenger instead) who goes from that to, while not turning a 180 into an extrovert, is not only vocally speaking to others without any problem, but is even seen as good enough to lead a team for new video game projects by the managers and such. And all this takes place over maybe a little over a couple years or so.

Even now, as an "adult", I still can't see how anyone could possibly trust Hinatatas to lead anything much less entrust their lives to her. Heck, the way the spawn walk all over her shows that she couldn't even be an Academy teacher leading children.

Considering Hinata was willing to ditch Boruto and Himawari when they needed her to "save" Naruto, yeah, that last part is a prime example of how Hinata being "rewarded" for being a "fan favorite" backfires spectacularly and continues to do so in too many ways, even if I don't give a damn about what happens with the Naruto canon anymore.

#26912 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:35 AM

Or look at SSSS Gridman. A 12 episode anime, targetted at otaku, that ended up being the sequel to a 25 year old tokusatsu series. That series ended up being pretty popular despite all of that.

Not to mention how they handled Akane. Rather than spend time giving us reasons WHY she acts the way she does, instead the show focused on addressing HOW she acts. She's running away from the real world for an unspecified reason, something related to her having difficulty connecting with others. She throws away her old appearance (making Rikka, her BFF that lives in a junk shop), and creates a virtual world where everyone loves her. And when she doesn't like how someone acts, she has a kaiju kill them and when the damage is reset people's memories are altered. It's only the people who have deviated from their initial programming how notice this, and serve to oppose her.

Yeah, she's pitiful. She's a murderous control freak who flipped out when things didn't go her way. And the show stresses how wrong that is. How wrong it is to make everyone unconditionally love you or fit into the role you want for them. Even with their programming saying to never hate her, the protagonists still oppose her. Sure, they want to save her as well but they realize just how wrong she is. Even Anti, a Kaiju she made to rival Gridman and treated horribly he failed, goes the distance to save her (and him not allowing anyone else to defeat Gridman eventually turns into him fighting to protect Gridman as Gridknight). In the end, while she may not be the best person Akane is still a good character.

They had every opportunity to develop Hinata, but instead they twisted the setting to suit her wishes. SSSS Gridman pretty much serves as the argument why she is so crap and why what happened to Naruto is so wrong.

Edited by RulesofNature, 01 January 2019 - 12:38 AM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#26913 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:11 PM

I'll make this simple. Think of the worst fictional character you can ever think of and Hinata Hyuga sinks to a standard even below that because no other fictional character has a cult SO HORNY about him/her that they demand that the very story that character is set in be RETCONNED ENTIRELY just to suit the wants of that particular character and that those idiots actually succeeded. :down:  :dry:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 February 2019 - 06:16 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26914 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

I can really only hope one day Kishimoto will come out later and be like "Yeah, that wasn't the ending I was going for." Alas, that's just a dream for now.

Yeah, it is pretty obvious, but it is always nice to have proof to the ammunition. I mean, honestly, how much stuff was obvious in the manga and yet people deny it all.

You don't know how many times I had to prove Naruto admitted he loved Sakura. Even going to far to provide the actual panel and they still deny it.

I'll make this simple. Think of the worst fictional character you can ever think of and Hinata Hyuga sinks to a standard even below that because no other fictional character has a cult  SO HORNY about him/her that they demand that the very story that character is set in be RETCONNED ENTIRELY just to suit the wants of that particular character and that those idiots actually succeeded. :down:  :dry:  

Hinata to me is the worst fictional character ever. Noone can top..(Or bottom I guess?)...her in terms of just being the most overhyped, overrated, character in existence. I have seen some badly written characters, but she just takes the cake.

Hinata's biggest achievement is getting with the main character and having kids with him. She is no known for anything else.

Hinata is bad that I can literally describe her entire character in one word: "Naruto-kun"
Her goals, her ambitions, her talents, everything: "Naruto-kun."

Think about...take any trait Hinata has and see how it all leads up to Naruto.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 01 January 2019 - 08:06 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26915 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:31 AM

Congratulations Hinata. You make Scrappy-Doo, Jar Jar Binks, Brian Griffin and the Garbage Pail kids look likeable in comparison.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#26916 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:27 PM

Hinata to me is the worst fictional character ever. Noone can top..(Or bottom I guess?)...her in terms of just being the most overhyped, overrated, character in existence. I have seen some badly written characters, but she just takes the cake.

Hinata's biggest achievement is getting with the main character and having kids with him. She is no known for anything else.

Hinata is bad that I can literally describe her entire character in one word: "Naruto-kun"
Her goals, her ambitions, her talents, everything: "Naruto-kun."

Think about...take any trait Hinata has and see how it all leads up to Naruto.

The Irony of that is that her cult worshipers ONLY  over hype and over rate her BECAUSE they want her to be the one Naruto marries and impregnates, and nothing else. It's really laughable truth be told¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They don't think she is amazing or is actually even that great of a character they are just saying she is entitled to Naruto because she was the only one not picking on him or showing out right hate for his guts so she is a "perfect angel" in their eyes.  They KNEW THE STATUS QUO, they were just very vocal about changing it to suit their bias 

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 January 2019 - 04:15 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26917 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:01 AM

The Irony of that is that her cult worshipers ONLY  over hype and over rate her BECAUSE they want her to be the one Naruto marries and impregnates, and nothing else. It's really laughable truth be told¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They don't think she is amazing or is actually even that great of a character they are just saying she is entitled to Naruto because she was the onlyone not picking on him or showing out right hate for his guts so she is a "perfect angel" in their eyes.  They KNEW THE STATUS QUO, they were just very vocal about changing it to suit their bias 

That's the sad disposition. Again, going to back to the whole "It's not a romance manga" argument...Naruto may not be a true romance manga, but damn all if they didn't try to make it one. From her fanbase here in the states to the fanbase that sit in the high chairs in Studio Pierrot. All they thought about was her obsession with Naruto. Ask them what their favorite scene with Hinata in it was and 10 times out of 10 they will say her Pein Arc confession. I am not even sure if it because that is all they cared about or that is her only on screen development. I take that back, it is definitely both.

That is her only development.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26918 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:18 AM

They don't think she is amazing or is actually even that great of a character they are just saying she is entitled to Naruto because she was the onlyone not picking on him or showing out right hate for his guts so she is a "perfect angel" in their eyes.  They KNEW THE STATUS QUO, they were just very vocal about changing it to suit their bias 

No they want her to be "THEIRS" not Narutos .... they self insert themselves into Naruto , they think "I AM NARUTO" , that's why they said Hinata should be with Naruto. They invade Naruto brain , soul and body , so who Naruto want to be no longer matter. If Naruto and Hinata exist in real world do you think they still gonna say Naruto should be with Hinata ???  NO WAY!! , the word changes from "NARUTO SHOULD BE WITH HINATA" into "SHES MINE!!! MY PRECIOUS!!!! HINATA SHOULD BE WITH ME!!!".

I know how crazy these people are , they are delusional and they choose to believe a lies even though they know the truth. It's like people who smoke and using drugs said "If i can stop i want to stop" .... THAT'S A F-ING LIES , you can stop doing drugs and smoke!!!. I realize that these people are too far gone , better ignore them , they gonna pull you down there into their madness.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#26919 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:26 AM

No they want her to be "THEIRS" not Narutos .... they self insert themselves into Naruto , they think "I AM NARUTO" , that's why they said Hinata should be with Naruto. They invade Naruto brain , soul and body , so who Naruto want to be no longer matter. If Naruto and Hinata exist in real world do you think they still gonna say Naruto should be with Hinata ???  NO WAY!! , the word changes from "NARUTO SHOULD BE WITH HINATA" into "SHES MINE!!! MY PRECIOUS!!!! HINATA SHOULD BE WITH ME!!!".

I know how crazy these people are , they are delusional and they choose to believe a lies even though they know the truth. It's like people who smoke and using drugs said "If i can stop i want to stop" .... THAT'S A F-ING LIES , you can stop doing drugs and smoke!!!. I realize that these people are too far gone , better ignore them , they gonna pull you down there into their madness.

Makes me wonder if Hinata was in love or had the hots for someone else, what would they think? Would they support on the off chance that Hinata had the hots for Sasuke?

Maybe that's how you tell the difference.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26920 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:15 AM

Recently, I've been able to put another character next to her, but since it's not Naruto related, I won't say. Needless to say, they're very much Hinata-esque in terms of (lack of) personality, circling their existence around the guy they have feelings for, terrible tragic backstory, adored by 99% of the fans for very little reason aside from "aww, poor baby" "look at her go <3" "she's so cuteee".

I really don't like these kind of characters. Hinata is the queen of them, but she has her subjects and twins.  :mellow:

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users