Close
Photo

The NEW NaruSaku Debate Thread

• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#46761 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:21 AM

The guy was carrying his scratched headband for like 3-4 years. Not to mention he based all his training on saving Sasuke, and let himself get consumed by the 9 tails for Sasuke. And people like Gaara, Itachi, Sai and even Sasuke himself have asked Naruto why he would go so far to save someone like him. Honestly, Kishimoto should've renamed the Manga to Sasuke and company. I would understand completely if they were "actual" siblings or at least knew each other for years, growing up close.

I've seen a LOT of anime, manga, movies, series etc, but yes Naruto has the worst ending out of all of em. No it's not just the pairings. Pro-fans need to stop using that excuse. The story began to die way earlier it just reached it's total crapcakeness around 2010.

Man, Curse, you nailed some great points here.

As for endings I've seen, Naruto really did have one of the worst endings I've seen from a manga. And I knew and felt the ending for Negima! as rushed as it was wa spretty crappy too if it couldn't even show and tell us s tuff until UQ Holder.

#46762 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:05 AM

I finished writing the story I mentioned earlier in the thread:

It's post 699. Sakura realizes that being with Sasuke probably isn't the best thing for her. After all, he's never going to be around. And she can tell that he isn't the type to make her a priority. She's smart so she eventually realizes this. Right? Sakura was portrayed as being a smart character.

So she approaches Naruto. But he's not willing to accept her under these circumstances. This rejection makes her realize she lost Naruto a long time ago. That's not much of a surprise for her, they had been growing distant. What is a surprise is the effect that revelation has on her. Naruto eventually learns that he really screwed up in the Land of Iron, and they work it out eventually. It was originally going to be just a one-shot because i wanted to deal with chapter 699 Sakura(It was based on a crappy story where Naruto loses it and attacks Sakura... the characterization was about as good as the Kage Summit) but someone suggested I continue it.

I was going to write a rant about Sakura here, but it ended up being way too long, so I think I will make a thread about the issue in the general forum instead.

#46763 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:03 PM

Oh please. I still don't understand why people think Itachi is that powerful. There are only statements of him defeating Orochimaru and the like and him whooping Sasuke's ass.

I bet you Gai could have killed Itachi faster than he wrecked Kisame. I don't understand this mindset that people have regarding Itachi and Madara. Like they're some kind of unbeatable badasses.

Well, to be fair and to give the guy credit...he did fight his brother Sasuke while being mostly blind while being extremely sick to the point that he should have been dead, but through sheer will power stayed alive long enough.

Sasuke didn't even beat Itachi. Itachi dropped dead.

I know this doesn't say much, but considering that Itachi basically had every handicap against him and Sasuke still couldn't match him either proves how good Itachi was or how bad Sasuke is.

It's like how Goku couldn't beat Cell. I know people want to think GOku is all powerful and all, but we many fans forget that Goku couldn't beat Cell and had trouble fighting Buu and needed tons of help with that one. Even now in the tournament he is getting his ass handed to him by Universe 6s Saiyans.

By the way, I saw this in my travels
2uzrymx.jpg

By the way, Spoiler....Ichigo lost to Naruto in Death Battle.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 08 November 2017 - 07:59 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#46764 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:44 PM

Well, to be fair and to give the guy credit...he did fight his brother Sasuke while being mostly blind while being extremely sick to the point that he should have been dead, but through sheer will power stayed alive long enough.

I know this doesn't say much, but considering that Itachi basically had every handicap against him and Sasuke still couldn't match him either proves how good Itachi was or how bad Sasuke is.

It's like how Goku couldn't beat Cell. I know people want to think GOku is all powerful and all, but we many fans forget that Goku couldn't beat Cell and had trouble fighting Buu and needed tons of help with that one. Even now in the tournament he is getting his ass handed to him by Universe 6s Saiyans.

2uzrymx.jpg

Also Goku tends to let his guard down, I have lost count how many times that has happened in the torment

Ah Dang it, still did find how they explained the powers funny, though I wished they used the 3D animation also it felt rushed the fight

#46765 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

2uzrymx.jpg

It's not so much about Goku losing (some of his best fights are ones he has lost), but that Caulifla, Kale and Kefla are mary sue characters with zero imagination put into them. Learning super saiyan 1 and 2 in two seconds? Lol, that is dumb. I loathe these characters, but I loathe Jiren even more. Worst DB villain in all three series for me. The dude's ONLY characteristic is "having a huge power level." That's silly and a clear attempt to exploit the part of the fandom that only cares about bigger numbers as opposed to actual storytelling.

Spot on videos:

And this one:

https://youtu.be/BwGKF8_RO28

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 08 November 2017 - 10:16 PM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#46766 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

Also Goku tends to let his guard down, I have lost count how many times that has happened in the torment

This is another reason why I find Superman able to beat him. Goku loses focus, he gets hurt or worse he dies. Superman loses focus and really he just gets kocked back.

It's not so much about Goku losing (some of his best fights are ones he has lost), but that Caulifla, Kale and Kefla are mary sue characters with zero imagination put into them. Learning super saiyan 1 and 2 in two seconds? Lol, that is dumb. I loathe these characters, but I loathe Jiren even more. Worst DB villain in all three series for me. The dude's ONLY characteristic is "having a huge power level." That's silly and a clear attempt to exploit the part of the fandom that only cares about bigger numbers as opposed to actual storytelling.

Dragonball has this problem across the board, not just with what happened recently. Same with Naruto. The fights have to get bigger and more flashy. Naruto suffered charaterization for the sake of "Micheal Bay-ized" action as I like to call it. Like I said, while Dragonball can get away with this because the whole series is just about fighting, Naruto suffered most from it. Goku has always been shallow of a character: "I fight because it is fun and I like to challenge myself." You don't see Goku dealing with existenialism, grey ares, suicide jumpers, or anything beyond actual fighting.

To me, this is why Freeza is always Goku's greatest villain because he actually IS a villain. He wasn't created just to fight Goku like the Andriods were and he wasn't just a being that just so happened to exist in the universe. He had character and depth. For a while he rulled the galaxy with an iron fist and took over planets without even trying more often than not. Freeza and Goku is like Batman and Joker. Sometimes it is the villain that makes the hero. Heck, while Freeza even won a battle against Goku rather easily and if not for Whis interferring....Goku wouldn't even be able to stand up.

I think what makes Dragonball cheap nowadays is not the OP antagonists, but rather the fact that Goku seems to win or survive by a cop-out.

Watch this video and see what I mean. It's called "The Escalation problem."

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#46767 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:00 PM

Well, both series were supposed to end way, way before they actually did. The author didn't have reasonable escalation in mind to progress past a certain point. Freeza for DB and Pain (probably) for Naruto.

Edited by DrK, 08 November 2017 - 11:01 PM.

#46768 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:18 AM

The guy was carrying his scratched headband for like 3-4 years. Not to mention he based all his training on saving Sasuke, and let himself get consumed by the 9 tails for Sasuke. And people like Gaara, Itachi, Sai and even Sasuke himself have asked Naruto why he would go so far to save someone like him. Honestly, Kishimoto should've renamed the Manga to Sasuke and company. I would understand completely if they were "actual" siblings or at least knew each other for years, growing up close.

I've seen a LOT of anime, manga, movies, series etc, but yes Naruto has the worst ending out of all of em. No it's not just the pairings. Pro-fans need to stop using that excuse. The story began to die way earlier it just reached it's total crapcakeness around 2010.

Honestly if Naruto was a Yaoi his obsession with sasuke would've made more sense

This is another reason why I find Superman able to beat him. Goku loses focus, he gets hurt or worse he dies. Superman loses focus and really he just gets kocked back.

Dragonball has this problem across the board, not just with what happened recently. Same with Naruto. The fights have to get bigger and more flashy. Naruto suffered charaterization for the sake of "Micheal Bay-ized" action as I like to call it. Like I said, while Dragonball can get away with this because the whole series is just about fighting, Naruto suffered most from it. Goku has always been shallow of a character: "I fight because it is fun and I like to challenge myself." You don't see Goku dealing with existenialism, grey ares, suicide jumpers, or anything beyond actual fighting.

To me, this is why Freeza is always Goku's greatest villain because he actually IS a villain. He wasn't created just to fight Goku like the Andriods were and he wasn't just a being that just so happened to exist in the universe. He had character and depth. For a while he rulled the galaxy with an iron fist and took over planets without even trying more often than not. Freeza and Goku is like Batman and Joker. Sometimes it is the villain that makes the hero. Heck, while Freeza even won a battle against Goku rather easily and if not for Whis interferring....Goku wouldn't even be able to stand up.

I think what makes Dragonball cheap nowadays is not the OP antagonists, but rather the fact that Goku seems to win or survive by a cop-out.

Watch this video and see what I mean. It's called "The Escalation problem."

Not to mention his obession of fighting people at their strongest even when his friends or the world is in danger.

Honestly I'm more hyped about anyone that in't goku and to a lesser case vegeta when I watch Super, I'd rather see hit and Jiren

By the way Nostalgia Critic has done a review on the dragon ball evlotion movie

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 09 November 2017 - 12:19 AM.

#46769 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:41 AM

By the way, I saw this in my travels2uzrymx.jpg

Should have guessed naruto would win he's to op. The Naruto Fandom must be so kittening happy.

#46770 Shashank95

Shashank95

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, writing and reading. Love playing sports, especially Basketball, futbol and Table Tennis.

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:54 AM

2uzrymx.jpg

Death battle have been proven to be crap at analyzing characters. Universe 6 saiyans have been stated to have more potential than the saiyans we've known. That's the entire reason they have been jumping Saiyan levels so fast. And Goku was handling both Kaulifla and Kale after he fought with Jiren. He was holding them off well enough till they used Potara. Potara is OP AF and I don't get how Kefla getting one punch in makes Goku weak or needing help to beat them.

tumblr_inline_okp5x4EZXE1u7313d_540.png

#46771 Shashank95

Shashank95

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, writing and reading. Love playing sports, especially Basketball, futbol and Table Tennis.

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:04 AM

Should have guessed naruto would win he's to op. The Naruto Fandom must be so kittening happy.

Put Naruto against characters outside of the HST and he gets murder stomped in a few seconds.

4220043-6066399561-42179.png

This monkey would blitz the entire Naruto-verse before anyone could even blink and kill them all. Yes, even Kaguya and her family of murder demons.

893fb511dde9219a838d50ef691c3bd7335ba43d

This man would just freeze the movement of the entire planet with a simple knock and proceed to flick of the heads of Naruto characters.

Naruto is pathetically weak in the grander scheme of things.

Edited by Shashank95, 09 November 2017 - 01:04 AM.

tumblr_inline_okp5x4EZXE1u7313d_540.png

#46772 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:06 AM

Put Naruto against characters outside of the HST and he gets murder stomped in a few seconds.
 4220043-6066399561-42179.png
This monkey would blitz the entire Naruto-verse before anyone could even blink and kill them all. Yes, even Kaguya and her family of murder demons.

893fb511dde9219a838d50ef691c3bd7335ba43d

This man would just freeze the movement of the entire planet with a simple knock and proceed to flick of the heads of Naruto characters.
Naruto is pathetically weak in the grander scheme of things.

Or my version of ichgio who is way stronger but would take too long to explain it. Also Darkseid, thanos, hiei, galactus, the anti-monitor.

#46773 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:34 AM

Honestly if Naruto was a Yaoi his obsession with sasuke would've made more sense

Not to mention his obession of fighting people at their strongest even when his friends or the world is in danger.
Honestly I'm more hyped about anyone that in't goku and to a lesser case vegeta when I watch Super, I'd rather see hit and Jiren
By the way Nostalgia Critic has done a review on the dragon ball evlotion movie

Will he ever review the last?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#46774 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:39 AM

Ah Dang it, still did find how they explained the powers funny, though I wished they used the 3D animation also it felt rushed the fight

Heck, Goku was almost killed by a simple freaking laser gun by Frieza's lackey because of doing so.

2e5.gif

#46775 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:45 AM

Heck, Goku was almost killed by a simple freaking laser gun by Frieza's lackey because of doing so.

So true, man, and he's also underestimated opponents or other things too, like Gohan's tenacity for fighting and how he wasn't like him in terms of enjoying a good fight, something he regretted when he threw Gohan into danger to fight Cell because he knew of his power being higher than his. And we even saw him sacrifice himself after Gohan's big mistake of not killing Cell when he had the chance to do it, just to make him suffer for all he'd done.

#46776 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:57 AM

Will he ever review the last?

Here's hoping, he reviewed it with masakox and little kuriboh. With Kyle Hebert in their too.

#46777 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:58 AM

So true, man, and he's also underestimated opponents or other things too, like Gohan's tenacity for fighting and how he wasn't like him in terms of enjoying a good fight, something he regretted when he threw Gohan into danger to fight Cell because he knew of his power being higher than his. And we even saw him sacrifice himself after Gohan's big mistake of not killing Cell when he had the chance to do it, just to make him suffer for all he'd done.

Yeah. Giving that senzu bean to Cell was the worst thing Goku ever did. It was as kittened up as something Kakashi would do.

#46778 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:43 AM

Yeah. Giving that senzu bean to Cell was the worst thing Goku ever did. It was as kittened up as something Kakashi would do.

Goku relying on Gohan accessing his power was similar to Jiraiya in having Naruto rely on Kurama's chakra rather than ACTUALLY teach him anything practical. The difference being that Goku realized his mistake when they started getting beat up whereas Jiraiya never truly admitted any fault with what he did with Naruto before his death.

2e5.gif

#46779 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:44 AM

Goku relying on Gohan accessing his power was similar to Jiraiya in having Naruto rely on Kurama's chakra rather than ACTUALLY teach him anything practical. The difference being that Goku realized his mistake when they started getting beat up whereas Jiraiya never truly admitted any fault with what he did with Naruto before his death.

Exactly my point, and we saw too with Gohan that Goku had to fix his mistake of not killing Cell even if it cost him his life.

#46780 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:45 AM

Yeah, Jiraiya wasn't a very good sensei either. It's just that Kakashi is so amazingly terrible, hypocritical and arrogant that Jiraiya seems like a god in comparison.

The best sensei was probably Hiruzen. He screwed up with Orochimaru, but at least he took responsibility for it and dealt with him. And he didn't try to push Oro into loving Tsunade in hopes of redeeming him that way. Kakashi's mistakes ended up making two of his students miserable and the other one not even in the village.

Edited by DrK, 09 November 2017 - 07:05 AM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)