123 replies to this topic

#121 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:17 AM

I find it incredibly amusing, due to its absurdity, how in the middle of a war where humanity is at stake, there is a debate going on whether or not a powerful character should take out the bad guy/participate in the war because it might hurt his friends' feelings. Seriously, who thinks about that? People are dying, and their freedom is at stake should they lose... I think Konoha 11 have slightly bigger issues than proving themselves to Naruto. They aren't fighting to make a point. They would be upset, maybe, because Naruto who is a very important aspect of Madara's plan, has put himself in the line of danger despite the wishes of the Kages. If Naruto comes in and turns the war around into their favour, then that would save a lot of grief.

One thing I noticed is that Sakura is shown healing again, in a place that looks like a place that other healers are at tending to the wounded... But she's not in the healing division. Did Kishimoto already forget that he put her under Kakashi's division? >.> She should be, umm, assisting in the fighting...

#122 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ Apr 20 2011, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing I noticed is that Sakura is shown healing again, in a place that looks like a place that other healers are at tending to the wounded... But she's not in the healing division. Did Kishimoto already forget that he put her under Kakashi's division? >.> She should be, umm, assisting in the fighting...

I agree. The only time Sakura kicked ass was the fight with Sasori. That was to probably show the great results of her training under Tsunade after the timeskip but after that its like Kishi didn't bother to make her fight major battles anymore. We really need to see her fight someone strong again!

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#123 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ Apr 20 2011, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find it incredibly amusing, due to its absurdity, how in the middle of a war where humanity is at stake, there is a debate going on whether or not a powerful character should take out the bad guy/participate in the war because it might hurt his friends' feelings. Seriously, who thinks about that? People are dying, and their freedom is at stake should they lose... I think Konoha 11 have slightly bigger issues than proving themselves to Naruto. They aren't fighting to make a point. They would be upset, maybe, because Naruto who is a very important aspect of Madara's plan, has put himself in the line of danger despite the wishes of the Kages. If Naruto comes in and turns the war around into their favour, then that would save a lot of grief.

Well in war there are medics on the field, along with just a medic corps.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#124 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Apr 20 2011, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When Naruto shows up, I would expect them to be disappointed that Naruto is no in harm's way, but I really would not expect their feelings to be hurt. Naruto knows just as much, if not more than them that Madaara is after the Kyuubi. He's been their target for a long time now. He also knows what's at stake and the importance of this war.

They all knew that lying to him and keeping him hidden wouldn't work forever. Shikamaru should know that more than anyone else (as a strategist and friend). I would expect him to respond with a "how troublesome, just make sure you stay with the alliance."

As far as the trust issue. I don't think any of this has to do with trust. Just because they don't want Naruto to fight doesn't mean they don't trust him. And just because he wants to protect his friends from the life Nagato endured, does not mean he does not trust his friends. I think it's more of his friends wanting to make sure he's protected since they know so little about their enemy and their motives. Keeping them hidden in secret is the safe choice at the moment.

They may feel that they rely on him too much, but Gaara knows that Naturo relies on his friends too. If it weren't for his friends and his village, he very easily could have ended up on the path Gaara once went down. He relies on them to find his way, and they are the ones that give him his strength and will to fight. That's a part of his character. That's who he is and why they have grown to cherish him.

Well, they knew what would happen of course, but really, after Shikamaru's statement of trying not to rely on Naruto, I would think they would be upset/ disappointed in Naruto about it. Frankly, I would love to see a crack in their friendship thanks to this.

About them not trusting him, well they certainly trust him all right. They would trust him to stay out of the way this time. That's what it is.

And you might be right about this has nothing to do with trust at all. But Iruka said it himself, This time he needs to trust in his friends. So I'm believing this section of the war will be about trust.

You seem to say that what Naruto is doing is something like repaying his debts to his friends and the village. Well, he's already done plenty of that. He saved Konoha twice, brought back Tsunade and the list goes on. Don't you think this time they want to repay the favour as well?? Sure, they already repaid him through friendship and acknowledgement. But I would think they feel they want to do more.

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Apr 20 2011, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you that he's too early. And again, It doesn't matter what they think. Yes, Naruto should have stayed behind as of now but he didn't get any time to think about it. If he did, I'm sure he'd stay back. Another reason for him going is that he knows absolutely nothing about the war and is assuming the worst. And if I recall correctly, they never told Naruto about the resolve. Naruto walked away.

The perception part. Well, you're right. But then again, as I said, Naruto doesn't know if they're in trouble or not. You can't expect him to do anything else. He is absolutely ignorant of the details of the war. They'd never think he thinks they're incompetent. After all, he has absolutely no idea what's happening. How can he trust someone's judgment when he has no idea what it is?

Exactly. And believe me. By the time he gets there, they will like it.

Well, that's just how "mature" *sarcasm* Naruto is. The fact that he didn't try to think hard enough about the big picture. Sure, the big picture is the causes of war, but that's his. Their big picture is the world being under Madara's control if he falls into his hands. That's precisely the problem. The difference in their big pictures.

They never told about their resolve. But Naruto will find out later which will undoubtedly be the cracking point of their friendship. You could blame the Konoha 11 for this, but really, the fact that they wanted him to stay hidden should've been clear as day. "You protected us in the past and we depended our hopes on you. Now it's your turn to be protected and depend your hopes on us."

My point about the whole incompetent part is that they would feel Naruto doesn't believe in their abilities.

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ Apr 20 2011, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I do care because the problem is, if the whole world is under control of Madara, who would want to live in a world like that?? that's what they believe in. The consequences of war are great and they realize it, but that's what they decided in. They did it because they wanted to maintain a world for their future generations to maintain. It's all about passing the Baton, really.

The alliance is currently winning right now. They don't need Naruto turning the war into their favour right now. In fact, I predict things will go to hell once Naruto joins into the fray and the alliance will suffer their first defeat.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users