#1 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:06 AM

Time for another fanfic/fanart contest!

There are a few changes to the rules this time.
  1. Stricter about the adherence to the keyword
  2. Lower post count for voters
  3. One prize per member
As before there are actually two separate contests - one for fanfiction and one for fanart. The submissions have to be something that you would describe as NaruSaku in a summary. Also, they need to be somehow related to one of ten keywords, to be detailed below. We're being a bit stricter about the keywords in this contest. While it doesn't have to revolve around the keyword, the keyword has to be pretty obvious, even without saying (although you should still say what the keyword is in the author's/artist's notes).

Twenty-five keywords have been selected and placed in a poll.

Any member can vote on the keyword that they want to see in the submissions between now and June 19, 2007, 5 PM EST and the top ten vote getters will be the ones used.

Then members have until July 17, 5 PM EST to enter fanfics or fanart for the contest. All entries must comply with the rules for Fanfiction and Fanart that have already been set out. Fanfictions can be as short or as long as the writer wishes, but they must be complete. By the same token, fanart can be very simple or elaborate. All fanart entries should be submitted to the contest category to make it easier for the judges. Previously created fanfics or fanarts are acceptable as submissions as long as they fit the keyword and have not been used as a submission to a previous contest. Multiple submissions from the same person are allowable, but each submission must use a different keyword or be for the other contest. So it is allowable for someone to submit a fanfic and a fanart both using the same keyword. Or someone can enter multiple fanfics as long as each uses different keywords. Please indicate which keyword you've used with each entry in the author's/artist's notes or somewhere prominently, even if you think it's obvious. For this contest, we aren't accepting mature entries because we don't have a means of accepting them for the fanarts and because not all the voters are able to judge the fanfics.

And the judges are YOU! Any member with at least 10 posts is invited to PM myself with your votes for both the fanfiction and fanart contests. You can vote for your three favorite submissions in each contest and rank them. All votes need to be in by July 24, 5 PM EST, one week from the close of submissions. I'll tally them up and announce the winners.

And the prizes?

We have a separate prize pool for each contest, but they are identical. The first place finisher gets first pick, second place gets second, and third place gets the last item. If a member gains enough votes to place in the top three more than once, they will still be indicated as a winner, but any prizes beyond the first will go to the next highest entrant. So more than one entry still improves your chances, but not nearly as much as it might have before.

If there are any questions, just ask away in this thread and we'll be happy to attempt to explain away any of the confusions. biggrin.gif

Or you can PM me if you're feeling shy.

#2 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:08 PM

And the keywords are ...

Lemonade
Heat
Summer vacation
Island
Ice cream
Storm
Bikini
Summer night
Dragonflies & Fireflies
Fireworks

Let the writing and drawing commence!

#3 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:29 AM

YAY! ALL OF MY WORDS WERE CHOSEN!!! Wo0t!

LOVE IS WAR,

#4 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:42 PM

All? How many times did you vote? biggrin.gif

I was starting to wonder if I'd accidentally locked the thread or something. Guess I just explained all the rules so well this time. wink.gif

#5 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

I voted once. tongue.gif But up there it said we can have moe than one submission, they all have to use differnet key words that were chosen. So, I voted once, and made more then one fic to go along with the contest ( this was in the begining of the keyword chosing. :3 ) biggrin.gif

LOVE IS WAR,

#6 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:05 PM

yay, my favorite words were chosen too. I have finished one one-shot already and I'm writing another story right now.
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#7 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:06 PM

Im gonna go ahead and start writing now. biggrin.gif

#8 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:11 PM

The third prize is a vacation to Florida right? haha

I'll get on this. I love the keywords. Although I am minorly upset beach isn't up there. oh well my pick was!

Love is everything.

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Jun 20 2007, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was starting to wonder if I'd accidentally locked the thread or something. Guess I just explained all the rules so well this time. wink.gif

Nice job Nick! 111191.gif

And Woot for Island being picked! w00t.gif

#10 chebmanji

chebmanji

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:15 AM

Hmmm interesting words thats going to be a challenge but fun to write hehe. a_plotting.gif

#11 PhantomNinja

PhantomNinja

Crazy little brunette

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:drawing, reading, writting, cooking... (i have a lot of 'ings')

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:56 AM

Wow, new contest!! It's been so long...

#12 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:08 AM

Hm... looks like a good selection of keywords, this time. Wish I could participate... (I'm hoping I MIGHT be able to get the next chapter of Training out before, oh, the one year anniversary of the last time I posted a chapter, but I'm not sure I'll make it. I'm having a hard time re-assembling all my notes for the fic)

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#13 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:24 AM

So long?

It hasn't been that long. Just six months. We're trying to keep them spaced out so they don't get old. Don't want to get writer and artist fatigue. After all, they're writing and drawing stuff besides responses to the contest.

#14 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:10 AM

oh yeah, what was that third prize, by the way?

#15 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:19 AM

hmm...Lets just say that IM very bored and decided to write drabbles, this is acceptable correct?

#16 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:52 PM

Hnn... I'll consider this one.
Though feels like I'm forgetting something.

#17 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (StarlightAngel @ Jun 22 2007, 02:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm...Lets just say that IM very bored and decided to write drabbles, this is acceptable correct?

There aren't any limitations on length - whether short or long; just that the story is complete.

#18 Wolf_Demon_Kunoichi13

Wolf_Demon_Kunoichi13

When you turn my way, You will see the way I see

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Reading;books,fan-fics,manga,listening to music,sleeping,watching AMVs,calling my friend short

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:19 PM

ne....can you compine two keywords? such as Summer Night and Fireworks? 'Cause if we can....
Stan: -says sometihng utterly stupid-
Me: . . . . Wow, I never thought I'd see something so stupid.....I kind awant to poke it.....but I don't know how sanitary that'd be....
Stan: yea...probably....

Me: -comes from lunch line and is about to put down lunch-
Leon (his nickname from me): Hi my darling! (or somthing to that likeness)
Me: o.o. . . . Uh.....Leon....?
Leon: Hahah~!!!
Me: -slowly sits down-

Note: Me and Leon are NOT dating, he's just overly flirty with every girl he sees

Me: -sitting in lunch doing homework-
Leon: -suddenly is sitting right next to me (as in, thigh next to thigh)-
Me: O.o? Leon...Why are you basically sitting on me?
Leon: Oh sill M-bear, I'm just sitting way to close to you, not ON you ^^
Me: ...O.o?

Me: -listening to iPod-
Michale: Hey, John, don't you agree that girls are way cuter when they're angry?
John: Yea, I guess
Me: -looks up- O.o.....
Michale: Oh, not you Maria, you're just scary as hell
Me: -shrugs and goes back to iPod

#19 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

Sure.

There is nothing wrong with using more than one keyword on a fic or fanart, although it may confuse things if you submit more than one entry.

#20 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:10 AM

Huh, interesting keywords there. So many things I could do...... nosebleed8rx.gif sweatdrop.gif If I would really make a fic or art.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users