85 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:19 PM

Episode 19: Sarada Uchiha. This is the start of the gaiden right? So in theory this shouldn't take too long. Hopefully.

So the episode does admittedly start of strong with a brush painting the uchiha symbol in red. Before showing the symbol on Salad's back and we see her watching the hokage monument and someone is paintin...oh god they are rewriting episode 700 aren't they? Thankfully, no. Bolt is lashing out like a spoiled brat and painting "idiot" on Naruto's face. We see Shikamaru and his son training. Sai is also training with his son. It's all the parents training with their kids. This did happen in the gaiden first chapter as well but Naruto was playing hide and go seek with his son in that. So to keep the narrative of naruto neglecting his son they actually changed it into something more negative. So bolt had to do this to get Naruto to spend time with him. Salad sends Naruto the wrong way when bolt is hiding like the manga. Shikamaru catches him...yep this is different from the gaiden and far more negative. In the gaiden Shikamaru only talks to Bolt; here he shadow binds him and then orders his son to get Naruto.

Opening

So fat filler talks to salad who is moping. Wait the graduation exams were just around the corner in the gaiden here they aren't coming up soon? Oh here's where they add that what does a ninja mean question that the gaiden eventually dropped. God she looks too much like Ino. Much of this is from the manga. Please at the very least could they drop the looking for her real dad gag I don't want to suffer through that again for ten weeks. I'll even pick a different nickname for her if they don't...NOOOO!!! THEY ARE DOING IT! NOOO!!! TEN WEEKS OF THE SAME UNFUNNY GAG OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!! Whelp. She still is and stays Fat Filler then.

Oh there the picture frame that is going to start this arc. So when Sakura going to destroy her home again? After SS is torn a new kitten again? So Sakura comes home and notices Salad is crying. Thinking something made be wrong with her eye she quickly goes over concern to check. She very serious about Salad's eyes, but doesn't seem to have much worry in her face, as much as strictness throughout this entire scene. So Salad ask about the glasses bit and here where they tear it a new kitten but instead of doing when Sakura doing laundry outside during dinner. Dammit no, it just ended on that question not being answered.

She goes to the library to learn more about the uchiha. She can't access some files for some reason.

Oh now they are doing the laundry scene. They changed it so Salad and Sakura are separated by a sheet while Salad is asking her question instead of looking into Sakura's eyes when she can't answer Salad simple questions. Then take it down when Salad ask if Sakura is even Sasuke's wife. God they don't display much emotion on Sakura's face keeping it almost completely flat. They soften a lot of this scene including how rapidly Salad was asking the questions, Sakura face during it, and even Sakura outburst when she can't handle it. The house isn't even destoried that made Sakura faint in the manga. Instead she apologizes for the outburst, and when Salad ask even more question she just touches her forehead clearly to remind people for the forehead poke. Oh now it's destroyed.

They also changed Shizune from checking on Sakura in her house to in front of Sakura's damaged house. they even sent her the hospital instead of just resting in Shizune's house. Salad found the photo. And changed again so Shizune see it while Salad is next to Sakura's bedside. They also make Shizune say Sakura is her mother instead of not being able to answer in the manga.

Then the Choji's family bit. Oh Fat filler was once sick and she recalls a shadowy man giving her mother the medicine to cure her. Of course it's her father in his slim down form. So they added this to justify her gag.

Then ends with Sasuke in a forest fighting the celebi kid.

This entire episode is trying to soft the negative anti SS first chapter of the gaiden, even the change in the Naruto's & Bolt's interaction is to show that not everyone is able to spend time with their father unlike the gaiden where Naruto was spending time with him.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 10 August 2017 - 04:22 AM.

#2 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

A few episodes ahead making Gaiden into anime without the complete canon material.

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:50 PM

A few episodes ahead making Gaiden into anime without the complete canon material.

No, they are changing scene to soft the negative SS blows that were in the original manga. They know what the material is but they are trying manipulate it and change it so it lessen the negative SS that was particularly in the first chapter.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 August 2017 - 10:51 PM.

#4 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:52 PM

Who else wants to bet that they will drop the umbillical cord scene?

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#5 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:00 PM

Here is a thing what would Naruto have been like if Toei Animation did it, I mean true we know they kitten up at times but unlike with SP they do not play favourites.

But I want to know what you guys think on what you think it would have been like if Naruto was done by Toei Animation.

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:02 PM

Who else wants to bet that they will drop the umbilical cord scene?

I think they will keep it in some way. They are changing and adding scene to change or soft things that happened in the gaiden; like the Salad's question or fat filler's gag.

#7 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:09 PM

No, they are changing scene to soft the negative SS blows that were in the original manga. They know what the material is but they are trying manipulate it and change it so it lessen the negative SS that was particularly in the first chapter.

Proof of concept when you mess up the story so much that you have to rewrite it as you are adapting it.

I have never seen a story be so bad that every writer that has ever worked on it keeps changing the story due to so much backlash and downright hatred towards scenes.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#8 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:19 PM

I guess it could end up like that movie Castle Glass or something like that, where it can be "emotional" yet one would still see the movie heavily flawed. In other words, the overall will be the same as the manga and that alone already got me turned off.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 09 August 2017 - 11:19 PM.

#9 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:22 PM

I think they will keep it in some way. They are changing and adding scene to change or soft things that happened in the gaiden; like the Salad's question or fat filler's gag.

I think I have to agree Evil100 man this would have been done far better if it was in the hands of Toei Animation.

#10 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:25 PM

To its credit, they're doing tons of addition to keep it from being seen as flawed. Stuff like this, I can't credit to the original if they have to do all of this...

#11 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:29 PM

The thing that will probably change is that by the end Sarada is going to think of Sakura as her biological mother (which contradicts with the gaiden if I remember correctly) because who needs morals or messages when you gotta pander those SS fans man.

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#12 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:32 PM

I think I have to agree Evil100 man this would have been done far better if it was in the hands of Toei Animation.

I was talking about the umbilical bit, as for toei I'm honestly not sure how they would handle adapting Naruto at least they wouldn't focus so much on Hinata.

To its credit, they're doing tons of addition to keep it from being seen as flawed. Stuff like this, I can't credit to the original if they have to do all of this...

Like I keep saying they are changing it to soften. The gaiden was clearly written when Kishimoto was starting to resent working on Naruto, hated SS as well as nH, but also wanted to show he was not sexist by trying to do a good job with Salad herself. Here they are trying to soften it so they don't get the SS fans that follow the anime angry like what happened to those that read the gaiden. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 August 2017 - 11:36 PM.

#13 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:49 PM

I was talking about the umbilical bit, as for toei I'm honestly not sure how they would handle adapting Naruto at least they wouldn't focus so much on Hinata.

Like I keep saying they are changing it. The gaiden was clearly written when Kishimoto was starting to resent working on Naruto, hated SS as well as nH, but also wanted to show he was not sexist by trying to do a good job with Salad herself. Here they are trying to soften it so they don't get the SS fans that follow the anime angry like what happened to those that read the gaiden. 

True man but as you said SP love and they just love changing things to their own liking, Hinata is a big teller to this with all the fillers that they give to her after all and all the hate that they give Sakura and change things to make Sakura seem like a kitten.

Hence why Toei Animation would not do it the only fillers they do is make ther fights longer and at time do a fille but we know that they wouldn't focus on Hinata.

#14 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:35 AM

I meant with " without the complete canon material " as them lessening the negativity that contradicts with Gaiden.

#15 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:21 AM

Oh, look. They're trying to soften the negativity like they always have. 

>Manga: Yeah, the NH and SS family are dysfunctional and bad.
>Anime: N-No they're not. See?! Look at our view on things!!

:facepalm:

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#16 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:38 AM

Examples of them softening the negative SS in the first chapter...which means I may have to look at the gaiden again * annoyed cheering* screw it I'll do a quick summary of that chapter and compare contrast to the episode.

In the manga: It starts off with Shino telling them their graduation test is coming up next week. Salad question thew importance of & what is a ninja. Then it's Salad and fat filler walking down the street. Fat filler complains about training and Salad tell she should train. She then has a shock look on her face after she says then then scrunches up her face. Then says, "What they hell you looking down on me now! Man, I'm so pissed of right now!" She was clearly felt insulted by Salad comment.

In the anime: they sitting down for a brunch. The exam is a long ways away. Salad openly monologues about "what is an ninja?" To the fat filler who tries to give an answer but all in all is trying to make her friend lighten up. The rest of the scene has a very light tone of two friends talking and teasing each other.

Next is the fathers spending time with their children. Huh. I had forgotten about Shikamaru sending his son to get naruto did happen in the manga. What didn't happen is bolt going off on another two rants about his dad. He does have a smile on his face when talking about playing with the shadow clone unlike in the anime. So he is clearly enjoying it. Why they made it more negative in the anime with Bolt ranting again is to say Salad isn't the only one that never spends time with their father. Which then soften SS.

Next in the manga. Salad looks at the photo and thinks about how she never meet her dad. She then ask her mother if her father had glasses. She is right next to Sakura and their is nothing dividing them. So both of them can see each other expression. Salad can see Sakura thinking about the questions. There is nothing blocking them. So Salad asks about the glasses. When Sakura says she doesn't know, salad bring up them being "married" how can she not know. Sakura has a sad look on her face, and then tries to excuse Sasuke's absence. Salad then question if they are even married? Which angers Sakura. Then salad points out how strange their relationship is. Then Sakura smashes the ground. She then looks at Salad with an angry look on her face. She sees her daughter is upset. Sakura deflates. Apologies for her outburst. Salad cries. Sakura say Sasuke's feeling are mutual. Salad ask How can she be so sure. Then immediately the house collapse and Sakura faints. 

Then the chapter ends on Salad looking at the photo of Karin. We see the picture then her in the next frame. If you can't tell they don't look somewhat similar I don't know what to tell you. The chapter ends with her standing their and  Sasuke noticing something.

In the anime. Salad looks at the photo after thinking she never seen her father. Sakura comes home from work seeing her crying ask her whats wrong. Salad says its her eyes. Sakura checks on them. They have diner Salad ask about the glasses. Sakura deflects. 

Salad goes to the library. She can't access files for some reason

Then the laundry scene with a sheet blocking Salad and Sakura from seeing each other until Salad ask are they even married? Salad asks a barrage of questions Sakura deflects. Sakura wonders what Sasuke is doing right about now. Salad get annoyed. Salad says she always does that. The sheet is pulled. Sakura is offended not angry. Ask what up with her. Salad says she been wondering for ages, question how long Sakura can keep fooling her. With a flat face Sakura says salad is acting strange. Salad accuses their relationship of being strange. Sakura punches ground. She has a shocked face before her sad face. She apologies and says Sasuke will be home soon. Salad asks how does she know after they been apart for so long. Sakura touches her forehead while exclaiming their feeling are mutual. Salad ask how can she be so sure again. Sakura similes before the house starts to collapse.

So first off the scene in the manga the questions are one after the other -with only a brief pause to see their expressions- for maximum impact. While the anime is more broken up both by scenes and dialogue lessening the impact of the questions. Sakura and Salads faces are much less expressive (and miserable looking) then in the manga; so again softens the scene by making the characters expression less dramatic. Sakura can't really answer or come back to Salad in any way just looking miserable and getting both more angry and miserable the longer the scene plays out in the manga. While in the anime she thinks fondly of Sasuke even when he is not there, is able to defend him more, and used that forehead thing that happened at the end of the manga to show Sakura's feeling for Sasuke. Showing to the audaince that their must be some honest feeling , at the very least on Sakura's side.

Then the episode continues into chapter two which Salad asking shizune in the manga Shizune isn't really able to defend Sakura is Salad's mother in the anime she is.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 10 August 2017 - 05:13 AM.

#17 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:07 AM

I wonder if SP is like "Kishi, goddammit..." They always have to add a lot before people get confused.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 10 August 2017 - 11:08 AM.

#18 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

I hope they make filler about how to go to the moon without spaceship , in this filler they will cast edo tensei on Albert Einstein and make him explain how to lived in the moon and breathe in space.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#19 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

I wonder if SP is like "Kishi, goddammit..." They always have to add a lot before people get confused.

If it was known among the staff Kishi started to hate the ending or something they may have start figuring out how to start spinning it. They have had two years to figure out how to change the story to soften it. So they don't get the outrage the manga got when it was being released.

1: The Anime has a simliar reaction from Chocho however. Sarada is -still- built up to the same thing. All of the same elements are there. I would not say this is softening at all. 

2: The Anime isn't lessening the impact of the questions. The blanket is actually a neat device, sort of putting these two in a distance to be misunderstood and misread but reading an intention of softening things is not the way to go. It does set them up to be empathized with, but the Manga did this too. Granted, you can have that opinion, but I do not see sustainable evidence for it. 

1. No clue what you directly talking about 

2. Yes that''s the point. In the anime there is clear misunderstanding and Sakura is able to defend SS. In the manga everything is out in the open and Sakura can't defend SS. Do you not see the difference?. Have you even read the gaiden?

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:17 PM

1: Chocho in the episode says the exact same line, albeit a different scene. 

2: The lines are also the exact same from the Gaiden. I have read the Gaiden. The clothing wall is metaphorical. Even without it, when it goes away between the two, it doesn't change anything from Sarada's point of view.

Basically, I'm trying to say that a narrative that the anime is trying to soften it up isn't really the case. It is playing up empathy for these two, but... it was doing it in the manga too. That's why I'm saying softening isn't really the case here. Frankly, Sasuke is -still- not active in her life at all, and that same problem that Sarada brings up exists in both versions as her character's frustration in equal weight. 

1.Oh that, yes they added the flashback to change her gag. In the manga she just wants to find a skinny dad, and starts acting like Naruto Sasuke and Orochimaru could be her dad. Then at the end she see her father slim down she wants to learn that. Because they added the flashback it turns out she was just searching for her father in his slim form all along.

2. Analyzer: The blanket adds to thew scene.

Me: Yes and by adding the sheet could changed the meaning of the scene along with all the other stuff they added. Thereby soften the scene to lessen the negative impact of the scene.

Analyzer:

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 10 August 2017 - 07:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users