31585 replies to this topic

#28941 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:51 AM

https://www.narutofo...-afaik.1136422/ I found this interview again and I think when I saw it for the first time I didn't read it completely. It's interesting because you learn what inspired kishi. I guess his understanding of family didn't prevent sasuke from leaving his for at least 11 years

Edited by totherpage95, 24 July 2020 - 03:56 AM.

#28942 Coca Cola

Coca Cola

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Plotting to kill Masashi Kishimoto.

Fav Characters in Naruto: Sakura, Jiraiya, Shikamaru, Naruto, Lee
    Sports: Iowa Hawkeyes, Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers, FC Bayern München
    Dislikes: Hinata Hyuuga and whatever team Lebron James is on

Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:24 PM

I was looking at episodes of the original Dragon ball and stumbled across something that blew my mind. 

You all remember Ginkaku and Kinkaku right? The characters who seemed straight out of a filler dropped in the middle of the shinobi war. Well they were taken straight out of a filler episode.

DB episode 79:"Kinkaku and Ginkaku's Man-Eating Gourd" / "Terror and Plague"

Transcription: "Kinkaku · Ginkaku no Hito Kui Hyōtan"

https://dragonball.f...com/wiki/Terror

https://dragonball.f...com/wiki/Plague

Their main weapon is a gourd that traps a person inside. They had the same gourd weapon in Naruto.

Kishimoto is so unoriginal, he was copying Dragon Ball filler in his grand finale war. Not even good filler. The kind of filler no one remembers unless they stumble across it bored on the internet. 

naruto_s_smile__remake_of_the_remake____

I will not let you stand alone anymore...

I will protect that smiling face.

#28943 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:27 PM

I was looking at episodes of the original Dragon ball and stumbled across something that blew my mind. 

You all remember Ginkaku and Kinkaku right? The characters who seemed straight out of a filler dropped in the middle of the shinobi war. Well they were taken straight out of a filler episode.

Their main weapon is a gourd that traps a person inside. They had the same gourd weapon in Naruto.

Kishimoto is so unoriginal, he was copying Dragon Ball filler in his grand finale war. Not even good filler. The kind of filler no one remembers unless they stumble across it bored on the internet. 

Huh! What's interesting is the fact that I've only ever seen a handful of DBZ episodes, but I distinctly remember those two...

#28944 Coca Cola

Coca Cola

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Plotting to kill Masashi Kishimoto.

Fav Characters in Naruto: Sakura, Jiraiya, Shikamaru, Naruto, Lee
    Sports: Iowa Hawkeyes, Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers, FC Bayern München
    Dislikes: Hinata Hyuuga and whatever team Lebron James is on

Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:38 PM

Huh! What's interesting is the fact that I've only ever seen a handful of DBZ episodes, but I distinctly remember those two...

It's actually not DBZ, but Dragon Ball (where Goku is a kid).

It's been forever since I've seen that show so maybe my memory's just hazy. Still seems like an odd point of inspiration for Kishimoto. Course him copying DB, DBZ shouldn't be that surprising.

naruto_s_smile__remake_of_the_remake____

I will not let you stand alone anymore...

I will protect that smiling face.

#28945 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:39 PM

Oh, wow...

That's why those two was off. Damn, Masashi. Why you do that? That wasn't inspiration. That's downright copying.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#28946 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:47 PM

...That is from the Journey to the West. Dragonball is based off Journey to the West and for a filler episodes they made villains off two demon Sun WuKong defeated the Golden and Silver Horned Kings; the gourd is also from that story. Kishimoto based off the same source material.

https://villains.fan...er_Horned_Kings

https://naruto.fando...Silver_Brothers

"Both Kinkaku and Ginkaku are based on two characters from the Chinese classic Journey to the West. In this story, the siblings are two demon king brothers, known as the Great King Kinkaku (金角大王, Kinkaku-daiō) and the Great King Ginkaku (銀角大王, Ginkaku-daiō), who live in the Lotus Cave (蓮華洞, Rengedō) on Mount Heichō (平頂山, Heichōzan). They possess five treasured tools, called the Amber Purifying Pot (琥珀の浄瓶, Kohaku no Jōhei), the Seven Star Sword (七星剣, Shichiseiken), the Banana Palm Fan (芭蕉扇, Bashōsen), the Golden Canopy Rope (幌金縄, Kōkinjō) and the Crimson Gourd (紅葫蘆, Benihisago). Amongst these, the pot and the gourd are capable of sucking in their opponents and melting them, once they are trapped within. Ginkaku is also said to have a technique that allows him to move mountains.
The demon king brothers' mother and uncle also appeared in the novel. Their uncle, Hu A'qi was a fox that fought with a halberd and lived close to his nephews. Their mother was a nine-tailed fox in the disguise of an old woman who lived in the Dragon-suppressing Cave. The fact the demon king brothers' mother was a nine-tailed fox, is an allusion to how Kinkaku and Ginkaku possess Kurama's chakra after being trapped in its stomach."

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 July 2020 - 10:48 PM.

#28947 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:29 PM

https://youtu.be/4ZD-MtCO37E?t=285

funny how sakura gets criticized for hitting naruto when she has this guy as a teammate ... (also it isn't very good writing to play around with whether naruto's strong or weak just because he isn't good at nine tails chakra mode doesn't mean he has to be this incompetent zetsu didn't have to do anything)

Edited by totherpage95, 25 July 2020 - 08:30 PM.

#28948 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:49 AM

I must keep stating again and again, Sakura is not criticized for hitting Naruto because she is a tsundere. She is criticized for the slapstick comedy because fans (western ones particularly) feel Naruto is OWED someone that will kiss away his traumatic boo-boos and excuse his every action, like Hinata because he was emotionally and socially abused for his entire life and beneath that rebellious attidude and pranking is a kid probably one step away from snapping and becoming a sociopathic killer, he himself acknowledges. And it doesn't matter that Sakura DOES eventually become more emotionally tender with Naruto despite being a hardcase with him, her haters don't want to acknowledge it because she did not do that from the beginning like Hinata. It must be called attenion to that even tsundere haters seem to be particularly vicious towards Sakura, when they show at least some acknowledgent that other tsunderes do have some good moments with the MC in other works. But Sakura? NOPE, she is the demoness ruler of hell, through and through and she will deny Naruto any happiness in his life    :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 July 2020 - 05:34 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28949 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 28 July 2020 - 11:15 PM

From Sakura's perspective you could see why she wouldn't like Naruto at first, given he was a trouble maker. It's only until she is on the same team as him and gives him a chance after getting talked down by Sasuke for her behaviour towards him and realising she was wrong, due to that she able to see how much he has grown and that he really does understand her and becomes his biggest supporter.

#28950 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 04:22 AM

hey, guys, how are you? i was re-watching naruto with a friend and its painful to explain some things. Do you know any info of how was the sales of Naruto The Last?

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#28951 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 05:23 AM

About the fake conffesion, Kishimoto in the first interview, after finishing Nardo, he said Sakura would fight against Sasuke, but his editor don't let him do it. I don't know if we star to take everything from the last 2 arc will find a lots of kitten, so personally Naruto ends in pain Arc.

could you source it pls?

i only found this https://powermanga.f...#entry400755334

Edited by Khaleesi, 29 July 2020 - 05:36 AM.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#28952 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 29 July 2020 - 06:39 AM

Pretty sure Seifer wasn't a tragic social pariah though, on top of the pov not being on him. He also doesn't really show sympathetic traits like compassion or determination for his dream either that makes such characters more likable. At least not at the beginning but I 'm just talking about initial impressions, I never played FFVIII personally. 

He really doesn't.  Seifer is a cruel, narcissistic, immature elitist with a massive superiority-inferiority complex and these traits, combined with his obsession to surpass Squall, only cause him to go into a downward spiral where he seeks validation and power, no matter how he gets it(which ultimately leads him to betraying everyone and siding with the enemy).  In spite of Squall's anti-social  tendencies,  he's still a good person with a solid moral compass and he does grow out of it thanks to Rinoa and his friends' influence.  Seifer, OTOH, nearly abandons everything for the sake of his dream and damn the consequences.  He's far more like Sasuke than Squall.

Now Zell, he's definitely more like Naruto in appearance, personality and goals to a certain degree. In fact, Zell's interactions with Seifer have a distinct Naruto-Sasuke parallel to them but without the mutual, begrudging respect.

Edited by Kagomaru, 29 July 2020 - 07:05 AM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#28953 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:30 PM

From Sakura's perspective you could see why she wouldn't like Naruto at first, given he was a trouble maker. It's only until she is on the same team as him and gives him a chance after getting talked down by Sasuke for her behaviour towards him and realising she was wrong, due to that she able to see how much he has grown and that he really does understand her and becomes his biggest supporter.

And that unfortunately is the BIGGEST thing that flies over the heads of Naruto/Hinanta oversympathizers. Sakura is suppose be a hardcase of a girl that misunderstood Naruto initially, and progresses her character by growing closer to him seeing him for what he really is. Hell, that is the point of tsunderes in the first place in that the rough tough and hard to please outer shell is broken and the more emotionally tender and caring side is seen. But again Sakura is more of an exception than the typical tsundere in that she is completely unliked or not even tolerated by a huge portion of the western fanbase when I'm sure these same fans would excuse tsunderes with far worse tempers and abusive tendencies towards their love interests than Sakura ever displayed with Naruto. And by that I mean that you see tsunderes like Louise from "The Familiar of Zero" and the worst outcome is that detractors think that Saito is too "wimpy" for taking Louise's abuse to be liked or Lousie is a b&%$# and he deserves another girl, but never have I seen such tsunderes get that irrational dispropportionate BS that they give Sakura in that they are stuck on her initial characterization and will NEVER move on from it and base their arguments all around that Sakura will never love Naruto or even be a decent friend to him. And boy have I've never seen another tsundere's feelings for the MC completely be dismissed like Sakura and Naruto, the detractors of the other tsunderes just say the MC deserves better without making these damn tirades that the tsundere never loved the MC.  All except for Sakura, again. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 July 2020 - 10:07 PM.

#28954 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:58 PM

Here is the thing....yes, technically Hinata was created first, but what they forget is that Hinata was never meant to be a main character or even a side-character. Just a random girl who liked Naruto. It was the pressure from editors to make more....relevant and into a ninja
Another thing that has to be remembered is the Yahagi interview. Kishimoto's first editor.
Kishimoto said that it was Yahagi's infleunce to say "Naruto needs a rival" and Sasuke was born. Then Yahagi said "You need a lover interest for that rivalry as well" and thus Sakura was created.
I want to to think about that. Yahagi said "you need a love rivalry" and Hinata was never even brought to the table. They made a completely new character for it. To me, THAT says that NS was originally the intention because Hinata was never part of that love rivalry. Sasuke was pining over her. Naruto wasn't pining over her either.
Its this detail people are forgetting. Hinata was NEVER meant to be anything more than a random village girl.She was NEVER intended for what we got and it was everyone else's influencethat made it so. This is why, when you notice, that the only way NH and SS get any positive moments....it was someone else who had to write it.

Is that true

#28955 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 04:24 PM

And that unfortunately is the BIGGEST thing that flies over the heads of Naruto/Hinanta oversympathizers. Sakura is suppose be a hardcase of a girl that misumnderstood Naruto and progresses her character buy groewing closer to him seeing him for what he really is. Hell, that is the point of tsunderes in the first place in that the rough tough and hard to please outer shell is broken and the more emotionally tender and caring side is seen. But again Sakura is more of an exception than the typical tsundere in that she is completely unliked or even tolerated by a huge portion of the westernn fanbase when I'm sure these same fans would excuse tsundere's with far worse tempers and abusive tendencies towards their love interests than Sakura ever displayed ith Naruto. And by that I mean that you see tsunderes like Louise from "The Familiar of Zero" and the worst outcome is that detractors think that the Saito is too wimpy for taking Louise's abuse to be liked or Lousie is a b&%$# and he deserves another girl, but never have I seen such tsunderes get that irrational dispropportionate BS that they give Sakura in that they are stuck on her initial characterization and will NEVER move on from it and base their arguments all around that Sakura will never love Naruto or even be a decent friend to him. And boy have I've never seen another tsundere's feelings for the MC completely be dismissed like Sakura and Naruto, the detractors of theother tsunderes just says the MC deserves better without making these damn tirades that the tsunedere never loved the MC.  All except for Sakura, again. 

Yeah, you're sure not wrong! Though with some of the tsundere characters, it can be harder, like with how vicious and brutal Louise can be, due to her own insecurities and her inability a lot of times early on to see how insecure she is, and taking it out on Saito to make herself feel better initially.

It also shows how these asses who are into Hinata and who can't see how Sakura's character is meant to be will also be into other tsundere characters from other anime, and thus they show their hypocrisy EASILY. It isn't about tsundere as a team at all... it's about SAKURA and the fact she's seen as a threat for how she is initially perceived.

#28956 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 05:57 PM

Exactly man. but never forget my main point, Hinata is only as overhyped and praised as she is because consequently many take issue that Sakura was suppose to be Naruto's crush but she did not like him at the beginning like Hinata did, and also Naruto had suffered emotional and social abuse. That is the root for he double standards here compared to other tsunderes. Hinata has nothing to do with it essentially, they would have taken any girl that had a crush on Naruto "from the beginning of the series" because he "deserves it" and therefore that girl would be the greatest, kindest goddess in the Naruto universe. Hinata just so happened to be that girl. If Sakura did like Naruto from the beginning these "Sakura haters" would be tooting their horns in the opposite fashion, I guarantee you.

Edited by Phantom_999, 16 December 2020 - 12:46 PM.

#28957 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:31 AM

Exactly man. but never forget my main point, Hinata is only as overhyped and praised as she is because consequently many take issue that Sakura was suppose to be Naruto's crush but she did not like him at the beginning like Hinata did, and also Naruto had suffered emotional and social abuse. That is the root fot he double standards here compared to other tsunderes. Hianta has nothing to do with it essentially, they would have taken any girl that had a crush on Naruto "from the beginning of the series" becaues he "deserves it" and therefore that girl would be the greatest, kindest goddess in the Naruto universe. Hinata just so happened to be that girl. If Sakura did like Naruto from the beginning these "Sakura haters" would be tooting their horns in the opposite fashion, I guarantee you.

You're sure not wrong. It's the problem with their feelings with Sakura overall, Phantom. The fact they view her as a threat and also because of how she was initially without thinking PEOPLE CAN CHANGE. After all, even with how hard as Naruto had it, he still tried to keep an upbeat attitude even as he acted as a prankster AND feeling at times that people like Iruka hated him when he had failed in some areas without being given a chance again until he saw how he was wrong.

#28958 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:11 PM

And speaking of Iruka, he wasn't the nicest to Naruto either initially, yet fans don't seem to hate him. In fact these fans justify his behaviour towards Naruto.  Again, notice the double standards of these fans even within the series regarding other characters. Iruka can be a tsundere to Naruto, Sasuke could be a tsundere to Naruto, Hinata can be a tsundere (or even yandere) to Naruto, but NOT Sakura. I JUST LAUGH at this :lmao:

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 August 2020 - 02:26 PM.

#28959 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:47 AM

hey, guys, how are you? i was re-watching naruto with a friend and its painful to explain some things. Do you know any info of how was the sales of Naruto The Last?

In terms of DVD/Blu-Ray sales? No idea.
All I do know is that Japan blasted The Last with bad reviews. If Studio Pierrot didn't hire false positive reviewers, I'm pretty sure the rating would be lower than it is now. (Which is 2 1/2-3 stars?)

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#28960 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:58 PM

I don't know how many of you have seen guilty crown but I wanted to share this new version of one of the songs in the ost: https://youtu.be/hn2tkjYy0_g

the guilty crown thread is locked so I can't post in it

this is the original version:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)