182 replies to this topic

#1 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:22 AM

Hey So I would like to hear your thought on the Legend of Zelda series One of my all time favorites if not My NUMBER ONE favorite game series. tell me which ones you enjoyed, which ones you didn't, what you expect from future installments and so on. laugh.gif You know discuss it happy.gif and if you DON'T like the series, remember no one said you HAD to post here mellow.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 October 2011 - 12:23 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:41 AM

Best Zelda Game is the a Link to the past for the SNES there is no game better than this one. Ocarina of time is in second place, followed by Twilight Princess.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:11 AM

Shouldn't there be a poll?

Majora's Mask nuff said.
Dat Fierce Deity Link --Click here to view--

Ocarina of Time was revolutionary but Majora's Mask offered improve game mechanics and a cool concept and the same goes for Wind Waker too and its vast exploration. So for me:

Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess

Edited by Dreamer, 13 October 2011 - 11:21 AM.

#4 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:32 PM

My first Zelda game was Link's Awakening DX. I loved it. I loved exploring a huge world, slaying monsters, discovering secrets, finding new weapons and progressively becoming stronger.

My favorite Zelda game is a toss-up between A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time (usually I choose the former because I preffer 2D games. Besides, there actually are a lot of enemies roaming over the overworld). I also love the first game due to its openness and freedom. You could go to almost anywhere from the start, and you could complete the dungeons at nearly any order.

I love the first five games in the series because they put emphasis on combat and freely exploring an open, magic overworld. Regrettably I have the feeling of those elements have been slowly ditched or put aside in favor of an excisely linear progression and emphasis on puzzles over fights. Oh, well.

Of course, I am not saying Majora Mask and later games are bad. But I don't like so much like the earlier ones.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#5 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

I'm surprised there was no existing Zelda thread on this site, considering the series' massive popularity. Then again, maybe the series is discussed enough in the Multiversal Gaming Thread, and it wasn't really necessary to discuss it. Or just Nintendo-exclusive games are only popular in a certain niche nowadays, I guess I don't really discuss gaming online anymore.

My favorite game? Man, that's hard to say. I've yet to play a Zelda game that disappointed. I thought that might be the case with Spirit Tracks, since the whole Link being a conductor idea was so wacky, but I really enjoyed that one. Maybe it's because I loved how the titular princess actually helped you in a serious way. Other than Windwaker, the poor girl's basically been limited to a damsel-in-distress role the whole series. Unless you count Ocarina of Time, in which she was secretly a ninja whose only apparent abilities were playing the harp and finding fancy ways to run away. tongue.gif

If I had to pick one though, I guess I'd say Windwaker was my favorite. The cel-shaded environment made me feel incredibly immersed, even more so than Twilight Princess, and even the most random NPC's were endearing. Plus, I loved seeing Link show emotions for once, rather than the neutral/shocked/confused expressions he's limited to for most of the series. Zelda was awesome too, and it was nice to see her breaking out of that somber mood she's always seen, and see a tomboy-ish side of her.

In any case, I love the series, and I'm looking forward to Skyward Sword coming next month. I'd also highly recommend Ocarina of Time 3D to anyone who owns a 3DS. The game has received incredibly favorable reviews, heck, I believe Eurogamer referred to it as "...one of the greatest things that video games have ever achieved." I'd go so far as to say that this game, and the downloadable Link's Awakening DX and Four Swords Anniversary Edition, is a reason in itself to get a 3DS, at least for anyone who loves Zelda. At least, that's my personal opinion. I will say though, that despite the limited titles that the company offers, Zelda is one of the biggest reasons I'm still an Nintendo fanboy. happy.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 13 October 2011 - 02:31 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#6 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Oct 13 2011, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shouldn't there be a poll?

Majora's Mask nuff said.
Dat Fierce Deity Link --Click here to view--

Ocarina of Time was revolutionary but Majora's Mask offered improve game mechanics and a cool concept and the same goes for Wind Waker too and its vast exploration. So for me:

Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess

Really I like wind waker but a lot of fans complain and didn't like it because of the sailing around the world with the ship because it took too long to get to one place and to another. I whined about it but once you get the melody to travel from one place to another the game becomes very enjoyable.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#7 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 12 2011, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Best Zelda Game is the a Link to the past for the SNES there is no game better than this one. Ocarina of time is in second place, followed by Twilight Princess.

QFT. A Link to the Past is probably the hardest Zelda game.

Although I haven't played Ocarina of Time. XD

#8 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

I replayed Windwaker and Twilight Princess earlier this year. I've always loved WW's visuals, and I really enjoyed sailing all over the place, I'll never get tired of that game. Twilight Princess is still a very decent game but I didn't enjoy it as much as the former. Collecting the tears of light bored the hell outta me, but the dungeons were pretty awesome.

With all that said, OOT is my favorite. Bring on Skyward Sword. Gotta get that gold Wii remote!

#9 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Oct 13 2011, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tell me about it I remember Ganon's tower had like eight floors and you also have to defeat the bosses from the first three dungeons.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#10 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

I didn't find A Link To The Past that hard, but then again I've beaten it numerous time, the only thing about the game that still pisses me off is the worm boss from the third dungeon, he's a pain... dry.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#11 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Oct 14 2011, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My favorite game? Man, that's hard to say. I've yet to play a Zelda game that disappointed.

Well, there's the CD-i games. Oh, but they don't count as Nintendo so don't worry about them XD Plus, to think that Faces of Evil and Wand of Gamelon were released the day our favourite knucklehead was born... D:

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Oct 14 2011, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope. No way. Zelda II was the hardest game. EVAR.

JA2DBzd.png

#12 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 13 2011, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really I like wind waker but a lot of fans complain and didn't like it because of the sailing around the world with the ship because it took too long to get to one place and to another. I whined about it but once you get the melody to travel from one place to another the game becomes very enjoyable.

I don't really discuss video games online as much anymore, but from what I recall, Wind Waker was actually pretty popular among fans. I'm not sure what the general consensus is on it, but I guess I didn't really mind the ocean travel. There were usually plenty of things to do on the world map, with the submarines, watchtowers, rafts, and such. The overworld map was more spread out than the previous games, but I thought that really helped with the 'immersion' effect that made me love that game so much. Plus, the way the game masked loading times during sea travel pretty much made up for any problem I had with repetitive world map movement.

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Oct 13 2011, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depends what you mean by 'hardest'. If you mean 'hard to live' than I might agree with you (though I think Zelda II gave me a much harder time combat-wise), but as far as puzzles go, A Link to the Past was pretty tame. I don't recall any dungeons in that game that I ever felt challenged with, it was mostly the ol' "Kill all enemies to open a door" or "Lift a random pot and find a switch" puzzles. I'd personally say that the Oracle games or Spirit Tracks had the most challenging dungeons, in the latter game I actually had to use a notepad to solve some of the puzzles in the Tower of Spirits dungeon. But I guess that's a personal opinion.

QUOTE (ChidoriLuv @ Oct 13 2011, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, there's the CD-i games. Oh, but they don't count as Nintendo so don't worry about them XD Plus, to think that Faces of Evil and Wand of Gamelon were released the day our favourite knucklehead was born... D:

LOL, I forgot about the CD-i games. I'm not sure what the history is with those, but apparently Nintendo still tries to pretend they never happened, so I don't really count them as part of the canon. Though I guess part of me still wants to try em' out. tongue.gif

Also, they came out on 10/10? That's funny, I was wondering what you meant on the "Naruto's Birthday" thread.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 13 October 2011 - 11:59 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#13 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Oct 14 2011, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd personally say that the Oracle games or Spirit Tracks had the most challenging dungeons, in the latter game I actually had to use a notepad to solve some of the puzzles in the Tower of Spirits dungeon. But I guess that's a personal opinion.

Spirit Tracks was a huge pain in the ass. I mean, with the whole travelling by train thing, it got too repetitive. At least in Phantom Hourglass you could take shortcuts, but in ST there's none, so the "shortest route" could possibly be a very, VERY long route. The armoured trains scared the crap out of me because one, you can't cannon them down, and two, they can change directions immediately as soon as they see you. I thought that those made it hard to find the quickest route to a dungeon or whatever. Not to mention the Tower of Spirits had like 30+ floors. Oh well, at least you didn't have to go back on previous levels like in the Temple of the Ocean King biggrin.gif

LOL, I forgot about the CD-i games. I'm not sure what the history is with those, but apparently Nintendo still tries to pretend they never happened, so I don't really count them as part of the canon. Though I guess part of me still wants to try em' out. tongue.gif

Also, they came out on 10/10? That's funny, I was wondering what you meant on the "Naruto's Birthday" thread.

Oh God, DON'T play those games. You don't want to, they are absolutely horrible (worse than Hotel Mario, and that was pure suckage). Like, you have 3 or 4 buttons on the controller, but you pretty much use like, 2, making the controls REALLY difficult. Plus the animation and voice acting is super cheesy and crap. "Mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!" "Oh boy, I'm so hungry, I could eat an octorok!" I mean, seriously? sleep.gif

Anyways, really looking forward to Skyward Sword. I went to the Nintendo Connection Tour this year on September 27, and I played a demo of the Bird Riding, Dungeon and Boss gameplay. It was amazing! laugh.gif The swordplay, I have to say, is very, very accurate. I think maybe too accurate XD (btw Ghirahim is a sexy beast)

LOL I don't think anyone knew what I meant by "that" laugh.gif

Oh and btw, for anyone who is interested:

Whether Aonuma-sama and Miyamoto-sama decided to put this stuff in SS on their own, or if they listened to us Zelink fans, it doesn't matter because... --Click here to view--

...this is gonna be one hell of a high school drama.

Edited by ChidoriLuv, 14 October 2011 - 05:18 AM.

JA2DBzd.png

#14 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

Oh I've been waiting for THAT wub.gif anyways I LOVED Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Link to the past I got the report on the GBA It was GREAT! But unfortunately I got stuck on the first dungeon in the dark world. sad.gif Heck I LOVED All the Zelda games! Ive played most except the original and Zelda II ( AND THOSE CD-I ones. They SUCK and do Link a HUGE disservice!) rawr.gif For me (and a WHOLE lot of fans) the most difficult was Oracle of Ages/seasons but that's just me happy.gif

QUOTE (Amy-chan @ Oct 15 2011, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My favorite Zelda game would have to be....Ummm Ocarina of time still play it till this day.

GOOD FOR YOU AMY-CHAN!!!! It was fun right? and the story was deep! laugh.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 October 2011 - 04:37 PM.

#15 Amy-chan

Amy-chan

Blonde Gamer

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Animals

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

My favorite Zelda game would have to be....Ummm Ocarina of time still play it till this day.

#16 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

Favourite Zelda game is OoT. I don't see why I should explain my reason since everybody should know.

the most difficult was Oracle of Ages/seasons but that's just me

And I though Zelda II was the most difficult, what with all the side-scrolling. I don't think it was possible for noobs to beat the original games without a guide.

Edited by ChidoriLuv, 15 October 2011 - 02:18 PM.

JA2DBzd.png

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!! I JUST GOT THE PRE ORDER FOR SKYWARD SWORD!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#18 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:24 PM

Can't wait for the glorious gold wii remote pictureem0.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#19 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Oct 15 2011, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!! I JUST GOT THE PRE ORDER FOR SKYWARD SWORD!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I envy you so much right now. shamefulcry0js.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#20 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 16 2011, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I envy you so much right now. shamefulcry0js.gif

Yeah but he hasn't played the game yet pictureem0.gif

JA2DBzd.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users