• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm in desperate need of some help from someone who knows how to upload stories to fanfiction.net, I'm trying to publish a fic to the site but I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing, any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I managed to get the story saved to the site, but I don't know where to go now to actually publish it.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 28 September 2013 - 08:38 PM.

#2 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

Not sure if you figured this out yet but here is some help.

Once you have saved the fic to the Doc manager (under publish) you will have to go back to publish and select New Story.

Most likely you will be asked to accept some guidelines so accept those real fast. Once you have done that just select the category for your fic (if it is Naruto you would select Anime/Manga and find Naruto on the list). It will also ask if it is a crossover or not.

From there all that is left is to give the story a title and summary as well as select the language and genre (and a cover image if you wish). Then select the characters involved (usually only the most important to the main plot).

Once you entered that information in you will look towards the bottom where it asks you to select a document (should be one of the files you uploaded to the doc manager). Once you have selected your file you can go ahead and select publish new story.

In the future if you ever want to add on to the story (depending on if it is multiple chapters or a one-shot) you can select "manage stories" under publish to edit existing chapters, the summary, title or even add in some new chapters.

Hope this helped!

#3 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

The problem I seem to be having is that the story is, ready and edited, but when I click on New Story, it tells me No valid (story format) document found. Why would it say this?

#4 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

Did you upload it as a DocX file? You can only publish a chapter/new story if you save it in the story format.

JLHza2T.png

#5 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

Did you upload it as a DocX file? You can only publish a chapter/new story if you save it in the story format.

Shoot! It seems that's exactly what I did. :pinch: Ugh, I really just had no idea what I was doing.

#6 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

Glad I could help C:

JLHza2T.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users