#181 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:29 PM

DBZ would've been one of my favorite anime's if they ended after the Frieza saga. I didn't mind cell saga either, but everything after that killed it.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#182 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (shisui2006 @ Oct 21 2006, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Penandsword1 @ Oct 20 2006, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If NaruSaku does take place, some SasuSaku would probably be like, "where the heck did that come from! Kishi-sensei pulled a DBZ on us."

It's strange because what I've seen quite a few used to use the surprising spontaneity of the DBZ pairings argument as support for SasuSaku and especially NaruHina(ex: NaruHina=Goku/Chichi SasuSaku=Bulma/Vegeta) and there are those like you said who use the DBZ comparison in a negative connatation in regards to NaruSaku. It gets confusing at times, just like there are those who use "opposites attract" in regards to NaruHina, then turn around and say how Naruto and Hinata have so much in common.

Just goes to show that the pairing fandoms aren't monolithic in their opinions.

I was in a pairing debate thread and one of the other participants was arguing that NaruSaku wouldn't happen because the two of them were too much alike and another was arguing that they had absolutely nothing in common. err.gif I'd like to think that I started using their quotes against the other, but that might just be a wishful recollection. It was probably just me using the quotes to argue that the reality was more likely to be in between the two positions.

#183 Mizura

Mizura

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:42 AM

I was in a pairing debate thread and one of the other participants was arguing that NaruSaku wouldn't happen because the two of them were too much alike and another was arguing that they had absolutely nothing in common.

lol! They do the same for NaruHina!
- "It's because they're the same! People said so when she was fighting Neji!"
- "They're opposites! O-ppo-sites!"

lol. XD I hope the way I put it in my own manifesto clears things up a bit. (in case the rest of you wonder, it boils down to: they're similar enough to interact in a healthy way, and have enough small differences to compensate for the few areas each other lacks in. More details in the manifesto ^^)

You could also put it like this: they should stop trying to simplify everything to just a few things. =\ You're never 100% like someone, or 100% different from someone. There are too many points to consider.

#184 jadenik

jadenik

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:51 AM

Are talking about that antinaruhina thing of yours or your narusaku manifesto?

#185 Penandsword1

Penandsword1

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Oct 22 2006, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (shisui2006 @ Oct 21 2006, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Penandsword1 @ Oct 20 2006, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If NaruSaku does take place, some SasuSaku would probably be like, "where the heck did that come from! Kishi-sensei pulled a DBZ on us."

It's strange because what I've seen quite a few used to use the surprising spontaneity of the DBZ pairings argument as support for SasuSaku and especially NaruHina(ex: NaruHina=Goku/Chichi SasuSaku=Bulma/Vegeta) and there are those like you said who use the DBZ comparison in a negative connatation in regards to NaruSaku. It gets confusing at times, just like there are those who use "opposites attract" in regards to NaruHina, then turn around and say how Naruto and Hinata have so much in common.

Just goes to show that the pairing fandoms aren't monolithic in their opinions.

I was in a pairing debate thread and one of the other participants was arguing that NaruSaku wouldn't happen because the two of them were too much alike and another was arguing that they had absolutely nothing in common. err.gif I'd like to think that I started using their quotes against the other, but that might just be a wishful recollection. It was probably just me using the quotes to argue that the reality was more likely to be in between the two positions.

lol, I wonder what kind of reponses they'll get from each other. You think if that if you used that information to your advantage, that the NarutoxHinata lovers would be fighting against each other than fighting us?
From the flight deck before takeoff: I'm only gonna say this once: You have to turn off your laptop, iPod, Game Boy, CD player, BlackBerry, blueberry, strawberry, cherry, and Halle Berry -- yes, you have to turn her off, too! You have to turn off anything that isn't keeping you alive.

--JetBlue flight, JFK

#186 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:17 PM

That would be a site to see.

#187 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:06 PM

lol, it really would. I doubt it though. More likely they'll use either or as a defense against someone attacking NaruHina, depending on the situation.

#188 Sono

Sono

Feel the power that is Kakashi

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:20 PM

SasuSaku is not dead (yet) sadly. sad.gif Me, honestly, can't see why any shape of human life can even begin to like Sasuke, let alone concern themselves in his love life. If he has one that is; the guy's as emotionally dead as a brick. (I guess it's his emo hair style, maybe)

Personnaly, I'd love to see Sasuke die in a fire (as a virgin to spice things up). The guy made Sakura-chan cry... sad.gif

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

#189 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:59 AM

Ahh, but the question is... was SasuSaku ever really alive in the first place?

#190 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:27 AM

Only in the eyes of a few people.

I think people only follow SasuSaku is because they look good together, and NaruHina look cute together.

#191 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:57 PM

I believe it got started simply because Sasuke was the pretty boy/cool guy/rogue character. So, people tend to love those characters. Hell, i do most of the time.

But I didn't like Sasuke. Not once from the start because he plays too much on the cliche, dashing good look, tragic past, a vengence motive, everyone loves him. It gets annoying. Most of the other pretty boy/cool guy/ rogue characters has only a few of these traits not all of them.

Sasuke's character mixed with Sakura's starting devotion to him. Was what got it sparked off. And since Hinata, liked Naruto. You take character of another pairing, making everything nice and neat. Only problem was, one Sasuke had no interest in Sakura and two Naruto didn't have any knowledge and still doesn't have any knowledge of Hinata's interest. So, fans of these pairings say "its ok...They'll get together soon enough." And left it at that. And now years later with both pairings still gaining no ground they're still holding firm to "it's ok...THey'll get together soon enough."

Me personally, I liked Naruto's character from the start of the series. I didn't like Sakura first because in the begining of the series they do so little to develop her character. She's plainly known as another fangirl Sasuke type. So at that point i didn't want Sakura to have Naruto, simply because I didn't think she was good enough for him. But then you get to Chunnin Exams and her fight against the Sound Nin in the forest the first time she shown some grit. The first time she shown some real heart and determination. My opinion on her changed. Then her duel with Ino and I reformed my thoughts. I decided she was worthy, but I didn't think they'd get together although I was doing a secret underdog hoping. Because i love the Underdog.

But then a rewatched the series and I found out that if you look at it closely. The relationship of Naruto and Sakura evolves rather gradually throughout the series. But Sasuke's and Sakura's relationship comes to a stop and doesn't move on. It's the same thing with Naruto and Hinata. I mean great they had a handful of moments during the chunnin exam, actually now that i think about it. The Chunnin exam is the strongest part of the series for both of those pairs NaruHina and SasuSaku. Outside of that one season, there isn't anything really strong to support those pairings.

But you have to be willing to open your eyes to see that sort of thing. ^^

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#192 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Oct 24 2006, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe it got started simply because Sasuke was the pretty boy/cool guy/rogue character. So, people tend to love those characters. Hell, i do most of the time.

But I didn't like Sasuke. Not once from the start because he plays too much on the cliche, dashing good look, tragic past, a vengence motive, everyone loves him. It gets annoying. Most of the other pretty boy/cool guy/ rogue characters has only a few of these traits not all of them.

Sasuke's character mixed with Sakura's starting devotion to him. Was what got it sparked off. And since Hinata, liked Naruto. You take character of another pairing, making everything nice and neat. Only problem was, one Sasuke had no interest in Sakura and two Naruto didn't have any knowledge and still doesn't have any knowledge of Hinata's interest. So, fans of these pairings say "its ok...They'll get together soon enough." And left it at that. And now years later with both pairings still gaining no ground they're still holding firm to "it's ok...THey'll get together soon enough."

Me personally, I liked Naruto's character from the start of the series. I didn't like Sakura first because in the begining of the series they do so little to develop her character. She's plainly known as another fangirl Sasuke type. So at that point i didn't want Sakura to have Naruto, simply because I didn't think she was good enough for him. But then you get to Chunnin Exams and her fight against the Sound Nin in the forest the first time she shown some grit. The first time she shown some real heart and determination. My opinion on her changed. Then her duel with Ino and I reformed my thoughts. I decided she was worthy, but I didn't think they'd get together although I was doing a secret underdog hoping. Because i love the Underdog.

But then a rewatched the series and I found out that if you look at it closely. The relationship of Naruto and Sakura evolves rather gradually throughout the series. But Sasuke's and Sakura's relationship comes to a stop and doesn't move on. It's the same thing with Naruto and Hinata. I mean great they had a handful of moments during the chunnin exam, actually now that i think about it. The Chunnin exam is the strongest part of the series for both of those pairs NaruHina and SasuSaku. Outside of that one season, there isn't anything really strong to support those pairings.

But you have to be willing to open your eyes to see that sort of thing. ^^

Yeah, the chunnin exams is when relationships started changing for Team 7. Sakura went from a fangirl to a caring friend, and Sasuke saw Sakura as friend; nothing more after that though.

I just wished they showed more of Sakura's thoughts in Wave country. It was a perfect time for what Sakura thought of the world to come crumbling down. Naruto wasn't completely an idiot, Sasuke isn't invincible, and being a shinobi isn't a joke. There was so much potential in that arc for Sakura's character development >_<.

#193 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Oct 26 2006, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the chunnin exams is when relationships started changing for Team 7. Sakura went from a fangirl to a caring friend, and Sasuke saw Sakura as friend; nothing more after that though.

I just wished they showed more of Sakura's thoughts in Wave country. It was a perfect time for what Sakura thought of the world to come crumbling down. Naruto wasn't completely an idiot, Sasuke isn't invincible, and being a shinobi isn't a joke. There was so much potential in that arc for Sakura's character development >_<.

Yeah, see that's the thing. I think that Arc was more about Naruto and Sasuke growing like a brother-like bond then anything else. I think it would have been too much if they added Sakura's character developing. You would have lost focus on what was growing between Naruto and Sasuke which was a brother bond. Then again, that might have put a monkey wrench in the Yaoi supporters.

#194 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Oct 26 2006, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Oct 26 2006, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, see that's the thing. I think that Arc was more about Naruto and Sasuke growing like a brother-like bond then anything else. I think it would have been too much if they added Sakura's character developing. You would have lost focus on what was growing between Naruto and Sasuke which was a brother bond. Then again, that might have put a monkey wrench in the Yaoi supporters.

I don't think it would have affected it that much. I wish they did do it because my view on Sakura was pretty hateful until her fight with Ino in the prelims. Even then it was still negative; it's only recently I started respecting her character. I'm sure it's the same for many other people as well.

#195 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Oct 26 2006, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it would have affected it that much. I wish they did do it because my view on Sakura was pretty hateful until her fight with Ino in the prelims. Even then it was still negative; it's only recently I started respecting her character. I'm sure it's the same for many other people as well.

Sakura doesn't really have any importance during that Arc. She doesn't contribute anything truly to the fight. She didn't have any interactions with Haku. Basically she was a wall flower. So giving her more parts to flesh her character out wouldn't have effected anything. Besides like I said, the focus wasn't on her. The focus was on Naruto and Sasuke's brotherhood like bond.

I said it myself that my opinion of Sakura didn't change till during the Chunnin exams. I think many people didn't and i think that was for a reason. I think Kishi planned those events so he would expand on Sakura's character. And honestly, Sakura I think was meant to have the slowest growth. And the reason behind that is to attribute how far she's come from those days when she was just a fangirl on Sasuke's heels to a more capable ninja in her own right.

#196 Nettles

Nettles

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:38 PM

I'd say SasuSaku's in a coma, a severe one. Chances of survival being slim. tongue.gif

#197 narusakulover2468

narusakulover2468

Shikamaru is smexy man beast!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Interests:Band<br />Clarinets<br />Friends<br />Reading<br />Drawing<br />Missing my Best friend<br />Zero BD

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:39 PM

Defently I converted 10 ppl from NaruSaku haters to Likers and Lovers

deviantART- narusakulover2468
Gaia- NejiHinaLover12
My Harem- Shikamaru Nara (Naruto) l Kōki Kariya (The World Ends With You) l Karou and Hikaru (Ouran Host Club) l Edward Elric (F.M.A) l Kyo Sohma (Fruit Basket) l Hiro-chan Sohma (Fruit Basket) l Sohma Kisa (Fruit Basket) l Oliver Riggs (Amazing Agent Luna) l Kai (Blood+) l Kakeru Manabe (Fruits Basket)l Romeo (RomeoxJuliet) l Juliet (RomeoxJuliet) l Tybalt (RomeoxJuliet) l Ed (Cowboy Bebop)

#198 Uzumaki Naruto

Uzumaki Naruto

Hokage

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:21 PM

Hehe, yeah i guess it is a dead pairing imo. Now only if NxH can be destroyed, and the world will be a better place.

I say their arguement is that they matured and when they get near each other again, that love will blosom when they have to help each other get out of a like.....w/e circumstance that makes them stay together for a long time, or some crap like that.

#199 Demonic_Wonder

Demonic_Wonder

Space-Pirate-Ninja Dohicky.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Interests:There's a difference between the things that I do and what interest me.

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:23 PM

Well you see I tried a test, I put a SasuSaku story on FF. It got 543 hits and 3 reviews. I put a story on NaruSaku it got 10053 hits and 11 reveiws.

#200 Nettles

Nettles

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Uzumaki Naruto @ Nov 4 2006, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hehe, yeah i guess it is a dead pairing imo. Now only if NxH can be destroyed, and the world will be a better place.

I say their arguement is that they matured and when they get near each other again, that love will blosom when they have to help each other get out of a like.....w/e circumstance that makes them stay together for a long time, or some crap like that.

NaruHina fans have painfully weak arguments...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users