#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:45 AM

Summary time.

Because they delayed the release of the last chapter we are actually getting another chapter far earlier then normal. This does not make me happy but at least I'm not wanting another month to tell you how uninteresting this plot is.

Title page is Naruto and Bolt reading from a scroll. This is because of the movie they "resolved" the daddy issues. Which means all Bolt has left that makes him interesting is his apprenticeship under Sasuke.

It starts off with a showing of the Kara group. Wait are these guys people that wear opera mask or do they just have stupid tattoos on their faces to make it look like they have masks? They are talking about their evil plan or something, maybe they know about Bolt's tattoo... somehow? Their is main guy with a diamond mark on his chin and the letter M under his left eye. Some guy that looks like a standard blacksmith from fantasy video games with lines going down his face. A girl with very curly hair with something on her forehead. An old man with an eye patch or a tattoo over his right eye also a V tattoo on his left temple. And one guy that looks like he wearing a mask similar to captain Vengeance from Black Clover with long barbarian viking like hair. The old man is having some problem with what they are discussing. So the main guy ends their meeting which was done by a jutsu similar to how he akatsuki used to have their meetings, but the akatsuki were just faded specters/shadows and they are instead exactly what they look like. This is so when the meeting is over the Barbarian hair can be behind the old man in his house without him noticing until after the meeting ends. He then kills the old man by blowing him up, then says something. 

Ikemoto is drawing them better then when he does the characters that were made by Kishimoto but they do not look like Naruto characters. To be honest these character to me look something similar to characters from Vinland Saga or Black Clover (though not as good). So bluntly they seem really out of place, and to me show he really should have gone off and did his own manga.

There designs are nothing to write home about what with looking fairly generic but they are at least decent compared to the other characters.

Now back to the characters he can't draw. Naruto and Bolt are having a sparing match. Bolt uses his vanishing throwing rasengan but Naruto is able to dispel it? Bolt uses some breath attack which Naruto counters by making a wall. Hey look he did bother to learn a jutsu in the last 18 years. Naruto sticks his bandage hand through the wall to distract Bolt while he gets him from behind. God could we go back to those Akatsuki rip offs. The art is horrid now. The match ends with Naruto and his malformed jaw praising Bolt. 

At the hokage tower Bolt starts ranting...hopefully not about his daddy issues. I thought we were done with that. Naruto shows him a robot arm and explain something that reminds Bolt of the effeminate one. Sasuke comes in to talk to Bolt.

Konohamaru investigates a crashed Zeppelin. Notices something. Someone with a robot foot sneaks up behind him.

The writer does not know how to write a monthly manga. This is not a chapter worth waiting a month to figure out what happens next. Also Ikemoto should not be doing this manga. He is awful at copying Kishimoto's art style effectively. But judging by the Kara he is a decent artist with his own stuff.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 September 2017 - 06:33 AM.

#2 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:05 AM

The writer needs guidance. A monthly manga for a meeting and a brief match isn't worth the reading.

#3 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:23 AM

I'm going to wait for the translation but that bionic arm seems contradicting...

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 08 September 2017 - 11:23 AM.

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:44 AM

The writer needs guidance. A monthly manga for a meeting and a brief match isn't worth the reading.

That's one of the biggest problems of this manga. Ignore the first ten chapter. The next five should have been the introductory story to Boruto and should have been just one chapter. They are drawing out this story far too much. This pace would be slow (but more tolerated) even for a weekly series.

I'm going to wait for the translation but that bionic arm seems contradicting...

It looks like a new invention that was just made which is why those two were sparing, but then what was Naruto arm made out of for the last 18 years?

#5 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:50 AM

Who knows, but if Naruto does it, it's fine. Boruto, banned for life.

#6 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

Who the heck knows what he's trying..?

Whatever he's doing tho it's not good

ナルサク

#7 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

So 6 villains become 5, gee can't wait to to reduce the number can he.

#8 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:34 PM

This series is horrible seriously I feel like the writers and the rest of the staff are only embarrassing themselves with this piece of kitten. Just end the freaking manga already and let this franchise die for good (it can burn in the fiery pits of hell for all I care). 

Edited by Gravenimage, 08 September 2017 - 04:35 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#9 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:48 PM

Who knows, but if Naruto does it, it's fine. Boruto, banned for life.

...What "it?" What are you referencing?

He's not really trying to mimic Kishimoto's art style. He is making his own style. 

Oh are you speculating that or is their an interview you can show me that states that? There are two types of characters so far the ones that Ikemoto made himself that look fine, and the ones that were designed by kishimoto that always look awful at the very least. If he doing his own art-style, then he shouldn't be doing this series. Since his own art style has shown he can't draw the main cast!

So 6 villains become 5, gee can't wait to to reduce the number can he.

I was wonder who that 6th person was but they never shown his face. Oh wait, you're talking about the old man. Now its four villain we know with one in the background...I hope it's not Nail.

This series is horrible. Seriously, I feel like the writers and the rest of the staff are only embarrassing themselves with this piece of kitten. Just end the freaking manga already and let this franchise die for good (it can burn in the fiery pits of hell for all I care). 

Honestly there is no reason why they should keep this manga going. Kishimoto wants to leave, Ikemoto can't draw the main cast, and the writer can't write on the level of quality for a monthly series. If they want this series to continue; just make it anime only. At least then you don't have them wasting time on this manga.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 September 2017 - 01:36 AM.

#10 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:49 AM

His rocket punch.

#11 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:09 AM

His rocket punch.

Rocket punch? 

...No. Naruto punch his right hand into the wall so it would stick-out making Bolt think he was going through the wall while he actually snuck up behind him. Also if that was a joke you needed to have the "rocket punch" in the first place to make it funny. It is for something the reader already knows about. "I went to the store to today, it was messy." "I went to it today, it was messy."

"Who knows, but if Naruto does it, it's fine. Boruto, banned for life."

"Who knows, but if Naruto throws a rocket punch, it's fine. Boruto, banned for life."

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 September 2017 - 02:22 AM.

#12 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM

I was joking. My point is his arm is mechanical.

#13 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:16 PM

Summary time.

Because they delayed the release of the last chapter we are actually getting another chapter far earlier then normal. This does not make me happy but at least I'm not wanting another month to tell you how uninteresting this plot is.

Title page is Naruto and Bolt reading from a scroll. This is because of the movie they "resolved" the daddy issues. Which means all Bolt has left that makes him interesting is his apprenticeship under Sasuke.

It starts off with a showing of the Kara group. Wait are these guys people that wear opera mask or do they just have stupid tattoos on their faces to make it look like they have masks? They are talking about their evil plan or something, maybe they know about Bolt's tattoo... somehow? Their is main guy with a diamond mark on his chin and the letter M under his left eye. Some guy that looks like a standard blacksmith from fantasy video games with lines going down his face. A girl with very curly hair with something on her forehead. An old man with an eye patch or a tattoo over his right eye also a V tattoo on his left temple. And one guy that looks like he wearing a mask similar to captain Vengeance from Black Clover with long barbarian viking like hair. The old man is having some problem with what they are discussing. So the main guy ends their meeting which was done by a jutsu similar to how he akatsuki used to have their meetings, but the akatsuki were just faded specters/shadows and they are instead exactly what they look like. This is so when the meeting is over the Barbarian hair can be behind the old man in his house without him noticing until after the meeting ends. He then kills the old man by blowing him up, then says something. 

Ikemoto is drawing them better then when he does the characters that were made by Kishimoto but they do not look like Naruto characters. To be honest these character to me look something similar to characters from Vinland Saga or Black Clover (though not as good). So bluntly they seem really out of place, and to me show he really should have gone off and did his own manga.

There designs are nothing to write home about what with looking fairly generic but they are at least decent compared to the other characters.

Now back to the characters he can't draw. Naruto and Bolt are having a sparing match. Bolt uses his vanishing throwing rasengan but Naruto is able to dispel it? Bolt uses some breath attack which Naruto counters by making a wall. Hey look he did bother to learn a jutsu in the last 18 years. Naruto sticks his bandage hand through the wall to distract Bolt while he gets him from behind. God could we go back to those Akatsuki rip offs. The art is horrid now. The match ends with Naruto and his malformed jaw praising Bolt. 

At the hokage tower Bolt starts ranting...hopefully not about his daddy issues. I thought we were done with that. Naruto shows him a robot arm and explain something that reminds Bolt of the effeminate one. Sasuke comes in to talk to Bolt.

Konohamaru investigates a crashed Zeppelin. Notices something. Someone with a robot foot sneaks up behind him.

The writer does not know how to write a monthly manga. This is not a chapter worth waiting a month to figure out what happens next. Also Ikemoto should not be doing this manga. He is awful at copying Kishimoto's art style effectively. But judging by the Kara he is a decent artist with his own stuff.

You know, I read the topic thread and I now have the Neverending story  main theme playing in my head XD

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 September 2017 - 07:35 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#14 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

You know, I tread the topic thread and I now have the Neverending story main theme playing in my head XD

That's the intention.

#15 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:20 AM

Naruto has such a punchable face e1ClrR8.png

Yep they totally want us to forget that Sakura even existed AavgmXf.png

Edited by hinataiscreepy, 11 September 2017 - 12:23 AM.

#16 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:13 AM

Haven't seen either Sakura or Hinata for months. Hopefully they just want us to forget that they both exist. While having just focus on the Son of Naruto, and the Daughter of Sasuke (though I get the sense she is soon going to become irrelevant in the manga soon.)

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 September 2017 - 04:22 AM.

#17 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:07 PM

If the series is called Boruto it should focus more on him and the new generation cast not the old one. It should be understandable why Sakura and Hinata haven't been shown. Or they want to try and erase the shipping wars. Either way i don't care I would never watch this series even if you can watch it on the internet for free.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#18 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:39 PM

Boruto belongs in the trashy parts of Fanfiction.net. I know that's an insult to the not as talented writers, but that site is the only place worthy of this crappy sequel.

#19 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

Me about Boruto:

giphy.gif

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

The translation finally happened. Takes a whole weekend to translate it...more likely be bothered to translate it. 

The chapter title was "Vessel"

The cover page had  "Father and Son moments that can be passed on."

OK the vessel is apparently something Kara had that was stolen. Is it Nail? Apparently it cost as much as an entire country. Oh the crashed zeppelin has the vessel. Which was under the old man's job...I think. The old man talk sending out an "Outer" (which apparently means: Outside group...it their agents) and about ninja tech and how the effeminate ones attack messed everything up. Main guy name is Shigen. Barbarian requested that he retrieve the vessel which is muscling in the old man's duties. These guys are the "Members of the Inner"... so the inner circle of Kara. They were using genjutsu communication.

What Barbarian used to kill the old man is the "True Flames of Samadhi (which he put on a kunai)," which he uses to kill the old man because the old guy has a regenerative jutsu. Barbarian hair says he is linked by fate to the village.

Oh that breath attack Bolt used was water element, then he combined it with a lighting attack. The hand absorbs Chakra, I thought so. It absorb both Bolt rasengan and his water lighting. Ugh they use the Ninja need to see underneath the underneath thing. Ninja duel...can't they just call it sparring? The arm was made by the sleazy guy from the movie, and is based off what the villains did in that movie... great Bolt starts to throw a hissy fit because Naruto used Ninja tech. Sasuke steps in to lecture bolt about it "how you use" it makes it good or bad.

Oh the vessel got out.

Next one October 16. Wow the translation felt rough and messy.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 18 September 2017 - 06:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users