Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

You mean Team 10 or Team Minato?

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#182 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

shikamaru only gets f**cked up each day.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#183 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Dec 15 2012, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lastly, Team 10=Team Tragedy?? you're kidding, right?? if you ask me, Team Minato is the absolute personification of Team Tragedy.

I was thinking more of this generation. Team Minato took it up to eleven.

Remember though, Ino and Shika just had their dads killed a day after they were forced to defeat their beloved murdered sensei which produced even more angst. And had to prevent their teammate from getting himself and them killed against said sensei because he froze up. And a day after they fought and helped defeat a biju powered Kinkaku. Where their dads provided the inspiration and told them how awesome they had become. About 24 hours later, two of them are now dead. Team Worst Case Scenario might be more apt.

As someone darkly joked, they wouldn't be surprised if Madara magically produced Yoshino Nara and punched her in the gut for the hell of it in 614.

Edited by Deej, 15 December 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#184 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

@Deej

I get your perspective on why you don't want the other deaths, but I'm personally sticking to what I said.

Through the sacrifices of the old generation, the new generation will rise and defeat the evil that old generation could not. From my perspective it's almost poetic.

Since this is the climax of the war the sense of despair should be brought to it's highest level. That way when the heroes rise against the odds it will have more of an impact. This should be the time of the new generation, so I think they should all experience the same level of despair before standing up against the enemy. It shouldn't only be Shikamaru and Ino.

#185 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (Deej @ Dec 15 2012, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishi was probably giving Shikaku and Inoichi lots of development during the war knowing that he could cash it in so to speak and elevate Shika and Ino through their deaths. The fact that Kishi also loves torturing Shikamaru and Team 10 angst was the cherry on top. They really are Team Tragedy.

I don't think it will be explored (just because it seems like the series is trying to wrap up), but I could see Team 10 getting consumed by anger and their tragedies, and Naruto having to remind them not to continue the cycle of hate. Or at least, see Ino losing it mentally, and Shikamaru realizing what Naruto has been talking about.

(This wouldn't apply to Madara or Obito. It would have to be some incident in the future that would remind them of the people they have lost. Which makes it unlikely to happen with the series wrapping up.)

#186 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (Deej @ Dec 14 2012, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But that is why it was so effective. No one ever thought he would kill Shikaku/Inoichi after he killed Asuma on Shika and Ino. You never thought Kishi would kill Shika's father after killing his father figure. Everyone thought the HQ was safe. It wasn't for Team 10 to understand death. They went through that. As did Naruto. It was to push them to greater heights.

I don't see him killing Choza. He already did that once and had Choji grieve over him. I see Choza as the one allowed to live and grow old to see the others marry and have kids of their own. And Choji already had his coming of age moment. Yes, so did Shika, but that was years ago in our time and I think Kishi really wants to push him as one of the elite. And to a lesser extent with Ino. As good as Shika and Ino are, they were still overshadowed by their dads in ability. Yes, Shika is a much more important character than his dad, but as long as Shikaku was around, he couldn't be the smartest character in the world and stand next to Hokage Naruto. And Ino could never be the best Yamanaka if Inoichi still lived. Kishi was probably giving Shikaku and Inoichi lots of development during the war knowing that he could cash it in so to speak and elevate Shika and Ino through their deaths. The fact that Kishi also loves torturing Shikamaru and Team 10 angst was the cherry on top. They really are Team Tragedy.

I also don't see Gai dying. I just don't think Kishi has it in him. He could of had Gai die against Kisame and pass his will on to Lee. And perhaps the most important reason why he won't kill Gai. Gai is a major character in the Rock Lee anime and manga. Kishi's assistant writes the Rock Lee Springtime of Youth manga. It would put a bummer on that series if Gai was killed in canon. It's different than the Akatsuki or Orochimaru coming back in that manga. No question that Gai overshadows Rock Lee. But I think Kishi has accepted that those two will forever be intertwined.

Hiashi could very well die. But the problem is that he wasn't as developed as Shikaku and Inoichi were. Kishi gave the latter a good amount of development during this war arc. While he skipped over the Hiashi-Hizashi fight. So Hiashi dying doesn't matter as much. There is really no will for Hiashi to entrust. At best it opens up Hinata or Neji to being the head of the clan.

I just don't think there will be many more name deaths outside of Tsunade, which will benefit both Sakura and Naruto.

Wasn't Choza on the battlefield?. headscratch.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#187 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Dec 16 2012, 05:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it will be explored (just because it seems like the series is trying to wrap up), but I could see Team 10 getting consumed by anger and their tragedies, and Naruto having to remind them not to continue the cycle of hate. Or at least, see Ino losing it mentally, and Shikamaru realizing what Naruto has been talking about.

(This wouldn't apply to Madara or Obito. It would have to be some incident in the future that would remind them of the people they have lost. Which makes it unlikely to happen with the series wrapping up.)

No, Shikamaru already understands Naruto's philosophy and ideals. He showed that back in the Kage Summit arc when he talked to Sakura. And I think he subconsciously realized it when he took revenge on Hidan. He wasn't going to let the hatred overtake him, but he still went on the quest to kill Hidan out of closure and to protect the next generation. I also believe he's spread Naruto's ideals among the 11 as well.

I think it was sort of lucky for Shikamaru to have found out that Kurenai was pregnant, and that gave him another purpose after his revenge was fulfilled.

Point is, Shikamaru didn't give in to his hatred when he took revenge, Sasuke on the other hand.....

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#188 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Talk about an artillery strike.

#189 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Dec 16 2012, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, Shikamaru already understands Naruto's philosophy and ideals. He showed that back in the Kage Summit arc when he talked to Sakura. And I think he subconsciously realized it when he took revenge on Hidan. He wasn't going to let the hatred overtake him, but he still went on the quest to kill Hidan out of closure and to protect the next generation. I also believe he's spread Naruto's ideals among the 11 as well.

I think it was sort of lucky for Shikamaru to have found out that Kurenai was pregnant, and that gave him another purpose after his revenge was fulfilled.

Point is, Shikamaru didn't give in to his hatred when he took revenge, Sasuke on the other hand.....

Well you're wrong, if he'd follwo naruto beliefs why he wanted to kill sasuke, shikamaru is guy that can have his hands dirty and wanted to kill sasuke to protect the village, even he asked if naruto would side with sasuke.

Shikamaru is a cold guy when he needs to be the pain of losing the people who are close to him, made him into a more mature person, i'm not saying he disagree with naruto but he's more mature than naruto.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 16 December 2012 - 01:11 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#190 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 17 2012, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well you're wrong, if he'd follwo naruto beliefs why he wanted to kill sasuke, shikamaru is guy that can have his hands dirty and wanted to kill sasuke to protect the village, even he asked if naruto would side with sasuke.

Shikamaru is a cold guy when he needs to be the pain of losing the people who are close to him, made him into a more mature person, i'm not saying he disagree with naruto but he's more mature than naruto.

I wouldn't say he's more mature but that he's played a more mature role in the war. I mean, just because you refuse to give up, doesn't mean you're not mature.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#191 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 16 2012, 05:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shikamaru is not cold, but rather chooses logic over emotion. That is how he always has been. Logically if someone becomes a threat, you take them out. Thinking with emotion you have to consider who they are which could get you killed.

Naruto thinks with pure emotion. He always has. This has caused him to get in trouble from time to time and sometimes make decisions that are not only illogical, but possibly dangerous.

It's easy to fight someone you don't know because the answer is simple: Take them out. When it comes to people that are close to you, things get trickier and you end up having a battle with yourself: Logically killing them will prevent others from dying. Personally, he is my best friend and I want to save him. So what choice do you make?

Shikamaru is Naruto's logic. Reminding him and grounding him to reality even if he doesn't want to hear it. He has to be because Naruto will never realize the truth by himself. Naruto will have to make a choice, but Shikamaru has to remind him that it is not just Sasuke or himself he is fighting for and that there is a lot more at stake then his own death.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 17 December 2012 - 12:25 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#192 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 16 2012, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shikamaru is not cold, but rather chooses logic over emotion. That is how he always has been. Logically if someone becomes a threat, you take them out. Thinking with emotion you have to consider who they are which could get you killed.

Naruto thinks with pure emotion. He always has. This has caused him to get in trouble from time to time and sometimes make decisions that are not only illogical, but possibly dangerous.

It's easy to fight someone you don't know because the answer is simple: Take them out. When it comes to people that are close to you, things get trickier and you end up having a battle with yourself: Logically kill them will prevent others from dying. Personally, he is my best friend and I want to save him. So what choice do you make?

Shikamaru is Naruto's logic. Reminding him and grounding him to reality even if he doesn't want to hear it. He has to be because Naruto will never realize the truth by himself. Naruto will have to make a choice, but Shikamaru has to remind him that it is not just Sasuke or himself he is fighting and that there is a lot more at stake then his won death.

QFT. This is why I love Naruto's and Shikamaru's friendship above many others.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#193 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Heads up, there's a chapter tomorrow

#194 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Dec 18 2012, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why wouldn't there be?

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#195 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Dec 17 2012, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tomorrow or later tonight?

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#196 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

Maybe later tonight cause he's on break in about a week or two

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#197 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 18 2012, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe later tonight cause he's on break in about a week or two

I thought we already established this lol. Its the last chapter of the volume. Btw, in how many hours approx because i probably don't live anywhere near you guys.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#198 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

For me, in my time, it's tomorrow... I mean, it's 8:40 here and it appears the next day around 11-12.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users