13 replies to this topic

#1 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:12 PM

ETA (11/14/2007): Finally decided on a title!
ETA: My story hasn't been validated over at the NaruSaku library yet so I decided to just go ahead and upload it to FF.net

The Miseducation of Uzumaki Naruto
Written by: Leney

Genre(s): Gen, Alternate Reality
Pairing(s): Various
Rating: K+, the occasional curse word, slight violence. Nothing too much yet.
Summary: The Yondaime Hokage wished for Uzumaki Naruto to be regarded as hero. He got his wish.

This is the first Naruto fanfic that I have posted on the net. I do not plan for this to be the next big AR epic. I merely wanted to experiment with Naruto's character in a different situation. I find how things change and how things stay the same really fascinating. So, don't expect to read a rehash of canon.

Comments, Criticism and Suggestions are welcome.
WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#2 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:15 AM

You definitely have an interesting take on it, Leney!
I'd definitely have to wonder where you'll be going with it!

As for a title, I'd recommend atleast putting in a temporary title for the moment. Alot of people, myself included, skip fics where authors don't add titles.

There were other things I wanted to suggest or ask about, but they've escaped me for the moment, so I'll have to get back to you.
You've done good work thus far, so keep it up! :thumbs:

#3 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:18 AM

Looks nice happy.gif
Keep up the good work :thumbs:
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#4 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:22 AM

Its pretty good

Can't wait for more happy.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#5 Suzumiya Haruhi

Suzumiya Haruhi

Brigade Chief

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:12 AM

Nice; it's good you don't have Naruto and Sakura fall in LURVE at first sight.
avatar by highside sig by animebaby

#6 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:03 AM

Nice story so far biggrin.gif

#7 Unexpectations

Unexpectations

Can't tie my shoes...

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Nothing... MWA HA HA HA HA!!!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:35 AM

It's good so far! a_dance.gif I myself had that very same idea a while back... I guess I can't use it now! :shamefulcry0js: Anyway, you'll probably do more with it than me... Good job so far!
I bet you're all wondering where my name comes from (Probably not)... Well, you know that old saying Expect the Unexpected? Well, it's impossible to do so. By definition, the unexpected cannot be expected. So if you could expect the unexpected, then it would be expected, thus making the whole saying a contradiction... I think too much...

#8 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:32 PM

Is there anyone interested in being a beta reader for me? I have issues with pacing and content (I've got an outline and I want to follow it but I don't want to bore readers before they get to the good part) and I'd really like some input before updating my next chapter.

PM if you're interested!

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#9 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Ghostbusters, Naruto, and video games.

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:30 AM

This idea has a lot of potential. Since this is a NaruSaku board, I would just like to ask that it be NaruSaku all the way. Looks like the Forth has more pull here than he did in canon, if everyone considers Naruto a hero.
NaruSaku supporter and Ghostbusters fanatic!

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

#10 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:26 PM

Thanks!

Regarding pairing, for people who can't stand any other pairing other than NaruSaku, well the next few chapters will sting. I've already established that Sakura still has a crush on Sasuke, and she's angry at Naruto right now. Naruto thinks Sakura is a loud weirdo. It's just not good NaruSaku atmosphere.

Even though I know things will most likely end up NaruSaku, the characters don't exactly know it yet. It'll get there eventually. biggrin.gif

But as to your speculation regarding why the village treats Naruto better, you're somewhat close. I'm going to shut up now because it's meant to be a slow reveal. (Hopefully people will still read by the time I get there, ^__^).

#11 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Ghostbusters, Naruto, and video games.

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:53 PM

As long as you don't make the pairings for the next few chapters go too deep, I think I can manage.
NaruSaku supporter and Ghostbusters fanatic!

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

#12 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:22 AM

I've been stuck for months with the second chapter. I have stuff written down but I can't seem to string it into something coherent! 111193.gif

So...if anyone is interested and they want to help...I'm open to it. :thumbs:

EDIT: smilies ftw!
EDIT #2: A snippet of stuff I actually think I'm going to cut out, but it's something.

Sakura remembered when she had first set her eyes on Uchiha Sasuke. She remember thinking that she had fallen asleep while reading Doki Doki Fantasy and was dreaming about one of its protagonists come to life. Uchiha Sasuke, a shoujo heroine's prince. His classic looks, his stoic maturity way beyond his meager years, his genius at seemingly everything he tried...it would have been too perfect to believe if it wasn't real.

Sakura remembered staring at him and then retreating within herself. She was nothing like Doki Doki's 'Tsukushi-chan'. Her hair didn't caress her hips; it struggled to reach to her back. Her curves weren't in all the right places; she didn't have any to place. Her face wasn't cute and proportioned; she had small eyes and a gigantic forehead. She wasn't dim yet graceful, she was too intelligent by half and brusque.

Sakura knew the odds were against her, but she was not a stranger to hard work. She would make herself into the one Sasuke wanted, even if it killed her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tadaima…

A woman's voice floated from the kitchen to the threshold. “Sakura! How was your day?"

“Fine,” Sakura stretched out the word for days, as she turned right into the kitchen.

Sakura's mother, was hidden beneath a pile of paperwork on the dining room table. Sakura found a place that wasn't covered in the paper deluge and sat down like a rock.

Sakura's mother raised her head from the stack of paperwork that littered the table. "I know that 'fine' of yours," she chided. "What happened?"

Sakura let her head fall onto the table with a dull thud. "A boy happened," she groaned.

"Uchiha-kun?"

Sakura twitched feeling embarrassed. It wasn't the first time Sakura had regretted telling her mother about her Sasuke chasing woes. But there was no one else to commiserate about boys.

“No, it was Naruto.” Sakura said, poking out of her arm-made cubby hole.

“Eh? Naruto? You mean Uzumaki Naruto?”

Sakura snorted at the obvious approval in her voice. “He’s a boy. A dumb boy.”

“Well, boys will be boys…”

Sakura sighed. Her mom was once again Not Getting It. “I thought he was going to be different. You know how everyone talks about him?” said. “But he’s so…so.”

Sakura was making grasping gestures as if trying to pluck the right word out of the air. Sakura's mother peered at her through her glasses, stood up and walked over to her. Sakura felt her a warm squeeze on her shoulder from her mother's hand. She looked up to see a smile.

“Don’t let it bother you. I’m sure it will be all right in the morning.”

"'kay..."

"So...Sakura any homework today?"

"Nope, why do you--mom! I should get half your paycheck at this rate!"

"I know you like math. Besides this is practice. You shouldn't expect me to let you slack off because you don't have homework, honey"

"Moom!"

Edited by Leney, 14 May 2008 - 08:57 AM.

#13 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:36 AM

It's a good story...not really sure why I feel weird about it...but yeah. Overall it's ok-ish so far.

Sry if my comments aren't that constructive but meh, my mind isn't functioning properly. dry.gif

Anyways, keep it up. Gd luck in finding a beta.
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#14 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:55 PM

Decently written, but not my personal cup of tea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users