• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:19 AM

With Cataclysm's release less then two weeks away (only nine days if you live in the pacific), I'm willing to discuss some of the latest WoW news. The latest patch to hit servers was 4.0.3a, last Tuesday.

What came with the new patch are:
* Portals in Dalaran/Shattrath Removed
* Class trainers in Dalaran where portals once were
* New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)
* New Gnome/Troll starting areas
* Changes to existing zones
* New cata load screens
* New cata intro cinematic
* New cata login screen
* New music
* City Quartermasters, with rep tabards
* Bug fixes
* Class balancing
* Druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset
* Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%
* New tamable hunter pets (Monkey, fox, dog, and beetle, as well as new skins for existing pet classes.)

What didn't come with the new patch and NEEDS the Cataclysm expansion are:
* Creating worgen/goblin characters
* Worgen/Goblin start zones
* Archeology
* Professions past 450 (Illustrious Grand Master)
* Guild leveling
* Guild achievements
* Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor flight
* New Zones (80+)

I hope you enjoyed the information as I am enjoying leveling two new alts. Now, unlike a vast majority of the players I play with, I am a child of the Wotlk expansion. I was not there when the gates of Ahn'Qiraj was opened, when the scourge commenced it's second invasion of Azeroth, when heroes ventured into the dark portal, or when the Sunwell was reactivated. My experience with WoW has only been these past two years. However, I am a deep convert. So I greatly enjoy the game and its contents. I've dealt with nearly all of Wotlk's content with the exception of Yogg-Saron and Helion. In the future I intend to talk more about WoW and its newest expansion. I look forward to meeting you online if you ever decide to visit my home server of Aman'thul. Later.

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

#2 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:46 AM

Been on a bit of an vacation from WOW but ill probably back on with Cat. Spend most of my time of Draka and some time on Exodar.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#3 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:57 AM

Haven't played it in two years. I was a day one player though... from one of the original servers, Cenarius.

#4 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Nov 27 2010, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Been on a bit of an vacation from WOW but ill probably back on with Cat. Spend most of my time of Draka and some time on Exodar.

If you haven't checked out SW yet, it is beautiful.

This is the new level flow from 1-60 and the 80-85.

#5 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:40 AM

I have a friend currently addicted to WoW and she wants me to help find her a new desktop that can handle WoW for ~$300. I easily get bored by MMORPGs though. Grind...

#6 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:04 AM

the only parts now thats really a grind is the 60-70 experience. 1-60 is the most fun I've had in WoW and is actually face paced compared to the original version.

#7 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Zero BD @ Nov 29 2010, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the only parts now thats really a grind is the 60-70 experience. 1-60 is the most fun I've had in WoW and is actually face paced compared to the original version.

Interesting enough, I stopped playing wow towards the end of summer. (I start and stop periodically. I've been playing WoW since the closed beta days, so after a while I need a break.) Anyway, I got my DK up to 80 and my ret and def pally up to 74. Honestly imo 1-70 was pretty easy to come by. Depending on your class, you could do most of the grind by instance hopping and doing quests to tie up any lose xp you might need to level. Unfortunately 70-80 was the major b*tch for a lot of the people I've talked to, and I share that opinion. Now if you're saying they reduced the xp between 70-80 also, then getting to 80 is pretty much a breeze.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#8 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:49 PM

I'm saying the 1-60 experience is better cause quite honestly all I've been doing for my alts is questing. Questing is actually very fun at the low levels and by the time you're ready to leave the zone you'll be surprised by the 5 levels you gain in that short amount of time. Every 5 levels, starting at 10, you will need to go back to a capital city and check the Hero's Board. The Hero's Board is kinda like the job ads page in the newspaper. Depending on what level you're at, 10-15-20-etc., you'll get choices on where you wanna head to next. Nearly all the zones after 10, with the exception of Darkshore and Loch Modan are the only ones 10-20, WILL level you for 5 levels if you came to the zone at the appropriate level. Also with the creation of the Dungeon Finder system it is super easy to find a group within your battlegroup to go do a instance with. Remember those days when you had to either a) Rely on guildies or b) spam trade channel for a group? Those days are gone and it is now as easy as queing up for a BG. And yes they already implemented the 20% exp reduction for 70-80. So enjoy leveling!

#9 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:15 PM

also wanted to throw up the previews of tier 11 and season 9 for pvp.

#10 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:16 PM

The new world.

#11 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:07 PM

EPIC! Oh and less than 4 days to go! a_spaz.gif

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#12 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:01 PM

cata came out but we cant play the content cause we have to wait for the rest of you guys in the states

#13 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:00 AM

One hour left... and I'll be Worgen(ing) it up.

#14 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:34 AM

This trailer kind of makes me want to play on a legit server. XD
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#15 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:49 PM

been trying out the hyjal questing and I am enjoying it cept for the fact that there are 50 other people leveling at the same time

#16 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

That's the only problem with opening week, the new levels are going to be flooded with players. I might get on board sometime next week or towards the end of the month.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#17 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

So it's been about a month since Cata dropped in on our lives. How's you and your guild doing? Are you enjoying your new abilities? Are you awaiting for blizzard to do something about the extremely challenging Tol Barad? Are you enjoying the new instances? What level is your guild atm? Did you do CoC? (half my guild loves to joke about this) Let's continue to talk as we try out those new raids or those two new bgs.

#18 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

Started playing last month and I have to say it's probably the most fun I've had till now with an MMORPG. As Zero said the level 1-60 experience was really fun, 60-70 was boring.

At the moment I'm questing in grizzly hills and liking it, Wrath of the Lich King is definitely way better than Burning Crusade, which I think the only good thing it brought were two new races for the game, outland was in my opinion a bad place to play it, the quests and the overall experience felt boring almost like a Korean MMO (Endless grind without actually having to grind.)

So far taking out Outland I've been loving the game. Can't wait to reach the cataclysm zones.(80-85 zones if you didn't get it).

P.S: Playing a level (for now) 76 Worgen Hunter on the Magtheridon Realm.

Edited by Whirlpool-Maelstrom, 24 January 2011 - 02:17 PM.

#19 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

I would like to be the first to say, "Welcome to Azeroth." I hope you enjoy you're stay and be sure to note that Blizzard has intentions on fixing the quests within not only BC but to also fine tune those from Wotlk as well.

We started to raid 2 weeks ago and... Only managed to kill Algaloth... Seriously these new bosses are no joke. Especially if you're barely meeting the gear requirements. So far we've only tried BWD and both Magmaw and the Defense system are making quick work of us, although 5 mins isn't really quick in a boss fight. Still we'll continue to strive forward and try again when the raids reset this week. Hopefully some t11 pally tank gear drops from BH and we can continue raiding like normal.

#20 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (Zero BD @ Jan 24 2011, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to be the first to say, "Welcome to Azeroth." I hope you enjoy you're stay and be sure to note that Blizzard has intentions on fixing the quests within not only BC but to also fine tune those from Wotlk as well.

We started to raid 2 weeks ago and... Only managed to kill Algaloth... Seriously these new bosses are no joke. Especially if you're barely meeting the gear requirements. So far we've only tried BWD and both Magmaw and the Defense system are making quick work of us, although 5 mins isn't really quick in a boss fight. Still we'll continue to strive forward and try again when the raids reset this week. Hopefully some t11 pally tank gear drops from BH and we can continue raiding like normal.

Thank you! I've been enjoying the game so far and also I was very lucky to have been recruited into a guild on the first day I was playing with my hunter, though I must say the stuff you're saying about the raids and more specifically the bosses goes completely beyond me, so far I've only been questing and did an odd dungeon here and there. the guild is also pretty small (fifty or so members) so dungeon activity and other stuff is very rare. Overall I'm looking forward to spend a good time playing, meaning not worrying with achievements and reputations. In the end I want to get a good feel of the game first, before moving to the more challenging stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users