148 replies to this topic

#121 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:47 PM

I loved DOA2 on the Dreamcast, it looked so amazing, even after over a decade I still think it looks great, I love the fighting mechanics, pulling off a combo felt so great. I prefer the look of the older games than the latest version, something about the new look creeps me out, I can't put my finger on it.

Good old dreamcast. The designers pretty much exploited the machine's capacity to the max. More importantly, the game a great artistic direction which makes the game age well. I think the look and feel of DOA3 is the best in the series.

I prefer the older ones as well. Maybe the new look creeps you out because they are more realistic in a japanese type of game (maybe they don't work as well). Kasumi isn't as cute as she used to be.

#122 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:10 PM

I prefer the older ones as well. Maybe the new look creeps you out because they are more realistic in a japanese type of game (maybe they don't work as well). Kasumi isn't as cute as she used to be.

The thing about Kasumi and the rest of the girls in previous DOAs is that they were cute but as the years passed on, I should say after 3, they become more like dolls that hardly expressed any emotion. I was shocked when seeing their win poses, hardly any expression. 4 was even worse. Not to mention the boobs were getting out of hand (looking at Xtreme 2!)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#123 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:37 AM

The thing about Kasumi and the rest of the girls in previous DOAs is that there were cute but as the years passed on, I should say after 3, they become more like dolls that hardly expressed any emotion. I was shocked when seeing their win poses, hardly any expression. 4 was even worse. Not to mention the boobs were getting out of hand (looking at Xtreme 2!)

The doll faces were ok until 3. Maybe the increase in realism doesn't make this kind of design work anymore.

I think Kokoro had the best face change in DOA5, Hitomi, Lei fang look good, Christie doesn't look different, Ayane looked  better, Tina looked way better (she looks like eva from MGS3). However, it did not work for Kasumi.

#124 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:51 AM

The doll faces were ok until 3. Maybe the increase in realism doesn't make this kind of design work anymore.

I think Kokoro had the best face change in DOA5, Hitomi, Lei fang look good, Christie doesn't look different, Ayane looked  better, Tina looked way better (she looks like eva from MGS3). However, it did not work for Kasumi.

For Kasumi, who is my favorite and main character to use, she's ok. Way better than 4 and Xtreme 2. I do agree with Kokoro. Team Ninja got her right compare to her atrocious debut in 4. Tina's looks definitely bumped up to 11!

Going towards the Virtua Fighter guests, Team Ninja made Pai and Sarah way better than SEGA did for them in 5 and updates. Sarah was hot onward until 5 when they gave her that baby face look in the game... blah!. Pai was ok...though her CG render is hotter in 3 and 4. But in here, they look fabulous!

latest?cb=20140126021943

#125 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:41 AM

DOA is not known for its story telling to say the least...

Godamnit even their parings make more sense than the ending of Naruto.

Jann lee and leifang looked too great together.

Hayate and Hitomi are perfect for each other and respect each other.

Ayane and Elliot are great and complement each other. She dominates the Relationship (physically) but the blonde boy is able to stand up to her.

Kasumi and Hayabusa look great to me.

#126 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:22 AM

Actually, Ryu Hayabusa is married (because remember? He's the star of the Ninja Gaiden series, which is now take place in the universe with DOA, thanks to Itagaki) to Irene. I viewed Kasumi and Hayabusa's more like teacher/guardian and student, sort of, relationship.

Maybe Kasumi may get a love interest in the future, though I doubt it. I love her every being of her, so having romantic love probably won't kick it.

Oh yeah, Jann/Fang ship tease! Even in 5's story to the max... shipper on deck!!!

Ayane and Eliot is getting there. Hopefully, there's more of that in the sequels. Same goes for Hayate/Hitomi.

Oh heads up! Guess who made a comeback?!

Get ready...

latest?cb=20140126021943

#127 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:40 AM

I did not know that. I have only paid attention to Ninja gaiden when there was a thumbnail of Ayane getting a massage... :th_yeah:

I guess I started shipping Kasumi with Hayabusa cause they were often shown together in the story modes, Ryu being protective of his friend's sister and being tag partners.

Jann lee is a total boss. He is hardworking, passionate, complete badass and is nicer that he looks. His DOA4 ending is just awesome. Lei fang started her rivalry cause he saved her life and hated being a damsel in distress and wants to be his equal. She actually managed to defeat him once. When you think about it Jann Lee became strong and independent cause he had a hard childhood and was bullied by gangs. Its funny they are both driven by a desire to be strong and independent... no Wonder they fell for each other.

Hayate and hitomi just work together. The girl is outgoing fun and kind hearted while Hayate is the opposite.

Btw, who do you ship in street fighter ?

#128 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:53 AM

Btw, who do you ship in street fighter ?

Street Fighter is a bit "tricky" for me when it comes to pairings. I can say I like Ryu/Chun-Li for more as a crack pairing so to speak. Though I also like Ken/Chun-Li but that's only for Street Fighter II V anime. After rewatching that series, God, it was awesome!

Chun-Li is my favorite female character of all time, and right behind her is Cammy! Those girls are strong, independent and badass! It pissed me off as a Naruto fan that Sakura (Haruno, not Kasugano, who's now better than her), would've been ranked in my favorite women in entertainment list if it wasn't for the sell-out ending AND "all about Hinata and her world" movie.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#129 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:02 AM

Since Capcom has made so many things and byproducts of the series that its kinda of normal. I have not watched that series (only seen some footage), it looks great.

CHun Li is definetely awesome. For me, she started really becoming hot around x men vs street fighter and alpha. Her anime design fits her perfectly. She looks kinda creepy in SF4 (those steroid legs). I love cammy as well (her theme is godly).

Sakura kasugano is maybe even more awesome. Sf4 definetely made me ship her with Ryu along the comics (the MSN convo was freaking hilarious). Her easy going, happy, optimitsic and fun personality goes well with Ryu's serious and stern style. She loves martial arts and even wants to be Ryu's greatest rival. The girl sure has ambition. Capcom knows how to create great females (Jill valentine is a goddes especially in RE3)

I recommend Sakura ganbaru the manga. Sakura, Chun li and cammy are just great. Sakura haruno really got the short end of the stick due to Hinata fans who ironically understood nothing about her. The hinata doujishinhi "terrace" is the true ending of what the hygas arc.

#130 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:28 PM

Just checking Is Ultimate Last round a ptch udate as well cause if not...... Well Again I don't feel like buying a fighting gamea gain no matter how much I like it just for a few characters, costumes of stages. -__- I'm part of the "working poor class" over here.

Street Fighter is a bit "tricky" for me when it comes to pairings. I can say I like Ryu/Chun-Li for more as a crack pairing so to speak. Though I also like Ken/Chun-Li but that's only for Street Fighter II V anime. After rewatching that series, God, it was awesome!

Chun-Li is my favorite female character of all time, and right behind her is Cammy! Those girls are strong, independent and badass! It pissed me off as a Naruto fan that Sakura (Haruno, not Kasugano, who's now better than her), would've been ranked in my favorite women in entertainment list if it wasn't for the sell-out ending AND "all about Hinata and her world" movie.

Hey, I think Ryu and Chun-Li have chemistry. The Only problem is Ryu isn't interested in love  :happy: And Ditto to Sakura's strong, independent image being blown to hell. :down:

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 November 2014 - 02:29 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#131 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:46 AM

INTRODUCING:

Another one...

latest?cb=20140126021943

#132 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

If what the explanation about her character is true, then I think that as far as Gameplay goes, Honoka just might be the most interesting character to play as. It's not like that Robot thing (I forget) in Tekken where the character uses an entire moveset of one character but rather, a mish-mash of of several characters at once, which possibly gives you an endless combination of combos.

On another note, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks she's an expy of Honoka from Love Live! Am I right? Oh yeah, I just saw her trailer, and it looks like she and Marie are going to be the series' Lili and Asuka.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#133 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

If what the explanation about her character is true, then I think that as far as Gameplay goes, Honoka just might be the most interesting character to play as. It's not like that Robot thing (I forget) in Tekken where the character uses an entire moveset of one character but rather, a mish-mash of of several characters at once, which possibly gives you an endless combination of combos.

On another note, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks she's an expy of Honoka from Love Live! Am I right? Oh yeah, I just saw her trailer, and it looks like she and Marie are going to be the series' Lili and Asuka.

You basically mean, she's Team Ninja's answer for Dural from Virtua Fighter (except without the ninjas' moves).

latest?cb=20140126021943

#134 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

It would be awesome if TN makes a love interest for Kasumi maybe not a ninja but a regular person who practices martial arts.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#135 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:55 PM

It would be awesome if TN makes a love interest for Kasumi maybe not a ninja but a regular person who practices martial arts.

You know, I have an idea about that:

OC of the moment, background and concept

latest?cb=20140126021943

#136 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:39 AM

Derock your awesome I like your character nice addition to the DOA universe. Though I didn't know about Kasumi not originally been the heroine and it was supposed to be this Kenji guy. TN should pay you if they choose to your character come true.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#137 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

Derock your awesome I like your character nice addition to the DOA universe. Though I didn't know about Kasumi not originally been the heroine and it was supposed to be this Kenji guy. TN should pay you if they choose to your character come true.

Thanks. I need to send that idea off. While its fine to show the fanservice and sexiness for the girls, which is "mandatory", but no one think about what made the title of Dead or Alive connect to the plotline. Yes, we know Fame Douglas created the company and started the tournaments but there are still questions: how and why (was shown in Dimensions) and where (never answered).

Some fans also knew about the Kenji character as well. It was also shocking that some fans even found out that Eliot's designs were concepted back in 1996 and was revived for DOA4.

Now for this "Kenji" character:

Kenji, my OC

latest?cb=20140126021943

#138 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

Is phase 4 another Kasumi clone stronger than alpha 152?

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#139 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:06 PM

Is phase 4 another Kasumi clone stronger than alpha 152?

We are not sure. So far, Phase-4 is another Kasumi clone but can express emotion. She has a free mind but doesn't have a free will due to being experimented by MIST and Victor Donovan to make sure she doesn't go beyond her programming. It said that she is like the original Kasumi pre-DOA5 in terms of personality.

Gameplay-wise, she is teleport-heavy and very, very strict upon execution.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#140 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:47 AM

I see I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of phase 4 in DOA6 as well as seeing Donovan's face. In other Team Ninja related news they announced Ninja Gaiden 4 in the future, sad they haven't confirm a release date. Sad more it will obviously be a PS4/Xbox one exclusive along with DOA6. I hope they make the next ninja gaiden more on teamwork like having co-op play in story mode. Ryu choosing a partner from Ayane, Momiji, Kasumi, Rachel heck even Irene. Also because of adding cooperative feature in the game story I hope they make it more challenging in difficulty putting to the test the meaning of teamwork. Similar to resident evil 5 and 6.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users