53 replies to this topic

#41 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:13 PM

Really great chapter! Im really looking forward to seeing the confrontation between Gaara and his father. Ever since the invasion of Konoha back in part 1, I've been interested in learning more about Gaara's family, specifically his father. It'll be nice to see whether he will die a villain or be redeemed in the end, though I am betting it will be the latter one. This IS Naruto afterall.

By the way, NS moments are part of the plot as well. Its just that since they are considered "romantic" they are not part of the main plot as such, but more of a subplot. Hell, a subplot doesn't even nesecarrily have to be resolved, because its not part of the main story. Its more of a nice bonus. That's how I see it anyway. smile.gif

Personally I hope to see an NS moment every time I read a new chapter, if I know that the possiblity is there. For example with the way things are going right now, Im not gonna demand or wish for an NS moment for the next couple of chapters, because that's not where the focus is right now. Right now, the focus is on Onoki and Gaara (but mostly on Gaara, it seems), so an NS moment right now would just screw up the pacing and the coherency of the story. Also it would be kind of random with the way things are going right now. sweatdrop.gif

I didn't hate the Bee and A flashbacks, they are not really my favorite characters, but I respect that Kishimoto wants to flesh out his characters a little and I can appreciate the story that he wishes to tell. In the end, I also really liked the flashbacks and thought that they gave some good indsight into Bee and A's relationship. thumbsup.gif

Also, not everyone reads the manga or watch the anime, for the same reasons. Some people care more about certain characters than others and some are more (if not only) interested in the romance and that's fine by me, as long as they acknowledge that they have to be patient to see what they want. If they can do that, then I have no problem with them.

Phew, seems like I got a little ranty there, but yeah, just thought I would give opinion on this matter. happy.gif

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#42 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jul 7 2011, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't mean any offense by that last post, I hope everyone knows that sweatdrop.gif I just saw everyone going on and on about how much they want a NaruSaku moment...it was getting kiiiiiiind of repetitive at points sweat.gif So it was refreshing to see a post that was more concerned about the plot.

100% agree. NaruSaku is like the topping. But it's not the reason I started liking Naruto in the first place.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#43 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:27 PM

Basically I agree with everything the person above me posted - great post!

Overall though, keep in mind that this is a site geared towards pairing fans, so of course this is the place where we can express that desire. Especially since Naruto is now on the battlefield, spreading himself around out and about - it's not unreasonable to hope he'll run into Sakura and we get a moment.

I know you didn't mean any offense, I'm just saying.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#44 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jul 8 2011, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Basically I agree with everything the person above me posted - great post!

Overall though, keep in mind that this is a site geared towards pairing fans, so of course this is the place where we can express that desire. Especially since Naruto is now on the battlefield, spreading himself around out and about - it's not unreasonable to hope he'll run into Sakura and we get a moment.

I know you didn't mean any offense, I'm just saying.

Exactly! To each their own! Also, like you pointed out, this is primarily a pairing website, so it makes sense that that is going to be focal point whenever a new chapter is released. That doesn't mean that its the ONLY thing people can talk about, and really the way I see it that's far from the case anyway.

Me personally I primarily read Naruto for Sakura and NS, since Sakura is my favorite character and im a big sucker for cheesy romance so yeah. a_thumbs.gif

Besides there is such a thing as having multiple things going on at the same time, so like you said, an NS moment while all this Gaara business is going on might not be all that unlikely afterall. a_plotting.gif

Edited by TerrorKing, 08 July 2011 - 12:04 AM.

fly to live, Aces high

#45 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jul 7 2011, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't mean any offense by that last post, I hope everyone knows that sweatdrop.gif I just saw everyone going on and on about how much they want a NaruSaku moment...it was getting kiiiiiiind of repetitive at points sweat.gif So it was refreshing to see a post that was more concerned about the plot.

Oh no I wasn't angry or offended just got over excited about my point, sorry that it seems I was. The problem wit typing online is that no can hear tones or see expressions so its hard to say how someone means something sweat.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 08 July 2011 - 01:32 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#46 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:22 AM

Hmmmm....Interesting chapter, shorter than I would have liked, i'm sure we usually get a couple of pages more than we got this week, wonder what Kabutomaru discovered that put such an expresion on his face, though the snake coming out of his backside is seriously gross. Was hoping to see more of Naruto clones in action but maybe next week...either way looking forward to Gaara laying some smackdown on his old man who ended up dying before Gaara could give him a good thumping.

Magnetic and Gold Elements introduced this week, though the magnetic element was dissapointing, we get a good detailed explanation getting us riled up at possible cool fight only to get a quick rasengan KO....it's like something I expect from Monty Python.

iAnby7W.gif

#47 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Jul 7 2011, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really great chapter! Im really looking forward to seeing the confrontation between Gaara and his father. Ever since the invasion of Konoha back in part 1, I've been interested in learning more about Gaara's family, specifically his father. It'll be nice to see whether he will die a villain or be redeemed in the end, though I am betting it will be the latter one. This IS Naruto afterall.

By the way, NS moments are part of the plot as well. Its just that since they are considered "romantic" they are not part of the main plot as such, but more of a subplot. Hell, a subplot doesn't even nesecarrily have to be resolved, because its not part of the main story. Its more of a nice bonus. That's how I see it anyway. smile.gif

Personally I hope to see an NS moment every time I read a new chapter, if I know that the possiblity is there. For example with the way things are going right now, Im not gonna demand or wish for an NS moment for the next couple of chapters, because that's not where the focus is right now. Right now, the focus is on Onoki and Gaara (but mostly on Gaara, it seems), so an NS moment right now would just screw up the pacing and the coherency of the story. Also it would be kind of random with the way things are going right now. sweatdrop.gif

I didn't hate the Bee and A flashbacks, they are not really my favorite characters, but I respect that Kishimoto wants to flesh out his characters a little and I can appreciate the story that he wishes to tell. In the end, I also really liked the flashbacks and thought that they gave some good indsight into Bee and A's relationship. thumbsup.gif

Also, not everyone reads the manga or watch the anime, for the same reasons. Some people care more about certain characters than others and some are more (if not only) interested in the romance and that's fine by me, as long as they acknowledge that they have to be patient to see what they want. If they can do that, then I have no problem with them.

Phew, seems like I got a little ranty there, but yeah, just thought I would give opinion on this matter. happy.gif

Why are you using spoiler tags we're on the third page??? huh.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#48 Nutt Man 117

Nutt Man 117

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:03 PM

I didn't expect we'd have a NaruSaku moment soon. Kishi probably wanted to finish the other battles that we were anticipating before. Kinda ironic how we wanted those battles before but now we reject them within a second for a NaruSaku goodness tongue.gif
I can't remember if there were any other battles to be fought after Gaara's and the current Tsuchikage battles against the past Kages. If there aren't i can't imagine our wait will be too long. The battle now currently in the manga may take a few chapters to get though depending if there are flashbacks or not (high possibility).
I'd still rather see Naruto in action than any other battle. I always get a high feeling seeing him fight now with his new Nine-tails power biggrin.gif

#49 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 8 2011, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why are you using spoiler tags we're on the third page??? huh.gif

Because it was late and I was really tired. sweat.gif

fly to live, Aces high

#50 Amrikandesi93

Amrikandesi93

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />NS!<br />Manga<br />Videogames<br />

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Nutt Man 117 @ Jul 8 2011, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't expect we'd have a NaruSaku moment soon. Kishi probably wanted to finish the other battles that we were anticipating before. Kinda ironic how we wanted those battles before but now we reject them within a second for a NaruSaku goodness tongue.gif
I can't remember if there were any other battles to be fought after Gaara's and the current Tsuchikage battles against the past Kages. If there aren't i can't imagine our wait will be too long. The battle now currently in the manga may take a few chapters to get though depending if there are flashbacks or not (high possibility).
I'd still rather see Naruto in action than any other battle. I always get a high feeling seeing him fight now with his new Nine-tails power biggrin.gif

I think that Kimimaro was brought back, and i really hope the 7 Swordsmen of the Mist will have another chance to shine.

Can't remember anyone else that was brough back.

#51 Nutt Man 117

Nutt Man 117

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (Amrikandesi93 @ Jul 9 2011, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that Kimimaro was brought back, and i really hope the 7 Swordsmen of the Mist will have another chance to shine.

Can't remember anyone else that was brough back.

Oh yeah, There is also Lady Chiyo I think. Might bring up a good excuse for Sakura to fight someone else. Who else better than someone she thought of as grandmother. Sakura would have to win of course. Just another reason to show that the next generation will surpass the previous.
And you mentioning the Legendary Swordsman just reminded me of Suigestu and Jugo and when they will be back in the plot. I'd imagine that they will enter the war but on which side. Do they have limits on how bad they can become or do hey just follow Sasuke without hesitation. I'd personally like to see them abandon Sasuke and assist the shinobi alliance.

#52 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

Well at this rate can we assume that A will fight HIS father? roll eyes*

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 July 2011 - 09:18 PM.

#53 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Nutt Man 117 @ Jul 9 2011, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah, There is also Lady Chiyo I think. Might bring up a good excuse for Sakura to fight someone else. Who else better than someone she thought of as grandmother. Sakura would have to win of course. Just another reason to show that the next generation will surpass the previous.

DO. WANT.

Any serious fight with Sakura would be amazing to see at this point - something reminiscent of her fight with Sasori (because she was seriously shining there).
And you mentioning the Legendary Swordsman just reminded me of Suigestu and Jugo and when they will be back in the plot. I'd imagine that they will enter the war but on which side. Do they have limits on how bad they can become or do hey just follow Sasuke without hesitation. I'd personally like to see them abandon Sasuke and assist the shinobi alliance.

I actually really want to see what's going on with Karin - she's by far my favorite member of Taka, and I think that she could play an interesting role in the war.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#54 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:44 AM

You mean like sell Sasuke or Madara out? pictureem0.gif