• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#61 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. >:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:05 AM

"...." Genji watched her walk away and quietly slip out the door.

However, he did as she requested and held onto the shinai. He swung it over his shoulder and made his way outside to the vividarium. The sound of the wind rustling through the trees, and the peaceful sound of running water through the stream, made him feel relaxed. Genji sat down in the center of the garden as he had often done. "...Even a Tiger needs time to himself." he thought to himself, placing the shinai beside him, as he crossed his legs and placed his hands on his knees. He took in a deep breath and focused silently.

Edited by ForgottenBushido, 31 October 2009 - 05:08 AM.

#62 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 30 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Looks like you got yourself a Ronin," Hiakri said to the spiky-haired girl with a grin. Hiakri then turned her attention back towards the Daimyo and asked him, "is there anything else that you wish of me, my lord?"

Haruka rose an eyebrow and answered Hikari's smirk with one of her own. It would be interesting to work with the light-hearted Ronin. She hadn't met much others like her, in times such as these.

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Oct 30 2009, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
" I see you and lazy-girl here have met. You'll be working with her. Whack her in the face to wake up early in the morning. That's all. "

The young man got up as he placed the sheet in a secret folder.

" ...Haruka. Take Hikari and go do your job. Explain her the mission. And don't fail me. We're going to war. And you'll be in the front lines. I advice you get some allies. " With that the daimyo hide the folder inside a drawer and sat back down.

" Dismissed. Your hired. Whatever. Bishamonten awaits. "

Bishamonten this, Bishamonten that... Religion was really overrated. How could something with no physical form help with the upcoming war? Ah well, it didn't really matter. "Yes, mi'Lord." She smiled a little, but it was gone a moment after it had appeared. "Make sure you get that meal, Lord Hideaki." Haruka murmured. "I cannot imagine that filling one's stomach with little more than sake alone would be good for one's health~"

And with that, she closed the door, starting back down one of the many hallways.

"So," The ninja began, looking over at the swordswoman besides her. "It was Hikari-san, right?"

#63 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:34 AM

Hideaki's ears peered as the noise coming from the other room. Was it crying? Sobbing? He couldn't tell. Whatever ninja woman. The daimyo was too busy trying to figure things out.

" Hanami. "

He whispered, as he gotten up. The sake was dropped quickly, as he walked off silently, dodging everything and everyone, opening and closing doors as he got into the room of his sister. Closing the door behind him , he walked off to his sister, somehow when he saw the tear on her eye he simply frowned.

" Wake up. "

He whispered. He seemed troubled. Hideaki...was such a bipolar monsters wasn't it?

#64 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (Yoko @ Nov 1 2009, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haruka rose an eyebrow and answered Hikari's smirk with one of her own. It would be interesting to work with the light-hearted Ronin. She hadn't met much others like her, in times such as these.

"So," The ninja began, looking over at the swordswoman besides her. "It was Hikari-san, right?"

"Yup! That's me. Hikari. Oh, I just rhymed. I'm good," Hikari said with a light laugh, as she and Haruka walked away from the Daimyo's room.

"So Ruka, and I hope you don't mind me calling you Ruka, what would you like me to do first? Do you want us to spar a bit, so that you can see my sword-fighting style, and I can get to see your ninja skills?" Hikari asked of Haruka with an easy smile.

#65 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Nov 1 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hideaki's ears peered as the noise coming from the other room. Was it crying? Sobbing? He couldn't tell. Whatever ninja woman. The daimyo was too busy trying to figure things out.

" Hanami. "

He whispered, as he gotten up. The sake was dropped quickly, as he walked off silently, dodging everything and everyone, opening and closing doors as he got into the room of his sister. Closing the door behind him , he walked off to his sister, somehow when he saw the tear on her eye he simply frowned.

" Wake up. "

He whispered. He seemed troubled. Hideaki...was such a bipolar monsters wasn't it?

She didn't look at him when he entered. Not even a glance. "I'm awake, Hideaki-niisan." she shivered, placing the blanket tighter around her body. "It's just..."

Her eyes started to fill with tears again. "Why ... Why did you keep this a secret from me? Why have you never told me the truth about Mother's death? I would have understood. You and Father ... I'm so confused right now!"

She brought her knees closer to her body and hugged them. "Both of you said that she died during a clan war against Ishida and Yamazika. But, that's not true, right? She died ... when she gave birth to me. When I found out about this, I had managed to keep my emotions because you came to your room. But now, it's all coming back to me. It's scaring me. Tell me, niisan, do you really hate me that much?"

---

Notes: Augh. Insecurity issues.

---

Edited by Shadowmoon~, 01 November 2009 - 06:22 AM.

#66 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 1 2009, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Yup! That's me. Hikari. Oh, I just rhymed. I'm good," Hikari said with a light laugh, as she and Haruka walked away from the Daimyo's room.

"So Ruka, and I hope you don't mind me calling you Ruka, what would you like me to do first? Do you want us to spar a bit, so that you can see my sword-fighting style, and I can get to see your ninja skills?" Hikari asked of Haruka with an easy smile.

Well, to tell the truth, she DID mind a bit. But it didn't really bother that much. Not enough to make a big deal out of it, and Haruka was much too lazy to do anything like that. Or something.

"A spar?" The ninja grinned a little. "That would be nice, I think. Shall we head outside, then?"

#67 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:32 AM

Hideaki sighed. " It's none of your fault. Bishamonten-...no. It was fate that led you to live and our mother to die. True...I miss her. But I cannot cast the burden of hatred upon you because of something you didn't want to do. " The daimyo took a deep breath. " It was either you. Or her. She chose you. Are you really willing to give up her sacrifice? "

The young man growled.

" And you were snooping around my things. As if you weren't educated by the best. You truly don't understand. We avoided to tell you, so you wouldn't act like this. "

Hideaki simply spoke out. " If we hated you...why would we hide these things from you? " The daimyo simply tried his best to be neutral about it. " Think about what I said and stop crying. Both mother and father would smite me for making you sob like this. " The young man got up and took another deep breath.

....Pressure was coming upon him again. War. Dysfunctional family. A weird case of mood swings wilder then a tsunami...and the fact that his retainers looked at him like a drunktard with the sole emotion of anger. Hideaki just wanted to conquer Japan.

#68 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (Yoko @ Nov 1 2009, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, to tell the truth, she DID mind a bit. But it didn't really bother that much. Not enough to make a big deal out of it, and Haruka was much too lazy to do anything like that. Or something.

"A spar?" The ninja grinned a little. "That would be nice, I think. Shall we head outside, then?"

Hikari got the distinct feeling that the ninja did *not* like her new nickname, but Hikari liked it and that was all there was to it.

"Outside? Sure! Let's go have a lil sparring action?" Hikari answered with a wild gleam in her eye.

#69 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 1 2009, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hikari got the distinct feeling that the ninja did *not* like her new nickname, but Hikari liked it and that was all there was to it.

"Outside? Sure! Let's go have a lil sparring action?" Hikari answered with a wild gleam in her eye.

Haruka flashed a smirk at the girl. "We should lay down some ground rules, then.." Did she even have her pepper-bombs on her? She reached into the pouch at her waist to make sure-- Yeah, she did. "Primary weapons only, I assume?"

She looked at the ronin. It seemed she only had the one sword on her, so Haruka was pretty sure she was correct in her assumption.

#70 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (Yoko @ Nov 1 2009, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haruka flashed a smirk at the girl. "We should lay down some ground rules, then.." Did she even have her pepper-bombs on her? She reached into the pouch at her waist to make sure-- Yeah, she did. "Primary weapons only, I assume?"

She looked at the ronin. It seemed she only had the one sword on her, so Haruka was pretty sure she was correct in her assumption.

"Sounds good to me," Hikari replied, as she allowed a wide grin to cross her face. Soon the two girls found themselves outside in the courtyard, and Hikari began to crouch and stretch out her limbs. Once she had worked out all the kinks, her right hand reached down to grasp the handle of her sword, and she went into a semi-low crouching stance, as she eyed the other girl.

"Ready whenever you are, Ninja."

#71 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Nov 1 2009, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hideaki sighed. " It's none of your fault. Bishamonten-...no. It was fate that led you to live and our mother to die. True...I miss her. But I cannot cast the burden of hatred upon you because of something you didn't want to do. " The daimyo took a deep breath. " It was either you. Or her. She chose you. Are you really willing to give up her sacrifice? "

The young man growled.

" And you were snooping around my things. As if you weren't educated by the best. You truly don't understand. We avoided to tell you, so you wouldn't act like this. "

Hideaki simply spoke out. " If we hated you...why would we hide these things from you? " The daimyo simply tried his best to be neutral about it. " Think about what I said and stop crying. Both mother and father would smite me for making you sob like this. " The young man got up and took another deep breath.

....Pressure was coming upon him again. War. Dysfunctional family. A weird case of mood swings wilder then a tsunami...and the fact that his retainers looked at him like a drunktard with the sole emotion of anger. Hideaki just wanted to conquer Japan.

Hanami simply sighed, and looked away. When her brother finished talking, she thought it would be best to at least say something. "Alright. But, as you said before..." she laughed lightly, her eyes clear of past tears. "Guilt will eat my heart and mind. And, I think that ... it's beginning right now."

She closed her eyes, and smiled, putting aside the pain she felt inside after knowing the truth about her mother. "And, I discovered that envelope by accident. Your sake-hiding skills should be improved. A lot."

#72 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:02 AM

" Value your life and value your status. Value the fact we stand in a time so chaotic, that I must preserve you from harm. But no. You don't understand it. " Hideaki breathed again.

" You're 15. Life is hitting you in the face so hard isn't it? I apologize. Now rest, tomorrow is going to be yet another hard day. "

The young man awaited her reply.

Edited by Yakatsu, 01 November 2009 - 07:10 AM.

#73 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 1 2009, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Sounds good to me," Hikari replied, as she allowed a wide grin to cross her face. Soon the two girls found themselves outside in the courtyard, and Hikari began to crouch and stretch out her limbs. Once she had worked out all the kinks, her right hand reached down to grasp the handle of her sword, and she went into a semi-low crouching stance, as she eyed the other girl.

"Ready whenever you are, Ninja."

Haruka stood there for a few minutes, dark eyes sharp as she assessed the other girl. The stance she took was interesting, as this little sparring match would most likely prove to be. The ninja was relaxed, not at all tense. She reached for the chain wrapped around her waist and loosened it, revealing there to be a weight at one end, and a sickle at the other.

"Always, Ronin." That smirk was still in place. But only for a moment, as it faded when her grip on the chain tightened, and she swung it at the swordswoman, the scythe heading towards her in a deadly swipe.

#74 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:25 AM

Hanami looked at him. "I do! But, there are still some things that I do not understand absolutely. However, I'll just follow your ... advice. A good night to you, brother." Her formal tone came back again.

She lied down, wrapping more blankets around herself. "Oh, I almost forget." She then proceeded to glare at him. "No sake tonight, alright? I know that's how you pray to Bishamonten, but there's a limit for everyone. Including you."

#75 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:30 AM

Hikari let a wild grin cover her face, as she dashed forward, slipping past the wicked edge of the scythe with centimeters to spare, noting idly that the blade of the scythe cut a small wisp of her hair as she moved past it.

Then following through on her forward rush, Hikari swiftly pulled her blade from its sheath, and slashed upwards to the other girl's exposed front.

#76 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:34 AM

" Bishamonten's will is my limit. Now be silent and rest. " Hideaki walked off as he closed the door.

" Silly child. " He smiled as he walked off to his room. The sake bottle would stay untouched for today. Just today. Bishamonten would require extra praise tomorrow.

[Shorttttt.]

#77 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 1 2009, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hikari let a wild grin cover her face, as she dashed forward, slipping past the wicked edge of the scythe with centimeters to spare, noting idly that the blade of the scythe cut a small wisp of her hair as she moved past it.

Then following through on her forward rush, Hikari swiftly pulled her blade from its sheath, and slashed upwards to the other girl's exposed front.

Haruka hopped back, avoiding the strike. Quickly ditching the sickle, she aimed three needle-like projectile weapons at her-- These ones weren't poisoned, at least. The ronin was good, but not better than the ninja herself. Where Hikari had technique, Haruka had speed. It evened out pretty well.

Maybe she wouldn't need a ninja squad...

With that thought in mind, Haruka followed up her previous strike with another, this time with twin daggers, heading for the other girl's gut.

#78 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (Yoko @ Nov 1 2009, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haruka hopped back, avoiding the strike. Quickly ditching the sickle, she aimed three needle-like projectile weapons at her-- These ones weren't poisoned, at least. The ronin was good, but not better than the ninja herself. Where Hikari had technique, Haruka had speed. It evened out pretty well.

Maybe she wouldn't need a ninja squad...

With that thought in mind, Haruka followed up her previous strike with another, this time with twin daggers, heading for the other girl's gut.

Hikari twirled around quickly, light as a cat on her feet, and met the three projectile weapons with her sword's blade, deflecting the projectiles and knocking them to the ground. But before she even had a chance to breath, Hikari saw Haruka rushing forward with twin daggers flashing in the sunlight in her hands, and Hikari danced backwards as she held up her blade to parry Haruka's attack.

#79 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:13 AM

Maybe it was the heat, or maybe it was the blatantly obvious fact that this stumbling girl dressed in white was lazy, but Chihiro felt exhausted. She was dead set on getting to her destination and bunking down, more or less to gather money as well. Couldn’t eat without it, although sometimes, the sluggish girl did go without eating, just because work required movement, and on some days that was just impossible to do.

Reaching out, she raked her slender, calloused hand through the rough fur of her very large, and very orange, pet Akita. “Well George, I think we are almost here, but your ganna haft to mind your manners” Stopping at the sound of her voice, the dog began to wiggle a bit from excitement, letting out several gruff, deep glutted barks.

“Calm down you silly mutt…” Chihiro grumbled, pushing a rogue strand of raven colored hair away from her almond shaped face.

She packed lack, a brown satchel bobbing casually at her side, and a red handled katana settled diagonally across her back.

Rolling a shoulder, she pressed forward with dragging steps, craving some Sake and rice wine.

Once entering the castle, she caught site of several bustling servants. “Tell the Daimyo the ronin, Chihiro the protected has entered his castle.” Dismissing him, she took sight of another servant, carrying a tray of Sake. Reaching out, she took the small cup full of its potent liquid and took a long sip.

Ah yes, this trip had already become worth it.

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#80 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:19 AM

" Sir. "

The messenger rushed off at Hideaki. The daimyo was fuming mad. Today was the day to make everyone annoy the living inch out of the young man.

" Nod, if it's some ronin. "

The messenger nodded and continued. " But she told me- "

Hideaki interrupted him.

" Nod. "

The messenger nodded.

" Office. Tell her. " Hideaki then stormed into his office.

The messenger returned to the ronin. " Go straight forward. Our lord awaits you in the office. " He spoke as he bowed down to the ronin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users