31572 replies to this topic

#27041 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:16 PM

YES, Kishi and SP HAVE dodged questions regarding why NH and SS are canon and why "The Last: Naruto the movie" was made. It has always been about finger pointing at someone else or not even answering the question if business conducting is not successful.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27042 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:08 AM

YES, Kishi and SP HAVE dodged questions regarding why NH and SS are canon and why "The Last: Naruto the movie" was made. It has always been about finger pointing at someone else or not even answering the question if business conducting is not successful.

Because Hinata needed to have her happy ending, and nothing else matters, well mainly to SP they don't care they got Hinata's happy ending. As for Sasuke well Kishi only cares that the Uchiha get the spot light.

#27043 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:19 AM

http://anti-endings....o-to-hiruzen-to

This brings up a valid point.

#27044 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:22 PM

Spread the NaruSaku goodness before I begin writing the final chapters of my book (which I've been writing since December 7th 2014)

so roughly 4 years and 2 months (come Thursday) 

tumblr_inline_pmf8nbufkd1wwjt80_540.png

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#27045 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:54 AM

Found this...its two years old.

This is the guy that can do goofy:

or 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ7IxXN9hm0

"Sakura brought a knife to a gun fight and when she finally got a gun, people started throwing nukes around."

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 06 February 2019 - 07:54 AM.

#27046 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:28 PM

Bad news to haters:

There was an interview with Ikemoto and he said he's looking into working within 30 volumes worth of Boruto.

#27047 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:03 PM

I WISH it would die, it doesn't mean that I'm expecting it to. Realistically, Boruto is not a new series so it is not going through the same cut throat business practice of other series where if they don't produce sales or popularity they get their plug pulled. That is just fact that SP and Shueisha will continue to "bone excavate" that zombie franchise dry until there is no reason to anymore.

#27048 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

I WISH it would die, it doesn't mean that I'm expecting it to. Realistically, Boruto is not a new series so it is not going through the same cut throat business practice of other series where if they don't produce sales or popularity they get their plug pulled. That is just fact that SP and Shueisha will continue to "bone excavate" that zombie franchise dry until there is no reason to anymore.

Well, what else does SP got to make money with? Black Clover? Fat chance.

Bold: Funny how Bleach wasn't a new series either at the time and they still pulled the plug.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27049 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:58 PM

There was an interview with Ikemoto and he said he's looking into working within 30 volumes worth of Boruto.

AlarmingPeskyImago-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#27050 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:18 PM

Bold: Funny how Bleach wasn't a new series either at the time and they still pulled the plug.

yeah I don't even know what the story is with Bleach.

Black Clover, I believe is still quite popular despite all the negativity surrounding it. I'm not actually sure of what the statistics are for the anime's popularity, nor do I know for sure if it is a big money maker for SP but I think it is doing quite well since it was renewed for new episodes. It originally was supposed to be 13 then pushed to 51, after that point the episodes kept rolling so, yeah. But again I don't know for sure, I am personally a big fan though :smile:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 February 2019 - 07:20 PM.

#27051 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:29 PM

Bad news to haters:

30 Volumes huh hmm lets see here 

lets see currently there are 7 volumes = 27 chapters (total of 3 years worth of content Including movie rehash) 

That means Boruto will go on up to Chapter 119 estimation wise (which means atleast another 9.5 years) = Boruto will have an 10-11 year run!

#27052 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:08 PM

yeah I don't even know what the story is with Bleach.

Black Clover, I believe is still quite popular despite all the negativity surrounding it. I'm not actually sure of what the statistics are for the anime's popularity, nor do I know for sure if it is a big money maker for SP but I think it is doing quite well since it was renewed for new episodes. It originally was supposed to be 13 then pushed to 51, after that point the episodes kept rolling so, yeah. But again I don't know for sure, I am personally a big fan though :smile:  

Of course, "popularity" is such a loose term in this day and age.

One minute popularity means "Anything that makes a large amount of money" and now it means "Anything that more than 2 two people enjoy."

One minute it means "Anything that double's it investment" and now it means "If is not making as much money as this other successful thing, then it is not popular or good." (Marvel vs DC movie. A DC movie can make 800 million, but because they don;t make as much as Marvel movies, it is a bust apparently.)

Boruto is nowhere near what Naruto was originally making and yet people say "it is popular."

So, I have to be very careful with that word seeing how one minute can be popular and the next it is being cancelled. Bleach is one such example of "It still did better than Boruto, but they cancelled it cause it wasn't making as much as Dragonball, but Boruto is still going."

So I don't know.

I always said "Black Clover is Naruto discovering goth and buying from Hot topic."

Edited by James S Cassidy, 06 February 2019 - 08:08 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27053 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:00 AM

True enough. Although I hope that Black Clover blows Boruto out of the water though lol because I think it gets A LOT flak for having themes similar to Naruto but it actually executes them much better, in my opinion anyway. 

#27054 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:07 AM

Question, why are you guys assuming Black Clover is the next Naruto?  No one I knew even talk about that series, online and off. But I'm seeing everywhere that My Hero Academia is getting all of the attention to become the next Naruto.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#27055 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:59 AM

Six Quirks of OFA does make it too easy.

#27056 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:22 AM

ProZD is good internet content. I saw someone threw some of his videos up in here so I might as well vouch for him. Funny guy with amusing skits who knows how to get his s*** in and get out without belaboring a joke.

lets see currently there are 7 volumes = 27 chapters (total of 3 years worth of content Including movie rehash) 

That means Boruto will go on up to Chapter 119 estimation wise (which means atleast another 9.5 years) = Boruto will have an 10-11 year run!

They're dropping about four chapters per volume. This thing's monthly, so a volume is roughly four months worth, leaving three volumes to comprise a years work. There are enough chapters out to comprise an eighth volume, so we'll figure going based on the past the four that are out will be volume eight. That leaves twenty two volumes from here, assuming this plan holds. Which, divided by three, suggests about seven and one third years worth of this thing to go, assuming no delays.

That's also assuming they get that far. I don't know what reader retention for this series looks like, but if it drops too far they might have no choice but to wrap it up. Judging by the chapters I've taken a peek at and the synopsis I've read for the rest, this thing looks like it reads at a glacial pace, similar to Naruto, and monthly material's a different beast. You can't write them the same way, since the gap between chapters is a lot longer. That said, I don't know what the portfolio of the people putting the manga together looks like; even if its readership bottoms out, they might keep it going if they don't have anything else to hinge their bets on. This happens in TV sometimes when a lineup doesn't have anything new to pick up the slack when an old, once popular show needs to go out to pasture.

Edited by dl316bh, 07 February 2019 - 01:39 AM.

bd5.jpg

#27057 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:14 AM

Six Quirks of OFA does make it too easy.

Deku should've been like "f *** that  I'm riding solo"  (que the music) :lmao:

#27058 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:18 AM

Deku should've been like "f *** that  I'm riding solo"  (que the music) :lmao:

Like it's REALLY that easy. XD Considering he still has to learn to control the other Quirks too.

#27059 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:38 AM

Just a heads up, I edited both of your posts. Watch the language, people. Carry on.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#27060 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:49 AM

Bad news to haters:

Haters? I have had that feeling towards Boruto for at least a good year. Annoyed, un-impressed, or irritated are more accurate.

...With how slow the story has gone so far. They need at least 50 to actually have a story.

Black Clovers doing fine from what I've seen both internationally and in the home country. Its anime just had a bad first impression.

SP got sick of doing filler, and Kubo was in conflict with the editors. SP will keep Boruto going because of their goddess, and I doubt Ikemoto or Kodachi does anything without  the editors' approval.

That means Boruto will go on up to Chapter 119 estimation wise (which means at least another 9.5 years) = Boruto will have an 10-11 year run!

...Let's be clear. I am not doing those summaries for that long.

Question, why are you guys assuming Black Clover is the next Naruto?  No one I knew even talk about that series, online and off. But I'm seeing everywhere that My Hero Academia is getting all of the attention to become the next Naruto.

Like Phantom said they have similar theme's or elements. To be honest it is both My hero academy and Black Clover that are the new Naruto. MHA got Naruto's popularity, and BC a similar story. Which leaves Boruto with just the brand.

ProZD is good internet content. I saw someone threw some of his videos up in here so I might as well vouch for him. Funny guy with amusing skits who knows how to get his s*** in and get out without belaboring a joke.

They're dropping about four chapters per volume. This thing's monthly, so a volume is roughly four months worth, leaving three volumes to comprise a years work. There are enough chapters out to comprise an eighth volume, so we'll figure going based on the past the four that are out will be volume eight. That leaves twenty two volumes from here, assuming this plan holds. Which, divided by three, suggests about seven and one third years worth of this thing to go, assuming no delays.

That's also assuming they get that far. I don't know what reader retention for this series looks like, but if it drops too far they might have no choice but to wrap it up. Judging by the chapters I've taken a peek at and the synopsis I've read for the rest, this thing looks like it reads at a glacial pace, similar to Naruto, and monthly material's a different beast. You can't write them the same way, since the gap between chapters is a lot longer. That said, I don't know what the portfolio of the people putting the manga together looks like; even if its readership bottoms out, they might keep it going if they don't have anything else to hinge their bets on. This happens in TV sometimes when a lineup doesn't have anything new to pick up the slack when an old, once popular show needs to go out to pasture.

Remember the Boruto is a monthly series when you're saying months you also mean chapters.

It hard to find any data. We know the Naruto to Boruto game was a flop a few months back. As for the manga:  Lets see: Vol. 3: 180k Vol. 4: 130k Vol. 5: 124k Now Vol. 6: 96k."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users