• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#1 Jade Ninja

Jade Ninja

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Skiing, skiing, more skiing, watch anime/read manga while not skiing.<br /><br />Oh, and getting sponsored for skiing.<br /><br />Oh, and drinking in hottubs after skiing.<br /><br />...<br /><br />and hot chicks.<br /><br />...<br /><br />preferably in hottubs drinking with me.

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:13 AM

Well, chapter 494 out at Mangastream.

http://mangastream.c...ruto/34044170/1

Enjoy!
The world is going to hell in a sporty dream car, and I'm here to point it out.

#2 Jade Ninja

Jade Ninja

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Skiing, skiing, more skiing, watch anime/read manga while not skiing.<br /><br />Oh, and getting sponsored for skiing.<br /><br />Oh, and drinking in hottubs after skiing.<br /><br />...<br /><br />and hot chicks.<br /><br />...<br /><br />preferably in hottubs drinking with me.

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:17 AM

So initial thoughts: not a BAD chapter, (we get a look at Bee's past, and see how his relationships and experiences mirror and foil Naruto's,) but overall just an expository chapter. Hell, it's still better than the Sasuke-fest we got six months ago. Way to go Dark Naruto!

(PS, Yaoi fans, please keep your ecstatic glee to yourselves. Some of us would like to ENJOY this.)
The world is going to hell in a sporty dream car, and I'm here to point it out.

#3 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:29 AM

I liked this chapter. It was straight and to the point. As well, we even got some more insight into how Naruto feels about Konoha. It'd be hard to just let go of all of the villagers bad will, after all. But seeing the way Bee acted when he showed up, I have faith that Naruto and he are going to become good friends. Bee's pretty much like an adult Naruto, after all. smile.gif

Also, I like knowing that A is the one that cut off the Hachibi's horn. It gives him even more badass cred.

Edited by KungFuTruffle, 13 May 2010 - 05:30 AM.

#4 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:06 AM

Interesting. Kishimoto is really speeding things up so we must be coming to the end of the road.

Seems Naruto is not so trust worthy to others yet as he still feels like an outcast. Perhaps it is only a few people he trusts more than most, but I guess he feels that people only like him out of hero-worship. Kind of like how some girls are.

He doesn't know if he believes that the village has changed because a lifetime of hatred is not easily forgotten. I guess Naruto has to learn to forgive before he can forget.

BTW, is it me or does Killer-Bee as a kid look like Bobby Hill from Kind of the Hill?

Also can someone help me out clarify something.

http://mangastream.c...uto/34044170/11

Page 11. Naruto says "Bastard. He's just using me." I don't quite understand this scene. Can someone explain it to me so I can better understand it? Who is he saying this about and what does it mean?

Edited by James S Cassidy, 13 May 2010 - 06:22 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#5 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 13 2010, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps it is only a few people he trusts more than most, but I guess he feels that people only like him out of hero-worship. Kind of like how some girls are.

You might want to be careful James. whistling.gif

I thought it was a great chapter too. Seeing how Kumo sealed the Hachibi in a pot and done it to multiple Jinchuuriki hosts, Kumo is more advance than Konoha, unless the power gap between Kyuubi and Hachibi is so great that only the death god binding seal was capable of defeating Kyuubi. Raikage is also beast himself breaking one of the Hachibi's horns.

I'm glad this flashback lasted only one chapter and hopefully Naruto defeating his Yami self will to. happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 13 May 2010 - 06:33 AM.

#6 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ May 12 2010, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You might want to be careful James. whistling.gif

What? I am not talking Hinata or Sakura or the girls in Naruto.

I knew girls in real life who didn't like certain guys until they one day saved their life. I also had one girl just like this because I saved her life from her old boyfriend. She really didn't love me, she just loved the fact that someone saved her.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#7 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 12 2010, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also can someone help me out clarify something.

http://mangastream.c...uto/34044170/11

Page 11. Naruto says "Bastard. He's just using me." I don't quite understand this scene. Can someone explain it to me so I can better understand it? Who is he saying this about and what does it mean?

I think he means that Motoi isn't actually trying to help him overcome his training, he's using Naruto to make himself feel better about his past actions regarding Killer Bee. Which is true.

#8 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ May 12 2010, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he means that Motoi isn't actually trying to help him overcome his training, he's using Naruto to make himself feel better about his past actions regarding Killer Bee. Which is true.

Ah okay. I get it now.

Thanks, I was a bit confused about that.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#9 soot-r

soot-r

Deva Path

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:47 AM

nice chapter, but I don't get something. Didn't they said the bijuu needed to be seal in a new born?

#10 pinkheartsyellowstars

pinkheartsyellowstars

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:54 AM

The Chapter is great.. biggrin.gif

#11 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (soot-r @ May 13 2010, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice chapter, but I don't get something. Didn't they said the bijuu needed to be seal in a new born?

No. It has never been said in canon that a bijuu needs to be sealed inside of an infant. That's a creation of fanfiction.

#12 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ May 13 2010, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. It has never been said in canon that a bijuu needs to be sealed inside of an infant. That's a creation of fanfiction.

I always assumed it was easier to plant it into kids because they lack the what's the word? Chakra control? To regect the foreign entity.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#13 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:23 AM

Alright chapter :3

Lmao at Bee blasting through squid!

Gotta-go bye!

#14 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:35 AM

To be honest, I understand Naruto doubts, and they are nearly impossible to overcome. Taking apart Sakura, Hinata, kakashi, Sai an Co, everybody in the village hated Naruto for something he wasn't guilty of, and shuned him. Now they respect him like none of this had never happened, and treat him like a hero. An exemple is chapter 1 when a bunch of women where saying how good was that Naruto didn't become a ninja and that was better for him to stay in the dark forever, and now I could easily picture them being in the middle of the villagers after pain battle screaming how awesome Naruto is. People that act like that are nothing but double faces to me, and thats why part me hated when villagers welcomed Naruto that day. It didn't felt right dry.gif . But hopefuly Naruto is better than that, and thats why he will overcome his darker self. happy.gif

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#15 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:40 AM

Chapter was too short, we really needed more info on the background on Bee, maybe show why they needed a second Jinchuriki when they already had a the two tails? I wasn't satisfied with their reasoning, Having the two tails would have been enough, only Rock had more than one beast and from the sounds of it they were both abandoned. Was it really worth losing so many live over it?

I thought Kishi had stated that a Bijuu could only be sealed within a newborn because their Chakra coils are not fully developed, and only they could handle the Bijuu's chakra. (If that isn't the case i'd love to know who started that theory that is pretty much standard accross the board.) Maybe that's only the case for the Nine tails whse chakra appears to be poison to the average Joe as proved when Sakura just sampled a bit of it.

Was it me or did this chapter appear to be badly translated or was it just because it was too rushed? wasn't a bad chapter but was definitely rushed...does Kishi really want to go back to Sasuke that much?

iAnby7W.gif

#16 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:38 PM

The chapter was good better than I thought. I don't think Kishi is rushing on things I think he wants to get back to Naruto vs dark Naruto in the next chapter it might last two chapters. By 497 Kisame might finally make his move and try to take Bee but I'm sure Gai will interfer and they will finish what they started when he fouthg the clone back at the rescue Gaara arc.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#17 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:09 PM

Even though it was a great chapter, I gonna play Devil's Advocate and say that Motoi will not last long in the next upcoming chapters... After seeing the last page, I'm assumimg he's not going to last long, we're probably see him sacrificing himself to protect Killer Bee and Naruto from being captured (whenever Kisame decides to come out of Samehada soon that is).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#18 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

well it was a great chapter but a little bit short. It really seems that naruto doesn't feel steady. I suppose that we will see an outburst of the demon fox

#19 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 13 2010, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What? I am not talking Hinata or Sakura or the girls in Naruto.

I knew girls in real life who didn't like certain guys until they one day saved their life. I also had one girl just like this because I saved her life from her old boyfriend. She really didn't love me, she just loved the fact that someone saved her.

I knew you weren't talking about the manga's kunoichi. I thought you were talking bad about some girls in general. biggrin.gif I guess you weren't though. happy.gif

#20 pinkheartsyellowstars

pinkheartsyellowstars

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

Guys, just wanna ask, if do you think Karin sensed the evil Naruto too? huh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users