77 replies to this topic

#1 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:34 AM

Hey people. This is a drawing made by Kishimoto, volume 41 of manga, which depicts a Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura a little more realistic.

I think Naruto's very beautiful here. With a wild and masculine appearance.

Based on that. Who do you indicate to interpret our favorite blonde in cinema?

Edited by Manara, 25 May 2011 - 09:35 PM.

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog
My Twitter: @themanara

#2 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (Manara @ May 20 2011, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey people. This is a drawing made by Kishimoto, volume 41 of manga, which depicts a Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura a little more realistic.

I think Naruto's very beautiful here. With a wild and masculine appearance.

And Sakura has a modern classic type beauty- a profile like the Japanese movie stars of the 1930's-70's.

Edited by ciardha, 20 May 2011 - 08:02 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#3 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

Oh sure sure sure!!! Hayden Christensen,when he was more younger, with blonde hair would be perfect!

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#4 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:59 PM

I don't know about Hayden Christensen. Naruto is a very emotive character, and from what I remember from the Star Wars prequel trilogy, Christensen had as much emotion as a rock. Even his most dramatic scene in Episode 3, his fight with Obi-Wan, was dull, at least as far his dialogue went. I remember my brother and I were laughing in the theater at his "If you are not my friend...you are...MY ENEMY!" line. But I guess that was years ago, maybe he's improved as an actor since then.

That being said, I pray to the heavens that Hollywood doesn't touch Naruto. I've yet to see a good Western live-action anime movie. I'm still recovering from Dragonball: Evolution (*shivers*), and I'm having nightmares about how Warner Bros. recently bought the rights to a live-action Bleach movie.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 20 May 2011 - 04:00 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#5 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ May 20 2011, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about Hayden Christensen. Naruto is a very emotive character, and from what I remember from the Star Wars prequel trilogy, Christensen had as much emotion as a rock. Even his most dramatic scene in Episode 3, his fight with Obi-Wan, was dull, at least as far his dialogue went. I remember my brother and I were laughing in the theater at his "If you are not my friend...you are...MY ENEMY!" line. But I guess that was years ago, maybe he's improved as an actor since then.

Yeah, he'd be much better for Sasuke. Right range of emotions, and he kind of has that sullen look/vibe that Sasuke should have.

Maybe the question should be: what western actor past or present (at any point in their career) do you think both had the right looks and acting range for Naruto. And since this is narusaku club, what western actress past or present (at any point in their career) had the right looks and acting range for Sakura.

Dream casting thread- I remember participating in threads like these in just about every fandom I've belong to online since the internet was text based newsgroups in the early 1990's. smile.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#6 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:45 PM

well, I think the character was also pretty bad (sorry fans of star
wars). I remember his good performances and emotive. in "Life as a House"
he was great.

Weel I find soooo hard to think about who would be Sakura, but I think you have
reason, and I will rename the topic.

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#7 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:49 AM

Ryan Phillippe, Jessica Alba, and for Sasuke Christian Bale. LOL love to hate him!

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#8 RandomAnimeFan

RandomAnimeFan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:55 AM

I'm new so hi everyone and from what i've been reading in this thread,is there going to be a western naruto live action movie?

#9 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:38 AM

^Welcom to the H&E. Hope you enjoy your time here thumbsup.gif

As for your question; no, Naruto isn't going to get a Hollywood makeover (as far as we know). The thread is simply discussing which Western stars do we think would be ideal for the main roles, specifically Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke.

Edited by Quinny52, 21 May 2011 - 07:38 AM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#10 RandomAnimeFan

RandomAnimeFan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (Quinny52 @ May 21 2011, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^Welcom to the H&E. Hope you enjoy your time here thumbsup.gif

As for your question; no, Naruto isn't going to get a Hollywood makeover (as far as we know). The thread is simply discussing which Western stars do we think would be ideal for the main roles, specifically Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke.
Okay,thanks.I'm not sure which actors could play Naruto,Sakura,or Sasuke...I have to think about it.

#11 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

Hey. What do you think about this?

I'm really terrible at photoshop. But I think Kristen convinces as Sakura.
And still have not found anything better than Hayden Christensen for Naruto. You?

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#12 RandomAnimeFan

RandomAnimeFan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Manara @ May 21 2011, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey. What do you think about this?

I'm really terrible at photoshop. But I think Kristen convinces as Sakura.
And still have not found anything better than Hayden Christensen for Naruto. You?

Kristen could be sakura.I don't know about Hayden Christensen though for Naruto.

#13 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (RandomAnimeFan @ May 21 2011, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.I don't know about Hayden Christensen though for Naruto.

Yeah, he would have been good for Sasuke not Naruto.

But dreamcasting wise, Mark Hamill back in Star Wars: A New Hope was filmed wouldn't have been be a bad choice for Naruto- looks and acting style.

http://upload.wikime...e_Skywalker.jpg

Edited by ciardha, 21 May 2011 - 03:21 PM.

#14 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ May 21 2011, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But dreamcasting wise, Mark Hamill back in Star Wars: A New Hope was filmed wouldn't have been be a bad choice for Naruto- looks and acting style.

LOL not!! Next!

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#15 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

I'm not totally convinced as well. But he completed some criteria.
Big eyes. Male traits: square chin, eyebrows grocer, imperfect nose ...

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#16 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

No, no, no, NO! If Kristen Stewart ever played Sakura I would claw my eyes out. Her acting suck and is so emotionless and dull. Hell she could play Sasuke heheelq7.png

#17 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ May 21 2011, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, no, no, NO! If Kristen Stewart ever played Sakura I would claw my eyes out. Her acting suck and is so emotionless and dull. Hell she could play Sasuke heheelq7.png

It seems that anyone can interpret Sasuke XD
Just be quiet most of the time and say "uh" as in once in a very unfriendly.

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

#18 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Manara @ May 21 2011, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems that anyone can interpret Sasuke XD
Just be quiet most of the time and say "uh" as in once in a very unfriendly.

Oh no, it takes special talent to make someone love to hate you, feel sorry for you, and want to kill you all at the same time. tongue.gif
And for Naruto the actor would have to be able to portray sincere love, deep anger, shame, confusion, joy, and determination. Quite a spectrum of emotions there.
ETA seriously I'd like to see a fresh face with great acting talent play the part of Naruto. I wouldn't want an actor who has played a lot of other movie roles because I tend to let their characters coincide in my mind. I like the way The Last Airbender had all new faces and I would want the same (but with more talent) in a live action Naruto.

Edited by Nee-sama, 21 May 2011 - 04:07 PM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#19 RandomAnimeFan

RandomAnimeFan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ May 21 2011, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah next suggestion?

#20 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ May 21 2011, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh no, it takes special talent to make someone love to hate you, feel sorry for you, and want to kill you all at the same time. tongue.gif
And for Naruto the actor would have to be able to portray sincere love, deep anger, shame, confusion, joy, and determination. Quite a spectrum of emotions there.
ETA seriously I'd like to see a fresh face with great acting talent play the part of Naruto. I wouldn't want an actor who has played a lot of other movie roles because I tend to let their characters coincide in my mind. I like the way The Last Airbender had all new faces and I would want the same (but with more talent) in a live action Naruto.

Ok. But finding an unknown actor is like ... a little difficult;
And since we're only playing here, I think it could secure more in appearance. It could be a model ... or whatever. someone have a brother blonde?

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users