Close
Photo

certain similarities

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Uzumaki's Fire

Uzumaki's Fire

The Darkness shall not have its place in the Light.

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Known as: forum spammer, ero-sennin jr jr, orange, slapbunny<br /><br />Likes: XBOX 360, NaruSaku, FanFiction.net, schools, skinning

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:00 PM

Hmmm... I was reading some fanfics about Naruto and Star Wars and I see something very similar.

NaruSaku = LukeMara

Naruto = Luke - The hero type who'll do anything to help out.

Saku = Mara - Crazy arrogant girls... SCARED of them when they're mad..

Both always in a team...

I also think that the Naruto storyline is heavily based on Star Wars. I mean, come on! Look at the ranks, their practically the same thing!! And the teacher/apprentice crap. It's there too!!

#2 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:16 PM

You seriously are going the wrong way.

The Naruto Ninja Rankings are based on the Japanese military ranking. Like Star Wars they took the idea out of the American military ranking.

The teacher and the 3-man cell thing is a method conducted by Japanese militia after Pearl Harbor to scan and patrol the streets. And also it's logical. Who's going to send 3 twelve year olds into missions with bloodlustful people that are ready to rip their skin off?

Masashi Kishimoto , took ideas from Final Fantasy and his hometown , which was a military town when he was young. But he never did mention something about Star Wars.

The Teacher/Apprentice thing comes from the book/legend of Jiraiya Goketsu Monogatari (児雷也豪傑物語, "The tale of the gallant Jiraiya") , where Jiraiya was a masterful ninja that used Toad magic. He had a follower named Orochimaru , that betrayed him and blah blah blah. In the end Jiraiya gets a new follower. Full stop. Don't come barging in saying that it's a blond small sized moron with the addiction of saying Dattebayo or Believe it. Because I don't even know it myself.

So yeah. Basically George Lucas doesn't need to sue Masashi Kishimoto now.

Star Wars has about a huge scale interplanetary war scenario right? Naruto is about a blond guy and his adventures to find his emo friend Sasuke. Don't see a connection there bud.

Character thingy fact. Of course there's similarities about both of them , by their actions. But by nature there isn't. Naruto is the hip hip jolly good time kind of guy with always a grin on his face. Luke is some sort of father killer crazy arse with a serious over bite at seeing the world.
Sakura and Mara are pretty much the side-liner female character that is there but is always with the same stereotypical attitude.

After ranting and actually enjoying this I rest my case because I'm tired. D8

#3 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:02 PM

Could not of said it better myself Yakatsu. People are always reaching trying to find ways why this or that is a rip off of something else. Not saying that was really the OP's intention, but I am just tired of always hearing something is a rip off of starwars.

#4 Uzumaki's Fire

Uzumaki's Fire

The Darkness shall not have its place in the Light.

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Known as: forum spammer, ero-sennin jr jr, orange, slapbunny<br /><br />Likes: XBOX 360, NaruSaku, FanFiction.net, schools, skinning

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:22 PM

You guys really just cornered me really badly.

*cowers in fear*

#5 Kalluri Vaanil

Kalluri Vaanil

When we bleed we bleed the same

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu)
Masashi Kishimoto , took ideas from Final Fantasy and his hometown , which was a military town when he was young. But he never did mention something about Star Wars.

Took ideas from Final Fantasy!?! Where'd ya read this? Or did you just guess? biggrin.gif

#6 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:22 AM

http://www.narutofan...imoto,biography

Whoops. Not Final Fantasy....It's Dragon Quest. XDD

Edit : He does take ideas of RPG games such as Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy thanks to their heavy otaku influence during the early 90's and late 80's , the time when he started drawing and taking interest on Dragon Ball Z , which was also a influencer.

Sorry for the mistake , won't happen again D8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users