408 replies to this topic

#361 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:58 AM

Fodra Queen? Is that the last boss of the epilogue? I was ready to move on when I fought her. So after I lost on a harder difficult (don't remember which one), I just turned it simple so I could see the ending? I am so lame.

She's the last boss from the side story of" Lineage and Legacies" which takes place one year after the events of the game or rather after the defeat of Lambda. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#362 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:09 AM

The game does resolve the Eizen situation if you choose to fight him. I think it should have been mandatory, but you can choose to fight him. I liked anime/game Alisha about the same. I just meant that the anime's handling of her character was better because it didn't drop her, but developed a subplot for her (that the game had started to developed and then dropped) and includes her in the remainder of the quest. Liked anime Rose (though I liked game rose) better because they actually spend a little time of developing her.  I liked that she pushed to be a squire rather than getting recruited and actually have her doubt herself and life choices. It's not the only route to go with her character, but its one possibility and its more than the game did. 

As for Graces, yeah, Kurt kicked my ass and I think I had to drop the difficulty a level to beat him.

I completely agree with it being mandatory whether to kill him or help him, it shouldn't have been a choice. Ohhh, I agree with you about Alisha, I just liked her game counterpart and story but the anime kept her so I was like whatever xD Rose definitely got a better development.

Kurt.....I don't want to speak of him.....he reminds me of Abyssion.....(maybe lol)

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#363 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:11 AM

Anyone want Tales of Asteria on a console? I wanna see what Velvet does to help the world, love her team (except probably Jude and Mikleo since I see them too much)

Joui Four

#364 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:19 AM

Anyone want Tales of Asteria on a console? I wanna see what Velvet does to help the world, love her team (except probably Jude and Mikleo since I see them too much)

Tales of Asteria? Is that the new mobile Tales game?

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#365 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

Tales of Asteria? Is that the new mobile Tales game?

Yeah....it had like 4 versions now...I think. Velvet is the main character with Raven, Jude, Mikleo, Kyle and Colette who gets an outfit change! Basically they are gonna fix Sorey's mess which also cause Mikleo to forget about him and you see Lloyd, Milla and Yuri is different outfits because they're bad guys now

Joui Four

#366 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:50 AM

Yeah....it had like 4 versions now...I think. Velvet is the main character with Raven, Jude, Mikleo, Kyle and Colette who gets an outfit change! Basically they are gonna fix Sorey's mess which also cause Mikleo to forget about him and you see Lloyd, Milla and Yuri is different outfits because they're bad guys now

Yep I think you're right. :D

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#367 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:53 AM

Yep I think you're right. :D

I love that Kyle's there

Joui Four

#368 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:06 AM

I love that Kyle's there

I never play the game where Kyle is from. I think it's Tales of Destiny 2 right?

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#369 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:17 AM

I never play the game where Kyle is from. I think it's Tales of Destiny 2 right?

Yes, you know his parents right?
Neither have I but I've seen what I was able to, I don't think it was released here..apparently Eternia was but I haven't seen it anywhere, only Phantasia...I got lost..

Joui Four

#370 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:50 PM

Y'know, after the debacle of Zestiria and the drama surrounding its development, I can't say that I'm looking forward to the RPG that Baba is working on at his new studio and may just avoid it altogether. The stunts he pulled with what was his final contribution the Tales series have damaged my respect for him.  People were worried the Tales brand would be damaged without him, but as Berseria(which he had no contribution to) has confirmed that the series is still in good hands.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#371 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:57 PM

Actually Baba left the company early this year to join another company and work on another game. Plus he never had a hand in how any Tales games developed but I guess Zestiria was SOLE SOLE exception becasause of his infatuation-crush (take that as you will) on Rose's voice actor Mikako Komatsu. :mellow: Just confirming that part WAS true right? Guys?

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 December 2017 - 09:58 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#372 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:21 PM

Actually Baba left the company early this year to join another company and work on another game. Plus he never had a hand in how any Tales games developed but I guess Zestiria was SOLE SOLE exception becasause of his infatuation-crush (take that as you will) on Rose's voice actor Mikako Komatsu. :mellow: Just confirming that part WAS true right? Guys?

Yes it was true, it felt like he kept changing the story, just wasn't fun but Berseria was very fun!

Joui Four

#373 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:27 PM

Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition announced for Xbox One (most likely for PS4 as well, maybe PC too) Finally after almost 10 years we can play the PS3 complete version. I am so happy about this.

iAnby7W.gif

#374 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:33 AM

I am so freakin' hyped over this.  I've wanted to play the PS3 version of Vesperia for years.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#375 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:23 AM

I am so freakin' hyped over this.  I've wanted to play the PS3 version of Vesperia for years.

Same here, I even had a modded PS3 as there was a fan translation project going on for PS3 version, was even prepared to import the game to play Vesperia, but soon as it became apparent that project had stalled, I updated the firmware and sold my second PS3.

I did hope that we'd see the definitive version for it's 10 year anniversary, but due to the issue the PS3 version had with the western release with MS owning exclusive rights to the western release, I wasn't sure it would happen,but it looks like something was agreed with MS, and I'm really glad it's on all platforms. PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, I can't wait to play this in 4K on the One X.

iAnby7W.gif

#376 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:53 AM

I'M READY TO PLAY VESPERIA FINALLY!!! PS4 here we come!

Joui Four

#377 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:48 PM

I think it is multi faceted too. XBox One PS4 PC, Switch (I think) So I guess you can play it on ANYTHING you own and not need to buy another console :smile:

#378 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:48 AM

I've been waiting YEARS for it, now dreams come true!

Joui Four

#379 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:44 PM

It will be interesting to see if they use the same VA's they did for the original game or if they will hire a new set of VA's. The original game had Troy Baker voicing Yuri, and he wasn't anywhere near as popular as he is nowadays so I expect he'd be more expensive to hire now. Plus they had MS financing the game so the English dub had better actors than the other Tales games.

The game has a lot more extra dialogue since it introduced (I think it's Patty) one more character and has extra missions, so they would need to get in the old cast to rerecord their lines, or hire a new group, that said it was rumoured that there were plans to bring the definitive version to the PS3 and that Troy and other actors had been hired to voice the new lines before the project was canned due to some issue with MS owning exclusive rights to the game or something or another, we don't know the actual reason because they never came even officially announced the PS3 release, let alone why it was cancelled.

iAnby7W.gif

#380 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:45 PM

I think all original VAs will return to their roles. I think the real question is who will voice Patty?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users