215 replies to this topic

#21 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:04 AM

Once Tsunade gets there, she will take over the healing stuff and Sakura will be able to get into the action. Sadly we may not see a combo from them.

You never know. Its possible Tsunade will be able to handle the slugs and fight and its possible that the kages will tell most of the ninja to fall back and leave it to the more capable ninja. Sakura already healed them so hopefully she won't have to heal a vast majority again. I actually think more of them should die just to make thongs a bit more harsh and realistic.

Edited by StriderC, 24 July 2013 - 04:09 AM.

#22 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:24 AM

You never know. Its possible Tsunade will be able to handle the slugs and fight and its possible that the kages will tell most of the ninja to fall back and leave it to the more capable ninja. Sakura already healed them so hopefully she won't have to heal a vast majority again. I actually think more of them should die just to make thongs a bit more harsh and realistic.

I agree with some more deaths, I remember when Juubi blew apart the HQ and Shikau and Inoichi died, that part really was big imo.

It's a war and deaths make it seem realaistic, now i don't mean some MAJOR characters need to die since Neji died already but at least more of the regular shinobi alliance needs to die.

#23 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

I agree with some more deaths, I remember when Juubi blew apart the HQ and Shikau and Inoichi died, that part really was big imo.

It's a war and deaths make it seem realaistic, now i don't mean some MAJOR characters need to die since Neji died already but at least more of the regular shinobi alliance needs to die.

Well once the kages get their I see less deaths since Garra's sand will most likely protect people and then you will have 2 expert medical ninja there. And if people have to die hopefully no one from the sand village because they are already lacking lol.

43iduct.jpg

#24 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

Yup. That's pretty much what I meant when it comes to character deaths. Knock out some of these fodder nin. It'd be a surprise if he took out another major character. 

#25 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:36 AM

Considering how Tobi's loss of humanity was emphasized just two chapters ago, the rekindling of his mind and heart seemed like it would require a much more gradual process. It made the creature's influence waver, if only for a moment. As if these dwindling memories of a boy who once sought the affections of his teammate and his longing to become Hokage would act in a pivotal role for bringing the Jubi jinchuuriki to his knees. It could have been the instrument to changing heart; allowing those memories to strengthen his resolve to live and having his teacher be there to console him and bring him back to reality.

Since he's managed to regain control of his body, will Tobi continue with the Moon's Eye Plan or is he going to kill everyone before doing anything else? Madara exploiting his body to try and revive himself should have put them at odds with one another. If they see each other, they'll probably look at the other as an adversary rather than fight together as partners of convenience like they were doing before. Both are preoccupied with different opponents though. It could be a few chapters before Tobi notices a second battle happening in the distance.

Tobi fits almost all of the criteria necessary for becoming the Rikudou Sennin. He has the spiritual energy of the Older Son, bodily vitality thanks to Zetsu's contribution, an implanted Rinnegan granting him mastery over the five nature elements, understandibility of how to use Yin-Yang Release, and he's the jinchuuriki of the Jubi. The only quality which he seems to lack is the Sage's reincarnated essence. That could be the critical piece of Naruto's strategy to succeed in this fight. Afterall it's the one advantage that he personally retains besides whatever power the bijuu granted to him.

Tobirama and Hiruzen are conspicuously absent still. Hopefully they show up once again to lend a helping hand against Tobi. It would be interesting to see if the former's Suiton is better than Kisame's.

#26 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

Not a lot covered in this chapter, except that Obito has a new outfit his mind back.
Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#27 ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

Kishi is really struggling to keep all of the characters updated at this point in the story imo. It's kind of funny. Where the heck is Kakashi? The other hokages? The other ninjas?? Most importantly-- Yamato???

Also, I'm kind of at a loss with all the action here. Is anyone else confused as heck? I can't wait till the episode for this chapter comes out. It's going to be epic.

The part about Obito's photograph ripping apart is terribly intriguing to me. What does this say about his character? What does this say about the other characters that used to be on his side? I feel like, as the reader, I want Obito's dream to come true. I really want his team to get back together and I really want him to be with Rin again, just like in the picture! But at the same time, it's a sick and unnatural reality...just like a body being ripped apart and then being forced back together all icky and gooey.

Can he be saved like a photograph? Or is he dead already? What qualifies a ninja for redemption and forgiveness in this story?

Just tell me the answer already! If I were reading this as a finished manga, ehehe...I would skip to the end at this point.

#28 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:01 AM

Kishi somehow managed to make this chapter dull.... -_-

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#29 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

I am kind of indifferent about this chapter. Not like it, but not hate it either. We have Obito gain control over the Ten-tails because of something to do with Rin or the memory of Rin kept his mind intact....I don't know. I still feel Obito's story is better than Sasuke even with this chapter. I still feel this is something Sasuke should have been doing with Obito helping Naruto out on the battle field.

But I digress, at least Obito has one clear goal in mind even if at times he does seem to lie about it. Sasuke on the other hand...eh...he switched too much. At least Obito has conviction and not jsut change cause he has a heart to heart with a certain person.

I really want to see next chapter to see where this leads to and if it is something cool or interesting.

I wonder what Kurama thinks of all this.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#30 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:14 AM

Kishi somehow managed to make this chapter dull.... -_-

I second this.

I am highly pissed you know... It's not moving anywhere. It's officially imo the worst chapter. This thing is dragging too long.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#31 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:15 AM

You know, it's scary that Obito got the perk of a hero. What I mean is that when a hero is about to lose, he/she remembers what he/she is fighting for and it was about to be over, but Obito pulled the never give up card here, and yeah. I love it. Short chapter. Time to review. Hm, what song to put this time.

#32 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

I second this.

I am highly pissed you know... It's not moving anywhere. It's officially imo the worst chapter. This thing is dragging too long.

Yeah I agree it didnt move anywhere, well Obito did manage to take control of the Juubi so  you could say that it moved in that way.

43iduct.jpg

#33 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:17 AM

It was decent but only one part moved is the full control and again, how the hell Sasuke will stack up. Better not let Naruto received a power-up. Anyway, yeah short chapter.

#34 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

I like this chapter, maybe because I'm obirin = narusaku parallel fan.
This chapter is basically a set up chapter. Why? Because kishi make minato hear obito thought while get a flashback with his motivation to become hokage. After this i expect a pain arc again, with sakura become the key of this arc.

@ns4life3g
When 599 happen I jump in joy that one pairing will dead and the other will (close to) canon and it's consist naruto.
And I believe after this war arc sasuke final power up is rinnegan. Therefor he will the eye power.
And naruto will gain another Kyubi chakra and possibility fuse sm with bm, thus gaining the body of sage(mode) and the chakra of bijuu.

#35 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, any sport other than tennis... Reading, Writing, Percy Jackson, Naruto, NaruSaku, Video Games, Physics and Engineering.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

It was decent but only one part moved is the full control and again, how the hell Sasuke will stack up. Better not let Naruto received a power-up. Anyway, yeah short chapter.

Honestly, I think kishi asspulled that power from Obito to get the plot where he wanted it to go. It was evident that obito would go into this form as previously explained by Madara. Therefore I think kishi did this to actually move the plot faster than he normally does. He wants to get to the point of it and do something epic and final with this power that Obito has. I can see how some people think it's going nowhere because last chapter was naruto and sasuke needing rescue and now it's the same thing. However, I actually like that obito pulled this power out sooner than later even though it was an ass-pull

#36 Mistraal

Mistraal

Sakura's Personal Theorycrafter

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Game Design, Writing, Anime, Tabletop RPGs, Video Games, Nerdity in all forms.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

I second this.

Maybe he's trying to emphasize something? I don't know what it would be but that's all I can think of...

Also needs more Sakura. :argh:

tumblr_mn7ior22z51qgap4ho7_r1_500.png

So THAT'S how it is!!!!

#37 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

Its bizarre how I can have Sakura withdrawals so soon... I can't wait until she makes her reappearance. I'm anxious to see what Kishi will do with her next. Hopefully, she'll continue to have an active role. 

#38 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, any sport other than tennis... Reading, Writing, Percy Jackson, Naruto, NaruSaku, Video Games, Physics and Engineering.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

Its bizarre how I can have Sakura withdrawals so soon... I can't wait until she makes her reappearance. I'm anxious to see what Kishi will do with her next. Hopefully, she'll continue to have an active role. 

Ill say she makes her appearance to stay in a possible 2-3 chapters :)

#39 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

I get that eventually Obito would have seized control over the juubi but it felt like 2 chapters were wasted. As for Naruto saving Sasuke by using his father's skill was possible right now only Minato can teleport to a remote location and blow up but it will pull him out of the fight. As for what happens next....

#40 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

Considering how Tobi's loss of humanity was emphasized just two chapters ago, the rekindling of his mind and heart seemed like it would require a much more gradual process. It made the creature's influence waver, if only for a moment. As if these dwindling memories of a boy who once sought the affections of his teammate and his longing to become Hokage would act in a pivotal role for bringing the Jubi jinchuuriki to his knees. It could have been the instrument to changing heart; allowing those memories to strengthen his resolve to live and having his teacher be there to console him and bring him back to reality.

Since he's managed to regain control of his body, will Tobi continue with the Moon's Eye Plan or is he going to kill everyone before doing anything else? Madara exploiting his body to try and revive himself should have put them at odds with one another. If they see each other, they'll probably look at the other as an adversary rather than fight together as partners of convenience like they were doing before. Both are preoccupied with different opponents though. It could be a few chapters before Tobi notices a second battle happening in the distance.

Tobi fits almost all of the criteria necessary for becoming the Rikudou Sennin. He has the spiritual energy of the Older Son, bodily vitality thanks to Zetsu's contribution, an implanted Rinnegan granting him mastery over the five nature elements, understandibility of how to use Yin-Yang Release, and he's the jinchuuriki of the Jubi. The only quality which he seems to lack is the Sage's reincarnated essence. That could be the critical piece of Naruto's strategy to succeed in this fight. Afterall it's the one advantage that he personally retains besides whatever power the bijuu granted to him.

Tobirama and Hiruzen are conspicuously absent still. Hopefully they show up once again to lend a helping hand against Tobi. It would be interesting to see if the former's Suiton is better than Kisame's.

Wow.......I totally agree with this statement. Though if that is what Kishi meant or is going to do is an other thing entirely.......

I am kind of indifferent about this chapter. Not like it, but not hate it either. We have Obito gain control over the Ten-tails because of something to do with Rin or the memory of Rin kept his mind intact....I don't know. I still feel Obito's story is better than Sasuke even with this chapter. I still feel this is something Sasuke should have been doing with Obito helping Naruto out on the battle field.

But I digress, at least Obito has one clear goal in mind even if at times he does seem to lie about it. Sasuke on the other hand...eh...he switched too much. At least Obito has conviction and not jsut change cause he has a heart to heart with a certain person.

I really want to see next chapter to see where this leads to and if it is something cool or interesting.

I wonder what Kurama thinks of all this.

Sounds about right.

You know, it's scary that Obito got the perk of a hero. What I mean is that when a hero is about to lose, he/she remembers what he/she is fighting for and it was about to be over, but Obito pulled the never give up card here, and yeah. I love it. Short chapter. Time to review. Hm, what song to put this time.

Interesting perspective, however I am not sure if that was Kishi's intentions. It makes sense, a lot of the theories between the Naruto and Obito parallel makes sense. Yet that's all they are, just theories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users