• This topic is locked This topic is locked
383 replies to this topic

#61 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

I really love this, this is the best thing to happen to NaruSaku. But Naruto you baka Sakura better lay a big kiss on him ^^.

#62 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:22 PM

Well the chapter ends with Naruto telling Sakura she's lying to herself (according to Kja's translation and she's the most reliable source), Chapter 470 will be our make or break....it will either be the confirmation or the demise of NaruSaku keep your fingers crossed people....

uc.png

#63 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:04 PM

Just sitting in the Heaven&Earth FC on narutofan isn't working much either. Negative post after negative post, makes me think NS really is dead.

Meh.

#64 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Oct 26 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just sitting in the Heaven&Earth FC on narutofan isn't working much either. Negative post after negative post, makes me think NS really is dead.

Meh.

avoid NF, this pretty much happens when ever shipping implications show up. the ones who panic at the sign of trouble usually are the loudest anyway.

#65 kabu-chan

kabu-chan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:07 PM

x____x

if the spoilers are real, sakura's confession seems a bit hurried and desperate to me, i dunno it just seems too... OOC
so i would also call it a lie but...

i hope naruto doesn't mean he's lost interest D:

Edited by kabu-chan, 26 October 2009 - 06:08 PM.

Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success.

#66 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:11 PM

It's not dead -.- we don't even have the chapter yet. Their conversation isn't even over. How is it dead? How could it even be dead from this one conversation? There is no point in jumping to those big conclusions.

#67 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Oct 26 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Meh.

Wow your faith is easily shaken. As well as all you others who are so easily swayed and panicked. Give Kishi and 350+ chapters of development a chance, hm.

#68 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 26 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow your faith is easily shaken. As well as all you others who are so easily swayed and panicked. Give Kishi and 350+ chapters of development a chance, hm.

Maybe, but i've been around nothing but negative comments about the chapter, so it doesn't really help me to see things any other way. It's hard to deny that this wasn't a bat to the head for not only Sakura's character, but NaruSaku as well.

Edited by Freakazoid, 26 October 2009 - 06:17 PM.

#69 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Oct 26 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not dead -.- we don't even have the chapter yet. Their conversation isn't even over. How is it dead? How could it even be dead from this one conversation? There is no point in jumping to those big conclusions.

Agree.

And c'mon people. Keep that faith up. There's bound to be more (and I know there is).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#70 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:33 PM

I'm a little worried also but I have faith in NaruSaku.
But this could really go either way with the way the spoiler put it.
Hopefully it's FOR NaruSaku and not against it.

#71 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

I dont hink Sakura has to prove anything to anyone.

to behonest I think the only person who can prove anything is naruto.

he has to prove her feelings to himself.

my reasoning comes from this line should translations hold true ((a womans heart is a strange thing))

this mirrors a line from earlier chapters. when naruto returns from training Sakura asks how she looks.

Naruto replies you havent changed a bit.

Jiraiya replaies you still dont udnerstand a womans heart.

the impression of that scene is naruto is telling her shes the same beautiful Sakura hes allways liked. she doesnt need to be more. it also still shows some of his immaturity.

but also he still has to deal with what he said to sai

how can i when i cant even keep my promises.

he not only has to deal with his perceived inability to protect her, and keep his promise to her, but to himself as well.

Im of the thought that Sakuras going to need to punch it into that thick skull of his. these two have always been more about action then words. Sakura has grown more so in that regard.

She is unlikely to lat this stand as is.

she may ahve made a mistake in the speech, she may be trying to speak to him in a way she thinks best, but narutos the type of eprson you have to be blunt to.

well see what happens. In a way naruto is right. not so much that shes lying to herself. id o believe her when she says she loves him.

However as Ive claimed and now I think naruto sees it. there is still soemthing she needs to confront. that moment at the bench when she fell in love with Sasuke even though it was naruto in disgusie.

it is a pivotal moment that gave rise to many moments behind it.

and its a moment that sakura is going to have to hear from Sasukes own mouth. its moment though that will bring everything she feels into crystal clear clarity for her.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#72 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Oct 26 2009, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe, but i've been around nothing but negative comments about the chapter, so it doesn't really help me to see things any other way. It's hard to deny that this wasn't a bat to the head for not only Sakura's character, but NaruSaku as well.

I've been a NaruSaku fan for the last 4-5 years. No amount of 'negative comments' would *ever* sway me. And I don't agree that it's a 'bat to the head' for anybody or anything. Naruto is in denial because for so long he has *truly* believed that Sakura was in love with Sasuke. So, of course it's going to take some convincing on Sakura's part to change his mind. This is called dramatic tension or angst, and writers/mangaka *love* to throw that into their stories. Naruto hasn't suddenly *stopped loving* Sakura. That would be impossible for him. Just as impossible as not striving to one day become the Hokage. Becoming Hokage and getting with the girl of his dreams (Sakura) are two of his most important life goals.

So try to have a little more faith, and stop letting *other* people sway you from what you *know* will happen. NaruSaku of course! happy.gif narusakuct7.gif

#73 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 26 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been a NaruSaku fan for the last 4-5 years. No amount of 'negative comments' would *ever* sway me. And I don't agree that it's a 'bat to the head' for anybody or anything. Naruto is in denial because for so long he has *truly* believed that Sakura was in love with Sasuke. So, of course it's going to take some convincing on Sakura's part to change his mind. This is called dramatic tension or angst, and writers/mangaka love to throw that into their stories. Naruto hasn't suddenly *stopped loving* Sakura. That would be impossible for him. Just as impossible as not striving to one day become the Hokage. Becoming Hokage and getting with the girl of his dreams (Sakura) are two of his most important life goals.

So try to have a little more faith, and stop letting *other* people sway you from what you *know* will happen. NaruSaku of course! happy.gif narusakuct7.gif

well said. I seem to remeber similar drama when Kikyo appeared in Inuyasha, and during the events of the final few episodes of Avatar when the will they or wont they between Aang and Katara happened.

theyve had way to much development to just sudenly go down a cliff. no its going to take a few chapters for sakura to break through to him that this is real.

more importantly these two have to do this together without anyone adding in their two cents.

sais already confirmed narutos feelings but not they have to make it real to each other.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#74 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:43 PM

I think...Kishi will not really implode those feelings, until the end of the manga. Sakura has come to be true to herself, Naruto on the otherhand, its a little slow...and still Naruto has to confront Hinata, and she might be the one who makes NaruSaku become cannon. We saw he smile on the hug, we saw those 3 little dots, i think that when Naruto confronts Hinata about the confession then Hinata could take it back, put her selfishness aside [mind you she is not a selfish person] and put Naruto's happiness in par. But if this has come to be true, SasuSaku has hit the gravestone.

Thus, the pairing war is heating up, if this conversation goes the way i can see right now, NaruSaku just got some air support, and not just any air support it just got F-22's fighter jets.

What? Did you guys really think Kishi will loose a huge percentage of their viewers just because he is going the other way? Nou this pairing just got a major boost...is just that Kishi still needs its viewers.

Edited by Strangelove, 26 October 2009 - 06:57 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#75 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 26 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been a NaruSaku fan for the last 4-5 years. No amount of 'negative comments' would *ever* sway me. And I don't agree that it's a 'bat to the head' for anybody or anything. Naruto is in denial because for so long he has *truly* believed that Sakura was in love with Sasuke. So, of course it's going to take some convincing on Sakura's part to change his mind. This is called dramatic tension or angst, and writers/mangaka *love* to throw that into their stories. Naruto hasn't suddenly *stopped loving* Sakura. That would be impossible for him. Just as impossible as not striving to one day become the Hokage. Becoming Hokage and getting with the girl of his dreams (Sakura) are two of his most important life goals.

If I haven't seen what Kishi can do to his manga, maybe i'd be a little more optimistic. He's already trolled/trashed alot of things awesome in the series, and NS certainly isn't immune to it.

#76 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Oct 26 2009, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Saunion isn't a fan of the pairing and he's been the most negative of the chapter. He's a lurker and not exactly unsympathetic to the pairing, but hardly a cheerleader for NS.

It's been up-and-down otherwise.

Some are focusing on the negative (that Naruto doesn't believe her) and assuming that means it's all a lie. But there have been a lot of longer posts trying to point out that it could be just that he's picking up on the BS that she doesn't care at all about Sasuke anymore and that she's left out the little detail that they have to hunt him down.

#77 TwilightLink20xx

TwilightLink20xx

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:53 PM

Alright, I've probably done this response 50 times on different forums now, lol, but I'm just gonna pop down a post I made concerning the whole buisiness of where the cliff hanger is headed. Here's a compilation of the best ones.

Spoiler:
I don't think Sakura was lying, I believe she was telling the truth, but Naruto was able to see that something was up. First off, why would she go all the way out to the iron country to tell him that? Secondly, she wasn't supposed to know he was out there. I'm sure he's gonna be all over Sai for that one. Third, how would she know he loves her when he has never fessed up to it? Again, Naruto is going to be pretty ticked off with Sai. And finally, I'm pretty sure the panels will show us that there's something a little off with Sakura, meaning she's hiding something from him, which is true. She hasn't brought up that the others are going to kill Sasuke as of yet.

From here, I can easily see the conversation going this way: Naruto tells Sakura, "You're hiding something, spill it." or something to that extent, explaning that he knows she wouldn't come all that way just to tell him she loves him. He'd probably ask all about Sai, give her a hard time about it, tell her he doesn't want her pity, and then promptly receive a bit of wrath from Sakura. Her repsonse would be something like "You think this is just some kind of game!?! I'm not screwing around with you Naruto, I've done enough of that as it is!" (Remember, she said she wasn't going to make any more mistakes). From there, we'd get the final decision on what they have to do, and so far, I'm thinking it's getting to Sasuke first, together.

Perhaps this is all wishful thinking on my part, but I can honestly say I believe that's where it's headed. Kishi isn't gonna scrap anything he's already set up, and that includes that comment from earlier. I can't see this ending on a negative note, also Naruto is probably in denial, if the girl who you've been chasing after suddenly did that to you, I doubt your reaction would be too different.

Anyhow, just my take on the events, I could be completely wrong, but I do feel that's the direction we're going to go.
We don't have panels, we don't have the full context. We also only know Naruto's POV once again. The dialogue between the two is incomplete, don't call bogus on it until we've seen it all unfold.

Oh, and BTW, IMO
Spoiler:
Sakura didn't lie to Naruto. I think Naruto's picking up that she's leaving things out, which might as well BE lying. She's not telling him the whole story, and things just aren't clicking together in his mind. That doesn't make the confession any less sincere, but it does complicate matters on Naruto's end.

Just thought I'd throw that out there too, seeing as popular opinion is bashing the crap outta Sakura for that.

#78 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

Hopefully the chapter panels will give us more insight on this ordeal. Sakura's facial expressions could tell the whole story.

#79 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

Im pretty certain that Hinata would never take back what she said shes not the type of person to make such a confession and just blow it off.

however what she will do is put it in persepctive for naruto and help him remain grounded. She will also help him grow forward in confronting Sakura and how he feels for her and the role sasuke still plays in both of their lives.

Hinatas confession im strongly beginning to believe is going to be confronted sooner then we thought. but it like Sakura confronting Sasuke about the bench scene is going to be a moment of clarity for naruto. amoment where shy little hinata explains about him and sakura through her persepctive, and helps him come to a decision.

in the end the two will have to sit down and confront each other from a postiiton of clarity with out wearing the masks theyve grown to weat around each other.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#80 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:08 PM

i hope some of these spolers are real and i hope some are just mistration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users