• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:33 AM

Episode 432 The Jiraiya Chronicles is out

New opening and ending

Openings got some beautiful animation though im not thrilled with the implied pairings in it.

Endings stlyized though has a beautiful single shot of Sakura in it.

Episode summary. Tsunade is caught in the tsukiyomi. she dreams of jiraiya leaving her a manuscript of his latest novel.

as she reads the story unfolds of a Konoha where the 3rd and 4th made peace with the Uchiha thwarting any coup.

Naruto wakes up late for a mission and in a scene reminiscent of the artwork heads out the window with breakfast as kushina hollers at him. Naruto boucnes through the village where people whisper but no overt hostility given hes the hokages son.

Naruto meets with itachi and Sasuke, and the two bicker as always but much more friendly then in canon.

they meet with Kakashi who with Sakura explains about the hero obelisk where people who died in action  and the grave of his father.

they break off to train--little narusaku moment here-- and Naruto runs off and falls down the cliff in a replay of his summoning training. he meets the kyubi where we learn that half is sealed in him and half in kushina some how.

he survives and tells sakura and sasuke to hurry up so they can meet the hokage for an s rank mission.

the rookies all gather with team gai and proceed on a mission to locate some shinobi who have gone missing. An organization called Akatsuki is suspected.

all told an interesting episode none of the blatant stupidity of the last few.

if this had come with any other end to the series it might have been a brilliant filler arc plot. now eh well see.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:37 AM

The opening was lackluster and I know the symbol mean. It just didn't feel like it was using the best of the band. It was eh. Ending is lazy.

#3 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:21 AM

Catsi, thanks for the update. You're taking one for the team. Glad to hear they aren't destroying Jiraiya...yet. 

#4 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:08 AM

The opening was lackluster and I know the symbol mean. It just didn't feel like it was using the best of the band. It was eh. Ending is lazy.

Agreed. SP can't try to push the nostalgia factor when they don't even respect the first chapter of the manga(I'm looking at you shadow clone scroll) The song's not bad though. It's not ending 16 or Shinkokyuo by super beaver but it's ok. The ending is not that great imo.

But it's so clear that they are grasping now. They blatantly steal many of the best moments from part 1 such as Kakashi's memorial speech and Naruto falling down the cliff. It's like they know that everything is downhill after the ending and they want to sucker people in. Heck there wasn't even a Naruto kun or Sasuke kun in sight.

My favorite part has to be Itachi though. Seeing one of the deadliest ninja reduced to sweeping and wearing an apron like a housewife was good for a laugh.

But I think this shows that SP's really feeling the pain of the ending. They're trying hard to win back fans with RTN and Part 1 references but it's not going to work.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#5 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:11 AM

Err, where in the opening did it imply pairings. I just thought it they were trying to show as many characters as possible, to get people interested in the show.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#6 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:14 AM

Is this the one that will tell the story of the novel that jiraiya left behind?

I just watched the episode i loved how they retconned sakuras obsessions towards sasuke. They made her into a teamate that actually cares for her team.

Edited by rikakim94, 02 October 2015 - 05:32 AM.

#7 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:50 AM

Is this the one that will tell the story of the novel that jiraiya left behind?

I just watched the episode i loved how they retconned sakuras obsessions towards sasuke. They made her into a teamate that actually cares for her team.

I had to re-watch it to be honest. The first time around I thought I had missed a Naruto or Sasuke kun

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#8 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:12 AM

implied paiings were in the character order nothing overt but still makes you go hmm. like they were trying to be clever.

and you are very welcome tricksie

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#9 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:27 PM

Do you mean when each male and female got a chance to grab at the stone? If so, then both Naruto and Sakura were first, while Hinata was second and Sasuke was last. No pairings were implied, it's just the fans editing to suit their preferences.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#10 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:49 PM

I like to vision the girls trying to grab as a dream to get a better writer.

#11 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:53 PM

I like to vision the girls trying to grab as a dream to get a better writer.

Oh burn.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#12 narusakurama

narusakurama

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:54 PM

Sounds interesting , maybe enough to give this  filler mini arc a try . Thanks Catsi for the summary .

1kMTgN0.jpg?1

#13 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:56 PM

welcome, its interesting so far.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#14 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:51 AM

It's very rare that I talk about Naruto these days, but I will say this episode was interesting to say the least. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#15 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:50 AM

It's pointless SP. You already crossed that threshold with no point with no return. You mislead and lied to your fans last year and now you spend money on stupid fillers just to win back the fans you SJ and Kishi spat in the face. Just go ahead and try to win us back, we are going to spam your twitter accounts with FU signs  :hm:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#16 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:03 PM

Catsi, I've got a question for you: do you still enjoy watching the episodes or are you sacrificing yourself just to sum it up for us ? 

anyway, whatever your reason is, you're really brave to still stand this ! 

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:50 PM

Catsi, thanks for the update. You're taking one for the team. Glad to hear they aren't destroying Jiraiya...yet. 

"Yet" being the key word as always with this series

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#18 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:55 PM

little bit of both to be perfectly honest.

I still find myself a fan of Sakura even knowing her dark fate.

and the series still has some lol worthy moments.

and inspite of the horrd ending there is still plenty of story potential even in the filler as this current episode shows.

Sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy the ride

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#19 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:19 PM

little bit of both to be perfectly honest.

I still find myself a fan of Sakura even knowing her dark fate.

and the series still has some lol worthy moments.

and inspite of the horrd ending there is still plenty of story potential even in the filler as this current episode shows.

Sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy the ride

I have to say that I am impressed ! I am sure that, if I asked most of the NS fans, I would find that only a few ones are still watching the anime ! I wish I could do the same as you without feeling any resentment and disgust ! 

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users