3333 replies to this topic

#3141 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:10 PM

Well not that I care but It is only a matter of time before they go straight back to fillers. How pathetic that it is that it takes them 5 years to actually get to the story content and the story is still not for ahead enough for them to animate a good chunk of it. But again, I've no kittens to give  because I'm not impressed by the manga already, so why would I waste my time watching it?

Honestly, if I was in charge of their anime planning I would go through the richie rich arc, continue into the meeting nail arc, and then use the filler time then to expand as much as possible Nail and Bolt bonding.The problem is once they get into Nail by how that story is written it pushes the story forward because it makes clear that events are happening very quickly one after the other.

Oh and Samurai 8 has ended now.

#3142 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:42 PM

Yeah I heard.

And yeah obviously fillers between the actual arcs is most ideal and keeps the plot at a decent pace. How you would lay things out makes perfect, but let's not forget what idiots are running this show. After all, during the war arc the stupid @$$ filler episodes came in at the most random and inconvienient times and also when the need for them had long past so the dysfunctional pacing is hardly surprising. But yeah, more effort would be well spent on filler episodes that expanding on things like Boruto and Kawaki making an actual bond and giving more depth to existing characters. Eh who knows? they may actually do that in the future.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3143 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:03 AM

Yeah I heard.

And yeah obviously fillers between the actual arcs is most ideal and keeps the plot at a decent pace. How you would lay things out makes perfect, but let's not forget what idiots are running this show. After all, during the war arc the stupid @$$ filler episodes came in at the most random and inconvienient times and also when the need for them had long past so the dysfunctional pacing is hardly surprising. But yeah, more effort would be well spent on filler episodes that expanding on things like Boruto and Kawaki making an actual bond and giving more depth to existing characters. Eh who knows? they may actually do that in the future.

They be forced to do more filler no matter what, but if they do Richie Rich's story and then go back to filler. Its just going to seem like another filler arc among that dozens they had so far. They need to continue to at least Nail.

#3144 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:28 PM

Wow, they're people who honestly expect Kishimoto to come back to this dumpster fire of a series (that he deliberately left in the hands of others because he was sick of Naruto) now that he has no other projects to "distract" him.  They truly don't understand that he wants nothing to do with the franchise anymore.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#3145 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:10 AM

Wow, they're people who honestly expect Kishimoto to come back to this dumpster fire of a series (that he deliberately left in the hands of others because he was sick of Naruto) now that he has no other projects to "distract" him.  They truly don't understand that he wants nothing to do with the franchise anymore.

I am one of those people honestly. I do not want him to do over Naruto. Just fix all of his mistakes and do it the way he wanted it to be done.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#3146 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:28 AM

Well, it is part of their weird mindset they gotten themselves into in order to try and justify why Boruto is good/great or how it fine it only has some minor flaws. The thing is their is no fixing Boruto. The story is playing the same beats that Naruto did with the SNS conflict, they have to deal with the slow pacing of the manga, and it already been going for what 3 maybe 4 years now.

What kishimoto is probably doing right now is probably wondering where Samurai 8 went wrong and how can he make his next manga work. Honestly, if people want to do him a kindness either send him a letter or do a youtbue video pointing out what were the flaws of Samurai 8, as well as what was good, and how he could improve for the next one.

#3147 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:46 AM

It is the hell he created.

He will forever be known as "the creator of Naruto." It was his gift and now it has become his curse.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3148 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:41 PM

What they ALSO don't understand is that that actually fans that gave their money and time to Naruto want nothing to do with this garbage either :zaru:

I sure as hell do not :superior:

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 March 2020 - 09:48 PM.

#3149 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 01:42 AM

https://youtu.be/BoGkY5DeAvU
that song by sambomaster sounds good but this anime couldnt pull off the animation nor the story

#3150 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 04:57 AM

https://youtu.be/BoGkY5DeAvU
that song by sambomaster sounds good but this anime couldn't pull off the animation nor the story

...Why am I getting flashbacks to like a dozen Naruto openings? Like Salad leaning against a fence with a purple background I swear is something Sakura did exactly in a Naruto opening. ..Yes, it from opening 7 exactly with one detail different: Sakura doesn't have the sharingan.

Screw it I got a few minute might as well.

So the opening starts out with Nail face shadowed with ominous red eye turning around face the audience raising his hand as it pulls back further to show the village being reduced to rubble and lifted into the air. While the song just goes DADADAHDADADAHDADADADADAH. I guess this is both to warn the audience that this mysterious person is going to be a threat to the village, and to remind them that he even exist since he hasn't appear for 150 episodes now.

Bolt in a flooded ruined street with a reddish-pink background...I swear this looks familiar.

The camera seizures out as it switches to Cups with a snake in a tree with the village in the background with a blue tint. 

Then mentioned this before she looks to the ground and then takes off her glasses to look at the sky with her sharingan activated.

Back to Nail's back. Camera seizures to some random street with crows pecking at garbage. Focus on a crow with some meat; then the murder flies off.

Bolt's karma seal on his hand is glowing before clenching it to stop the glowing (well I haven't being watching the anime so I assume this is to point out that seal will be relevant now; not sure they been using it). Pulls back to Bolt's friends...in another callback to an old Naruto opening. The dark tone of the setting the opening is trying to pull doesn't really work with the cheap cartoony look of the kids. When they used to do this is Naruto's opening they added more detail.

Kara in black cloaks overlooking the village...oh wait people don't read the manga so this is supposed to hint a the new threat that is approaching and watch the village while the cast is unaware.

Oh that the lab from Nails' flashback. Looks like a bunch of blood IV bag with Nail in one of them.

Showing villains face. They pose on a street stair that I swear I've seen the akatsuki do for an image once.

Kids running in a field another call back to a Naruto opening that I actually recognize, but they did it too short for it to work and not enough detail to be impressive.

Then fighting Kara. Looks like something based off some shippuden opening. Bolt starts fighting. A cut to show all his friends are beaten. He starts to....roar...power up...something? Too short, not enough detail.  Bolt fires off a pink rasengan that... leads to a Destructive Finish?

Ok. Now in a ruin street in the village with Bolt is sitting down looking depressed and worn out with a glowing Nail in front of him. Nail approaches while obscured by glowing light. Bolt looks up. The village monument instantly fixes itself? A bit too quickly. Bolt gets up in a glowing background and walks back towards the shadowy covered Nail. While a crow flies off between them.

So, overall this ending is suppose to show the danger of Nail (also the threat of Kara and how they are like the akatsuki), but also the chance he could remain good. While uses a lot of imagery from the Naruto opening from the Rescue Sasuke arc to reference the attempt to save him and his inevitable fall back up by the fact; they spoiled this in the first episode. The crows represent Bolt and Nails friendship...I think. The darkness is to show Nail as a potential threat and that the audience doesn't the cast don't know him yet.

There are a lot of scenes taken straight from old Naruto openings (Sasuke Rescue arc ones for Nail and Shippuden ones for kara). But done poorly mainly because they cut the scene too short and they don't add the detail that the Naruto openings did for the dark scenes of the opening. Instead keeping them cartoony which doesn't mesh well with the dark tone in some images.

The song fine. The lyrics are a bit generic being about standing up, believe in yourself, be open about your feelings, looking towards the future, friendship, and such.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 April 2020 - 02:44 PM.

#3151 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 11:44 PM

...Why am I getting flashbacks to like a dozen Naruto openings? Like Salad leaning against a fence with a purple background I swear is something Sakura did exactly in a Naruto opening. ..Yes, it from opening 7 exactly with one detail different: Sakura doesn't have the sharingan.

Screw it I got a few minute might as well.

So the opening starts out with Nail face shadowed with ominous red eye turning around face the audience raising his hand as it pulls back further to show the village being reduced to rubble and lifted into the air. While the song just goes DADADAHDADADAHDADADADADAH. I guess this is both to warn the audience that this mysterious person is going to be a threat to the village, and to remind them that he even exist since he hasn't appear for 150 episodes now.

Bolt in a flooded ruined street with a reddish-pink background...I swear this looks familiar.

The camera seizures out as it switches to Cups with a snake in a tree with the village in the background with a blue tint. 

Then mentioned this before she looks to the ground and then takes off her glasses to look at the sky with her sharingan activated.

Back to Nail's back. Camera seizures to some random street with crows pecking at garbage. Focus on a crow with some meat; then the murder flies off.

Bolt's karma seal on his hand is glowing before clenching it to stop the glowing (well I haven't being watching the anime so I assume this is to point out that seal will be relevant now; not sure they been using it). Pulls back to Bolt's friends...in another callback to an old Naruto opening. The dark tone of the setting the opening is trying to pull doesn't really work with the cheap cartoony look of the kids. When they used to do this is Naruto's opening they added more detail.

Kara in black cloaks overlooking the village...oh wait people don't read the manga so this is supposed to hint a the new threat that is approaching and watch the village while the cast is unaware.

Oh that the lab from Nails' flashback. Looks like a bunch of blood IV bag with Nail in one of them.

Showing villains face. They pose on a street stair that I swear I've seen the akatsuki do for an image once.

Kids running in a field another call back to a Naruto opening that I actually recognize, but they did it too short for it to work and not enough detail to be impressive.

Then fighting Kara. Looks like something based off some shippuden opening. Bolt starts fighting. A cut to show all his friends are beaten. He starts to....roar...power up...something? Too short, not enough detail.  Bolt fires off a pink rasengan that... leads to a Destructive Finish?

Ok. Now in a ruin street in the village with Bolt is sitting down looking depressed and worn out with a glowing Nail in front of him. Nail approaches while obscured by glowing light. Bolt looks up. The village monument instantly fixes itself? A bit too quickly. Bolt gets up in a glowing background and walks back towards the shadowy covered Nail. While a crow flies off between them.

So, overall this ending is suppose to show the danger of Nail (also the threat of Kara and how they are like the akatsuki), but also the chance he could remain good. While uses a lot of imagery from the Naruto opening from the Rescue Sasuke arc to reference the attempt to save him and his inevitable fall back up by the fact; they spoiled this in the first episode. The crows represent Bolt and Nails friendship...I think. The darkness is to show Nail as a potential threat and that the audience doesn't the cast don't know him yet.

There are a lot of scenes taken straight from old Naruto openings (Sasuke Rescue arc ones for Nail and Shippuden ones for kara). But done poorly mainly because they cut the scene too short and they don't add the detail that the Naruto openings did for the dark scenes of the opening. Instead keeping them cartoony which doesn't mesh well with the dark tone in some images.

The song fine. The lyrics are a bit generic being about standing up, believe in yourself, be open about your feelings, looking towards the future, friendship, and such.

it's the same singer that did the original naruto opening in the sasuke rescue arc

#3152 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:57 AM

it's the same singer that did the original naruto opening in the sasuke rescue arc

Oh I know that, its just another call back to that arc to tie it into Nail and how he is The New Sasuke -despite Naruto going on and on how he is him-.

#3153 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 02:56 PM

Oh. Wow. They are already through the richie rich arc. *look up episodes list*...Oh wow they only had four episodes from that...which is about right if stretching it...then back to filler. Oh This week episodes Sakura was teaching the kids medical ninjutsu, apparently Salad doesn't have a knack for it. So, she only really gets from Sakura is her strength, and they rest is just going to be uchiha moves...Since we are all stuck in side does anyone want me to take a look at this since this is the first time in a while Sakura has had focus? Oh in two episodes it going to be an episode focused on the daughter.

https://mobile.twitt...735931232489472

"Why does this guy look like every fat guy from hentai ever."...Does he?

"Because Ikemoto can't design for kitten. And the anime team tried to improve on is design, which fails miserably." This, I agree with. His characters designs do not fit in the Naruto universe even Nail barely passable. They just ignored his outfit for Salad if I recall for the longest time then made it very safe/tame as possible once they did. Its going to be...interesting, as they have to adapt more and more of his characters.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 13 April 2020 - 03:13 PM.

#3154 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:06 AM

*Laughs* I can't believe that they're people on Twitter threatening to boycott Black Clover until Boruto is put back on the Toonami slot. Kiddies, your show wasn't taken off the air because of "unfair bias" or "lack of optics" by the CN execs(or whatever conspiracy theory you conjure up to comfort yourself away from the truth), it was pulled because it was doing terribly in terms of ratings. That's business and common sense. Even in Japan, Boruto has been shifted around from timeslot to timeslot because no one is interested in watching it aside from little kids.  And no one but you weirdoes who are in complete denial over Boruto's quality as story, wants to slough through multiple episodes of filler about characters that are as shallow as a pond and as likable as a King Cobra. 

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#3155 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:18 AM

*Laughs* I can't believe that they're people on Twitter threatening to boycott Black Clover until Boruto is put back on the Toonami slot. Kiddies, your show wasn't taken off the air because of "unfair bias" or "lack of optics" by the CN execs(or whatever conspiracy theory you conjure up to comfort yourself away from the truth), it was pulled because it was doing terribly in terms of ratings. That's business and common sense. Even in Japan, Boruto has been shifted around from timeslot to timeslot because no one is interested in watching it aside from little kids.  And no one but you weirdoes who are in complete denial over Boruto's quality as story, wants to slough through multiple episodes of filler about characters that are as shallow as a pond and as likable as a King Cobra. 

And it still begs the question...why are they still making it?

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3156 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:11 AM

Because they need to make Hinata fans happy and all that BS James oh and Sasuke fans as well as lets face it this was always a story about the Uchiha.

#3157 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 01:14 PM

Oh so it has been completely knocked off Toonami roster now. Let's see...2 episodes of dragonball kai did they already finish super and don't want to air it again, Bob's burger, American Dad, Rick and Morty, Family guy, lot of fox shows that are now owned by disney I think, My hero academy, demon slayer,food wars, black clover, jo jo golden wind, Naruto...its in the chikara arc you know the NS movie that was replace by road of a ninja, Genndy's Primal and Samurai Jack and the venture brother and boon docks reruns and so on.

So they rather have at least 9 re-runs of adult cartoons and six or so other anime than Boruto one of which is its prequel. How embarrassing.

Well first off Boruto doesn't really fit in with Toonami/adult swim seeing that it is a kids show targeted at really young kids as baby first shounen. Which is how it finally stop changing time-slot when it finally was put on sunday in Japan. Second, they are kittening about this just like they are kittening about Samurai 8 being cancel which they only really care about because its kishimoto work and if his work is constantly getting cancelled after he gave them nH it lead to question about if that was popular. Ulitmiately their kittening doesn't matter because three they don't put their money where their mouth is and buy kishimoto's products to support his work.

It still being licensed out to foreign countries. I assume Boruto still being dubbed its just off toonami. Hell it still has viewers in the middles east and china apparently from what I gather more out of lack of other anime; though important as china as always is a big market everyone wants a piece of. Everywhere else they moved on to other anime like MHA.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 13 November 2021 - 03:47 AM.

#3158 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:45 AM

Because they need to make Hinata fans happy and all that BS James oh and Sasuke fans as well as lets face it this was always a story about the Uchiha.

NH fans can't keep the series going forever.
Same with Sasuke fans, that still makes me mad that Naruto means nothing in his own series yet it's named after him. It's not like Nomura made Riku more important through out the dark seeker saga than sora sure at points there were but it was still sora story.

#3159 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:46 AM

Bigger question why care since there's no rules anymore like bringing one tail back even though he should be dead.

#3160 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 02:01 AM

Oh. Wow. They are already through the richie rich arc. *look up episodes list*...Oh wow they only had four episodes from that...which is about right if stretching it...then back to filler. Oh This week episodes Sakura was teaching the kids medical ninjutsu, apparently Salad doesn't have a knack for it. So, she only really gets from Sakura is her strength, and they rest is just going to be uchiha moves...Since we are all stuck in side does anyone want me to take a look at this since this is the first time in a while Sakura has had focus? Oh in two episodes it going to be an episode focused on the daughter.

https://mobile.twitt...735931232489472

"Why does this guy look like every fat guy from hentai ever."...Does he?

"Because Ikemoto can't design for kitten. And the anime team tried to improve on is design, which fails miserably." This, I agree with. His characters designs do not fit in the Naruto universe even Nail barely passable. They just ignored his outfit for Salad if I recall for the longest time then made it very safe/tame as possible once they did. Its going to be...interesting, as they have to adapt more and more of his characters.

And here I thought Super strength required excellent chakra control which is the basis of medical ninjutsu. And Sakura only gained the superstrength after obtaining mastery of medical techniques. Oh wait never mind. F*** canon consistency am I right? :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 April 2020 - 02:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users