73 replies to this topic

#41 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:33 PM

Can he do that? If that so then I guess it's okay to do that only if you ask them first lol.

I mean again been out when I lost my 300 comics of Superman, I know it sucks had a lot of the good ones as well some going back to the 60s as well.

I know I could simply by them all again but I lost so many and can't remember them all sadly James, I do hate that I lost them but not sure what I can do.

vigyyv.jpg

We also have to remember that, despite losing someone, Superman also can hang out with the other heroes who are also immortal like Wonder Woman who he could go into a relationship with and several others.

So he will never be alone. Not really

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#42 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:46 PM

vigyyv.jpg

We also have to remember that, despite losing someone, Superman also can hang out with the other heroes who are also immortal like Wonder Woman who he could go into a relationship with and several others.

So he will never be alone. Not really

Thanks james I thought he was the only immortal one again been oput of it for a good while with losing my job being at the Hospital and so on and no comic book shop where I live either.

But I do have Ebay but as someone who knows a lot on Superman and the best story lines as well which ones I should get again?

Edited by TheFirstEvil100, 19 October 2017 - 08:46 PM.

#43 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:48 PM

Thanks james I thought he was the only immortal one again been oput of it for a good while with losing my job being at the Hospital and so on and no comic book shop where I live either.

But I do have Ebay but as someone who knows a lot on Superman and the best story lines as well which ones I should get again?

Anyone is really good....like I said, Birthright and all Star Superman are great. Hush is a good one too. Anything in Action Comics is good. Just stay away from other hero centric stories like Batman with Superman in it mostly bercause they make Batman overly ridiculous and Superman a goofball.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#44 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:02 AM

Anyone is really good....like I said, Birthright and all Star Superman are great. Hush is a good one too. Anything in Action Comics is good. Just stay away from other hero centric stories like Batman with Superman in it mostly bercause they make Batman overly ridiculous and Superman a goofball.

Thanks james I shall be buying birthright story line. :D

#45 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:48 PM

if anyone gets a chance. Check out the Adventures of Superman series. It is really great, especially issue #48

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#46 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:28 PM

if anyone gets a chance. Check out the Adventures of Superman series. It is really great, especially issue #48

Well james I have brought it just waiting for it to come to my house.

#47 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:53 PM

Well james I have brought it just waiting for it to come to my house.

I hope you enjoy it. It is basically the events of the original Superman. The one in 1939 and shows how far his adventures go. So consider this the "Pre-crisis Superman story.

With that being said, did you know that Earth-Two Superman named Kal-L was originally supposed to survive with Earth One Superman dying? Yeup, Basically speaking, Golden Age Superman was supposed to outlive Modern Age Superman in the Crisis on Infinite Earths event created by the Flashpoint.

According to George Pérez in a Wizard magazine interview in 1994, Chris Claremont suggested that Superman of Earth-One dies in the final battle with the Anti-Monitor in issue #12. After the Anti-Monitor was destroyed for good, Kal-L from Earth-Two realizes that he is now alone, without his Earth, without his Lois, and now the new single Earth is without a Superman. Then he remarks, "Don't need this anymore," and brushes the white dye off his hair and other make-up that he apparently used to make himself look aged. The other heroes are surprised by this and Kal-L simply explains that he had stopped aging when he reached the peak of his powers. He returns with the other heroes to the new post-Crisis Earth, taking the place of the Earth-One Superman.

I really wonder how some of you Superman fans would feel about this? To me, this seems like a cool way of making a different universe all together and makes me feel Superman is both funny and badass. The man only to pretends to age and everyone is just flabergasted. They can't believe it.

So if you ever see a time where Superman says "We kryptonians age alot slower than Humans." He is porbably lying to make Humans feel better. Superman is immortal.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#48 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:16 PM

I hope you enjoy it. It is basically the events of the original Superman. The one in 1939 and shows how far his adventures go. So consider this the "Pre-crisis Superman story.

With that being said, did you know that Earth-Two Superman named Kal-L was originally supposed to survive with Earth One Superman dying? Yeup, Basically speaking, Golden Age Superman was supposed to outlive Modern Age Superman in the Crisis on Infinite Earths event created by the Flashpoint.

According to George Pérez in a Wizard magazine interview in 1994, Chris Claremont suggested that Superman of Earth-One dies in the final battle with the Anti-Monitor in issue #12. After the Anti-Monitor was destroyed for good, Kal-L from Earth-Two realizes that he is now alone, without his Earth, without his Lois, and now the new single Earth is without a Superman. Then he remarks, "Don't need this anymore," and brushes the white dye off his hair and other make-up that he apparently used to make himself look aged. The other heroes are surprised by this and Kal-L simply explains that he had stopped aging when he reached the peak of his powers. He returns with the other heroes to the new post-Crisis Earth, taking the place of the Earth-One Superman.

I really wonder how some of you Superman fans would feel about this? To me, this seems like a cool way of making a different universe all together and makes me feel Superman is both funny and badass. The man only to pretends to age and everyone is just flabergasted. They can't believe it.

So if you ever see a time where Superman says "We kryptonians age alot slower than Humans." He is porbably lying to make Humans feel better. Superman is immortal.

That is true Until they do a reboot of it, one thing I know on comics is they always love to do a reboot of things. I know that they have done it once with the old Teen Titens comic and changed a hell of a lot as well. Its why its hard for me to keep up with what's what but that is mainly me having to go to the doctors a lot more.

I would say almost immortal I still wonder how his whole race was killed if they are meant to be well gods, I know its something to do with our Sun, but again been out of it for so long.

I don't remember if he is also weak to magic.

#49 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:48 PM

That is true Until they do a reboot of it, one thing I know on comics is they always love to do a reboot of things. I know that they have done it once with the old Teen Titens comic and changed a hell of a lot as well. Its why its hard for me to keep up with what's what but that is mainly me having to go to the doctors a lot more.

I would say almost immortal I still wonder how his whole race was killed if they are meant to be well gods, I know its something to do with our Sun, but again been out of it for so long.

I don't remember if he is also weak to magic.

Marvel has been doing this a lot lately and they can't seem to finish one story before moving on the next one. At least DC finishes a story before rebooting or moving on. This is why people have been mad at Marvel lately and why they keep losing sales. However, they still are Number 1 in comic book sales so....

2nd Bold: Superman seems to be a special case for one reason or another. This is like asking why Goku is still around. Just a special case of luck and situations. You'd think Goku would have met his race in Hell or heaven somewhere. Imagine that happening in DBZ where Goku dies and sees his father who yells at him for not taking over Earth like he was supposed to and Goku either acting so stupid that Bardock gives up or Goku downright doesn't agree with him.

3rd bold: He has no resistance to magic, but then again no one character really does. Magic is something that seems to affect anyone and anything. It is a weird power that unless you make a spell to activiely deflect it, there is no means to block magic. However, this doesn't mean magic is a Superman killer which I have to explain to people. Superman beats up Shazam all the time and he is a superhero based on pure magic

Edited by James S Cassidy, 31 October 2017 - 05:52 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:00 PM

Is it true he once fought the Grim reaper James?

I ask cause I was talking to evil100 about it and he said he does not think so as he said the Grim reaper can only be seen by someone who time is up and are about to move onto the next life.

So I found new info about this one.
https://imgur.com/a/WZjjT

Yes, he has fought the Grim Reaper and won.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 01 November 2017 - 05:01 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#51 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:43 AM

I wanted to add something new to this thread because new info has popped up on me. A comic book I have found gave us a glimpse into a bit of what Superman can do at maximum potential.
http://dc.wikia.com/...footer-wiki-rec

When I say Superman is a god....Superman is a god. A god of gods in fact.
His powers listed her are merely a showcase of what Superman can becoming pratically a 6th dimensional being capable of not only surviving the end of the time, but recreating it AND living through time loops by sheer force of will.

This is what Superman will become in his future. Do people still believe Golden Superman's feats are non-existent? Well, how about all of these?

He is even more powerful than 5th dimensional Imps who can do whatever they want with reality.

...and that's the minimum? ...wow.

So out of all the versions, which is the "weakest" Superman and which is the "strongest"?. I put the terms on quotations because I have to use them loosely. After all, how can you call a guy with no limits weak?

#52 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:50 AM

...and that's the minimum? ...wow.

So out of all the versions, which is the "weakest" Superman and which is the "strongest"?. I put the terms on quotations because I have to use them loosely. After all, how can you call a guy with no limits weak?

I will go strongest to weakest in as many I can think of.

Weak>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strongest.
Bronze Age Superman-->Superman Animated Series/Justice League-->Golden Age Superman-->Movie Superman-->Modern Age Superman-->Superman New52-->All-Star Superman-->Silver Age Superman.

The absolute strongest is up in the air between Superman Prime and Silver Age Superman.

Cosmic Armor Superman is basically a thought robot and technically could also be a considered Superman, but technically it is not really Superman we know of.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 22 November 2017 - 06:00 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#53 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:10 PM

Cool James but here is one who is your best Supeman that has been done and by that I mean from the Cartoons to films and TV shows as well, which is best to worst?

#54 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:05 AM

Cool James but here is one who is your best Supeman that has been done and by that I mean from the Cartoons to films and TV shows as well, which is best to worst?

Hmmm.....That's a hard question.

I have to go with Grant Morrison's Superman. Whenever he writes Superman he always writes him in a way I truly feel he is.

The cartoons have his early personality, but they make Superman too weak in powers.
The TVs shows....hmmm....there are so many and I haven't seen them all. George Reeves was pretty good. So was Tom Welling...or at least as a yonger Superman.

For live action movies you definitly have to go with Christopher Reeves. Henry Cavill is pretty good, but he is not quite there yet....I blame more the script than his acting though. Brandon Routh sucks big time.

Watch All-Star Superman...

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#55 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:56 AM

Hey James I know the dark superman/ultraman is ussaly your favourite foe for superman, but in regards to lex Luther which version is the best foe for superman the cranial mastermind or the businessman?

#56 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

Hey James I know the dark superman/ultraman is ussaly your favourite foe for superman, but in regards to lex Luther which version is the best foe for superman the cranial mastermind or the businessman?

The cranial mastermind is probably my favorite because that one is also a skilled businessman and intelligent. The dude becomes president through sheer skill in being political and understanding and Superman sometimes can;t stop him from doing it because he is not breaking any rules. Sure, sometimes Lex will break the law, but most of the time he just using loopholes to gain an advantage which shows how flawed the system is. It puts some persepctive in that the system Superman is trying to protect is not perfect and even a villain can look like a good guy in the eyes of the public.

It is not like the Joker or one of Batman's villains that seem to get off technicalities more than anything. I mean, the Gotham justice system is a mess because they keep letting these villains live due to them being told they are "psychotic" and they can be "reformed." Well, they know what they are doing. They know they are killing people and taking money and some are very intelligent, but they still get off on "psychotic" or "insanity" pleas.

It's like Gotham has never heard of the "death penalty."

This is what makes Lex different. This is why Lex stays out of psycho wards and such. He merely plays with the systems, not abuse it.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#57 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:38 PM

Do you think Superman thinks of himself more as a Luke, or does he want to be a Han?

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#58 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:02 AM

Do you think Superman thinks of himself more as a Luke, or does he want to be a Han?

I'D SAY a Luke as they are the more noble hero type filled with optimism and hope

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 03 January 2018 - 12:02 AM.

#59 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:22 AM

Can someone confirm me if Superman is officially Immortal? I read an article about a new comic confirming said statement.

#60 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:01 PM

How powerful is supergirl

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users