Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

http://www.pokebeach...ovie-20-summary

also for anyone that doesn't mind hearing about pokeshipping: 

I am not a Pokemon fan, but they  really mess with the nostalgic of the fans.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#1143 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:58 PM

Well,  Like I said, I'm going to be COMPLETELY unbiased when judging this movie. I won't bring in nostalgia or the like when I watch this movie

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1144 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

I was going to watch this movie to see how they would handle the Pokeshipping, but no Misty, so no movie for me.

Hey guys later after this movie debate ends I am gong to bring some small topic, do not worry is not about Shipping XD it is concern about Pokemon and Digimon more about our monsters.

#1145 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:20 PM

I was going to watch this movie to see how they would handle the Pokeshipping, but no Misty, so no movie for me.

Hey guys later after this movie debate ends I am gong to bring some small topic, do not worry is not about Shipping XD it is concern about Pokemon and Digimon more about our monsters.

this movie not only acts like misty and brock don't exist and skips over their gyms, erika is the third gym by some weird logic, gary and ash's rivalry is supposedly non-existent and gary doesn't even acknowledge ash and is just there for a few seconds to get squirtle then runs off. damien the jerk who threw away charmander is replaced by some guy that did the same thing but is redeemed, charizard's development is retconed, might as well be a different charizard, ash's pidgeotto is erased from existence. misty and brock were only shown in a cameo in the credits along with every other past companion for 12 seconds each like a giant "screw you" to the fans of those characters since its basically a universe where they don't exist. literally the only past characters in this entire thing are ash's mom delia, professor oak, and gary, that's it, but even gary might as well not be gary. apparently the story isn't even that great and the movie was mainly made just to market marshadow, marshadow the villain for some reason 0.o. what happened to this movie being a "thank you to the fans"? seems more like a thank you to new fans, a screw you to all old fans. or just a lame marshadow marketing attempt. this was also the xy writer masuda's last work on the anime apparently, he's supposedly moving to work on the games? heck even the bike was erased from existence, no more fried bike gag. also don't think there's any doubt now that masuda who is pro ashxserena must hate misty and brock, since he made it like they didn't exist or matter to anyone xD also ash dies and is revived by ho-oh and actually tries to catch ho-oh and fails. so apparently in this universe he gets killed early in his journey after only his third badge 0.o this feels strangely like one of those old missingno pokeshipping fanfics of old xD just replace murderous missingno with marshadow. does this mean missingno was originally going to be marshadow 6 gens ago? xD

Edited by ultranx, 09 July 2017 - 04:50 PM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#1146 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:06 PM

Hmm well I'll watch it and if I think it's bad then it's because I didn't like the story not because they don't include the original characters in it

#1147 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:34 PM

Then with the middle finger they show some scenes with his friends until the end please  :confused:. I feel you guys.

#1148 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:34 AM

Then with the middle finger they show some scenes with his friends until the end please  :confused:. I feel you guys.

also off topic, love your digimon cyber sleuth signature, cyber sleuth ftw, can't wait for digimon cyber sleuth: hacker's memory.

in case you don't know about it yet:

but yeah, that's exactly how this movie feels to old fans, a middle finger, even gary might as well not be gary without his rivarly/friendship with ash. plus if you guys liked ash's pidgeot, or now that I think about it bulbasaur and squirtle since he got those if I remember correctly before vermillion city or celadon city, and now they might as well not exist either xD fans of those of ash's pokemon say hello masuda. looks like the only 3 pokemon ash had in the original that are in this movie are pikachu, charizard, and butterfree, but like I said, they might as well not be the pokemon from the original series we knew and loved and just completely new pokemon replacing them trying to hold a candle to them.

I can't even be happy about butterfree being in it because its not the same butterfree.

instead of being a "thank you to the fans", this is a complete nostalgia rage movie xD

its like I remember gen 1 was supposed to be the only gen and the first movie was gonna be the anime ending and I remember the trailer that had the grown up misty and her pink haired daughter playing with ash's pikachu when ash wasn't around, there were even countless msm news people who said it was just the big craze right then and that it would eventually die down,then they decided to make gen 2 and the only reason it continued from gen 1 and onward is because us, the original fans, loved the franchise so much. yet all these new fans always pull the genwunner card on any of those old fans and hate them just because they like gen 1, even when they enjoy the franchise as a whole all the way to the new stuff. do they thank us with a gen 1  movie? nope, just give us the middle finger.

last I checked to these idiot new fans, genwunners were the gen 1 fans that hate anything post gen 1 and wouldn't even care about this movie whatsoever because it uses newer gen pokemon.

Edited by ultranx, 10 July 2017 - 03:13 AM.

#1149 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:15 AM

also off topic, love your digimon cyber sleuth signature, cyber sleuth ftw, can't wait for digimon cyber sleuth: hacker's memory.

in case you don't know about it yet:

but yeah, that's exactly how this movie feels to old fans, a middle finger, even gary might as well not be gary without his rivarly/friendship with ash. plus if you guys liked ash's pidgeot, or now that I think about it bulbasaur and squirtle since he got those if I remember correctly before vermillion city or celadon city, and now they might as well not exist either xD fans of those of ash's pokemon say hello masuda. looks like the only 3 pokemon ash had in the original that are in this movie are pikachu, charizard, and butterfree, but like I said, they might as well not be the pokemon from the original series we knew and loved and just completely new pokemon replacing them trying to hold a candle to them.

I can't even be happy about butterfree being in it because its not the same butterfree.

instead of being a "thank you to the fans", this is a complete nostalgia rage movie xD

its like I remember gen 1 was supposed to be the only gen and the first movie was gonna be the anime ending and I remember the trailer that had the grown up misty and her pink haired daughter playing with ash's pikachu when ash wasn't around, there were even countless msm news people who said it was just the big craze right then and that it would eventually die down,then they decided to make gen 2 and the only reason it continued from gen 1 and onward is because us, the original fans, loved the franchise so much. yet all these new fans always pull the genwunner card on any of those old fans and hate them just because they like gen 1, even when they enjoy the franchise as a whole all the way to the new stuff.

What they were thinking? :facepalm: Did they feel fear to risk? We afraid to  repeat the first episode and spin off is the answer.

About Cyber S. I am hype, many new Digimon like the four great Dragons, the new Digimon for the 20th anniversary Zabanmon and all his evolution and the return Nokia the waifu XD. If you want to talk about more Hack memories please visit the forum of Digimon :blush:   

#1150 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:31 AM

What they were thinking? :facepalm: Did they feel fear to risk? We afraid to  repeat the first episode and spin off is the answer.

About Cyber S. I am hype, many new Digimon like the four great Dragons, the new Digimon for the 20th anniversary Zabanmon and all his evolution and the return Nokia the waifu XD. If you want to talk about more Hack memories please visit the forum of Digimon :blush:   

I'm starting to believe even more masuda knows nothing about gen 1 or the layout of kanto region or anything that happened in the original anime and is just blinded by his hate for gen 1 just because of his pro ashxserena mindset and blindly does his own twist. nothing about this movie feels like the "thank you to the fans" the movie was promoted to be. not masuda but whoever did the serena kiss who did this movie, but yeah. someone said its was someone else and not masuda,

Edited by ultranx, 11 July 2017 - 01:50 AM.

#1151 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:35 AM

Is retconning all the previous seasons of pokemon okay? if i was in charge of the anime i would have made kanto and johto canon and wrote a better canon after that allowed ash to grow and act human again. I felt like pokemon became  to stale and repetitive these days. 

#1152 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:38 PM

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't care about don't judge before watching it, if you mess with the beginning by changing basically what helped made Pokemon then its a no go! Nope screw it!! Messing it for marketing. I don't give a damn about shipping since Ash seems to get denser each season after Advance but I wanted Misty and Brock! Gary is a must rival for Ash. How dare they?!

Why the guy doesn't like Misty? He made Ash dumb in XY when Ash wasn't too dense in the first season???? He was mature in Advance too

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#1153 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:36 AM

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't care about don't judge before watching it, if you mess with the beginning by changing basically what helped made Pokemon then its a no go! Nope screw it!! Messing it for marketing. I don't give a damn about shipping since Ash seems to get denser each season after Advance but I wanted Misty and Brock! Gary is a must rival for Ash. How dare they?!

Why the guy doesn't like Misty? He made Ash dumb in XY when Ash wasn't too dense in the first season???? He was mature in Advance too

I would say sinnoh, not advance, considering how well he did in sinnoh and he kept the lure around. plus I believe battle frontier was the season that had the opening with misty and delia in the queen of hearts cards. other than that I agree, I think b/w was when it went downhill, remember how awesome of a villain pokemon hunter j was til they killed her off?

I know alot of you disagree on alot of what I say due to your favorite ships, but that doesn't mean I haven't watched the seasons your ships are in xD excluding b/w, I've watched each season fully and each movie. I have a love for the pokemon ranger series and loved the ranger cameos too. sinnoh is one of my faves, even if I support pokeshipping, shocking right? xD and pokemon emerald is still to this day my favorite pokemon game, and I've played every gen. heck I love the original mewtwo, I even have mewtwo returns on vhs xD and I know its not one of the well known movies because it isn't in the numerical trilogy like the raikou one. honestly why they're treating this kinda movie as the 20th is beyond me....

Edited by ultranx, 12 July 2017 - 04:44 AM.

#1154 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:12 AM

I would say sinnoh, not advance, considering how well he did in sinnoh and he kept the lure around. plus I believe battle frontier was the season that had the opening with misty and delia in the queen of hearts cards. other than that I agree, I think b/w was when it went downhill, remember how awesome of a villain pokemon hunter j was til they killed her off?
I know alot of you disagree on alot of what I say due to your favorite ships, but that doesn't mean I haven't watched the seasons your ships are in xD excluding b/w, I've watched each season fully and each movie. I have a love for the pokemon ranger series and loved the ranger cameos too. sinnoh is one of my faves, even if I support pokeshipping, shocking right? xD and pokemon emerald is still to this day my favorite pokemon game, and I've played every gen. heck I love the original mewtwo, I even have mewtwo returns on vhs xD and I know its not one of the well known movies because it isn't in the numerical trilogy like the raikou one. honestly why they're treating this kinda movie as the 20th is beyond me....

The one with Paul???? I felt he was going back and forth, the way he lost to Paul in their battle made me upset because he didn't prepared enough to beat him and in Advance, he wasn't too impulsive and would help give advice to May once in awhile along with Brock. I don't care about shipping, I would just enjoy the show xD

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#1155 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:18 PM

Well that's obvious. They switched writers. It's just like American comics, the writers change and the interpretation for the characters change.

And regards to the movie I think the keyword forgotten here is "alternate universe". It's not like they said "We are rebooting the first season of the anime so that Ash never became friends with Misty and Brock and never had a rivalry with Gary." 

#1156 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:22 AM

Well that's obvious. They switched writers. It's just like American comics, the writers change and the interpretation for the characters change.

And regards to the movie I think the keyword forgotten here is "alternate universe". It's not like they said "We are rebooting the first season of the anime so that Ash never became friends with Misty and Brock and never had a rivalry with Gary." 

even though they literally did that in this universe, and they still call this "pokemon movie 20" in the advertisements xD

#1157 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:27 PM

So I just realized that the subs for Sun and Moon stopped at Episode 25...  I know the raws for 26-33 have been out.. so I've been kinda curious why haven't any of the subs come out for those episodes? 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#1158 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

Because it's too much of an anime than something to take serious.

#1159 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:14 PM

So I just realized that the subs for Sun and Moon stopped at Episode 25...  I know the raws for 26-33 have been out.. so I've been kinda curious why haven't any of the subs come out for those episodes? 

Hmm maybe translators are busy? that is ALWAYS a reason. Same with manga tranlations

#1160 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:35 PM

Because it's too much of an anime than something to take serious.

Was Pokemon anime ever serious though?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users